Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Card Game Kickstarter, Happening Now

The Mean Ronin, Keeper of Magic Deer Nikchick's Avatar

Re: Card Game Kickstarter, Happening Now

I posted this over on G+ but neglected to bring it over here. Better late than never!

I've seen a few people wondering about how Green Ronin's Love 2 Hate game differs from other games on the market. I thought it might be helpful to write up a few clarifying comments.

Love 2 Hate is a party game, using the now-familiar _ + _ style of play. Apples to Apples created the format, the same way Magic: the Gathering created the Trading Card Game category.

Love 2 Hate looks to hit the middle of the road, more edgy than Apples to Apples without stepping over into the "shockingly offensive" category that Cards Against Humanity occupies. No Holocaust/genocide references, no rape/sexual abuse references, nothing that says "This game should have a trigger warning attached." (And this is not a criticism of CAH, just pointing out where Love 2 Hate sits on the scale of A2A to CAH.) The love/hate mechanic is a modest but still unique variation to the format.

Apples to Apples is carried in the mass market at prices independent game stores often can't match, Cards Against Humanity has steadfastly refused to enter the hobby game distribution market in favor of selling direct through Amazon, creating scarcity for hobby stores that want to stock the game. Love 2 Hate is a hobby store friendly game that Green Ronin will make available through hobby distribution.

You can get a feeling for the tone of the game in less than three minutes by watching the video on the Kickstarter page.
    Sister Garrote of Warm Humanitarianism -- The Mean Ronin
    www.greenronin.com
    www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
    nicole@greenronin.com

The Mean Ronin, Keeper of Magic Deer Nikchick's Avatar

We've posted an update at the Kickstarter page wherein designer Colm Lundberg introduces himself and talks a bit about the origin of the game:

Meet the Designer!
    Sister Garrote of Warm Humanitarianism -- The Mean Ronin
    www.greenronin.com
    www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
    nicole@greenronin.com

Inceptor Freebooter

Quote Originally Posted by Nikchick View Post
    We've posted an update at the Kickstarter page wherein designer Colm Lundberg introduces himself and talks a bit about the origin of the game:

Meet the Designer!
    Hullo!! :-)

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by Nikchick View Post
    We've been excitedly playtesting and demoing the promo version of this game since the 2013 Green Ronin Summit and we're finally ready to announce the launch of the Kickstarter to fund this party game and its expansions. Pleas check out the Kickstarter page for more info.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...opriate-people
    Pls help me How to get this game to play?
    DELETED SPAM LINK
    Last edited by Fildrigar; 12-28-2015 at 08:15 PM.

Inceptor Freebooter

Quote Originally Posted by AnaAdmute View Post
    Pls help me How to get this game to play?
    offgamers
    Hi again AnaAdmute

The game is due to ship in November, i think, so it should be hitting your local games store before Xmas (depending on where in the world you are). I would imagine it woudl also be avaialbe throguh the Green Ronin online store at that point too.

Thanks!

Colm

Inceptor

I have played this game, love the theme and concept