Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting a DA campaign soon. Any advice or suggestions?

Defender of the Word

Re: Starting a DA campaign soon. Any advice or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by TheComet View Post
    Where are these rules in the hard back? Seems like something I need to look over. I checked talents, equipment, and special materials, but I don't see anything about bonus focus and talents.

Thanks for the input so far.
    Chapter 13: rewards, page 326. Read from that onward. Give it a thorough look to get the picture and judge for yourself.

Also slightly unrelated note: do not let your players read from gming stuff onwards. It contains chapters of secrets of thedas, adversaries and the rewards. They dont need to know about those.
    Last edited by PnPgamer; 03-19-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks. I'll check that out.

As for the players reading ahead, that shouldn't be a problem. I'm the only one with a copy of the book.

Specific question. Do the Organization rules play well?

One plot I wanted to explore was to have a Bann or Arl assign the party to clear out and recover a village that was abandoned during the Fifth Blight. I figured I would used the Organization rules to represent the village. Let the players assign points to the various attributes to reflect their characters' priorities, and so on. This might let the players who are into story and politicking to shine.

Keeper of Secrets

I have the recent hardback, not the individual sets. Are these still an issue in that one?
    Yeah, but iirc it's just the same half-finished rule which was terrible to begin with. Yay, here's a talent point that you already have!

Keeper of Secrets

Specific question. Do the Organization rules play well?

One plot I wanted to explore was to have a Bann or Arl assign the party to clear out and recover a village that was abandoned during the Fifth Blight. I figured I would used the Organization rules to represent the village. Let the players assign points to the various attributes to reflect their characters' priorities, and so on. This might let the players who are into story and politicking to shine.
    Honestly, we haven't really used them. AGE rules are very combat centric. The organizational rules are a separate entity entirely. And D-AGE doesn't really have instant travel or communication, so if your party travels it's difficult to stay in touch.

Keeper of Secrets Kot the Protector's Avatar

My party has been using the Organization rules quite often considering they are now run in a nation, and I love the Organization rules. Currently they are mostly used as a way to let the players know how their nation is faring, and I'll eventually. We'd their nation's stats for the final climactic encounter with the elven army of Brecilia and the demon armies of the big bad!

They are mostly supposed to be something that lets you track Organzations as a background feature, with the stats being kept in the background. My campaign has them front and center because running the Organization is very important to the story.
    If you like the Dragon Age RPG, please consider listening to my podcast: The Wonders of Thedas! We discuss classes, backgrounds, GMing techniques, specializations, play styles, and much more!
    You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundlcoud!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share with the world, or any other contribution, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Tumblr accounts!

Good to hear. Thanks!