Page 420 of 420 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 4200

Thread: Adventures Assemble S2E2: Return to Dakana

Re: Adventures Assemble S2E1: Twenty Thousand Villains Under the Sea!

Qora's eyes literally light up

"Magnetic resonance," she reminds her teammates. "Once we are outside, if they are near, I will see them."

Amethyst
    Condition: Normal, HP: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Qora View Post
    "If they are well-intentioned as you say," Qora points out, "Going after Baako may be the next part of their diversion, as we would surely prioritize ending his greater threat over what ultimately amounts to mere theft."
    "Good point," Amethyst concedes, pulling her suit goggles on and untying her hair. "But we don't have enough leads to go right after Cybertribe right now, unless someone has a way of luring them out, or our assassin coughs up some confessions. I'm hoping that we'll find some clues pointing to them at Baako's -- or they'll come out and play while we're gone. We should keep alert and be ready to come back at a moment's notice if needed. I'm sure Liam will let us know if anything fishy crops up." She nods at Liam.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelert View Post
    "Why do People like that always think that rejecting technology and stuff that make life less difficult is somehow a 'truer' lifestyle? Its that Anti-vax nonsense all over again." Gelert grumbled. " Like if I just went and lived in the wilderness somewhere without my ring not only would that not be a 'truer' life but it would probably be a much shorter one."
    Amy's drone rotates to focus on the Corgi. "As a machine, I believe in the good that technology can bring, but consider what Baako's point of view might be," the AI says. "Have you read a story called 'The Pearl', Gelert? Its moral was how greed and self-interest can turn great treasure into a curse. It is not unreasonable that some might ask: what have the alien ship and the Daka crystals brought their nation, but plunderers and thieves the likes of SHADOW? It is up to us to show his supporters that the ship is a gift that can empower them, not a lure for foreign oppressors."

Quote Originally Posted by Qora View Post
    "Magnetic resonance," she reminds her teammates. "Once we are outside, if they are near, I will see them."
    "Terrific!" Amethyst has finished changing out of her formal clothes and suited up, surrounded by floating holographic screens as she does a systems check. "They'll probably take some anti-radar precautions, but they won't be prepared for this. Or Gelert's trusty nose. Let's head out and find us his animal farm."

Moonlight
    HP: 2 LP: 1
    Condition: Normal

"Very well, let's go and teach this brute a lesson. To attack during a funeral, let alone one for the deceased ruler whose son has taken the crown, is a vile act. Back home the minimum punishment for such an act was banishment." Lifted into the air on a swirling cloud of air, Aranel was ready to follow her allies. She also was curious how much like the forest back home these jungles are.

Re: Adventures Assemble S2E2: Return to Dakana

All

"What do you need from us?"

"A map and anything useful you might know about the area, or better yet, a guide you trust who's familiar with the terrain and can tells us about possible escape routes or ambush points. Gelert, can you ferry all of us there with your force constructs?" Amethyst looks at the Hope Corgi for confirmation.

Nightbird
    HP: 3

"And any idea of what type of forces or creatures Baako has at his disposal would be helpful too." Imogen added as well.

"These creatures," Qora asks, "How recently has Baako had them? Because it is entirely possible that he has allied himself with Doctor Moreau to get them."

All

"We have no written maps of the area, these are some of our hunting grounds. We do not know specifically where to send you, just that this area has more sightings of Baako's animal abominations in this area, so it is reasonable to assume they are somewhere in that area. I can send a hunter with you familiar with the area."

"These abomination walk like men and are more intelligent than animals, but not by much. Some are even capable of rudimentary speech. We have heard Baako has worked with the one called Moreau to create them."

Nightbird
    HP: 3

"The guide will be a great help thanks although it looks like we will be going in blind more or less" Imogen replied then upon hearing on Dr Moreau's involvement had to smile

"That Moreau does get around doesn't he, I wonder if we will bump into some old friends then." thinking back to her last encounter with some of Moreau's creatures on the docks.

"Anything else we need to go first or shall we head off then?"

Amethyst
    Condition: Normal, HP: 2

Amethyst shakes her head no. "Baako's got to have known we'd be coming ages in advance, and had time to cook up all sorts of nasties for us. Let's go ahead carefully and play this one by ear." Without detailed maps, any concrete plans would have to wait until they were in position to survey the area. But between radar, Qora's magnetic vision, Gelert's nose, Nightbird's sharp eyes, and Aranel's omni-elemental bending she was pretty sure they could quickly turn up any underground labs or whatever that Moreau had built.