Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Black Dragon Rising

OPA Belta

Re: OOC: Black Dragon Rising

Quote Originally Posted by Ser heretic View Post
    I wasn't sure if you wanted to continue talking about Pinkmaiden at length, so I went ahead and accelerated the other part of the plot that relates to Quinton. My latest IC should bring you up to speed. You can consider Timon to have heard everything, even the dialogue that precedes the group walking over to Roote and Timon.

This is definitely a big cross-plot intersection!

Also, I meant to have Roote give you the go-ahead to interrogate Joren in the Pinkmaiden post. His only condition is that he wants to listen in and maybe ask questions as well.
    Well that works well for me, since I was hoping to use Roote as the good cop to Timon's bad cop. I imagine Joren has no illusions about his fate once Timon gets his hands on him - it's a matter of when, not if he'll hang. But he seemed pretty unimpressed with Roote, so he might believe that he could play Roote and find some sort of clemency in return for giving us the information we want. Also, he's heavily wounded - possibly dying - so hopefully he won't see much use in trying to deliberately mislead us.

OPA Belta

Sorry for the slow response - I had this flagged to reply to but life got in the way.

I think I may have read Ser Timon correctly, but if that was not the implication, I'd be curious to find out.

OPA Belta

Close enough. IC, Timon's pretty sure that Hayford is "spying" insofar as he's been asking questions about town, but he's not sure whether Hayford is just very direct (since he's apparently not been very subtle in his questioning) or if he's working a more cunning angle in some fashion. So what he wanted from Quinton was an opinion as to Hayford's character, since Quinton appears to be the person in the room who knows him best. Timon's takeaway from Quinton's response is that Hayford is probably a no nonsense loyalist and that it's likely that he attacked the singer for the reasons that Timon suggested. After all, the singer was singing the same tune earlier and Hayford did nothing then.

OOC, I felt it was about time to find a way to involve Quinton more directly in Timon's activities.

OPA Belta

Crap. Got sidetracked by the Easter weekend. Aiming to get an IC post up tomorrow evening.

OPA Belta

IC post is up. Shorter than I intended, but I realized I don't know the answer to two pertinent questions:

1. Is there a dungeon or something similar in the tower where we can interrogate Joren undisturbed?

2. Is it a good idea OOC for Quinton to tag along on the interrogation - to keep the group the together and let him become directly involved in the counterfeiting plot? Or are there events afoot that will focus directly on him right now?

OPA Belta

To answer your questions, Roote doesn't have a dungeon--the corner of the tower is private enough as long as everyone keeps their voice down, though you'll still be visible to others.

I think it's a good idea to include Quinton, given his knowledge of Joren's activities with the miller and Ferret. It also presents a natural opportunity for Quinton to further impress Quinton with his competence, helping cement the relationship between the two.

OPA Belta

Rax, if you don't mind, why don't you go ahead and pose? Quinton will follow, but I think you're in a better position to direct the scene at present than Quinton is. It'll give him something to react to now that Lord Roote has given his permission.

OPA Belta

Just checking in - is everyone busy or has my IC post gone unnoticed? I'm usually the one who's slow to post...

OPA Belta

Haha I was waiting for Jewdebega to roll initiative, but maybe I should have made that more explicit!

OPA Belta

My apologies - been trying to catch up with RL lately. IC response posted and intrigue initiative rolled. Let me know if I need to make any adjustments or if I misinterpreted anything.