Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DARPG STUFF: Characters, Creatures, Optional Rules, etc. NEW: LORD OF THE RINGS stuff...

Re: DRAGON AGE STUFF: Characters, Creatures, etc. NEW: ZOMBICIDE in AGE! (Suvivors 'n' Zombies)

Zombicide Survivors as Dragon Age Characters (Part 2)

The Heroes… Er, I mean, Survivors
    Please notice this is Part 2 of this series. Come back often to get new stats.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARIANE (Human)
    “So, where is the law now?”
    Class and Level: Rogue 1
    Heroic Progression: Dexterity +2, Cunning +2, Constitution +1, Perception +1, Willpower +1, health +15, four extra focuses, two extra talents
    ---
    Communication*: 1 (Deception); Constitution: 2 (Running); Cunning: 3; Dexterity*: 5 (Bows); Magic: 0; Perception*: 4 (Seeing); Strength: 2 (Jumping); Willpower: 2 (Courage)
    ---
    Talents: Archery Style (N), Scouting (N), Thrown Weapon Style (N)
    Weapon Groups: Bows, Brawling, Light Blades, Staves
    ---
    Speed: 15; Defense: 15; Armor: 3
    Health: 45; Mana: --
    Attack: Crossbow +7 (damage 2d6+5, range 30/60, recharge major), dagger +7 (damage 1d6+3), thrown knife +8 (damage 1d6+2, range 6/12, recharge minor)
    ---
    Equipment: Backpack, traveler's garb, waterskin, crossbow and quiver with 20 arrows, dagger, set of throwing knives, light leather armor.

An orphan of the streets, Ariane grew up tough and agile, always one step ahead of the constables. She joined the Guilds of course, often working for more than one. The one job she took towards the end was the one she wished she could take back. She’d been hired to thieve the keys to the city, meaning the actual master keys held by the mayor alone. Her client, alas, proved to be a necromancer. She escaped his death trap, however, survived the invasion, and now offers her help to anyone willing to stand up to the menace. No one knows about her dirty little secret. … As yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLYNDA BATTLESTOUT (Dwarf)
    “Did you call me a GIRL?”
    Class and Level: Warrior 1
    Heroic Progression: Constitution +2, Strength +2, Cunning +1, Perception +1, Willpower +1, health +15, four extra focuses, two extra talents
    ---
    Communication: 0; Constitution*: 6 (Stamina); Cunning: 1; Dexterity*: 2; Magic: 0; Perception: 2; Strength*: 5 (Axes, Bludgeons, Intimidation, Might); Willpower: 3 (Courage)
    ---
    Dwarf: Speed -2, Magic Resistance
    Stunt Bonuses: Mighty Blow (1 sp when fighting with two-handed weapons)
    Talents: Armor Training (N), Dual Weapon Style (N), Two-Hander Style (M)
    Weapon Groups: Axes, Bows, Bludgeons, Brawling
    ---
    Speed: 8 (10 without armor); Defense: 15; Armor: 5
    Health: 54; Mana: --
    Attack: Two-handed Maul +7 (damage 2d6+8), thrown axe +7 (damage 1d6+7)
    ---
    Equipment: Backpack, traveler's garb, waterskin, two-handed maul, throwing axe, light mail.

Glynda comes from the Battlestout clan, a large family of warriors, and every one of them learned from an early age how to fight. Humans might look down on dwarves – that’s easy to do when you only come up to most humans’ chests – but they don’t look down on her for very long. And nobody calls her «girl» more than once. Glynda has three advantages over the humans fighting the zombies: one, she’s more durable than most of them; two, she has been combat-trained her whole life; and three, the zombies’ mouths are a lot farther away from her.

MORRIGAN (Dark Elf)
    “Dirty fighting, you say? Let me show you about life and death.”
    Class and Level: Rogue 1
    Heroic Progression: Dexterity +2, Strength +2, Cunning +1, Perception +1, Willpower +1, health +15, four extra focuses, two extra talents
    ---
    Communication*: 0; Constitution: 1; Cunning: 2; Dexterity*: 5 (Dueling, Light Blades, Initiative); Magic: 2; Perception*: 3 (Seeing); Strength: 4 (Intimidation); Willpower: 2 (Courage)
    ---
    Elf: Speed +2
    Specialization: Duelist (N)
    Talents: Contacts (N), Dual Weapon Style (N)
    Weapon Groups: Bows, Brawling, Dueling, Light Blades, Staves
    ---
    Speed: 17; Defense: 15 (16 when dual wielding); Armor: 3
    Health: 45; Mana: --
    Attack: Rapier +8 (damage 1d6+7, dual wielding), Main Gauche +8 (damage 1d6+5, dual wielding)
    ---
    Equipment: Backpack, traveler's garb, waterskin, rapier, main gauche, (goalie) mask, light leather armor.

As a bodyguard to the dark elf ambassador to Wolfsburg, Morrigan knew all about paranoia. Her people are regarded with suspicion at the best of times, and the threat of assassination haunted her every step. Alas, the ambassador chose to stand and fight the zombie horde. Morrigan alone survived. Now, far from home, and suffering from the loss of honor that died with the ambassador, Morrigan begins her new life, where her fellow survivors have learned to see past their prejudices and appreciate the advice and sword arm this skilled veteran offers.

(Goalie) Mask
    This combat mask grants a +4 armor bonus to a survivor against one attack of the survivor's choice. It breaks afterwards.

Re: DRAGON AGE STUFF: Characters, Creatures, etc. NEW: ZOMBICIDE in AGE! (Suvivors 'n' Zombies) (Par

Magical Staves for Mages

Inspired both by Kot's and Byron D. Molix's (Mystara AGE) works on magic items, here's a quick update with four magic staves for Dragon Age.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Reason
    This staff was held by several senior conjurers of the Circle Tower, passed down from old master to new. Errant students learned to fear it, for when all other forms of discipline failed, the Final Reason would produce obedience at the cost of significant pain and discomfort.

The range of the arcane lance power used with this staff increases by 50% (so, range 24 for a regular arcane lance or range 36 for a long lance). Any arcane lance made with this staff deals +2 physical damage and uses of the Imposing Spell stunt cost 3 SP instead of 4.

Weapon Type: Silverite staff; Minimum Strength: -; Talent Level Bonus: One level; Focus Benefit: Yes; Attack Bonus: No; Damage Bonus: No.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call of the Inferno
    This staff was discovered in an urn in the Forbidden Chamber under Vigil's Keep during the chaos following the end of the Fifth Blight. It is always hot to the touch.

This staff provides a +1 bonus to the casting and Spellpower of Fire-based Primal spells. Any arcane lance made with this staff deals +3 damage and sets the target on fire if the Dragon Die is 5 or better. The bearer ignores 6 damage from fire while holding the staff and the staff flares into flame when striking targets for an additional +3 fire damage.

Weapon Type: White steel staff; Minimum Strength: -; Talent Level Bonus: One level; Focus Benefit: Yes; Attack Bonus: No; Damage Bonus: No.

Winter's Breath
    The core of this staff contains enchanted ice that never melts. It's said that is what fuels this powerful magical tool. It was recovered from a rage demon in the Warden's Keep in Ferelden during the Fifth Blight.

This staff provides a +1 bonus to the casting and Spellpower of Water- or Cold-based Primal spells. Any arcane lance made with this staff is forceful like a wave, and the user can use the Knock Prone stunt for 1 SP instead of 2 when making an arcane lance attack. The bearer ignores 6 damage from cold or ice while holding the staff and the staff freezes enemies it hits for an additional +2 penetrating cold damage.

Weapon Type: Dragonbone staff; Minimum Strength: -; Talent Level Bonus: One level; Focus Benefit: Yes; Attack Bonus: No; Damage Bonus: No.

Lightning Rod
    The woman who first hefted this staff was struck by lightning. The staff survived, the mage didn't, but the lightning power became forever imbued in the item.

This staff provides a +1 bonus to the casting and Spellpower of all Lightning-based Primal spells. The bearer ignores 6 damage from lightning damage while holding the staff and the staff does an additional +2 penetrating damage on a successful arcane lance or physical strike.

Weapon Type: Dragonbone staff; Minimum Strength: -; Talent Level Bonus: One level; Focus Benefit: Yes; Attack Bonus: No; Damage Bonus: No.

Re: DRAGON AGE STUFF: Characters, Creatures, etc. NEW: FOUR MAGIC STAVES for Mages

Lyrium Warrior

Do you guys like Fenris, from DA2? I do. So, here's my version of Fenris' specialization, the Lyrium Warrior.

Lyrium Warrior Specialization

Classes: Rogue or Warrior (note: GMs deciding that specializations are always class-exclusive must place this among Warrior specs)
    Requirement: You must have Constitution and Willpower 3 or higher.
    Tattooed with lyrium and fueled by will, you are an unnerving foe and an invaluable ally on the battlefield.

Novice: You can fade into a wraithlike state and become difficult to track on the battlefield. With an activate action, you can enter Lyrium Ghost mode. This grants you a +1 bonus to Defense and a +1 bonus on Magic tests to resist spells and other magical attacks. You can end Lyrium Ghost mode with a free action.

Journeyman: You can channel energy from the Fade into your weapons (including unarmed attacks) through your lyrium tattoos. While in Lyrium Ghost mode, your melee attacks count as magical and you deal penetrating damage with the Pierce Armor stunt (this stunt usually reduces armor effectiveness to one-half but you can ignore it altogether).

Master: You can overload your body with magic power and then release it violently through your tattoos. While in Lyrium Ghost mode, you can perform the Spirit Pulse stunt for 4 SP. You flare with dark energy, lashing foes with a blast of spiritual force that causes 1d6 penetrating damage to all enemies within 8 yards of you.
    Yeah, I know, in the game it's called "Tevinter Fugitive" but hey, not ALL escaped Tevinter slaves are infused with lyrium!

Fenris is a great warrior...

... That can deal penetrating damage...

... And use the Spirit Pulse stunt!

Lyrium tattoos are stylish and hella painful to craft.

Re: DRAGON AGE STUFF: Characters, Creatures, etc. NEW: Lyrium Warrior spec! Four new magic staves!

Personally I think that those staves are pretty cheap for the amount of stuff they do. If they did have values I'd probably not have any of them cost less than 30 gp, considering they boost Armor Rating by 6 in specific situations (even against a specific damage type that is pretty phenomenal), they all boost damage, two of them reduce the cost of stunts, and some add extra effects to Arcane Lances. That's a lot of power in those staves!

I'd recommend increasing the prices if you want to add these to the RPG. (I know you said that they aren't "real prices" so this is all a suggestion)
    If you like the Dragon Age RPG, please consider listening to my podcast: The Wonders of Thedas! We discuss classes, backgrounds, GMing techniques, specializations, play styles, and much more!
    You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundlcoud!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share with the world, or any other contribution, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Tumblr accounts!

Re: DRAGON AGE STUFF: Characters, Creatures, etc. NEW: Lyrium Warrior spec! Four new magic staves!

Quote Originally Posted by Kot the Protector View Post
    Personally I think that those staves are pretty cheap for the amount of stuff they do (...) I'd recommend increasing the prices if you want to add these to the RPG. (I know you said that they aren't "real prices" so this is all a suggestion)
    You're right. It appears the DA wikia trolled me, so I removed the value line from the staves. I went back and checked the actual prices (the value I had before was the selling value, the price a merchant would pay you to get the item). The correct prices in the game to buy them are...

Final Reason: 6G 37S 50C
    Winter' Breath: 124G 50S
    Call of the Inferno: 62G 10S
    Lightning Rod: 48G
    Sometimes I simply open up the wiki and use the cost items have in the games. But that is not a perfect match and... Well, let's face it, the game wasn't written for magic items to have a price so maybe that line wasn't such a good idea... I mean, the price should be whatever is necessary for the story at that point, right?

EDIT/IDEA 1:

I'm very cheap with treasure, so 6 GP in my game is a real fortune. And that adds to the feeling of importance the players have in the world - they feel really important when they're able to spare a sovereign, because I make a point of showing that in this world that's a lot of money. Just think about it: the cost to feed a family of SIX people with full tavern meals three times a day for a MONTH is about 1G 35S. You guys could talk about it in the podcast, what do you say? (Sorry if it's been done, I'm not up to date yet.)

EDIT/IDEA 2:

I don't think these staves are that powerful... In my games mages have a real hard time dealing damage to opponents (I'm a strategy freak, my players avoid combat against intelligent enemies at all costs because... well, they're intelligent and usually go down the rout of "kill the emissary", so mages suffer a lot...)
    Overall, in my games, combat is always Nightmare difficulty. Don't you think sometimes mages simply don't deal as much damage as they should? Anyway, these staves are all mid- to end-game items, so they're supposed to be powerful. (Hey, you guys could talk about that in the podcast too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    You're right. It appears the DA wikia trolled me, so I removed the value line from the staves. I went back and checked the actual prices (the value I had before was the selling value, the price a merchant would pay you to get the item). The correct prices in the game to buy them are...

Sometimes I simply open up the wiki and use the cost items have in the games. But that is not a perfect match and... Well, let's face it, the game wasn't written for magic items to have a price so maybe that line wasn't such a good idea... I mean, the price should be whatever is necessary for the story at that point, right?

EDIT/IDEA 1:

I'm very cheap with treasure, so 6 GP in my game is a real fortune. And that adds to the feeling of importance the players have in the world - they feel rally important when they're able to spare a sovereign, because I make a point of showing that in this world that's a lot of money. Just think about it: the cost to feed a family of SIX people with full tavern meals three times a day for a MONTH is about 1G 35S. You guys could talk about it in the podcast, what do you say? (Sorry if it's been done, I'm not up to date yet.)

EDIT/IDEA 2:

I don't think these staves are that powerful... In my games mages have a real hard time dealing damage to opponents (I'm a strategy freak, my players avoid combat against intelligent enemies at all costs because... well, they're intelligent and usually go down the rout of "kill the emissary", so mages suffer a lot...)
    Overall, in my games, combat is always Nightmare difficulty. Don't you think sometimes mages simply don't deal as much damage as they should? Anyway, these staves are all mid- to end-game items, so they're supposed to be powerful. (Hey, you guys could talk about that in the podcast too!)
    I appreciate all the podcast ideas!

And they would definitely be good staves for end game stuff. If they work for your game you should definitely use them!
    If you like the Dragon Age RPG, please consider listening to my podcast: The Wonders of Thedas! We discuss classes, backgrounds, GMing techniques, specializations, play styles, and much more!
    You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundlcoud!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share with the world, or any other contribution, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Tumblr accounts!

Have you thought of doing the stats for Sketch from Leliana's song? He's interacting with my PCs and I could really use them!

Quote Originally Posted by Parsival View Post
    Have you thought of doing the stats for Sketch from Leliana's song? He's interacting with my PCs and I could really use them!
    Hey! Great idea! I'll probably have to play Leliana's Song again but I'll probably do it sometime during these two next weeks. Check back often (it may not appear on the heading on the thread's page, but you'll find it for sure on the first post).

EDIT: Actually, done! Check below :P

Leliana's Song

Leliana's Song is a prequel DLC for Dragon Age: Origins that explores Leliana's back-story in greater detail. It includes fully voiced cutscenes and includes a reward item, the Battledress of the Provocateur, that once attained transfers to both existing saved games and new games of Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: Awakening. Leliana's Song was originally announced by BioWare at E3 2010 on June 16th and was subsequently released on July 6th.

Below you'll find stats for the Battledress and Leliana's three companions. I won't stat Leliana herself, as you may find her stats elsewhere here in the forums.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

TUG
    "Don't you worry, I'm right behind you."
    Background: Surface Dwarf (Constitution +1, Strength +1, Courage, Stamina), can speak and read Dwarven and the Trade Tongue
    Class and Level: Warrior 10
    ---
    Communication: 2 (Deception, Oratory); Constitution*: 5 (Drinking, Stamina); Cunning: 1; Dexterity*: 4 (Brawling); Magic: 0; Perception: 2 (Seeing, Tracking); Strength*: 4 (Axes, Climbing, Heavy Blades, Might); Willpower: 3 (Courage)
    ---
    Stunt Bonuses: Defensive Stance (1 sp), Dual Strike (3 sp), Lightning Attack (2 sp when dual wielding but attack must be made with off-hand weapon), Threaten (1 sp)
    Talents: Armor Training (M), Dual Weapon Style (M), Unarmed Style (N), Weapon and Shield Style (M)
    Weapon Groups: Axes, Bows, Brawling, Heavy Blades, Light Blades, Staves
    Tug doesn't have a specialization, so he gets three additional talent degrees.
    ---
    Speed: 9 (12 without armor); Defense: 14 (17 with shield); Armor: 7
    Health: 115; Mana: --
    Attack: Tug's Edge +6 (damage 2d6+4, major action) and shield +6 (damage 1d6+3, improvised weapon, minor action)
    ---
    Equipment: Backpack, traveler's garb, waterskin, Tug's Edge, heavy mail armor, medium shield, 3d6+50 silver pieces.

Tug's Edge
    A heavy weapon, the plain blade contrasted by a small disc of deeply engraved gold bound into the grip. It is probably a family crest, but it doesn't look dwarven, and Tug has never dwelled on his past.

Weapon Type: Battle axe; Minimum Strength: 1; Talent Level Bonus: No; Focus Benefit: No; Attack Bonus: No; Damage Bonus: No; Other Benefits: This axe ignores 1 point of armor when striking an armored foe (this also applies to foes with natural armor).
    Tug is brash, cunning, uncomplicated – an excellent frontline thug who doesn't ask questions and knows when he should leave the planning to someone else. Fiercely loyal to his friends, even as he gives them a hard time. A strange fit to follow a bard, although he'd claim there's no better view.

Tug bears a Casteless brand but is unlike other casteless dwarves. His family in Orzammar, if he has any left, is untraceable.

SILAS CORTHWAITE
    "If I can end this, I hope to serve the Chantry. They will already know my good intentions."
    Background: Fereldan Freeman (Constitution +1, Strength +1, Animal Handling, Courage), can speak and read the Trade Tongue
    ---
    Communication: 2 (Animal Handling); Constitution*: 4 (Running, Stamina); Cunning: 2 (Military Lore, Religious Lore); Dexterity*: 4 (Brawling); Magic: 0; Perception: 2 (Hearing, Tracking); Strength*: 5 (Axes, Heavy Blades); Willpower: 2 (Courage, Faith)
    ---
    Stunt Bonuses: Defensive Stance (1 sp), Dual Strike (3 sp), Lightning Attack (2 sp when dual wielding but attack must be made with off-hand weapon), Threaten (1 sp)
    Talents: Armor Training (M), Dual Weapon Style (M), Unarmed Style (N), Weapon and Shield Style (M)
    Weapon Groups: Axes, Bows, Brawling, Heavy Blades, Light Blades, Staves
    Silas doesn't have a specialization, so he gets three additional talent degrees.
    ---
    Speed: 11 (14 without armor); Defense: 14 (17 with shield); Armor: 7
    Health: 105; Mana: --
    Attack: Longsword +7 (damage 2d6+5, major action) and shield +6 (damage 1d6+4, improvised weapon, minor action)
    ---
    Equipment: Backpack, traveler's garb, waterskin, longsword, medium shield, heavy mail armor, 3d6+50 silver pieces.

Silas was a rebel soldier during the Orlesian occupation of Ferelden. Years later, he was hunting on the grounds of Arl Urien of Denerim without permission when Harwen Raleigh captured him and locked him in the dungeons of the Arl's estate. He was there for some months when Leliana finally found him.

SKETCH
    "Denerim doesn't smell great. Can't believe I miss Orlais."
    Background: Apostate (elf, Willpower +1, Magic +1, Natural Lore), can speak and read the Trade Tongue and speak Elven
    Class and Level: Mage 10
    ---
    Communication: 2; Constitution: 2; Cunning*: 4 (Arcane Lore, Healing, Natural Lore); Dexterity: 2 (Staves, Stealth); Magic*: 5 (Creation, Primal); Perception: 2 (Empathy, Searching); Strength: 0; Willpower*: 4 (Self-Discipline)
    ---
    Specialization: Spirit Healer (M)
    Talents: Chirurgy (N), Lore (N), Creation Magic (M)
    ---
    Speed: 14; Defense: 13 (+1 bonus for master degree in Creation Magic); Armor: 0
    Health: 75; Mana: 95
    Attack: Arcane lance +5 (damage 1d6+5, range 24, long lance) or quarterstaff +4 (damage 1d6+1) or arcane lance +5 (damage 2d6+5, range 24, cost 2 mana, long lance, power lance)
    Spellpower: 15 (17 for Creation or Primal spells). Spends 1 less mana to cast Creation spells.
    Spells: Arcane bolt, arcane shield, flame blast, flaming weapons, group heal, heal, heroic aura, heroic defense, heroic offense, life ward, lightning, revival, shock
    ---
    Equipment: Backpack, traveler's garb, waterskin, quarterstaff, 3d6+50 silver pieces.

Sketch is a bookish, nervous mage who is frighteningly capable when backed into a corner. Not the adventuring type, but as dangerous as the game of intrigue can be, it is still preferable to a life spent caged by the templars. Sketch despises the Circle of Magi.

Sketch appears to have little patience for Leliana's embellishing their past. However, Leliana nonetheless seeks his help regarding messages left by their mutual friend, Tug. Sketch's whereabouts are largely unknown except to his former comrade, but he appears to have made a reputation for himself as someone who sees problems differently and has a unique approach to knowledge and problem solving.

Re: DRAGON AGE STUFF: Characters, Creatures, etc. NEW: The Inquisitor's Companions (Part 0.5/4)

Dragon Age: Inquisition (Part 1/4)

If the stuff I read is to be trusted, I'm about 50% into my first playthrough of Inquisition and I just FEEL the need of start stating these guys. This will be a four-part series so check back often to see your favorites.

General Rules
    Most companion characters are stated as level 10 player characters. Trait choices will be based on story and not necessarily on minmaxing.
    Cassandra and Varric will probably get templates to represent their former exploits.
    Leliana, Josephine, Cullen, and others few will be stated as NPCs and not as player characters.
    The Inquisition itself will be stated as an epic organization alongside other major forces of Thedas (using organization rules).

NOTE ABOUT SPOILERS
    It took me almost 3 years to finally play this game. I probably shouldn't be worried about spoilers but if you haven't played it yet, just know that many build decisions are directly connected to heavy spoilers. So beware before asking 'why' for some of the stats...

Warriors

THE IRON BULL (Dragon Age: Inquisition)
    “Also, it's 'THE Iron Bull.' I like having an article at the front. It makes it sound like I'm not even a person, just a mindless weapon, an implement of destruction... That really works for me.”
    Background: Qunari Beresaad (Strength +2, Leadership, Qun), can speak and read Qunlat and the Trade Tongue, magic vulnerability
    ---
    Communication: 2 (Deception, Investigation, Leadership); Constitution*: 4 (Drinking, Stamina); Cunning: 2 (Military Lore, Qun); Dexterity*: 2 (Brawling); Magic: 0; Perception: 1 (Tracking); Strength*: 6 (Axes, Heavy Blades); Willpower: 3 (Courage)
    ---
    Specialization: Reaver (M)
    Stunt Bonuses: Dual Strike (3 sp), Mighty Blow (1 sp when wielding a two-handed weapon), Threaten (1 sp)
    Talents: Armor Training (J), Unarmed Style (N), Two-Hander Style (M), Weapon and Shield Style (N)
    Weapon Groups: Axes, Bludgeons, Brawling, Heavy Blades, Light Blades, Spears
    ---
    Speed: 11 (12 without armor); Defense: 12; Armor: 4
    Attack: Two-Handed Axe +8 (damage 3d6+6) or Unarmed +4 (damage 1d6+6)
    ---
    Equipment: Backpack, traveler's garb, waterskin, longsword, medium shield, two-handed axe, heavy leather armor, 3d6+50 silver pieces.

(A note about Iron Bull's background, without spoilers: if you played Inquisition you know Iron Bull is not exactly a Beresaad; however, because of his position as a mercenary leader and because the fact that he mentions a story in the military before changing caste, the Qunari Beresaad actually is the best choice for this character.)

The Iron Bull is a one-eyed Qunari mercenary, companion and a pansexual romance option for the Inquisitor in Dragon Age: Inquisition.

The Iron Bull was raised in the schools of Par Vollen by the tamassrans. He was big and strong for his age and liked to act as a secondary caregiver for his fellow children. Eventually he was recommended for service on the Qunari-held island of Seheron. According to him, the island was "a sack of cats". Incursions from Tevinter, marauding Tal-Vashoth, and native rebels fighting both sides made life chaotic. After eight years in Seheron, his unit suffered heavy losses and he was reassigned to Orlais to work undercover, ostensibly as a Tal-Vashoth.

He worked for the mercenary company Fisher's Bleeders for several years but Fisher was a mediocre commander and he eventually left, taking several of Fisher's men with him, to form his own mercenary company: the Bull's Chargers. Bull uses his mercenaries to gather information on Orlesian nobles, feeding the intelligence to the Ben-Hassrath. Though he still reports to his old masters, time in Orlais led to something of an identity crisis for him.

He remains in command of the Bull's Chargers, though spends much of his time drinking, lazing about and overindulging - all clear violations of the Qun. Despite his unusually friendly demeanor and lax attitude to his philosophy, The Iron Bull still has a loyalty to the Qun which dies hard. He doesn't proselytize, but neither does he apologize for his way of life.

CASSANDRA PENTAGHAST (Dragon Age: Inquisition)
    “One day, they may write about me as a traitor, a madwoman, a fool. And they may be right.”
    Background: Nevarran Adventurer (Strength +1, Willpower +1, Courage, Jumping), can speak and read the Trade Tongue
    ---
    Communication: 0 (Investigation); Constitution*: 3 (Stamina); Cunning: 1 (Military Lore, Religious Lore); Dexterity*: 4 (Brawling, Initiative, Riding); Magic: 3; Perception: 2; Strength*: 5 (Climbing, Jumping, Heavy Blades); Willpower: 3 (Courage, Faith)
    ---
    Specialization: Templar (M)
    Stunt Bonuses: Defensive Stance (1 sp when fighting with weapon and shield), Dual Strike (3 sp), Threaten (1 sp)
    Talents: Armor Training (J), Dual Weapon Style (N), Single Weapon Style (N), Weapon and Shield Style (M)
    Weapon Groups: Bludgeons, Bows, Brawling, Light Blades, Heavy Blades, Staves
    ---
    Speed: 10 (14 without armor); Defense: 14 (17 with shield); Armor: 8
    Health: 95; Mana: --
    Attack: Longsword +7 (damage 2d6+5) or shield bash +6 (damage 1d6+4, improvised weapon)
    ---
    Equipment: Backpack, traveler's garb, waterskin, longsword, medium shield, light plate armor, 3d6+50 silver pieces.

Cassandra Allegra Portia Calogera Filomena Pentaghast (born 9:03-9:04 Dragon) is a Nevarran of the royal Pentaghast family and Seeker of the Chantry. She began her Seeker training at the fortress of Montsimmard, apprenticed to a senior member named Seeker Byron, where the majority of the focus was on her religious rather than martial education. Though this frustrated her at first, she eventually embraced her studies and excelled. She underwent her vigil at the age of fifteen in a remote castle in the Blasted Hills of Orlais, the youngest Seeker to do so since the Storm Age. Though of noble birth, Cassandra Pentaghast turned her back on a life of wealth and privilege to join the Seekers of Truth. The ancient order serves as a watchful eye over corruption and magical threats, granted ultimate authority in its investigations by the Chantry.

Many Seekers abandoned the Chantry in response to the mage rebellion. Cassandra did not join her comrades in this, instead remaining loyal to Divine Justinia and her efforts to restore order in the face of chaos. She is both pious and driven, the sword in the right hand of the Divine, seeking justice above all else.

BLACKWALL (Dragon Age: Inquisition)
    “At the heart of it, all a Warden is, is a promise. To protect others... even at the cost of your own life.”
    Background: Free Marcher (Constitution +1, Cunning +1, Bargaining, Deception), can speak and read the Trade Tongue
    ---
    Communication: 1 (Bargaining, Deception); Constitution*: 4 (Stamina); Cunning: 2 (Heraldry, Military Lore); Dexterity*: 3 (Brawling, Initiative, Riding); Magic: 0; Perception: 2 (Tracking); Strength*: 5 (Heavy Blades, Lances); Willpower: 4 (Courage)
    ---
    Specialization: Champion (M)
    Stunt Bonuses: Defensive Stance (1 sp when fighting with weapon and shield), Dual Strike (3 sp), Threaten (1 sp)
    Talents: Armor Training (J), Mounted Combat Style (N), Two-Hander Style (N), Weapon and Shield Style (M)
    Weapon Groups: Axes, Bludgeons, Brawling, Light Blades, Heavy Blades, Lances
    ---
    Speed: 10 (13 without armor); Defense: 13 (16 with shield); Armor: 7
    Attack: Longsword +7 (damage 2d6+5) or shield bash +5 (damage 1d6+4, improvised weapon)
    ---
    Equipment: Backpack, traveler's garb, waterskin, longsword, medium shield, heavy mail armor, 3d6+50 silver pieces.

Nothing is known of Blackwall prior to his recruitment into the Grey Wardens from the city of Cumberland in 9:17 Dragon, but he is said to be one of the few who chose, of his own accord, to undergo the Joining. He is proud of the lives of isolation and valor those of his order lead. In that isolation, he counsels that you have become something more than yourself. He prefers the life of the Warden to any other.

Note: Keeping information short here to avoid spoilers
    Last edited by Icarus; 01-19-2017 at 04:32 AM.