Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Iron Fist : Coming to Netflix in March 2017

Defender of the Word

Re: Iron Fist : Coming to Netflix in March 2017

Quote Originally Posted by savijmuhdrox View Post
    Thats kind of what i figured; but i am quite impressed with the slow burn the series advocates are brewing. On a number of sites (with comments) where a critic has poo-pooed the show, i'm seeing a lot of people in the comments not only refuting the critic, but they are doing it rather politely. So there's no ranting and raving, just people saying "I thought it was good, have a nice day" type stuff.

Personally, the more of that I see, the more I'm reassured the show will be fine and the Defenders will stay on track.
    Now, don't get me wrong.

I liked it, but it had problems.

Danny, in the Netflix series, is an idiot. In the first three episodes he demonstrates an almost unbelievable level of stupidity and lack of tact.

Danny has an understanding of the modern world, enough to get a forged passport good enough to pass through US customs, board a plane, to participate in illegal underground fight clubs, etc. Not to mention had access to the funds to do all of that. Yet, cannot afford even passable clothing or shoes to approach a multi-billion dollar company after having been missing for fifteen years and, just to add to that, doesn't even bother to shower.

I can let that slide... Without giving any spoilers... There are certain people you don't tell that you were trained by mystic warrior monks who live in an alternate dimension. Danny tells these people this, while at the same time adding, "I know how crazy that sounds."

No. No Danny you obviously don't. If you knew how crazy that sounds you wouldn't have said it. Not only that Danny-boy but you can't claim that it is against your code to lie because we saw you lie. You admit that you lied. So... No. That was terrible writing.

Once you get past that, however, the series is great.

Also it earns bonus points for being the first Netflix series to not make fun of the comic book costume, that you only get to see in a grainy black and white shot, but hey at least they don't make fun of it.

Re: Iron Fist : Coming to Netflix in March 2017

Quote Originally Posted by hypervirtue View Post
    Now, don't get me wrong.

I liked it, but it had problems.

Danny, in the Netflix series, is an idiot. In the first three episodes he demonstrates an almost unbelievable level of stupidity and lack of tact.

Danny has an understanding of the modern world, enough to get a forged passport good enough to pass through US customs, board a plane, to participate in illegal underground fight clubs, etc. Not to mention had access to the funds to do all of that. Yet, cannot afford even passable clothing or shoes to approach a multi-billion dollar company after having been missing for fifteen years and, just to add to that, doesn't even bother to shower.

I can let that slide... Without giving any spoilers... There are certain people you don't tell that you were trained by mystic warrior monks who live in an alternate dimension. Danny tells these people this, while at the same time adding, "I know how crazy that sounds."

No. No Danny you obviously don't. If you knew how crazy that sounds you wouldn't have said it. Not only that Danny-boy but you can't claim that it is against your code to lie because we saw you lie. You admit that you lied. So... No. That was terrible writing.

Once you get past that, however, the series is great.

Also it earns bonus points for being the first Netflix series to not make fun of the comic book costume, that you only get to see in a grainy black and white shot, but hey at least they don't make fun of it.
    I won't refute what you say, but just offer that I've been viewing Danny as having a somewhat arrested development. I have yet to finish the series, so by the end i may end up agreeing with you but coming into some of the scenes you mention, my brain is figuring Danny's stupidity is a bit of naivete..

Every series will indeed have its flaws, and i'm sure by the end of this one there'll be stuff i don't care for (I already think Meachum's daughter is forgettable); but i highly doubt I'll be poo-pooing it as a dismal failure. but hey, we shall see.
    "Oh poop!" (inexact translation) Author Unknown, Pompeii circa 79 A.D.