Page 448 of 450 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450 LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 4494

Thread: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

Re: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Ysariel View Post
    Qora
    Downtown Apartment

While you're not quite the image of a hacker, Sparky is able to find you some interesting nuggets about Motherboard and the Cybertribe -- mainly that they consider themselves Robin Hood-style do-gooders, striking against the establishment for the greater good. They frequently clash with corporations around Silicon Alley and their security forces (Amethyst notably has no less than three dates ruined by their attacks, to the point tabloids are speculating how many men still dare to date a high-risk personality), although this has also won them a small but dedicated fanbase. Most people familiar with them do not actually know what you do, that the Cybertribe are really children.

It's lunchtime. you're attending to business at your new property: A few tradespeople are working on the plumbing and installing light fixtures, Steven is getting his workspace set up, and of course, there are explosions. BOOM!

"THE SILVER BANSHEES SOUND THE CRIES OF THE VENGEFUL DEAD!" you hear someone thunder through a loudhailer, and you can hear the whine of the Banshees' jet-turbine battlesuits. "TO THE ALIEN FILTH KNOWN AS QORA TANA, COME OUT THIS INSTANT, HANDS OVER YOUR HEAD, AND YOUR HUMAN CONSPIRATORS WILL BE SPARED. REFUSE, AND DIE IN AGONY!"

Another explosion as the speaker fires her sonic cannon into the air as a warning shot. You can already hear screams as people on the street scramble to get out of the way of an imminent super-battle.

OOC
    You begin with 2 HP for writing an interlude.

Motherboard actually will not be relevant this adventure, but I will follow up on your investigation in a later post.

I trigger your ET go home! complication, and the Silver Banshees have deployed warpspace disruptors (Nullify teleport 10). You must pass a DC 20 Will check to use your Warpstep (make only 1 check and the results last the entire scene).

You choose how to approach the situation, and the occupants of the building generally obey your instructions. If you take any hostile action, or exit the building without hands over your head, the Silver Banshees attack immediately; roll initiative. You can make a Perception check without exiting to determine how many Banshees there are.

You can also do anything you consider reasonable.
    Qora
    HP 3 Condition fine

will: _: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15

"Be calm," Qora says to the plumbers, "Steven, run the standard villain evacuation procedure to see that every one is out, no one panic, I will deal with this."

inwardly, Qora fumes. the Banshees have upgraded their interdiction software, forcing her hand, or rather feet as she calmly makes her way down a fire stairwell before reaching the lobby and walking out the front door

"this had better be important," she says, arms above her head, mostly to stretch them out, but she keeps them up as per the ultimatum. "and for future reference, this is the sort of thing that's supposed to be cleared through my secretary in advance"

Kisai

It is Adrian Eldritch, until very recently Earth's Master Mage. Also until very recently believed deceased, until he showed up to help you deal with Jasmine.

"Come," he says. "Let's go for a walk."
    Philip lets out a heavy sigh. He looks down at the bag of dog bisuits and grunts. He had hoped to find Gelert and do something... it didn't matter what. He just always felt better being around the dog, and he could really use some of that now. The cookies weren't a bribe, just payment for making him feel better.

With the exception of one night - which Celeste made clear was a one time thing, Philip hasn't been able to shake the depression since he first found out what Jasmine was doing, and what he would have to do to stop her. Add on the fact he used her true name - something she gave him as the ultimate sign of trust - to bind her away from this dimension for at least a century because he didn't think he was strong enough to fight her again and again.

He walks downstairs and to the stairs and opens the door.

"Sure. Why not?"

Re: Adventures Assemble S2E2: Return to Dakana

Moonlight
    Flagship Island

After using Baako's paraphernalia to ritually establish yourself as the leader of his beast-men, you send them to lead peaceful lives far from the Dakanans. Upon returning to Phoenix Bay, learning English with Gelert and training in the crashed battleship occupy most of your time, with the exception of a few days you spent visiting several NASA laboratories. Your visits, however, bore no fruit. Human science -- even super-science -- has yet to find a way home for you.

You are out taking an evening walk after training on the deck of Lord Steel's crashed battleship (now your HQ). Seabirds overfly the rusting hull, a ship's horn sounds in the distance, and waves lap at the sand scattered across the main deck. And then, something unusual happens. A chill wind blows, and you sense it: there is something unsettling in the air, and...

Three figures step out to confront you, emerging simultaneously from behind launch chutes, corners and gun turrets. They from a roughly equilateral triangle about you. One is a young woman in a black jacket, leather shorts and crop top. The second is a lean, bare-chested man in his late twenties wearing green silk trousers embroidered with dragon designs. The last, and obviously the leader, wears a white trenchcoat and bodysuit beneath. All three of the wear masks, but the woman in white's is the most ornate, with floral patterns that suggest a rose. There's no sign of how they might have got here.

"You," the woman in white asks in a neutral tone. "You are a friend of Nightbird, are you not?"

None of the other Champions at at the base right now; you are alone on the ship.

OOC
    You start with 2 HP for writing an interlude.

I trigger your stranger in a strange land complication and due to your unfamiliarity with human ways, you don't get an Insight check to judge whether her intent is hostile or benign; gain 1 HP.

You can answer however you wish, or refuse to answer by saying nothing. You can also do whatever you feel is reasonable.
    Moonlight
    HP: 3 LP: 1
    Condition: Fine

Aranel loved this kind of evening, the wind blowing through her hair and the stars in the sky. So who are these people to come and ruin it! "Nightbird is my friend and I will allow no harm to come to her. Now tell me how you got here and what your business with her is before I become truly enraged at having my quiet night interrupted!" The very air began to swirl around Aranel tightly, she wouldn't initiate hostilities but would be prepared to defend herself if needed.

Nightbird
    HP: 2
    Condition: Normal

Sometimes Imogen wondered just how gullible some people were, Blackhawk was going to nuke the city, she even pressed the button to set off her bomb and yet after a couple of "yes sir I will do what you say, please, I'm sorry and thank-yous" she was deemed low risk, moved out of Deep 6 and surprise surprise blew a hole in the wall of her new prison to escape. Just because Blackhawk couldn't fly, shoot lasers from her eyes or bend a steel bar in two it didn't mean she was any less dangerous for having no powers, personally Imogen felt it made Blackhawk even more dangerous and now she had to find that nut-job again.

After parking her motorcycle on the top of a nearby warehouse Imogen looked down at one of the more rundown bars in Whatley's Folly the aptly named "One Last Pint" which from her inquires over the last couple of days seemed to have piqued Blackhawk's interest. She still couldn't help but smile about how one of the guys she had politely asked last night had complained about the fact she had given him a second black eye after already giving him one the previous night, all she could say was that his face was too pretty and needed balance and if she was honest, yes he did have a very pretty face and she would kill to have his eyelashes.

Still watching the bar, Imoegn readied herself to move. If it wasn't Blackhawk she was hunting Imogen would probably have entered the bar in civvies but Blackhawk had met her in the past and even though she was 2 sandwiches short of a picnic the woman wasn't an idiot and could recognise her face.

Taking advantage of some clouds crossing the face of the moon Imogen made her way into the bar.

OOC

Nightbird is in costume and will use Stealth Mastery +24 to enter the bar. Her motorcycle is parked on the roof of a nearby warehouse.

OPA Belta

Gelert
    Bernard Clairvaux Medical Center

It's a bittersweet moment: 12-year old Jessica's speech impediment and general anxiety disorder have improved by leaps and bounds after undergoing therapy with you, but now that she is able to lead a normal life again you will likely not see her very often. She's come to Bernard Clairvaux where you work to throw a small party in your honor, and there is cake and donuts.
    Gelert was always happy when a patient got better, even if it meant he didn't get to see one of his friends as often any more. This was why he had people set up an email and social media page for him so he could keep in touch with all his hospital friends once they got better.

Before anyone can get a slice of cake you hear a ruckus outside. Your doggy ears pick up shouts of "Hey! You're not allowed in there!" and "No running in the hallways!". A second later, the door bursts open. It is Simon, the young Lor refugee who brought you the strange, drill-shaped device that*downloaded information on the Incarnates into your device.

"Gelert! Gelert!" he gasps. "I've been looking all over for you. Something terrible has happened!"

"I overheard some people at the refugee center the other day.," he explains. "They were talking about weapons and arming themselves. Gelert, I don't know what they're up to, but it sounds dangerous. I can bring you to them. Please talk them out of this!"
    Concerned Gelert is concerned. "That definitely sounds like the build up to something terrible. Hopefully we can avoid that. Simon I need you to tell me everything you can remember about what you heard."

Ever since Phoenix Bay was declared a Sanctuary City, aliens from across the nation (and the stars) have been gathering here, and currently they are mostly housed in a large container park to the city's east near Liberty Port. That's the refugee center Simon is talking about.

"I'm coming too," Jessica says.

"Absolutely not," one of the hospital staff puts his foot down. "It's too dangerous!"

"But he gets to go!" she points a Simon.

"I LIVE there!"

They squabble on and on.
    Gelert addresses the squabbling children. "Jessica, I'm sorry I have to leave so soon but you can't come along. This could be dangerous. In fact if I didn't need directions and information about the situation, I'd probably ask Simon to stay here too. As much as I'm going to miss our regular sessions the last thing in the universe that I would want is one of my friends to end up stuck in the hospital. So please stay here where its safe."

Turning to the extra-terrestrial boy Gelert said "Come on you can tell me everything on the way."

OOC
    You can leave immediately and/or question Simon further, either here or on the way there. If you approach the refugee center (located near Liberty port, so a short flight across the Bay itself), decide whether you approach openly (no checks) or without being seen (Stealth check).
    Gelert feels that this is a potentially delicate situation and wants to avoid drawing a ton of attention to it, no sense causing a panic. So rather than just flying right up to the refugee center he lands a little ways away and just walks the rest of the way with Simon. Inconspicuously. Just a boy and a dog walking to the center, nothing exciting to see here.

OOC: Stealth (+12): [5]+12=17

Qora
    Downtown Apartment

The plumbers and electricians exchange looks. Steven swallows worriedly and nods. "There's a basement tunnel leading to an old air raid shelter across the street," he says to them, waving them towards a stairwell. "Follow me!"

As you exit into bright midday sunlight, you see there are no less than eight Silver Banshees hovering about the apartment building. Sparky chirps at your side, and you see that a spherical drone, apparently unarmed, is hovering in the air dead center above the apartment building, about 30ft above the roof. You can't be completely sure of its function, but it's a safe bet that it's projecting the warpspace jammer field. Elsewhere, passers-by are scrambling for cover and vehicles are hurriedly swerving out of the way or backing up into safety; a few people abandon their cars in the middle of the street.

"YOUR SECRETARY," thunders what is apparently the leader of the Banshees, "IS A HUMAN CONSPIRATOR BEING SPARED ONLY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR COOPERATION. FOR YOUR INVOLVEMENT IN THE DESIGNATION OF PHOENIX BAY AS A 'SANCTUARY' FOR ALIENS, YOU ARE HEREBY SENTENCED TO THE JUSTICE OF THE PEOPLE! RESTRAIN HER!"

Two of the banshees land and walk towards you, holding what look like extremely heavy-duty manacles: they look as if they could handcuff an elephant. They move to put your arms and legs in the restraints!

Assessment
    The Silver Banshees are all PL 9 minions, except for the leader (holding loudhailer), who is a PL 11 minion.

The 2 Banshees holding the restraints are close enough to get with a melee takedown attack, but the remaining 6 are hovering far enough apart that they aren't.

Expertise: Courtly Intrigue 5
    You believe you see why the Banshees are not attacking at once. They want to make a grand spectacle out of this, and likely have some kind of elaborate execution or mock trial planned.

OOC
    You can let the Silver Banshees put the restrains on you without resisting.

Alternately, you can resist: roll initiative (the banshees roll 15, so if you beat that, you can also post your action for round 1). The Banshees expect you to fight, so neither side gets a surprise round.

Kisai
    Happy Science

Eldritch looks at you as you open the door, opens his mouth to say something, then closes it. His eyes are gentle.

"You look like hell," he speaks at last. "I came here to talk to you, but... do you want to talk? Perhaps about the incident last time we met?"

He means Jasmine, naturally.

Kisai

"What's there to talk about," Philip says as he follows the Master Mage. "She crossed a line... in a very bad way. I was supposed to keep her from doing that. I failed, so I had to stop her."

There is a depressing resolve in Philip's voice. Like if he had to do it over again a thousand times, he would do it the same each and every time.

And hate himself more and more each and every time.

"But you didn't come all this way to discuss my relationship matters. How can I help you?"

Qora

"YOUR SECRETARY," thunders what is apparently the leader of the Banshees, "IS A HUMAN CONSPIRATOR BEING SPARED ONLY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR COOPERATION. FOR YOUR INVOLVEMENT IN THE DESIGNATION OF PHOENIX BAY AS A 'SANCTUARY' FOR ALIENS, YOU ARE HEREBY SENTENCED TO THE JUSTICE OF THE PEOPLE! RESTRAIN HER!"

Two of the banshees land and walk towards you, holding what look like extremely heavy-duty manacles: they look as if they could handcuff an elephant. They move to put your arms and legs in the restraints!
    Qora goes along with this ridiculous display for the time being, her attitude one of annoyance, but she knows better than to risk harm to civilians on her doorstep

"Let us get this over with" she sighs, "It will at the least give me reason to cancel my one o'clock with Roxtar, whom while a proudly boorish lout, had the courtesy to call and schedule ahead like a civilized being"

Moonlight
    Flagship Island

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    "Nightbird is my friend and I will allow no harm to come to her. Now tell me how you got here and what your business with her is before I become truly enraged at having my quiet night interrupted!"
    "Oooh, she's full of spunk," sneers the young woman in black. "You better hope Nightbird feels the same way about you, elf. You're not gonna stay useful to us very long otherwise."

"We should've gone after the dog," growls the man in green. "A housepet dependent upon a sorcerous trinket to fight is easily dispatched."

The girl in black cocks her head. "What, the mighty Jade Dragon, skeeeered of a little challenge? Picking on puppies? No wonder Killpatrick kicked your ass and it's still sore after all those years."

Jade Dragon does not rise to the bait. "He and I were like you, once: stupid, rash and prideful. I have since learned to consider naught else but victory."

"Silence!" roars the woman in white. "Nyx, Jade Dragon, restrain her."

They advance on you. The wind about them quivers and trembles with the tension of their hostile intent, not that they make any attempt to conceal it. "Not a scratch," the woman in white reminds them. "I want her in good condition to use as a bargaining chip."

OOC
    The villains attack. You cannot be taken by surprise, so initiative is rolled and the two villains go first.

Both Nyx and the Jade Dragon are rogues: minions who suffer the maximum fail condition on failing resistance checks by 2 or more degrees, and automatically escape if incapacitated by damage.

Nyx is the first to attack, breaking into a run, her feet completely silent on the metal surface of the main deck. "Surprise," she breathes as she lunges forward at you at point-blank range, swinging a fist at your face -- but at the last moment, her fingers fly open to release a fistful of black powder! Your mouth and nose instantly fill with a choking sensation: poison dust!

The Jade Dragon circles both of you, body crouched low in a combat stance but making no move to attack. Instead he observes you with an intensity in his dark eyes that is terrifying to behold.

OOC
    Nyx advances to close range as a Move action and uses Poison dust on you as a Standard action. Power attacking for 3, she just barely hits your parry 10. Make a DC 21 Fort check vs Affliction [Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated]. This Affliction is cumulative.

Jade Dragon advances to a distance of 20ft from you and uses Eye of the Dragon on you as a Standard action.
    Perception range so hits automatically
    Make a Parry check vs DC 20. This power is Insidious, so you don't know what it does.

Turn Order
    23 Nyx (rogue)
    22 Jade Dragon (rogue)

15 Moonlight *

You are up!