Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Echoes of the Multiverse: A new destination for those that would like to keep the community together

MCRN Admiral

Re: Echoes of the Multiverse: A new destination for those that would like to keep the community toge

The way it was described is that the mods were getting harassed in real life rather badly by a disgruntled person in what sounds like a dedicated campaign. In addition, spammers were hitting the forms hard plus some discussions were less than civil on the forms to say the least.

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Re: Echoes of the Multiverse: A new destination for those that would like to keep the community toge

Quote Originally Posted by mrdent12 View Post
    The way it was described is that the mods were getting harassed in real life rather badly by a disgruntled person in what sounds like a dedicated campaign. In addition, spammers were hitting the forms hard plus some discussions were less than civil on the forms to say the least.
    The spam problem has been mostly taken care of. We've nearly eliminated it.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

MCRN Admiral

Cool. I wasn't trying to misrepresent what's going on so much as provide a quick synopsis as best I understood it. Its a hazard of my day job that I can't turn off sometimes.
    Last edited by mrdent12; 11-05-2016 at 01:51 AM.

Events Manager Freebooter Danicia's Avatar

As an aside, we said we were *thinking* of closing them, not that we definitely are. I've updated some of the posts with more information like this:

Hello all,

I'm going to be closing a few threads, as we've received a ton of feedback and I'm working on a plan to keep the forums around. We'll have a fresh start (no, not removing the forums or archives) with new Code of Conduct, new Posting Guidelines, and a proper plan for moderation & infraction system.

I'll be closing a few of these threads with this message, so everyone sees it. I'll keep open a few of the threads, so in case we do have to Archive and close, we'll save all the good things you all want to save.

You won't see a lot of things change quite yet, as I'll be working behind the scenes and I'll await Nicole's final approval once she's back from her amazing birthday trip.

If you have any questions, you can PM me or send an email to donna@greenronin.com

Thanks for your patience!
    Donna "Danicia" Prior
    Events & Volunteer Herder, Green Ronin
    http://about.me/Danicia

Well, the creator of Echoes of the Multiverse has stated the forums can be used to post things from any game system. So it isn't a replacement for the Roninarmy.

UN Basic Recipient sureshot1973's Avatar

I probably still is a replacement for this forum in case they close it. Just dedicated to rpgs in general not just M&M imo.

MCRN Admiral

It's kind of that (some people have transferred whole threads over in fear of GR's initial warning), but much of the "Roll Call" board have gone over there permanently.
    Jabroniville at Hotmail dot com
    http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/index.php

I think the two boards can readily exist in parallel. The only thing is, with people kind of sitting on one side, t'other, or both, would it make sense to change the title to reflect that it's an alternate community for the refugees and those who would associate with them?

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Danicia View Post
    As an aside, we said we were *thinking* of closing them, not that we definitely are. I've updated some of the posts with more information like this:
    Maybe you want to update the sticky thats everwhere.

We're still discussing what we're going to do and if you're decent and persuasive about it you might even sway me to set up an archive of your favorite stuff.
    To me it reads like the question isn't "will the forum be nuked?" but only "will you guys beg enough for there to be an archive?". On the same time theres no information on what exactly happend from your side... but theres posts on other forums (reddit, echoesofthemultiverse) that indicate that this might very well be just a single person overracting over a discussion.

I've allways experienced this forum as a very nice and surprisingly well behaved forum. Whatever happend, i only have a one sidedview and a sticky that says that this (in my experience) maybe even best behaving place on the internet is dead. It's not maybe dead. It's a fact. If we are nice and beg we will get an archive.

This view might be strongly influenced by good moderation. But I'll never know that. For all I know, that super awesome forum is dead because of a single moderator, who expects us to beg for an archive. If i would truly write what I'm thinking right now, this post would most likely get deleted.

This forum was where i got many awesome plot ideas, builds and all the news on upcoming and new products. Now it seems like it will be gone due to reasons i might never learn. This will certainly not influence my buying behaviour of future products in a positive way.

Expecting people to beg is how you turn a huge fan who bought all your products into someone who will finish the current campaign and then move on to another system.

Which sometimes wasn't very easy because M&M isn't avaiable anywhere in my country. The longest shipping i had was about 3 months... when the book finaly arrived I had allready forgotten that I had ordered it.
    Last edited by CAA; 11-09-2016 at 03:08 AM.

I'll join up. I may not post much anymore but I can't imagine life with out this place.
    Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.