Page 445 of 446 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446 LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 4455

Thread: Adventures Assemble S2E2: Return to Dakana

Re: Adventures Assemble S2E2: Return to Dakana

Nightbird
    HP: 2
    Condition: Bruise x5

Trying to look more composed than what she was feeling Imogen asked "And what is the prognosis?"

Amethyst
    Condition: -2, Fatigued, HP: 0

"Really?" Amethyst perks. "That's fantastic! Nothing will need to be killed, and the people here will be safe. Let's do what you say."

She waits for Moonlight to finish dealing with the shrine and, once done, departs for the village together.

Arriving at the village on a trail of blue light, Amethyst barely has time to greet Nightbird, Gelert and Qora before what Amarey says grabs her attention. "Hang on," she quickly says. Together with Amy, she explains what they found in Baako's lair: the research notes, and how the root Baako took was used to replace the alien DNA in the formula, producing the super-serum that strengthened Baako.

"With this knowledge," Amy finishes, "and perhaps, with the root, it may be possible to devise a more thorough cure that will reverse Liam's condition. Assuming you approve."

"We even have samples of the stuff used to make the serum," Amethyst adds.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by kenseido View Post
    All

Everything wrapped up, you all arrive back at the village near the temple. Outside the healer's hut, you find Amarey.

She approaches you. "I am sorry about your friend. Even the refined root is not enough to help him with his condition."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliam View Post

Battered and bruised Imogen looks shocked at Amarey's words

"Are you sure? You haven't missed something ... anything"

"No Liam its just not fair ..."
    Quote Originally Posted by kenseido View Post
    All

"I'm sorry. This disease has progressed rapidly in the past few months, and he has been over extending himself by using his powers to restore his mobility."
    "Oh No...Oh Dear... Oh No." Gelert whimpers before he steels himself. He's not willing to give up just yet, but he is all too aware that sometimes people cannot be saved. If it came to that, well Gelert would do the only thing he could and try to ease one friend's passing and other friends grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysariel View Post

Arriving at the village on a trail of blue light, Amethyst barely has time to greet Nightbird, Gelert and Qora before what Amarey says grabs her attention. "Hang on," she quickly says. Together with Amy, she explains what they found in Baako's lair: the research notes, and how the root Baako took was used to replace the alien DNA in the formula, producing the super-serum that strengthened Baako.

"With this knowledge," Amy finishes, "and perhaps, with the root, it may be possible to devise a more thorough cure that will reverse Liam's condition. Assuming you approve."

For a moment Gelert's glow intensified. It wasn't hopeless, they weren't out of cards to play yet. "This is over my head in terms of science-y stuff but it sounds like an avenue worth pursuing, especially if all others so far have failed."

"Our thanks that you have done your best," Qora says, making an emphatic mental note to get Liam to Oziri in the near future

Moonlight

Aranel could only watch and listen, she didn't know Liam but he was a friend of her new friends. Some of what was said flew right over her head, science was an area in which she lacked, but she understood he had an illness. If Gelert couldn't heal him she hoped that Amethyst scientific skills could find the answer. "We all can only do our best and nothing more. If one solution doesn't work, you try another and keep trying until you get the result you need. I hope the sample you have works, Amethyst."

Nightbird

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst

Maybe she was grasping at straws but if Gelert couldn't heal Liam and well Aranel did suggest keep on trying, then what about

"Michelle what would happen if Liam drank this new serum, would that fix him?"

Amethyst

Amethyst nods at Qora and Moonlight and cracks her knuckles. "I'm not Danfield. Mutagenics and neuroscience aren't my specialties... but I stood by once while friends died around me, and swore to myself, never again. If I can't save Liam here, I'll stabilize him enough that we can get him to someone who can." Dakana's medical technology was exceptional, she remembered. There are still hope yet.

She can't help but think back on Liam's long, tortured past. Raised by a madman who gave his life to fun research into a cure, long years in darkness with the caged Beykin for company, experimented on by the amoral savant Danfield, exploited by Bester and his corrupt Psi-Ops division... Liam was a poster boy for the power of science in the wrong hands. It was almost as if some cosmic being had put him here to deliver the Dakanans a warning as they began to open up to the modern world.

Amethyst shakes her head at what Nightbird says. "Baako used it to turn himself into a super roided out animal person. I don't think drinking the serum directly would be healthy... but the way the powdered root was used to replace the alien DNA might give us insight into what was done to Liam." She turns to Araney. "I need somewhere clean to work."

OOC
    Amethyst will make an Expertise: Science check to determine what options there are for curing or stabilizing Liam, and what consequences may result from each.
    AA Amethyst expertise: Science: 1D20+15 = [3]+15 = 18

Amethyst

Liam's condition is stable enough for now, though it is deteriorating rapidly. He has weeks left at most.

M'Balla unlocks the alien spacecraft for Michelle to work. While many of the labs are a mystery in their function, they do provide a clean space for her to work.

Using the notes and the materials collected from Baako's "lab", Michelle can easily put together a refined formula which will perform like the original formula Liam's father gave him, without the risk of mutation or neural degredation.

Nightbird

"Thank you Michelle." Imogen replied knowing if there was any hope for Liam then her teammates would find it.

Amethyst

Amethyst gives Nightbird a reassuring smile. By hook or by crook, they will figure out something.

Standing by a makeshift table, support drones floating about her in the cold sterile space as they distill chemicals and operate centrifuges, Amethyst wishes that one day she could come back here to explore the alien ship and all its mysteries. But for now there is no time to indulge her curiosity. Working off the notes left in Baako's lair, she figures out the flaws in the formula that the original Locust, working under conditions that were hardly ideal, had introduced. And the leftovers of Baako's serum stash contained highly refined samples of the root that could replace the mutagenic elements in the cure that caused Liam's neural degradation. She really is glad she hadn't blown up all this stuff to make really sure it wouldn't get stolen. One couldn't err too far on the side of caution, either.

Eventually she emerges from the ship holding a syringe. The gel-like liquid within glows neon blue. "I did it! Now let's see if this will work." But the look on her face already says she knows it will.

She had never been happy with that day long ago when she'd had to grudgingly get Danfield's help to save Liam because she didn't have the ability to do it herself. But today she was stronger, and there would be no deals with an amoral researcher who saw in Liam's suffering another experiment. All the years of abuse of science ended here.

She walks over and carefully injects it into Liam.