Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

OPA Belta Freebooter

The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

[Shameless Plug Time]

Blackwyrm is publishing a 3rd edition version of The ALGERNON Files written by that same guy who wrote the other ones for the previous editions. That would be me, by the way.

Yes, I look and sound horrible in the video...but Melissa (our cover artist) makes up for my laconic self with her undiluted perk.

So, cross your fingers and hope both volumes get funded so that we can get this series on the road. Two volumes down, 28 to go. And the teen villains supplement. And the space supplement. And, well, you get the idea.

[/Shameless Plug Time]

The LINK!!! ->https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...=home_location

OPA Belta

Re: The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

Whoooo! Always loved the Algernon Files, and we've made a lot of use of the heroes and villains in the Crinoverse games.
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

And you can get a couple of freebies just for visiting the Kickstarter - you can pick up a couple of free PDF character stats (Apparition & Blackbone) ... What's also nice is that as well as the first two booklets you can also buy the Hero Lab files as well if you want. Wish more publishers did that.

OPA Belta

This is good news! I love the Algernon Files and the characters in it feature heavily in the Mightyverse setting, I really hope you get the funding you need.

I've been watching all of this for a while, and waiting for the Kickstarter to go live. I'm in at the $50 level, and I'm pimping the hell out of the Kickstarter page on a couple of different websites I frequent.

UN Basic Recipient

Good luck with this. I'll spread the word. If for some reason you don't make your goal is there any thought to simply selling the PDFs? It looks like quality stuff and I'd hate to not have access and your work go unrewarded because people missed the kickstarter.

Protomolecule Host

I have contributed. Good luck with this.

UN Basic Recipient

I'm very excited to see The Algernon Files revived. I was wondering what happens after this kickstarter, which gives (with the stretch goal, it looks like) Abraxas through Blackheart. Will there be additional kickstarters for future volumes? Or is this a test of the waters to see if you could publish others without a kickstarter?

By the way, I like the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe-like feel.

Thanks,
    - Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_CCHKK View Post
    I'm very excited to see The Algernon Files revived. I was wondering what happens after this kickstarter, which gives (with the stretch goal, it looks like) Abraxas through Blackheart. Will there be additional kickstarters for future volumes? Or is this a test of the waters to see if you could publish others without a kickstarter?

By the way, I like the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe-like feel.

Thanks,
    - Bill
    Here's what Aaron Sullivan posted on his website.

The Official Handbook of Blah, Blah, Blah…
    Posted on January 23, 2014

Almost forgot, I do have a couple of pieces of news I can report – format and an additional product.

After a lot of discussion (and I do mean a lot), we’ve decided to go the route of individual volumes numbering between 12 to 20 entries each, depending on how the layout shakes out. This makes the scheme manageable (I have about 230 entries planned out numbering over 400 characters all told), so that will keep things flowing over the next few years reliably at nice quarterly chunks in the slightly less than 50 pages each range. Affordable, digestible, and a sane amount of work. More discussion there once we have a finalized layout.

Also, we’re putting together a small product tentatively called Juvenile Injustice (JI) to coincide with the release from Green Ronin of a 3e version of Hero High. JI will include three sections, covering

[1] How to run teen villains (written by the inestimable Jack Norris…go on, try to estimable him…I dare ya)

[2] The Winters Academy for the Exceptional Student (written by me with some additional student body provided by a few brave volunteers – more word later as stuff rolls in)

and

[3] The Seven Sins (a newbie team of villains who all recently graduated the Winters Academy together)

As usual, as I have news to throw at ya about any of this, I’ll run here and air all the dirty laundry. You’re welcome.

OPA Belta Freebooter

Cool Re: The ALGERNON Files Lives ... and it Kickstarts!

Quote Originally Posted by Hahn View Post
    Good luck with this. I'll spread the word. If for some reason you don't make your goal is there any thought to simply selling the PDFs? It looks like quality stuff and I'd hate to not have access and your work go unrewarded because people missed the kickstarter.
    Honestly, I know that Dave and the Blackwyrm guys will do something to get the two books already done (and the JUVENILE INJUSTICE supplement currently being worked on) out to the public. But, I don't know about books beyond that if the response from fandom (demonstrated in part by the Kickstarter results) doesn't make it look profitable. Niche products in a niche industry and expectations for returns and all that.

Fingers crossed. I love what Alex and Melissa do with making the stuff in my head look good, and getting all these jokers out of my head (so they stop driving me to distraction) and out to an appreciative audience is pretty durn (that's a southernism) important to me.