Image is ENGAGE MODE: ON by KahoOkashii

"Move over, Dropbox. My cloud has miniguns in it."

Amethyst

PL 9 (135)

Abilities (28)
    STR 0 AGI 0 FIT 2 AWA 2
    STA 0 DEX 2 INT 10 PRE 2

Powers (74)
    Amethyst Battlesuit: (extra: feature [restricted to Amethyst], flaw: removable) (74)
    - Hyperspace Arsenal: array [24]
    = Blaster Pistols: Damage +10 (extras: range +1, split attack) {21}
    = Gatling Laser: Damage +10 (extra: improved crit, multiattack +1, range +1, flaw: distracting -1) {21}
    = Railgun: Weaken TOU +10 (extras: range +1, flaws: distracting -1, instant recovery -1, linked: Damage +10 [extra: range +1]) {20}
    = Strike Drones: Damage +5 (extras: burst area +1, range +1, selective +1) {20}
    - Bio Stabilizer: Enhanced FORT +7 [7]
    - Fire control: Enhanced skill +4 (Ranged combat: hyperspace arsenal +8), enhanced advantage +1 (move-by action) [5]
    - Hyperdrive: Flight +5 [10]
    - Onboard Systems: feature +2 (computer, improvised tools) [2]
    - Sensor Array: Senses +3 (accurate radio) [3]
    - System Core uplink: Variable +2 (10 points, technology effects, extra: action +1) [16]
    - Tactical AI: Enhanced Dodge +8, Enhanced Parry +8 [16]
    - Warp Field: Protection +8 [8]

Advantages (9)
    Attractive 2, Benefit 3 (status [CEO], Fame, wealth), Beginner's Luck, Inventor, Language (Mandarin, english native), Ultimate effort (Computers)

Skills (14/28)
    expertise: business +2
    expertise: Physical Sciences +5
    persuasion +6
    perception +6
    Technology +9

Defenses (10)
    TOU +8/0 DODGE +10/2 FORT +9/1 PARRY +10/2 WILL +9

complications
    Lost Connection to Server (Power Loss): Amethyst's battlesuit resides mostly in hyperspace, and space/time anomalies or effects that prevent hyperspace jumps interfere with its operation. They may prevent her from warping in new weapons or hotswapping modules (cannot configure Array or Variable and Array becomes Easy to Remove), or force her suit to operate on battery power (all power ranks halved).
    BSOD (power loss): Amethyst has very little experience in weapon design, and sometimes her equipment malfunctions.
    /root (responsibility): Amethyst is the CEO of a major multinational tech company. She also runs numerous charities, mentors promising startups, sponsors scientific research and runs projects aimed at getting girls involved in science and engineering.
    Now Trending on Twitter (fame): She's world-famous, she has no secret identity and you can't miss her with that mane of hip-length hair dyed cotton-candy pink.
    Forget the Sugar Water (motivation - guardianship, doing good): Amethyst became a hero to protect her family and her home, and use her talent to make the world a better place.

Total
    abilities 28 + powers 74 + advantages 9 + skills 14/28 + defenses 10 = 135

"I never thought I'd become a superhero. I mean, the whole idea sounded stupid - how much can one person in spandex do, superpowers or not? I was going to do what they couldn't, to change the world through technology and do it in style. Go to Stanford at fourteen: check. Drop out a year later to found a startup: check. Make billions off the IPO: check. Do it better the next time: hell yeah.

"Then the whole invasion thing happened, and when you're hiding in a bomb shelter without food or power trying to figure out if your family's alive, beating Google Glass to market suddenly sounds a lot less important. And changing the world doesn't seem so grand when there's nothing you can change about people dying in the streets.

"After that, I couldn't go back to coming up with new ways to keep people staring at a 5-inch screen. I wanted to protect the things that really mattered. So I sold my company, took a crash course in high-energy physics - and Amethyst, Avenging Angel of the people was born!

"That was six months ago and tons of stuff's happened since then. I got into a big argument over the hero biz with Ma and Ba but talked them around, my suit's AI went sentient and became my best friend, and I bought my company back and got it making stuff that actually helps the world. These days, I'm a changed person, and not because I dyed my hair pink or got myself an awesome tan. The next time alien ships warp in over the city, I know I won't be cowering in a basement, holding a phone with no signal."

[quote="Ysariel"]Design Notes:

Amethyst's a 21st-century twist on Tony Stark. She's not as good at miniaturization and mechanical engineering as most super inventors, so she designed her suit with force fields instead of armor, and warps in handheld armament instead of using built-in weapons. And instead of insanely compact technology, over 99% of her battlesuit's mass resides in a hyperspace pocket, connected to our universe by a fist-sized wormhole in her backpack (just out of view in the picture).

What she wears is only the emitters and interfaces for the various systems. Unlike the core book Battlesuit, she doesn't have the Normal Identity drawback, since her suit is compact enough that she can wear it all the time, under her street clothes if she wants to.

Amethyst is slightly damage and defense shifted to represent someone who hits hard, but is somewhat fragile. Her super-science strengths lie in computing, force fields and hyperspace technology. The Knowledge: Business and Diplomacy skills represent her skills as an entrepreneur.

Her Hyperspace Arsenal array represents handheld weapons that Amethyst warps i
    Last edited by Kreuzritter; 07-14-2017 at 05:35 AM.

Rhino

PL 10 (150)

Abilities (36)
    STR 12/4 AGI 2 FIT 6/4 AWA 2
    STA 8/4 DEX 0 INT 0 PRE 2

Powers (72)
    Iron Rhino mecha: (flaw: removable) (72)
    - 4 X 4 traction: Speed +6 [6]
    - big robot: Growth +4 (extras: continuous +1, innate, flaw: permanent -1) [9]
    - Hydraulic exoskeleton: Enhanced STR +4 [8]
    - idiot-proof interface: Enhanced Dodge +4, Enhanced FIT +2 [8]
    - machine guns: Damage +8 (extras: accurate 4, multiattack +1, range +1) [29]
    = Rockets: Damage +12 (extras: accurate 4, range +1) {28}
    - unstoppable: Burrowing +5 (extra: penetrating +1) [10]
    - Walking Tank: Protection +6, impervious TOU +14 [20]

Advantages (10)
    all-out attack, fast grab, improved grab, improved hold, improved initiative, language (english, russian native), move-by action, power attack, startle, takedown

Skills (20/40)
    close combat: unarmed +2
    expertise: criminal +6
    insight +4
    intimidate +10
    perception +6
    ranged combat: guns +4
    vehicles +8

Defenses (12)
    TOU +14/4 DODGE +6/4 FORT +14/10 PARRY +6/4 WILL +6

complications
    I told you I'd be back!: Rhino was humiliated by Spider-man, and wants revenge on the wall-crawler
    Motivation - Greed: Rhino is a career criminal, motivated by money and power

Total
    abilities 36 + powers 72 + advantages 10 + skills 20/40 + defenses 12 = 150

barely appearing in The Amazing Spider-man 2, Rhino is Aleksei Sytsevich, a Russian mobster humiliated and defeated by Spider-man, only to be released from prison and given his titular mecha-suit by agents of Oscorp half a year later, and is last seen going against Spidey at the start of their rematch
    Last edited by Kreuzritter; 03-25-2017 at 05:24 AM.

Re: Kreuz Control

So, for my next trick...

EX-HEROES

a novel series by Peter Clines, the gist isearly in 2009, superheroes began to appear around the globe. but, not long after, so did the zombies, the "Ex-Humans". the series proper begins a year later, the Zombaclypse in full swing, alternating between the remaining heroes having protected their last bastion of humanity, and now rebuilding civilization, as new threats rear their ugly heads

its a low power setting, the most powerful known hero being only PL10

the lineup, comprising the cast from across the series:

St George: once known as the Mighty Dragon, he's a spidey scaled superman with firebreath
    Banzai: the living superball
    Cairax: sorcerer who figured out how to possess his own summoned demon, bound within his medallion
    Captain Freedom: America's number one fighting supersoldier
    Cerberus: America's only existing suit of power armor, piloted by its agoraphobic inventor
    Corpse Girl: "Yeah I'm dead. wanna make something of it?"
    Gorgon: costumed adventurer with a strength-sapping vampiric gaze
    Regenerator: once an immortal with a healing touch, now chief doctor of The Mount
    Stealth: she's batman
    Zzzap: smart ass lightning storm that walks like a man, and everflowing font of pre-zombacalypse pop culture references

and Peasy, the last person you'd want to get the last power you'd want to see after the Zombacalypse

St. George

PL 8 (120)

Abilities (48)
    STR 8 AGI 2 FIT 2 AWA 2
    STA 8 DEX 0 INT 0 PRE 2

Powers (42)
    Dragon's Breath: Damage +8 (extra: cone area +1) (17)
    - Focussed breath: Damage +6 (extras: accurate 4, range +1) [16]
    bulletproof: Protection +4, impervious TOU +10, immunity +1 (disease) (15)
    up, up and away: Flight +5 (10)

Advantages (5)
    interpose, inspire 2, takedown 2

Skills (15/30)
    close combat: unarmed +6
    insight +6
    investigation +6
    perception +6
    persuasion +6

Defenses (10)
    TOU +12 DODGE +4 FORT +8 PARRY +4 WILL +8

complications
    Enemies of humanity: Legion, Agent Smith
    motivation - doing good: St. George knows doing the right thing is just as important as mere survival
    The Mount: St. George is the foremost protector of the last bastion of humanity in LA

Total
    abilities 48 + powers 42 + advantages 5 + skills 15/30 + defenses 10 = 120

the central hero and moral Compass in the Ex-Heroes verse, George Bailey (yes, really) was a UCLA janitor who got his powers from too close to an explosion in the science labs. at first only able to glide, George figures out how to fly at the climax of the first book. Since the Zombacalypse, George has instead on being the man who makes the harder decisions, to keep The Mount from succumbing to the cold, pragmatic moral calculus you'd see in this sort of fiction

Cerberus

PL 8 (120)

Abilities (20)
    STR 10 AGI 0 FIT 0 AWA 2
    STA 6/2 DEX 0 INT 6 PRE 0

Powers (72)
    Cerberus Battle Armor System: (flaw: removable) (64)
    - 9 feet tall: Growth +4 (extras: innate, continuous +1, flaw: permanent -1) [9]
    - combat interface: Enhanced FIT +6, enhanced DODGE +6 [18]
    - integrity seals: Immunity +10 (life support) [10]
    - walking tank: Enhanced STR +6, protection +6, impervious TOU +12 [30]
    - Suit can run: Speed +4 [4]
    - Weapon Systems [21]
    = machine gun: Damage +6 (extras: multiattack +1, range +1) {18}
    = electrified: affliction +4 (Daze/stun/incapacitate, fort resists, extras: Reaction +3) {20}

Advantages (2)
    inventor, skill mastery (technology)

Skills (18/36)
    expertise: engineer +8
    insight +4
    perception +6
    ranged combat: Cerberus +10
    technology +8

Defenses (8)
    TOU +12/2 DODGE +4/0 FORT +8/4 PARRY +4/0 WILL +8

complications
    battery low: fighting hordes of Exes can take its toll on Cerberus's power supply
    enemies of humanity: Legion, Agent Smith
    hangar queen: it takes danielle several minutes to get in or out of the Cerberus armor
    Motivation - Responsibility: Cerberus is one of the world's remaining superheroes, and is dedicated to protecting the people of the Mount
    Security blanket: Danielle has become agoraphobic since the Zombacalypse, preferring to stay inside her armor whenever she can

Total
    abilities 20 + powers 72 + advantages 2 + skills 18/36 + defenses 8 = 120

the newest of the initial group of heroes, Cerberus is the experimental power armor piloted by its creator, Dr. Danielle Morris, who also had a hand in designing the vehicles and other unique hardware of The Mount. Although the Cerberus was destroyed at the end of book 4 "Ex-Purgatory", Danielle is already hard at work building a new one from the remains and whatever else can be scavenged

Stealth

PL 8 (120)

Abilities (64)
    STR 2 AGI 6 FIT 12 AWA 4
    STA 4 DEX 2 INT 2 PRE 0

Advantages (15)
    assessment, eidetic memory, equipment 2, evasion, hide in plain sight, improved disarm, improved initiative, improved trip, move-by action, quick draw, takedown 2, uncanny dodge

Skills (27/54)
    Acrobatics +6
    athletics +6
    insight +6
    investigation +6
    perception +6
    ranged combat: guns +8
    sleight of hand +6
    stealth +6
    technology +4

Defenses (14)
    TOU +4 DODGE +12 FORT +6 PARRY +12 WILL +10

equipment [10]
    dual pistols: Damage +4 (extra: ranged) [8]
    = riot batons: damage +2 (strength based) {2}
    night vision binoculars [1]

complications
    Enemies of Humanity: Legion, Agent Smith
    motivation - responsibility: Stealth has dedicated herself to seeing everyone in The Mount survive the Zombcalypse

Total
    abilities 64 + advantages 15 + skills 27/54 + defenses 14 = 120

the no-nonsense leader of The Mount's collection of heroes, Stealth ... i'll be blunt. she's batman. she was a world famous super genius fashion model turned crime fighter before the Ex-Virus outbreak. well, up until Ex-Purgatory reveals she was taught by her international mercenary/assassin father, so she's more Talia, I guess. also, despite her stunning good looks, the woman has the charisma of a brick

Zzzap

PL 10 (50)

Abilities (-6)
    STR n/a AGI 0 FIT 0 AWA 2
    STA n/a DEX 0 INT 3 PRE 2

Powers (130)
    1.21 gigawatts of power!: Damage +12 (extras: accurate 4, range +1) (29)
    - nuke em from orbit, only way to make sure: Damage +9 (extras: burst area +1, range +1) [27]
    living lightning: immunity +30 (fort), insubstantial 3 (extra: continuous +1, flaw: permanent -1), protection +8, regeneration +1, Damage +5 (extras: reaction +3, flaw: uncontrolled -1) (69)
    jump to lightspeed: enhanced Dodge +12, flight +10 (32)
    what's that lassie: senses +1 (radio) (1)

Advantages (2)
    accurate attack, taunt

Skills (15/30)
    deception +6
    expertise: Science +8
    expertise: pop culture +8
    insight +4
    perception +4

Defenses (8)
    TOU +8 DODGE +12 FORT n/a PARRY +0 WILL +10

complications
    downtime: as Barry, Zzzap loses his powers and use of his legs, but regains his STR and STA of 0
    motivation - responsibility: Zzzap isn't just oneof humanity's last superheroes, he supplies power to the Mount's homes and facilities
    pop culture whore: Barry is quite motormouthed, and tries to work in as many pop culture references as he can

Total
    abilities -6 + powers 130 + advantages 2 + skills 15/30 + defenses 8 = 150

the single most powerful of the heroes, Barry Burke (originally a particle physicist from new mexico) is often sidelined, as they need him to supply power for The Mount's homes and facilities, a process requiring him to spend the entire time floating in a specialized rig, with only a steadily growing scavenged DVD collection and whoever visits him for company. by no means unpleasant, just really, really boring, and when he does reert to his paralyzed from the waste down black self, its so he can eat or sleep, because powering the last bastion of humanity really burns through the calories
    Last edited by Kreuzritter; 07-05-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Captain John Carter Freedom

PL 8 (120)

Abilities (68)
    STR 6 AGI 6 FIT 8 AWA 2
    STA 8 DEX 2 INT 0 PRE 2

Powers (10)
    jump good: leaping +2
    Lady Liberty: Damage +6 (extra: Range +1, flaw: easily removable) (8)

Advantages (11)
    assessment, improved trip, improved initiative, move-by action, inspire, leadership, takedown 2, uncanny dodge

Skills (23/46)
    athletics +4
    expertise: soldier +8
    insight +6
    intimidation +4
    investigation +4
    perception +6
    persuasion +4
    ranged combat: guns +8
    stealth +4
    vehicles +4

Defenses (8)
    TOU +8 DODGE +8 FORT +8 PARRY +8 WILL +8

complications
    Enemies of humanity: Legion, Agent Smith
    failures: Freedom is haunted by the memory of those who died under his command
    Motivation - Responsibility: Freedom's first duty is to defending what's left of america from the Exes
    New Sherriff in town: Freedom's primary duty in the Mount is to maintain law and order

Total
    abilities 68 + powers 10 + advantages 11 + skills 23/46 + defenses 8 = 120

introduced in the second book "Ex Patriots", Captain Freedom (yes, really) was among the many men and women stationed at Yuma, New Mexico for Project Krypton, an experiment in creating captain America-grade super soldiers. the good news is that the project actually worked. bad news is it was run by a supervillain, who kept Freedom and his men in reserve rather than fight the plague of walking dead. ousting this villain with the help of the heroes of The Mount, however, resulted in the deaths of almost all the project's remaining residents, forcing the survivors to move out to California and the mount, where Freedom now acts as the community's sheriff
    Last edited by Kreuzritter; 03-25-2017 at 05:25 AM.

Corpse Girl

PL 6 (90)

Abilities (26)
    STR 0 AGI 2 FIT 2 AWA 2
    STA 6 DEX 0 INT 0 PRE 1

Powers (37)
    can't see me: concealment +3 (visual, hearing, flaw: limited to Exes -1) (3)
    how can you kill what's already dead?: immortality +11 (extra: persistant, regrowth) (24)
    not a scratch: Regeneration +10 (10)

Advantages (2)
    equipment 2

Skills (13/26)
    insight +6
    investigation +6
    perception +6
    ranged combat: pistol +8

Defenses (12)
    TOU +6 DODGE +6 FORT +6 PARRY +6 WILL +6

equipment
    heavy pistol

complications
    Captain freedom: Corpse Girl looks up to the captain as a surrogate big brother
    rollback: When corpse girl goes to sleep, her memory resets back to July 28th, 2009
    Motivation - responsibility: Corpse Girl is one of the world's remaining superheroes, and takes the safety of The Mount very seriously

Total
    abilities 26 + powers 37 + advantages 2 + skills 13/26 + defenses 12 = 90

the newest hero to join The Mount, Madelyn Sorensen was the only daughter of Dr. Emil Sorenson, who would eventually oversee Project Krypton supersoldier experiments. however, Madelyn was also a girl with countless illnesses and birth defects that would leave her dead at a young age, and so Dr. Sorenson injected her with his experimental medical nanite technology, giving her the health and chance at life she deserved.

and then she got eaten by the Exes.

Luckily for Madelyn, the nanites rebuilt her body, even purging almost all the effects of the Ex-virus from her body, the only remaining side effects being she resembles a walking corpse, and every time she goes back to sleep, her mind rewinds back to the day she died. eventually making her ay to LA, she joined up with the Mount, proving instrumental in saving not only the community, but everything else in the world from Cairax Mullen, and a recent attempt on them by Smith may have resulted in allowing Madelyn to remember things correctly now
    Last edited by Kreuzritter; 03-25-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Banzai

PL 8 (120)

Abilities (56)
    STR 2 AGI 8 FIT 8 AWA 2
    STA 4 DEX 2 INT 0 PRE 2

Powers (20)
    flurry of blows: Damage +4 (strength-based, extra: multiattack 6) (10)
    superagile: Leaping +2, movement 3 (safe fall, sure-footed, wall-crawling) speed +2 (10)

Advantages (9)
    agile feint, evasion 2, improved disarm, improved initiative, improved trip, move-by action, takedown 2

Skills (17/34)
    acrobatics +8
    athletics +4
    insight +4
    perception +6
    persuasion +4
    stealth +6

Defenses (18)
    TOU +4 DODGE +12 FORT +8 PARRY +12 WILL +8

complications
    Gorgon: Banzai has an intense physical relationship with her fellow hero
    Motivation - thrills: Banzai loves being the fastest, wildest, most colorful hero in LA
    responsibility: Banzai is one of the remaining heroes after the Zombocalypse

Total
    abilities 56 + powers 20 + advantages 9 + skills 17/34 + defenses 18 = 120

another Ex-Hero, Banzai was a young girl growing up under the repressive oversight of her traditionalist parents. after discovering her gifts, became a superhero as rebellion, and another act was entering into a relationship with Gorgon, a white man 10 years her senior. sadly, it wasn't long into the Zombaclypse that she was bitten by the Exes and became one of the walking dead herself
    Last edited by Kreuzritter; 03-25-2017 at 05:26 AM.