Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doc Mal's art

Doc Mal's art

I suppose if people don't mind it, I'd like to show off some things as well. Here's a character I was designing for Beautiful Dreamer's upcoming game, concept art included. Was going to name him "Junkrat", but then I recalled Overwatch existed, and switched it to "Junktech" instead. Had a lotta fun making him, though I was going really overboard with the gauntlet device haha. I think I might post things here later in the future, if they're super-hero related, who knows. Just testing the waters so to speak. If anyone likes, feel free to comment, I'd in particular love some advice on where I can improve here, as I know I'm still quite a ways off from where I'd like.

Concept

First complete piece of Junktech

Re: Doc Mal's art

Never realized before how hard it was to draw a brain, but then again, never thought I'd need to. Here's my best attempt at it so far, with a character aptly named The Brain.

More character art, this one for an alien (Genetically altered to resemble a human) telepath known as Kevin Someone. This one took me a godsawful long time, but only because I kept loosing my motivation to finish it. This one was pretty weird, and I'm not all that happy with the results, but at least I managed to finish it in the end...

Are you kidding me? You're being shy about this? It looks good man! Love to see more! Those sketches are actually my favorite
    My builds

-----

Tom Joad: Well, maybe it's like Casy says. A fellow ain't got a soul of his own, just little piece of a big soul, the one big soul that belongs to everybody, then ... I'll be all around in the dark - I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad.

- 'The Grapes of Wrath', John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreat058 View Post
    Are you kidding me? You're being shy about this? It looks good man! Love to see more! Those sketches are actually my favorite
    Hey, thanks dude! Yeah, I was really digging the look too for him in that, but I suppose it dosn't matter now... Junktech won't be used! D: Not with Dreamer leaving the site and his games behind, that is. Ah well, I still enjoyed making him.
    I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

What do I do around here?

Since I didn't want to attach a new art piece to that reply, here it is separate! This is MetaShaman's character, Flow. I had offered to make him something a few days ago, and finally sat down and finished. I'm actually pretty happy with him overall, personally, but I suppose it's up to Meta in the end, yes?

Okay, I wasn't happy with the vest, but I'm too tired to try fixing it now.

Hmm.. I tend to draw things facing the left, don't I? Should work on that.

A new portrait of The Brain, after nearly a year. Not much in way of improvement I think, but I'd like to imagine it looks nicer.

Protomolecule Host

your first character being called JunkTech is a killer concept.... i used it a while back for a gadgeteer-inventor type whose headquarters was hidden under a junkyard & salvage yard, we called him Junkyard with one of his aliases being Gerry Rigged (pronounced as "Jerry Rigged") as a play on how he was always getting his component parts from junkyards and pretty much looking as to have been jerry-rigging almost all of his inventions and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by American_Patriot View Post
    your first character being called JunkTech is a killer concept.... i used it a while back for a gadgeteer-inventor type whose headquarters was hidden under a junkyard & salvage yard, we called him Junkyard with one of his aliases being Gerry Rigged (pronounced as "Jerry Rigged") as a play on how he was always getting his component parts from junkyards and pretty much looking as to have been jerry-rigging almost all of his inventions and gear.
    Never noticed this until just now, sorry! Sounds like he was a cool character.

Masumi Kusatsu - Ravager - Hakai "Ravage"

I've done a LOT of this particular character, in part because she was the first M&M character I ever made and played. Seems I never actually drew a picture of her "out of costume" myself before, I should remedy that later.

This isn't my first picture of her, but this is the first one I drew digitally. Now that I see it again, it really does seem like I've improved some in the year between.

A portrait of just her head and part of her upper torso. Very xenomorph-esque.

Really liked how this one came out. This orginally had like art, but after ai clicked it off by accident I decided I liked the effect. She had a spike on her right arm originally, but I've edit that out to fit her current version.. There's also a more violent looking version, but I'll leave that one out.

She wears clothing now! In the first version she simply absorbed her clothing when she transformed. But I've decided that it made more sense for her outfit to stay put upon entering hero mode.

Continued------>