Time to get back to it and make the Green Lantern womanalogue! Like the Flash, the Green Lantern is an identity carried by many characters over the years. The first one was more mystical in origin when Alan Scott found a literal magic green lantern that he fashioned a ring from. After several years of being a pulp hero the Lantern mythos was reinvented with the sci-fi bend most everyone is familiar with today. Green Lantern is a name practically synonymous with "space cops," and myriad characters have worn the Green Lantern rings. The hot-blooded Hal Jordan, the soldier John Stewart, the artistic Kyle Rayner, the extra hot-blooded Guy Gardner, and many more. But one consistency among the sci-fi Green Lanterns and Alan Scott before them is an indomitable will and a sense of justice for them to carry their light forth and protect the universe from those who would do it harm. Though distinct characters each Green Lantern ring is more than just a power-source, it's a responsibility, and one that the various wearers have stepped up to.
I feel that outer space will get the representation it needs with my other parallels here, so I'm going to hearken back to Alan Scott here and give magic an in. Thus this character will actually be a magic user. I have mixed feelings on magic and comics, especially since many writers have used magic in comics as a bit of a "do-anything" tool, so it's one that has to be handled cautiously, I actually kinda like how the MCU handled magic, there were some clear and easy to understand rules and limits and anyone breaking those limits elicited an "oh crap!" type reaction from anyone who understood the implications. Back to the topic at hand, the way I see it the GL rings are likewise very powerful tools, and they too require tremendous will to use. All Green Lanterns have a higher responsibility than just themselves, and whereas most superheroes come around to this on their own, the Green Lanterns have, for the most part, more literally answered to a higher authority. This led me to create a sort of mythos for magic with this character as you'll see soon.
Kayla, Prime Magus of Earth
Code Name: Kayla, The Prime Magus
Secret Identity: Makayla Smith
Power Level 14
Abilities = 30pts
*Due to enhanced trait
Powers = 111 points
Magic: 46pt array = 51 points total
- Magic Blast: Ranged damage 18, variable 2 (magical elements), affects insubstantial 2, homing 2, indirect 4 = 46 points
- Dispel Magic: Nullify 14 (broad; Magic, simultaneous), accurate 2, precise, subtle (DC20) = 1 point
- Ghost Hands: perception range move object 14, affects insubstantial 2, precise, subtle (Magic senses) = 1 point
- Restorative Magic: perception range restorative healing 8, stabilize = 1 point
- Magical Constructs: Create 15, continuous, precise = 1 point
- Spirit Blast: ranged damage 14 (resisted by will), accurate 2, homing 2 = 1 point
Mystic Field: impervious protection 15, flight 7 (250mph) = 44 points
- Astral Projection: remote sensing 22 (visual, auditory, mental), side effect 2 (physical body is defenseless & immobile during use), subtle (mystic senses), feature 1 (optionally perceptible) = 1 point
Prime Magus' blessings: immunity 11 (aging, life support) = 11 points
Mystic senses: senses 4 (magic awareness, acute, analytical, radius) = 4 points
Equipment = 20/20 points
The Sanctuary = 20 points total
- Huge Size = 3 points
- Toughness 10 = 2 points
- Features: communications, defense system, infirmary, isolated, laboratory, library, living space, personnel (wisps), dimensional portal (mystic dimensions), power system, security system 2 (DC25 magic), self-repair, teleport (affects others only), workshop = 15 points
Advantages: accurate attack, artificer, equipment 4, fearless, power attack, ritualist, skill mastery (expertise: magic), trance, well-informed = 12 points
Skills: Athletics 0 (-1), Close Combat: Unarmed 0 (+3), Deception 0 (+0), Expertise: Magic 11 (+15), Expertise: Magic Lore 6 (+10), insight 2 (+8), intimidation 0 (+0), investigation 4 (+8), perception 4 (+10), persuasion 0 (+0), Ranged combat: Magic 8 (+10), sleight of hand 3 (+5), stealth 0 (+1), treatment 0 (+0) = 19 points
Defense = 38 points
Abilities: 30 + Powers: 111 + Advantages: 12 + Skills: 19 + Defenses: 38 = 210/210 points
||Range, Damage 18 (DC33)
Magic: [Magic] Kayla is one of the most powerful mages on Earth and has a repertoire of powerful spells at her command. The spells she is best at are...
- Magic Blast: [Magic] [Different Elements] Powerful magical energies of many different elements that Kayla can make manifest from anywhere within her sight, catching her opponents unawares.
- Dispel Magic: [Magic] Kayla is capable of dispelling other magics.
- Ghost Hands: [Magic] Kayla is capable of remotely grabbing moving objects, only those with senses that grant awareness of magic can tell that she is commanding ghostly hands to manipulate these objects.
- Restorative Magic: [Magic] [Life] Healing magic that is capable of healing the living.
- Magical Constructs: [Magic] Sigils, runes, and glyphs weave together in intricate patterns to create objects that Kayla can envision. These last until she dispels them herself.
- Spirit Blast: [Magic] [Spirit] Rather than magic blasts that damage the body this blast targets the spirit to damage foes.
Mystic Field: [Magic] [Protective] [Movement] This magical aura envelops Kayla, protecting her from physical harm and allowing her flight.
- Astral Projection: [Magic] [Spirit] Kayla can separate her spirit from her body, allowing her to wander without the constraints of her physical body.
Prime Magus' blessings: [Divine] Until the day she anoints her successor the Prime Magus shall not die of natural causes.
Mystic senses: [Magic] Kayla is attuned to magic in such a way as to be able to identify any magic in her vicinity.
Motivation - Thrills: As a hedonist Kayla believes in living life for happiness and for giving happiness to others.
Responsibility: The Prime Magus is responsible of safe-guarding Earth from more mystical threats.
Reputation: Her flippancy and hedonism can send the wrong message.
Other complications pending setting
Magus Backstory (Basic)
At one point many different pantheons of many different gods and goddesses were worshiped by mankind, there too was a time they could travel to Earth freely. However their presence on Earth often left great changes, not all of them benign, in their wake and their many wars between the pantheons, and even amongst themselves, was a threat to mankind. Eventually a group branded as heretics of faith gathered their power and rose up. Though no match for the Gods in a true test of mystical might they still got the attention of the Gods and made them realize the effect their presence had in the world where their worshipers lived. And so the mortal mages helped forge a complicated series of pacts and agreements that would limit the influence of the Gods on Earth, including one concession to empower a mortal agent, one who stood directly for the mortals, to act as overseer of these treaties and protect Earth from mystical threats: The Prime Magus. The last Prime Magus was the mythological Merlin, who when betrayed by his pupil sealed the majority of his power with him in his tomb. It would not be for hundreds of years that another mage would inherit the title when she deciphered the secret of Merlin's tomb and was deemed worthy to carry on the legacy of the Prime Magus. Now from her mountain temple Kayla watches over the world, and when time allows her takes her extended time to enjoy life.