Page 345 of 345 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345
Results 3,441 to 3,448 of 3448

Thread: Kreuz Control: Hyena, Necrosaur, Icon, Impulse, Terminator, Heracles, Robocop (build 1600!)

Re: Kreuz Control: Massive Girl, Vorlick template, Weapon XI, Hyena, Necrosaur, Icon

Quote Originally Posted by rtrimmer View Post
    Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I liked the Blob (my favorite version of him by far) and Wade (awesome sword-fu) in the early part of the movie. Pretty bad otherwise.
    I honestly think the first half hour or so is pretty good. I like the brotherly relationship it went for with Logan and Sabertooth.* The next hour is... okay? It's not horrible, but not good. It's that third act though that completely ruins the movie.

*And it's weird, this was obviously following on the Origins comic. But Marvel later made Dog his own character. When he showed up in Aaron's Wolverine and the X-men, a friend asked me who Dog was. I responded: "I have no idea, cause Origins pretty obviously implied he was Sabertooth."

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I've got to say, I was really happy when DC folded some of the Milestone heroes into the mainstream DCU. Icon, Rocket, Static and Hardware all seemed like really good fits for the setting, adding some actual diversity to the setting with established heroes. Of the Milestone books, those four heroes were my favorite, with Hardware undergoing his own character growth as an extreme, 90's anti-hero slowly becoming a proper hero, Static was a well done take on the Spider-Man formula, and Icon & Rocket did an excellent job of really showcasing issues the black community faces, and did a good job of showcasing both sides well (neither Rocket nor Icon was shown to be in the right 100% of the time). It's a shame more work wasn't done to really incorporate them into the DCU proper.
    Yeah. If the New 52 had been planned well that would have been a great place to do it. Like how Earth 2, the Charleston Characters and Captain Marvel were folded into the main DCU after Crisis.

Granted, while Icon needs a bit more work than the others due to him taking up so much of the same tropes as Superman, I feel that Static and Hardware can pretty easily just exist and show up in places without any real work. They just need people willing to write them into books. There is no good reason Static has not been a mainstay of the Teen Titans for the last seven years.

Re: Kreuz Control: Massive Girl, Vorlick template, Weapon XI, Hyena, Necrosaur, Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    Yeah. If the New 52 had been planned well that would have been a great place to do it. Like how Earth 2, the Charleston Characters and Captain Marvel were folded into the main DCU after Crisis.

Granted, while Icon needs a bit more work than the others due to him taking up so much of the same tropes as Superman, I feel that Static and Hardware can pretty easily just exist and show up in places without any real work. They just need people willing to write them into books. There is no good reason Static has not been a mainstay of the Teen Titans for the last seven years.
    I solved this in my Megaverse/Multiverse: The Animated Series setting by combining Icon with some info Dwayne had revealed about DMZ, the most mysterious member of the Blood Syndicate who wore the outfit of alien law enforcement, never spoke, and had Icon-like powers, minus the energy blasts.

Dwayne McDuffie explained DMZs origin as follows :

DMZ is a human who teamed up with a member of the Damsi police force when she chased a criminal to Earth. He was severely wounded saving her life, so she used her technology to optimize him, unlocking his full human potential. She left the Earth to chase the villain as he healed, promising to return for him. Was she just trying to avoid an ugly break-up when she made the promise? Has she been killed chasing the criminal?

DMZ got his name from a mis-heard Damsi.

Though it has yet to be directly depicted in the comics, this origin was heavily alluded to. In addition to DMZs uniform and his behavior noted above, Demon Foxs demoralizing spritual attack on DMZ forced him to confront his fear that SHEs never coming back.
    In the re-worked origin, Icon would have been an American born slave who would have been a teenager when the Civil War occurred, too young to fight but old enough to understand the ramifications of the life he had and the freedom he was given as a result of said war. I would have based Icon's life loosely off of Bass Reeves, with Icon initially wanting to study law but going into law enforcement when that proved impossible. Icon would then have the encounter with this alien in a Jonah Hex style Weird Wild West adventure where he helps out an alien, gets injured and has his meta-gene activated when the alien uses her advanced technology to heal him.

In this version he'd actually help her apprehend the alien and, on seeing the racism Icon still had to deal with, would invite him to come with her. He'd spend about 50 years in space, learning and maturing as an individual, falling in love with the D'amsi officer and marrying her, only for her to die at some point (age, injury, illness, etc.) Icon would return to Earth in the late 40's/early 50's, after World War II had ended and the McCarthy/HUAC scandals had made most JSA members to retire before getting sucked into Asgard. As such, Icon was in a world without superheroes during the early days of the Civil Rights movement, got to see that movement through, and took the time to enter law the way he always wanted, now that he had the freedom to do so. His story would then continue on in a similar manner to the comics until Rocket breaks into his house and the rest is history.

This would incorporate some ideas of Dwayne's that never got to see print, explain Icon's absence from major superhero events, keep a lot of his backstory and his occasionally "alien" outlook on life, but at the same time have a powerful and intelligent black hero who isn't an alien, but who still lived during slavery, so he can actually speak candidly about it, both to decry legitimate white supremacists/racists ("I've seen your kind before. It's sad that some dying things still cling to life nearly 200 years later.") and the people who blame all of their problems on slavery ("I had a friend, Booker T. Washington, who talked about people like yourself.").

Re: 1593

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    A couple of things.

#1: fmab?
    spell it backwards

#2: Do you consider the bullet deflecting Wade did early on to simply be a stunt or flavor text for his high Parry/Dodge scores, or did he lose the deflection/reflection/redirection power due to the Weapon XI process?
    yes.

and sorry for the delay folks, I caught a particularly nasty case of the front page/SNR bug on Monday, and am currently posting a from a library computer.

as such, I missed my planned window for announcing my next ongoing project. will explain more after build 1600

Impulse

PL 8 (120)

Abilities (36)
    STR 0 AGI 4 FIT 4 AWA 2
    STA 4 DEX 0 INT 2 PRE 2

Powers (49)
    speed tricks: (12)
    - cannonball run: damage +8 (extra: line area +1, flaw: Impulse and targets must be on same surface -1) [8]
    - speed blitz: Damage +4 (extra: multiattack +1, takedown 2) [10]
    - whirlwind: move object +8 (extra: line area +1, flaws: limited-only away/towards -1, range -1) [8]
    fast defense: enhanced dodge +8, enhanced parry +8 (17)
    - vibration escape: insubstantial +3 [15]
    fastest teen alive: enhanced advantages +3 (improved initiative 2, seize initiative), movement +2 (wall-crawling, water walking, flaw: limited-only while running -1), quickness +6 (flaw: limited-physical actions -1), Speed +12 (20)

Advantages (7)
    agile feint, evasion, improved initiative, move by action, set-up, taunt, uncanny dodge

Skills (18/36)
    athletics +4
    close combat: speed blitz +8
    deception +6
    insight +6
    perception +6
    technology +6

Defenses (10)
    TOU +4 DODGE +12 FORT +6 PARRY +12 WILL +10

complications
    chill-hang: Impulse looks out for his new best friend, Blue Beetle
    motivation - Crash The Mode: Impulse is has come from the future to prevent the Reach's conquest/destruction of Earth
    everything's crash: Impulse wants everyone to think he's just a hyperactive do-gooder tourist from the future, and not why he really came back
    secret identity: no one knows that Impulse is Bart Allen, Flash's grandson from the Future

Total
    abilities 36 + powers 49 + advantages 7 + skills 18/36 + defenses 10 = 120

appearing in season 2 of Young Justice, Impulse is Bart Allen, grandson of the Flash who claims to have just traveled back in time on a whim and didn't realize his time machine was one-way until his arrival. In reality, the future Impulse hails from is a bleak, post-apocalyptic dying Earth, and his ongoing mission is to keep that future from coming to pass.

Terminator

PL 7 (105)

Abilities (18)
    STR 6 AGI 4 FIT 4 AWA 0
    STA n/a DEX 0 INT 0 PRE 0

Powers (61)
    Cyberdyne systems model 101: Immunity +40 (fort, mental effects), protection +10 (extra: impervious +1) (60)
    doesn't feel pain, or pity, remorse or fear: immunity +5 (interaction effects) (5)
    voice synthesizer: feature +1 (mimic any voice) (1)

Advantages (6)
    equipment 4, improved initiative, move-by action

Skills (14/28)
    expertise: terminator +6
    insight +6
    perception +6
    ranged combat: guns +6
    technology +4

Defenses (6)
    TOU +10 DODGE +4 FORT n/a PARRY +4 WILL +6

equipment
    arsenal [18]
    - AR-18: Damage +5 (extras: range +1, multiattack) {15}
    - 12 gauge autoloader: Damage +6 (extra: range +1) {12}
    - .45 long-slide with laser sighting: Damage +4 (extras: accurate, range +1) {9}
    - uzi 9mm: Damage +4 (extras: multiattack +1, range +1) {12}

complications
    got a dead cat in there: once damaged severely enough, the Terminator's fleshy exterior will begin to rot
    just him and me: the resistance has sent an operative to stop the Terminator
    motivation - Targetted for Termination: the Terminator absolutely will not stop, ever, until Sarah Connor is dead
    Phone book killer: The Terminator's methods result in half the LAPD looking for it
    smells wrong: Dogs and other animals react strongly to the Terminator's presence

Total
    abilities 18 + powers 61 + advantages 6 + skills 14/28 + defenses 6 = 105

the titular mechanical monster from the 1984 horror movie, the Terminator is a robotic assassin disguised in artificial flesh as a human, sent back in time to kill perfectly ordinary waitress Sarah Connor, because she will give birth to John Connor, leader of the future war's human resistance against the robot armies of the Terminator's master, the rogue AI known as Skynet

Heracles

PL 12 (180)

Abilities (100)
    STR 16 AGI 4 FIT 8 AWA 2
    STA 16 DEX 0 INT 0 PRE 4

Powers (33)
    bow of Heracles: Damage +12 (extras: range +1, secondary effect +1, flaw: easily removable) (22)
    greek god: immunity +11 (age, life support) (11)

Advantages (13)
    chokehold, fast grab, fearless, improved grab, improved hold, improved aim, improved initiative, language

(english, ancient greek native), move-by action, precise attack 2 (ranged cover/concealment), takedown 2

Skills (24/48)
    athletics +6
    insight +6
    intimidation +8
    perception +8
    persuasion +8
    ranged combat: archery +12

Defenses (10)
    TOU +16 DODGE +8 FORT +16 PARRY +8 WILL +8

complications
    amends: Heracles has unwittingly sired some children in the modern age, and tries to repay the debts he owes them and their mothers
    empty throne: Heracles is periodically called back to Olympus to fulfill the godly duties he's ignored
    game of the gods: Heracles is often caught up in the machinations of his pantheon
    good times: Heracles likes a good drink, good company and a good fight, not always in that order
    killing game: Heracles opposes the plots of his wicked half brother, Ares, the God of War
    motivation - legend reborn: Heracles feels alive again in this new age of heroes, protecting humanity from new evils
    rage of the gods: while the centuries have mostly tamed it, Heracles still has his monstrous temper
    wicked stepmother: Hera, the queen of Olympus can no longer act directly against Heracles, but she still finds ways to make his life hell

Total
    abilities 100 + powers 33 + advantages 13 + skills 24/48 + defenses 10 = 180

the legendary hero of Greek mythology, Heracles descended from Olympus years ago to take part in this new age of heroes, as regular 'vacations' from his duties on Olympus. Of late, Heracles has decided to stick around in Emerald City, having found a worthy foes in its numerous villains and monsters, and to also keep a sometime eye on Alison Montgomery, one of his illegitimate daughters, as a favor to her mortal parents

Robocop

PL 8 (120)

Abilities (18)
    STR 6 AGI 2 FIT 4 AWA 2
    STA n/a DEX 0 INT 0 PRE 0

Powers (65)
    Auto-9 sidearm: Damage +6 (extra: range +1, features: restricted 2 [Robocop], flaw: easily removable) (10)
    dataspike: feature +1 (access computer terminals) [1]
    Part man, part machine: Immunity +30 (fort), protection +12 (extra: impervious +1) (54)

Advantages (5)
    eidetic memory, improved initiative, move-by action, precise attack 2 (ranged cover/concealment)

Skills (24/48)
    expertise: police officer +6
    insight +6
    intimidation +6
    investigation +4
    perception +6
    ranged combat: guns +10
    technology +4
    vehicles +6

Defenses (8)
    TOU +12 DODGE +4 FORT n/a PARRY +4 WILL +8

complications
    Directive 4: any attempt to arrest a senior OCP employee will cause Robocop to temporarily shut down
    flashback: Robocop suffers periodic flashbacks to his gruesome death and other strong memories
    motivation- prime directives: Serve the public trust. Protect the innocent. Uphold the law.
    Omni-Consumer Products: this monolithic megacorp not only owns Robocop, but a number of their projects become his problems
    service engine soon: Robocop's systems require regular maintenance and long recharge periods
    tastes like baby food: Robocop's organic components require him to periodically ingest a nutrient paste. baby food will do in a pinch.
    what's your name, son?: officer Alex J. Murphy lost everything in the process of becoming Robocop

Total
    abilities 18 + powers 65 + advantages 5 + skills 24/48 + defenses 8 = 120

modern cinema's other famous headlining cyborg, Robocop is Alex J. Murphy, a Detroit police officer brutally gunned down in the line of duty, and rebuilt by the OCP corporation as Robocop, the supposed 'future of law enforcement'.

Re: Kreuz Control: Hyena, Necrosaur, Icon, Impulse, Terminator, Heracles, Robocop (build 1600!)

all right. that's 1600 out of the way, and in the event my home compy still gets the SNR bug, the next ongoing project is...VIPER

back during my work on PSI, someone was kind enough to get me a copy of the 4th Ed VIPER sourcebook, so i'll be working through that.

I would have announced this Monday or yesterday, as August 22nd or "Green Monday" was the day VIPER announced itself to the world in Champions lore. big showing too, complete with the Supreme Serpent hijacking the thread

but, between Paragons and Omlevex, this is probably for the best that i wasn't able to start in one go. so, VIPER will be an ongoing project, likely broken up by the book's squad layouts, so that i can dedicate interest to any other project that catches my eye, and thus avoid VIPER-induced burnout