Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is still here?

Re: Who is still here?

I`m here, and split as well.

Regardless of location, its a pleasure to "know" you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by ciryon03 View Post
    I am still here, the only french fan of M&M of this forum ^^
    Ou pas.

Quote Originally Posted by ciryon03 View Post
    I am still here, the only french fan of M&M of this forum ^^
    Pas trop sur, mon ami... Attends, tu-as dit francais... Je suis du Quebec. Ca compte a peine.

I'm French-Canadian (originally, considered Anglophone these days...) But since you did specify french fan, I guess I barely count...

Pas trop sūr
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

UN Basic Recipient

I've always been a lurker and I am not certain I even have a right to know what happened to cause an exodus from the board, but... what happened?

--GMCiaramella

Quote Originally Posted by GMCiaramella View Post
    I've always been a lurker and I am not certain I even have a right to know what happened to cause an exodus from the board, but... what happened?

--GMCiaramella
    Only a few people know all of the details (posts were deleted and altered shortly afterwards), but the short version of it was that someone mentioned a group on the internet with less than stellar social justice qualifications in a way that painted them as less than complete villains. Someone else took offense at that, a mod stepped in and said that nothing more could be said, a post came in right after that (with the timing such that they may not have known that they were being told to say nothing more) and they were banned. An end to the boards was threatened, some people left in solidarity, and others drifted away assuming that the board would be going away.

Honestly, it largely seemed a matter of a few people having a bad day and it all snowballing.
    Last edited by FuzzyBoots; 12-20-2016 at 08:36 AM.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
    Honestly, only a few people know all of the details, but the short version of it was that someone mentioned a group on the internet with less than stellar social justice qualifications in a way that painted them as less than complete villains. Someone else took offense at that, a mod stepped in and said that nothing more could be said, a post came in right after that (with the timing such that they may not have known that they were being told to say nothing more) and they were banned. An end to the boards was threatened, some people left in solidarity, and others drifted away assuming that the board would be going away.

Honestly, it largely seemed a matter of a few people having a bad day and it all snowballing.
    so let me see if i got this down right:somebody tried to play "Devil's Advocate" for the wrong group at the wrong time to the wrong person,somebody else got a bad case of the "political Corect-ness"(i know that's not a real word,but that's what i call it...)and dropped a "Grudge Monkey" post,a Mod came in to try&stop it but apparently someone forgot to check recent postings& got banned for a("Parden my French"-Earl Gummer,Tremors) Fuck-up,THEN(to throw a Grenade into a Bonfire)a good chunk of use ditched in a Hurt Voice....

I miss our good friend Common Sense right now,don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by MacynSnow View Post
    so let me see if i got this down right:somebody tried to play "Devil's Advocate" for the wrong group at the wrong time to the wrong person,somebody else got a bad case of the "political Corect-ness"(i know that's not a real word,but that's what i call it...)and dropped a "Grudge Monkey" post,a Mod came in to try&stop it but apparently someone forgot to check recent postings& got banned for a("Parden my French"-Earl Gummer,Tremors) Fuck-up,THEN(to throw a Grenade into a Bonfire)a good chunk of use ditched in a Hurt Voice....
    If your goal is not to help, you are being successful.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwise View Post
    If your goal is not to help, you are being successful.
    I'm just trying to get this all straight and meant no offense(My attempt at light humor may have been ill-timed...).

OPA Belta

I believe further on-board discussion is not going to be particularly positive.

I was in no way part of the very regrettable incident, but was privy to most of the details. This really was a case of "snowballing" and mostly avoidable errors which resulted in fracturing the community.

There really is little to be gained from saying more in the forums besides stirring matters up.

All my best.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by greycrusader View Post
    I believe further on-board discussion is not going to be particularly positive.

I was in no way part of the very regrettable incident, but was privy to most of the details. This really was a case of "snowballing" and mostly avoidable errors which resulted in fracturing the community.

There really is little to be gained from saying more in the forums besides stirring matters up.

All my best.
    you raise a valid point.so my question is this:Has anyone "Taken stock"(so to speak) of what's left of this ounce great community?

and thank you,that was very nice...