Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Plot Ideas You Had?

Defender of the Word Ser Daerin's Avatar

Re: Best Plot Ideas You Had?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Cunningham View Post
    ISome Minor issius like Disputes over a Pig.
    You should update us on how this part goes in particular. Some of the groups I've played with would still manage to turn a dispute over farm animals into the War of Five Kings II.
    Last edited by Ser Daerin; 01-18-2017 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Formatting.

Inceptor

In my opinion they found a relativly good conclusion.

They were on the way to collecting Taxes, so all the Farmers were more Happy when they leave.
    But one of them complains that Sam the Miller has stolen one of his pigs and they assured him, that they will investigate the matter.
    Lucky them, Sam the Miller was thier next stop. As they arrived the Mill, the old Maester falls asleep and warged into his Raven (I hate that character ) and he looked around and found the discribed pig (cutted ears), and perception was good enough, he found out, the pig was pregnant.

Sam the Miller dinied that he has stolen the pig, he has found it, no it was not pregnant as he found it and no he don't won't to give it back (not so bold, he was talking to the Son of his Lord and the Lordling was in the Company of a Knight and some Man-at-Arms).
    He argumented that he has feed the pig and one of his male pigs has it impragnated and so he has feed it even more. And he was very angrey been called a thief.

They could not found out if one of the parties lied, because both were telling thier individually truth and they negotiated that the Miller give back the Pig but he will get all of the little pigs after birth, but one. So all parties are not really unhappy with the outcome.

My players are relativly carefull with the population, they have a anual martial festival on thier Lands, one of the best known bow-competitions in the Riverlands and I discribed a lot of well made Andal Longbows over the fireplaces of the Smallfolk.
    And I exidential informed them, that in case of rebellion, they will have to deal with trained Guerillas instead of green Pesant Levies.

Sorry for the bad Englisch but Kajani can confirm, that I am also at war with my motherlanguage.

Defender of the Word

Sounds like a good (almost classic *g*) sollution for this problem.
    I think it is alsways good to start "low" so that the players got a feeling for the world (and get attached to their surroundings, area, smallfolk). The possibilities are endless...

Inceptor

It was my intention, to let them know thier lands ans smalfolk, before a go on to burn and pillage it.
    There is a difference betwenn the Ironmen attaced a village on your land and the Ironmen attaced Woodbridge and toke the daugther of Brandon Thatcher as hostage...

Inceptor

Cool Re: Best Plot Ideas You Had?

My wife and I had an amazing time last summer in Croatia. We took Game of Thrones 5 Days Tour and visited all the filming locations.
    Our guide looked like Daenerys. She wore her clothes and spoke their language.
    Best time ever!

Inceptor

If I remember correctly, someone want's to be informed about my ongoing Campaign.

At the end of the tour, to learn thier lands, so Archer (Bastard Nepwe of the House Lords) got the only two daughters of the richest Merchant in the Area de-virgined and pregnant in the same night. The last, the player supposed, but did not know for sure.
    He will learn, in three month, when the first of the two young ladies will show the first signs. And yeas, both ladies dont know that the other got visited too. The character is an ass and the player did his best to play all the charakters flaws.

As two of four Players canseld the next session, I launched a low level quest to investigate some rumor about Bandits at the border.
    And there were Bandits, who raided the nighboring lands and set up shop at the homehouse land. With a few Guardsmen an some Hunters the Charakters got a handle on that problem and deliver the surviving bandits to the nighboring Knight, wo shows his gratitute.
    This will be verry good for the homehouse, wenn the knowledge about the "Stapelgeld" gets around.

Time flies by and, without the knowledge of the Playercharakters, the Lord of the homehouse formed a alliance with Daveth Barnell of House Barnell, to get rid of the natural Son of Lord Thomas Barnell, Gereth Snow. Daveth beliefs that the Lord of the homehouse dispiese Northeners (true) and is a helbful tool (hm, not really). The Lord of the Homehouse will use Gereth Snow to provoke is warmonging Father for some quick reaktion against Market Town, on which the Lord of the homehouse has a greedy eye.
    As the great Market Day comes, the wive of the Lord planned to travel to Market Town, which the Lord prohibited as he get knowlige of this plans.
    Shortly after that he travels with his 5 year old son to his last banner knight, to ask if he would take the young boy as squire.
    The Lady of the house insisted in traveling anyway and instead of stopping her, the characters join her happyly.
    Surprise, surprise, thy choose the same Inn as young Gereth Snow and oh no, they percept the evil mercenaries, who at first tried to abduct and than murder Gereth Snow.
    The Maester also rescued the Bastards life.
    Now they are interested in, what is going on. And I am interested if they found out that thier Lord is the evil Mastermind and how they reakt.

Inceptor

I'm currently running a tabletop chronicle in which my players are all fisherfolk from a village in the Westerlands under House Banefort. I built a picture of the game being about managing a village through a tough winter and said I'd made rules to assist in this. They all created families and friends that created a firm attachment to the place and the people there.

The first session saw them travel to the next village in the cold of winter to trade for extra food. They returned to find their village burning and six ironborn ships sailing north with their food and women. Everyone else was dead, apart from one PC's father, the blacksmith who had both legs broken with his own hammer and anvil.

They're currently traveling with the crippled father in the cold of winter to ask Lord Banefort for help.

Turning to banditry has been mooted on session 2...

They also had 50 xp removed in chargen as they're uneducated and were allowed a max of 2d in combat skills.

I'll allow them this XP if they ever join a house or a militia and receive training.

It's up to them to survive with nothing in Westeros in winter.

Keeper of Secrets

Well, I think it would also be a possibility to use such a plot without killing all inhabitants, simply surviving and dealing with small scale robbers or conflicts with a neighbouring community could be a competition, too.
    I also somehow disagree with the -50 xp. I understand that you did not want to let them create skilled fighters (although even smallfolk should be allowed to have some speciality-dices and maybe even a regular dice of 3 when there is a reason - if they are for example have some skills in hunting to drive of dangerous animals like wolves, bears or boars).
    Civilians are in my eyes not "uneducated", their skills re simplya centred in other fields than those of fighters etc. I know that a lot of craftsmenship and working on the field is not well reflected in the current skill-system, but I would say -50 xp is too much. They could spend their xp for survival etc., and I understand not why a normal civilian may not have a good Athletic, Aggility etc. or even Notice etc. I fully support that things like Knowledge, Language etc. may be restricted given to the social status, and fighting/marksmanship etc. in some way, too, but that seem to strict in my eyes (I know you say nothing of limits to those other abbilities, but -50 xp is de facto a significant limitation since it mean two attributs could not be raised from 2 to 3 and another one not from 3 to 4 - or 5 could not be raised from 2 to 3).
    Last edited by Kajani; 05-17-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Inceptor

a plot idea that could be used is the conflict for resources between houses.

for example, you find a deposit of silver in your lands, which is good for the house. the problem is that is very close to another huse lans, to the point that half of the deposit is in their house nad the other half in yours.

how does the house solve the problem without going to war with your neighbour?

Defender of the Word Ser Daerin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elcid321 View Post
    a plot idea that could be used is the conflict for resources between houses.

for example, you find a deposit of silver in your lands, which is good for the house. the problem is that is very close to another huse lans, to the point that half of the deposit is in their house nad the other half in yours.

how does the house solve the problem without going to war with your neighbour?
    This is actually the plot I'm using for one of my games. So far, nothing much has come of it; it's a slow burn since it's play by post, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it shakes out.