Page 387 of 387 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387
Results 3,861 to 3,868 of 3868

Thread: Kreuz Control: Blackblade, Crimebuster, Craesus, Bulma, Captain Amazing, Steelhawk, Dr. Funk

Steelhawk

PL 10 (150)

Abilities (52)
    STR 12 AGI 4 FIT 4 AWA 2
    STA 12 DEX 0 INT 2 PRE 2

Powers (60)
    cybersenses: senses +10 (extended vision 2, infravision, accurate radio, vision penetrates concealment) (10)
    cybernetic reconstruction: Enhanced STR +6, Enhanced STA +6, Immunity +10 (life support) (34)
    gravitic engine: Flight +8 (16)

Advantages (4)
    improved initiative, move-by action, skill mastery 2 (EMT, treatment)

Skills (20/40)
    close combat: unarmed +4
    expertise: EMT +6
    insight +6
    investigation +6
    perception +6
    persuasion +6
    treatment +6

Defenses (14)
    TOU +12 DODGE +8 FORT +12 PARRY +8 WILL +8

complications
    I swear by Apollo physician: an a former EMT, Steelhawk tries to hold to her hippocratic oath, and seeks a peaceful resolution when she can
    motivation - Doing good: Steelhawk has dedicated herself to helping others
    partly metal, partly real: Steelhawk is an obvious cyborg

Total
    abilities 52 + powers 60 + advantages 4 + skills 20/40 + defenses 14 = 150

Phoenix Bay EMT Maggie Hart was coming off shift and driving home when she and her car were struck by an alien vehicle making a sudden landing. Aghast at running down a native life form, the aliens used their hypertechnlogy to rebuild Maggie's body, then booked it back into the stars before their stunt caught any legal attention. Unfortunately for Maggie, their understanding of humanity was sorely lacking, her body rebuilt as an obvious cyborg with avian features. but before Maggie could succumb to cyberpsychosis, he new senses picked up that in their haste to flee earth, those samealien teenagers had clipped and apartment buildings upper floors, setting it on fire. without thinking, Maggie flew to the scene and rescued everyone from those upper floors, making her start as the adamantine aviatrix, Steelhawk

Sadly, Steelhawk was among those heroes who gave their lives during the Armada invasion. worse, there are ghoulish rumors that her cybernetic remains were exhumed for ongoing study and experimentation

Keeper of Secrets

Re: Kreuz Control: Chicken Man, Centuria, Blackblade, Crimebuster, Craesus, Bulma, Captain Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    The way I've heard it described was "Fun film, but its no Avengers". Which it couldn't be, with how rushed the DCEU is. Still, it sounds like its the second best film after Wonder Woman.
    That is damning with very faint praise.

Re: Kreuz Control: Centuria, Blackblade, Crimebuster, Craesus, Bulma, Captain Amazing, Steelhawk

I rather liked Wonder Woman, as it was the only DCEU film that felt roughly on par with your "average" MCU film. Then again, the "average" MCU film for me is everything above Iron Man 3 (the only MCU film I hated and consider on par with some other DCEU films) but also below the Capt. America trilogy and Avengers 1 (all four of which I consider exceptional even by MCU standards). I'll be seeing the film soon myself, so fingers crossed for if.

Re: Kreuz Control: Chicken Man, Centuria, Blackblade, Crimebuster, Craesus, Bulma, Captain Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
    That is damning with very faint praise.
    yeah, but JL thankfully lands much closer to Wonder Woman than DC's previous efforts, and I again say this as one of those people who actually enjoyed Suicide Squad. If I had to make a quality comparison, I'd say it's about as good as your average marvel movie, and they've definitely addressed some of the complaints from MoS and BVS.

Dr. Funk

PL 8 (120)

Abilities (44)
    STR 2 AGI 4 FIT 4 AWA 2
    STA 4 DEX 0 INT 2 PRE 4

Powers (24)
    funkotronic megaphone: array (flaw: removable) (20)
    - ghetto blaster: Damage +8 (dazed/stun/incapacitate, fort resists, extras: cumulative +1, range +2, flaw: sense dependent -1) [24]
    - Go-Go ray: Affliction +8 (Entranced/compelled/controlled, extras: cumulative +1, cone area +2, flaw: sense dependent -1) [24]
    power-skates: Speed +5 (flaw: removable) (4)

Advantages (6)
    def roll 2, improved initiative, inventor, move-by action, taunt

Skills (24/48)
    deception +6
    expertise: physical science +8
    expertise: music +8
    insight +6
    perception +6
    persuasion +8
    technology +6

Defenses (22)
    TOU +6/4 DODGE +10 FORT +6 PARRY +10 WILL +10

complications
    Black Lives Matter: Dr. Funk is a loud voice in the Phoenix Bay civil rights movement
    motivation - Soul man: Dr. Funk is trying to improve Phoenix Bay's inner city by heroics and example
    saturday night fever: No one suspects that Dr. Funk is secretly Jeff Lucas, inner city science teacher

Total
    abilities 44 + powers 24 + advantages 6 + skills 24/48 + defenses 22 = 120

An iconoclastic hero from Phoenix Bay during the 197's, Jeff Lucas was an inner city schoolteacher working on the science of sound in his spare time. but, one fateful Halloween, Jeff wound up using his device to thwart a shootout between gangs. Terrified by the experience, Jeff was prepared to hang up his wig and leave heroics to the professionals, if not for the Bell Riots. Donning his costume once more, Jeff, accepting his press-given moniker of Dr. Funk, waded into the worst of it at first to keep people from getting killed, but as the night wore on, to quell the violence itself in his neighborhood, to give cooler heads a chance to prevail even as the rest of the inner city tried to tear itself apart. From that night on, Dr. Funk was a hero of the people, encouraging peace through his words, music and teaching about science.

Jeff has long since retired from active superheroics, since focussing himself on more mundane heroism, such as being a prominent voice in local politics as a city councilman
    Last edited by Kreuzritter; Today at 04:59 AM.

Re: 1833

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post
    Captain Amazing
    from 1999's Mystery Men, Captain Amazing is the #1 hero of Champion City, whose heroics have made him a star and celebrity at the head of a massive celebrity sponsorship empire. But, the good captain has been too amazing, having successfully run out all the major villains and all but completely broken up the major themed gangs, reduced to such d-list fares as stopping Red Eye from robbing a nursing home. this slump is making him old news, and his sponsors are abandoning him.
    While I get that the point of this trope is to make a point about how heroes need villains to fight to be heroic, I always thought it also proves the captain is a terrible celebrity. There are plenty of ways you can remain relevant and even genuinely heroic with honest to god superpowers: disaster relief, public works, space exploration, contributing to science or any number of charitable causes, etc. I mean, real celebrities maintain massive corporate endorsement empires despite being completely useless.

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Ysariel View Post
    While I get that the point of this trope is to make a point about how heroes need villains to fight to be heroic, I always thought it also proves the captain is a terrible celebrity.
    I'm fairly certain the point is that Captain Amazing is a terrible celebrity/hero. And just basically making fun of the whole Revolving Door thing with villains.

Quote Originally Posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
    I'm fairly certain the point is that Captain Amazing is a terrible celebrity/hero. And just basically making fun of the whole Revolving Door thing with villains.
    and in an oddly prescient way, that Supervillains usually wind up dead at the end of superhero movies