Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about Spell Shield

Keeper of Secrets

Re: Questions about Spell Shield

Also, as an FYI, discussing RAW in a vaguely worded document will be purely semantic, and is going to rely on connotation as much as denotation.

Keeper of Secrets

The document sometimes is vaguely worded.
    Not here, though.

Still, let's stop at that, I don't really feel like discussing this over and over again with someone in denial over trivial stuff like this. If you insist on claiming that if a spell has an explicit target it doesn't mean that it targets said target... whatever.
    I have better things to do with my time than trying to convince someone over the Internet that if a spell specifically refers to something as "target", twice, then there's really no vagueness as to what the spell's target is and no amount of mental gymnastics or shrugging one's shoulders is going to change that.

Keeper of Secrets

You have better things to do than what you proceed to do the next two paragraphs doing? Lol.

And again, it entirely depends on how you prioritize: Does the Spell Shield block Dispel before/after Dispel neutralizes spell effects?

Keeper of Secrets

Also, before you spend too much time describing what you're not going to do, remember I'm not saying that a particular interpretation is correct. I'm saying that you cannot definitively say what is RAW.