Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Force Shield Belt

Keeper of Secrets Jedi Consular's Avatar

Re: Force Shield Belt

I've been going through the archetypes to both add flavor and provide detail for players not familiar with the game and while doing so I came across this thread because I was also a bit confounded. I had decided to skip it for now but when I was proofreading my description of the force shield belt I did a double take on the fact that force field effect is noticeable by default which inspired me to add the last paragraph:

"You possess a high-tech, futuristic or super-scientific shield generator which allows you to surround yourself with a protective screen (similar to the Force Field power) and which grants you a +10 bonus to Toughness and immunity to any effect with a Damage rank of 5 or less. You can raise or lower the shield as a free action.

The force screen produced by your shield belt is noticeable and produces a visual distortion (or some other display) as well as a distinctive sound while it is active.

Your shield belt features controls which allow fine-tuning of the force screen it produces. This means you could potentially alter the visual or auditory side effects produced by the force screen to convey simple messages such as a warning or request for aid."
    My M&M conversions blog
    http://kanestarkillerd20.blogspot.com/

My Star Wars M&M setting blog
    http://starwarsmandm3e.blogspot.com/

I would agree with you that that's a valid use of Precise, although I probably wouldn't allow anything more than the sort of signaling you could do with a flashlight or lantern, so no flashing text across the span, but maybe dimming it to indicate that the witness is deluded or signaling using Morse Code.

Keeper of Secrets

1 point is enough to buy an Illusion power sufficient to fill 2 cubic feet with any visible effect at all (albeit obviously unreal), so the 1 point of Precise should be plenty to make almost any visual effect desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwand View Post
    1 point is enough to buy an Illusion power sufficient to fill 2 cubic feet with any visible effect at all (albeit obviously unreal), so the 1 point of Precise should be plenty to make almost any visual effect desired.
    Eh, but it covers other things too, so I wouldn't put it too far. But, as always, it's up to the GM.