Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: OOC: Black Dragon Rising

Keeper of Secrets

Re: OOC: Black Dragon Rising

With Vlad's family getting mentioned in a narrative...could it be that they may make an appearance?

They could be a potentially powerful ally. Depending on the rolls and background that is.

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by squadfather40 View Post
    With Vlad's family getting mentioned in a narrative...could it be that they may make an appearance?

They could be a potentially powerful ally. Depending on the rolls and background that is.
    Maybe. As always, the game is something of a sandbox, so you could seek them out. However, Vlad left them under less-than-favorable circumstances, so there are definitely obstacles to making them an ally.

Keeper of Secrets

@Ser heretic
    I'm thinking about how to proceed with the interrogations, but haven't settled on a specific tactic yet. I'm also going to be quite busy in the next couple of days, so I don't know when I'll be able to get an IC post up.

I do know that Timon will want to wring as much information as possible out of the rebel leader and Captain Longpalm, to try and start mapping out the contours of the conspiracy. Things like where they were going with the mint and who they were carrying it for, as well as who was to receive it and how they were to make certain that it had been delivered to the right person or place. He'll also still want the full details on what happened with Nolla and Holly.

The main aim is to try and build a solid case with useful info that can be passed on to Bloodraven, without him suspecting House Leyburn of any involvement in the plot itself. I had considered channelling our intelligence through Lord Tully, but as you say, it would be hard to tell who at his court could be trusted. Not sure right now who we could approach and in what way.

One possibility I'm considering is turning Longpalm and/or the rebel, threatening or convincing them to spy for Timon instead. Longpalm, at least, could prove a useful addition to Timon's spy network, independent of any connection he may have to the planned rebellion.

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Ser heretic View Post
    Maybe. As always, the game is something of a sandbox, so you could seek them out. However, Vlad left them under less-than-favorable circumstances, so there are definitely obstacles to making them an ally.
    Indeed, I know the story we created with the father and brothers, but I never really touched on the other parts of his family.

The ball is in your court though. Despite them blackballing the dad...they could have easily considered Vlad an outsider as well.

I'm sure you've got a couple ideas..