Thread: Opinion on a power build.

Opinion on a power build.

So I have been working on a scarlet witch inspired build and I wanted to represent the random aspect of her earlier powers and I came up with this:

Power of chaos: array (39 points)

• Hexes Sphere: Perception ranged affliction 8, variable conditions, variable descriptors 2 (reality warping), (Quirk -3, conditions and descriptors are random unless the effect is distracting)
    • Ap:Hexes Sphere: Perception range damage 10, Penetrating 5, indirect 4, variable descriptor 2 (reality warping), (Quirk -2, descriptor is random unless the effect is distracting)

For the first power, I'm not sure if a quirk is enough or if it would count as a full -1/rank limit (a variant of uncontrollable?)

For the second I'm not even sure it should be a quirk at all.

So I'd like your opinions.

Re: Opinion on a power build.

Quote Originally Posted by Berior View Post
    So I have been working on a scarlet witch inspired build and I wanted to represent the random aspect of her earlier powers and I came up with this:

Power of chaos: array (39 points)

• Hexes Sphere: Perception ranged affliction 8, variable conditions, variable descriptors 2 (reality warping), (Quirk -3, conditions and descriptors are random unless the effect is distracting)
    • Ap:Hexes Sphere: Perception range damage 10, Penetrating 5, indirect 4, variable descriptor 2 (reality warping), (Quirk -2, descriptor is random unless the effect is distracting)

For the first power, I'm not sure if a quirk is enough or if it would count as a full -1/rank limit (a variant of uncontrollable?)

For the second I'm not even sure it should be a quirk at all.

So I'd like your opinions.
    Purely based on math, Sphere 1 could be written as two separate array slots with different flaws (Distracting or Uncontrolled), so it's basically the full -1 Flaw cost +1p for the alternate. I'd been thinking of using something like this for powers with more than one Area setting as a form of nested array.

For Sphere 2 the only real difference I can see between the two possible outcomes is in corner cases where the target is more vulnerable to a particular descriptor so it matters which it is. Figure -1p Quirk for Uncontrolled Descriptor, +1p Feature for a Distracting version that overcomes the random, net zero change. Maybe a Complication when the damage is resisted due to Descriptor?
    My old Atomic Think Tank thread
    My current character thread: The Sound of my Eyebeams

I will build characters in HeroLab for you! Send me your finished design or even your original concept!