Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC: Black Dragon Rising

OPA Belta

Re: OOC: Black Dragon Rising (recruiting)

It seems fair to take turns, so we can all share the blame.

A quickie question though - how many historical events are we rolling? You write that we're an ancient house, but you rolled a 6 for First Founding, which in my book should make us a new house (and in fact a house founded well after the campaign date).

If our resources end up really terrible we can always take up Ser heretic's offer of a fix - perhaps convert all the initial resource rolls to the average results and apply our individual and historical rolls from there.

How's your character coming along, BTW? Have you decided what age category he'll be? It's looking like my character will most likely be middle aged, and a direct member of the family. If you're still set on playing an adult or young adult, I could see myself playing an uncle of yours. Also, as head of the house, are you set on taking direct control of managing the house and thus making our House Fortunes rolls? If not, a couple of my concepts have the room to be a passable steward.

Oh, and here's my first contribution to our historical events:
    Historical Event: 3d6 15 = Villain (Influence +1d6, Law -1d6, Population -1d6, Power +1d6)
    Influence +1d6: 1d6 3
    Law: 1d6 6
    Population: 1d6 4
    Power: 1d6 2

Hmm, I gotta say that orokos really seems to be stiffing us. All positives are low, all negatives high.

Defense 17

Influence 15

Lands 31

Law 12

Population 38

Power 20

Wealth 15
    Last edited by rax; 08-14-2016 at 11:42 AM.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    It seems fair to take turns, so we can all share the blame.

A quickie question though - how many historical events are we rolling? You write that we're an ancient house, but you rolled a 6 for First Founding, which in my book should make us a new house (and in fact a house founded well after the campaign date).

If our resources end up really terrible we can always take up Ser heretic's offer of a fix - perhaps convert all the initial resource rolls to the average results and apply our individual and historical rolls from there.

How's your character coming along, BTW? Have you decided what age category he'll be? It's looking like my character will most likely be middle aged, and a direct member of the family. If you're still set on playing an adult or young adult, I could see myself playing an uncle of yours. Also, as head of the house, are you set on taking direct control of managing the house and thus making our House Fortunes rolls? If not, a couple of my concepts have the room to be a passable steward.

Oh, and here's my first contribution to our historical events:
    Historical Event: 3d6 15 = Villain (Influence +1d6, Law -1d6, Population -1d6, Power +1d6)
    Influence +1d6: 1d6 3
    Law: 1d6 6
    Population: 1d6 4
    Power: 1d6 2

Hmm, I gotta say that orokos really seems to be stiffing us. All positives are low, all negatives high.

Defense 17

Influence 15

Lands 31

Law 12

Population 38

Power 20

Wealth 15
    We only got one event, so fortunately we won't be needing that second event
    I wish to add 1d6 to law: 1d6 1... It seems Orokos really don't want us to succeed.
    I think that it's good that we have so few resources, it leaves us with plenty of room for improvement. I vote for that we should just stick with what the dice gives us.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Laughin barrel View Post
    We only got one event, so fortunately we won't be needing that second event
    Really, where did David write that? I can't see that he makes any note of how many events he rolled, but he ends his post with the following:
    I am happy to continue, but perhaps somebody not named Dave might have better luck.
    That seems an odd thing to say if there's nothing more to do.

UN Basic Recipient

Sorry! Sometimes my brain functions on par with an amoeba! It doesn't help that I'm a foreigner either...
    Our founding gives us 1d6-2 events.
    How many events: 1d6-2 -1 gives us -1 event, however, we get a minimum of 1 event per the rules.

OPA Belta

Sorry, but now I'm completely confused.

Did you just roll to see how many events we got? I thought David was doing that, since he started rolling out the events after determning our founding.

UN Basic Recipient

I thought that he only rolled for age... Now I'm confused
    I'll just wait for David to return... I've created enough confusion for one day!

Protomolecule Host David Rosenberg's Avatar

<smacks forehead!!>

So I think I rolled the 6 - "New House" and either reversed table, or mistook the 1 that rolled for the power addition for the age and thought "6" was the number of events.

Maybe the GM should tell us how many events/more events/set the house stats.

Sorry about the mass confusion.

<mumbling to himself> "....maybe I should not be HoH....."

OPA Belta

Instead of trying to retrace where we went wrong, let's just start over from scratch.

Founding roll: 1d6 6.

Sounds like a recent founding again. Note that since we're starting before the war of the usurper, a "New" house would be one founded after/during the Blackfyre rebellion. Certainly interesting.

Whoever rolls next should roll 1d6-2 for number of events. We'll roll individual events from there.

UN Basic Recipient

1d6-2 house events: 1d6-2 0
    No mercy from the dice this time around either... We'll get one house event, hopefully rolled by someone who can scramble up a bit of luck

OPA Belta

Well...nuts. With the luck I've had so far, I'll pass and let someone else take a stab at rolling our house event.