Page 442 of 442 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 4420

Thread: Kreuz Control: Lady Banshee, Nightwalker, Revenant, Death, Taxes, Batzilla, Avro Arrow

Re: Kreuz Control: Count Bathroy, Lady Anaka, Dead Man's Hand, Lady Banshee, Nightwalker

and that wraps Noir, with two particular exceptions. Stilietto, who didn't get a picture, and Silver Knight, whom's best served by taking the writeup for detective bullock from DC Adventures Universe and maxing his ranks in luck

Keeper of Secrets

Re: Kreuz Control: Lady Anaka, Dead Man's Hand, Lady Banshee, Nightwalker, Revenant

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post
    a girl with dreams of stardomMaeve O'Rourke was chosen for a far different destiny when her family charm bestowed upon her the powers of the banshee, tasked with bringing peace to the cries of the unjustly dead. and so to save her sanity, Maeve is not a nightclub singer turned Sherlock holmes, tasked with finding scot free killers so that the Banshee may carry out her terrible judgement
    Normally I think I don't bother telling you about your typos, but this one is too tricky to ignore.

Re: Kreuz Control: Lady Anaka, Dead Man's Hand, Lady Banshee, Nightwalker, Revenant

Quote Originally Posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
    Normally I think I don't bother telling you about your typos, but this one is too tricky to ignore.
    fixed, thank you

Death

PL 6 (90)

Abilities (16)
    STR 6 AGI 6 FIT 6 AWA 0
    STA 6 DEX 0 INT 0 PRE 0

Powers (36)
    better, stronger, faster: Enhanced STR +4, enhanced STA +4, Enhanced AGI +4, Enhanced FIT +4 (32)
    swift: Speed +2, leaping +2 (4)

Advantages (8)
    agile feint, evasion, improved initiative, move-by action, startle, takedown 2, uncanny dodge

Skills (24/48)
    acrobatics +10
    athletics +10
    Insight +6
    intimidation +6
    perception +6
    stealth +10

Defenses (6)
    TOU +6 DODGE +6 FORT +6 PARRY +6 WILL +6

complications
    motivation - War of The Powers: Death is a delusional serial killer who believes all paranormals are involved in a secret, apocalyptic conflict
    only two things in life: Death is madly in love with Taxes
    rule of the open circle: Death will easily fall for attempts to play into his delusion
    there can be only one: Death believes killing other paranormals gives him their power

Total
    abilities 16 + powers 36 + advantages 8 + skills 24/48 + defenses 6 = 90

half of a pair of super-powered serial killers from &M annual 1, Rick Davis is a sociopath lost in a world of delusions based on the movie Highlander, where all superhumans are locked in a series of secret duels to the death, and in the end, the last remaining male and female supers will mate and give birth to a new race. And so with his partner,m Death kills the weak and latent powered, believing their deaths will empower him to take on the big leagues on day

Taxes

PL 6 (90)

Abilities (20)
    STR 0 AGI 4 FIT 2 AWA 2
    STA 0 DEX 0 INT 0 PRE 2

Powers (40)
    audit: senses +2 (ranged detect powers) (2)
    drain: weaken +6 (powers, will resists, extras: Broad +1, simultaneous +1) (18)
    tax benefits: Variable +4 (stolen powers, flaw: limited-must drain powers before mimicking -1, limited-tainted mimicry -1) (20)

Advantages (2)
    fascinate (deception), move-by action

Skills (16/32)
    close combat: unarmed +4
    deception +8
    insight +6
    perception +6
    stealth +8

Defenses (12)
    TOU +0 DODGE +4 FORT +6 PARRY +4 WILL +6

complications
    motivation - power: Taxes hunts and kills other superbeings in the hopes to keeping her stolen powers
    only two things in life: Taxes loves Death, as much as she is capable of love

Total
    abilities 20 + powers 40 + advantages 2 + skills 16/32 + defenses 12 = 90

the brains of the pair alongside Death, Dana "Taxes" Cortez is obsessed with keeping the powers she steals. as such, the pair's MO changes as Taxes latches onto new means to fuel her obsession

Keeper of Secrets

Re: 2114

half of a pair of super-powered serial killers from &M annual 1....
    They might also have appeared in Annual 2, as I'm not sure if I ever saw 1, yet I know who they are.

Re: 2108

Count Bathroy
    I think my perception of the genre is skewed, because a lot of the noir handbook characters actually don't feel that reminiscent of film noir to me. Maybe it's the supernatural bent many of them have, like the Count.

This reminds me of one of the first play-by-post games I ever played in, something set in a film noir/cyberpunk cross that ended up somewhere between Snow Crash and Blade Runner. One day I need to return to that world of dark streets and bright dreams again and run a game in it.

Re: 2108

Quote Originally Posted by Ysariel View Post
    I think my perception of the genre is skewed, because a lot of the noir handbook characters actually don't feel that reminiscent of film noir to me. Maybe it's the supernatural bent many of them have, like the Count.
    You can mix noir stylings with magic -- Bloodshadows did so rather well, as do the Garrett P.I. stories that inspired it -- but these in particular aren't really effective mixes, no.
    Check out my new super hero/science fiction novel, Unbelievable: A Tale of the Exotica Chronicles.

Batzilla

PL 10 (150)

Abilities (36)
    STR 12 AGI 6 FIT 6 AWA 2
    STA 12 DEX 0 INT 4 PRE 0

Powers (61)
    Bat-omic breath: Damage +10 (extra: range +1) (20)
    bat-kaiju: Growth +12 (extras: continuous +1, innate, flaw: permanent -1), protection +2 (extra: impervious 14) (41)

Advantages (4)
    fearless, improved initiative, move-by action, well-informed

Skills (31/62)
    close combat: unarmed +2
    expertise: current events +8
    expertise: streetwise +8
    insight +8
    intimidation +10
    investigation +8
    perception +8
    ranged combat: Bat-omic fire breath +10

Defenses (18)
    TOU +14 DODGE +6 FORT +12 PARRY +6 WILL +8

complications
    motivation - dark knight: Batzilla is not the hero we need, but the hero we deserve
    oh damn, there goes gotham: Batzilla tends to leave a trail of destruction in his wake

Total
    abilities 36 + powers 61 + advantages 4 + skills 31/62 + defenses 18 = 150

a 60 foot tall monster turned grim avenger of the night, Batzilla may not be the hero we need, but he is the hero we deserve
    Last edited by Kreuzritter; Today at 08:29 AM.

Avro Arrow

PL 10 (150)

Abilities (32)
    STR 0 AGI 4 FIT 4 AWA 2
    STA 2 DEX 0 INT 2 PRE 2

Powers (64)
    Avro Arrow battlesuit: (flaw: removable) (64)
    - comm system: communication +2 (radio, extras: area +1, selective +1) [10
    - force field reinforced body armor: Protection +8 (extra: impervious 10) [18]
    - gravimetric beam: Damage +10 (extra: range +1) [20]
    - gravimetric force aura: Enhanced STR 6 (flaw: lifting only -1) [6]
    - rocket pack: Flight +9 [18]
    - sensor suite: senses +6 (extended accurate radio, darkvision, direction sense, distance sense) [8]

Advantages (3)
    improvised tools, language (french), move-by action

Skills (23/46)
    expertise: engineer +8
    insight +6
    perception +6
    ranged combat: force beams +12
    persuasion +6
    technology +8

Defenses (28)
    TOU +10/2 DODGE +10 FORT +8 PARRY +10 WILL +12

complications
    missing time: Avro Arrow was trapped in Faerie for years, leaving her life in ruins
    motivation - idealism: Avro Arrow wants to make the world a better place
    outdated: Avro Arrow's superiors disapprove of her refusal to kill and belief in human/meta equality
    sterling silver: Avro Arrow is a silver age heroine in a postmodern world

Total
    abilities 32 + powers 64 + advantages 3 + skills 23/46 + defenses 28 = 150

from Halt Evil Doer!, Katherine "Kitty" Richardson was a heroine and decorated Canadian super-agent, until when during a mission she was sucked into the Faerie realm of Otherworld. While to her, Avro was only there for moments, over a decade passed back on earth by the time she returned, to a world where the iron age of heroics came and went in a bloody swathe, leaving heroes like her feared and mistrusted, while her own life lay in ruins from being presumed dead. Avro's idealism and determination were put to the ultimate test as she had to not only rebuild her life, but the organization and reputation of her old team, Hero Force One