Results 4,511 to 4,517 of 4517

Thread: Kreuz Control: Maestro, Centurion, Bowman III, White Lion, Lady Liberty

Bowman III

PL 10 (150)

Abilities (48)
    STR 2 AGI 4 FIT 4 AWA 2
    STA 4 DEX 4 INT 2 PRE 2

Powers (14)
    bow and arrows: array (flaw: easily removable) (14)
    - cable arrow: movement +3 (safe fall, swinging, wall-crawling) [6]
    - diamon-tipped arrow: Damage +6 (extras: Penetrating +1, range +1) [18]
    - smoke arrow: concealment +2 (sight, extras: attack +0, cloud area +1, range +1) [8]
    - tangler arrow: affliction +6 (hindered & vulnerable/immobile & defenseless, dodge resists, damage overcomes, extras: cumulative +1, extra condition +1, range +1, flaw: limited degree -1) [18]
    - shock arrow: affliction +6 (daze/stun/incapacitate, fort resists, extras: cumulative +1, range +1) [18]

Advantages (18)
    benefit 3 (wealth 3), connected, contacts, def roll 4, improved aim, move-by action, precise attack 2 (ranged cover/concealment), takedown 2, taunt, uncanny dodge, well-informed

Skills (40/80)
    acrobatics +6
    deception +10
    expertise: current events +8
    expertise: streetwise +8
    insight +8
    investigation +6
    perception +12
    persuasion +8
    ranged combat: Archery +10
    vehicles +4

Defenses (30)
    TOU +8/4 DODGE +12 FORT +10 PARRY +12 WILL +10

complications
    arrow: Archer is responsible for his youthful ward, Ethan Keller
    hits the spot: Archer has struggled with alcoholism his entire adult life
    motivation - Legacy: Archer carries on the crime fighting legacy of the first archer
    secret identity: Archer is secretly Fletcher Beaumont II, wealthy man about town and publisher of the Freedom City Ledger

Total
    abilities 48 + powers 14 + advantages 18 + skills 40/80 + defenses 30 = 150

the third man to bear the mantle of the Bowman, Fletcher Beaumont II started his career as the second arrow, trained by his predecessor and second Bowman, Timothy Quinn. Unfortunately, the pressures of crime fighting while preparing to inherit his father's business of the ledger, and balancing both drove Fletcher to a recurring affair with the bottle, driving a wedge between himself and his own sidekick, Ethan Keller, who would ultimately disown his mentor and take the identity of Archer.

Today, Fletcher is clean and sober, retired from heroics, and proud of his son Fletcher IV, the current Bowman

White Lion

PL 10 (150)

Abilities (64)
    STR 4 AGI 6 FIT 6 AWA 4
    STA 4 DEX 0 INT 4 PRE 4

Powers (7)
    catlike senses: senses +5 (analytical/tracking smell, danger sense, low-light vision, ultrahearing) (5)
    might of the lion: damage +2 (str-based) (2)

Advantages (18)
    agile feint, assessment, benefit 3 (King of Dakana), connected, def roll 4, hide in plain sight, improved initiative, languages 3 (bantu, english, french, kiswahili, Dakanan native), move-by action, takedown, uncanny dodge

Skills (41/82)
    acobatics +10
    athletics +8
    close combat: unarmed +8
    expertise: king of Dakana +8
    insight +8
    investigation +6
    perception +10
    persuasion +8
    stealth +10
    technology +6

Defenses (20)
    TOU +10/4 DODGE +10 FORT +10 PARRY +10 WILL +10

complications
    heavy is the head: White Lion must attend to matters political
    motivation - responsibility: the White Lion is the hero and king of Dakana
    world famous: Everyone knows that White Lion is King M'Balla of Dakana

Total
    abilities 64 + powers 7 + advantages 18 + skills 41/82 + defenses 20= 150

the hero-king of the prosperous African nation of Dakana, M'balla ascended both mantle and throne after the untimely passing of his father. Realizing Dakana could no longer hide from the world, M'Balla ended centuries of isolation by not only opening careful trade of technology and the powerful daka crystals, but joined and served alongside the Freedom League. However, he ultimately had to abandon the latter in order to be there for and best serve his kingdom.

In recent years, M'Balla still rules wisely as king, but he has passed the mantle of the White Lion to his daughter, Princess Tafari, and mourns the ambitions of his exiled son, Baako, who has become the Red Hyena, a power-mad cult leader

Lady Liberty

PL 10 (150)

Abilities (28)
    STR 10 AGI 2 FIT 2 AWA 4
    STA 8 DEX 0 INT 0 PRE 4

Powers (70)
    freedom of flight: flight +6 (12)
    Liberty's might: Enbhanced STR +10, Enhanced STA +6, protection +2 (34)
    light of liberty: array (23)
    - blinding light: Affliction +10 (vision impaired/disabled/unaware, dodge resists, fort overcomes, flaw: sense dependent -1) [20]
    - freedom from bondage: nullify +10 (bindings, flaw: range -1) [10]
    - invigorate: healing +10 [20]
    - Shield: deflect +10 [10]
    twirling change: feature +1 (quick change) (1)

Advantages (2)
    contacts, teamwork

Skills (26/52)
    close combat: unarmed +8
    expertise: federal agent +8
    insight +8
    investigation +4
    perception +6
    persuasion +8
    ranged combat: light of liberty +10

Defenses (24)
    TOU +10 DODGE +10 FORT +8 PARRY +10 WILL +12

complications
    captivity: Lady Liberty loses her powers when bound or imprisoned
    hear me roar: Lady Liberty is a strong advocate for women's rights
    journey's end: Lady Liberty's powers are steadily waning
    lil ol me: Lady Liberty is humble to a fault
    motivation - damsel of democracy: Lady Liberty fights a never ending battle for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness
    secret identity: Lady Liberty is secretly federal agent Donna Mason

Total
    abilities 28 + powers 69 + advantages 2 + skills 26/52 + defenses 24 = 150

Ever since she was chosen by the Light of Liberty to be its champion, Donna mason has fought the good fight. but as the silver age wears on, the powers of Lady Liberty also waned, and despite Donna's best efforts to serve alongside the Freedom League as little more than a mere mortal, she ultimately retired from heroics

Since then, however, Donna became one of the great mysteries of the World of Freedom, as not long after her retirement, she vanished, and even her closest friends have difficulty remembering her in anything greater than broad strokes

Re: 2157

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post

Lady Liberty

Since then, however, Donna became one of the great mysteries of the World of Freedom, as not long after her retirement, she vanished, and even her closest friends have difficulty remembering her in anything greater than broad strokes
    I wonder if there was an explanation given for why she started to fade from memory. If it happened to a character in media, I would guess that the writers were trying to retcon her out.

I also always found it interesting that while Lady Liberty has the power to nullify bindings, she herself loses powers when bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysariel View Post
    I wonder if there was an explanation given for why she started to fade from memory. If it happened to a character in media, I would guess that the writers were trying to retcon her out.

I also always found it interesting that while Lady Liberty has the power to nullify bindings, she herself loses powers when bound.
    Well she is a Wonder Woman expy and that is a weakness of GA Wonder Woman.

further checking of FC books suggests I may be misremembering. Donna's power loss and fate is presented in the FC books as a mystery, but there isn't actually anything about people forgetting she existed. like a number of other setting details that aren't actually true, I think the 'donna mason was in-universe retconned out' had its start in one of Davies' setting threads back on the old ATT

Personally, I'd interpret it this way: Once she realizes she's bound (includes grappled) or imprisoned, Lady Liberty gets one chance to break free within one round. If she succeeds, everything's fine, if not - power loss. So when she's locked in, she can try to kick down the door, and she'll not lose her powers till said door withstands her superstrength for more than 1 round.