Page 404 of 404 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404
Results 4,031 to 4,036 of 4036

Thread: Adventures Assemble S2E1: Twenty Thousand Villains Under the Sea!

Re: Adventures Assemble S2E1: Twenty Thousand Villains Under the Sea!

Nightbird
    HP: 4
    Condition: Normal

Not even bothering to move Imogen just raised an eyebrow as the spray of mist soared over her head.

March Hare, Red Flag, Deep Blue (Round 2, i29-20)

March Hare reaches out, but the Indigo Child recovers in time to stare back at her with all the incredible will of a world-class psychic, and his aura flares with renewed power, stopping short her attack with only minor damage. "I am the product of S.P.E.C.T.R.U.M.'s decades-old genetic breeding programme," he declares, adjusting his bloodied tie. "You are... a rabbit. There is no contest between one of your caliber and me."

Opposite him, another struggle is going on as Red Flag blasts the nearest hostage in the head with a flurry of laser bolts from his dual pistols... only to find Qora, too fast for him, right in the way. "Blue," he growls, as smoking battery packs drop out of his guns, "Soften up this alien for me. Make it quick."

The humanoid robot shell turns in Qora's direction. "Do you know that the human brain is much like a computer?" it asks in its mechanical, genderless voice. "Signals from the environment are interpreted by your cortex, translated into physiological responses: fear, arousal, aggression, withdrawal. Our research on engaging the higher functions has yet to bear fruit, but we've discovered how to trigger one very useful function. Apostosis, or rapid cell death." The robot's head swivels up vertically to reveal a computer screen. Incomprehensible patterns of symbols and code flash through it, white on blue, and the alien princess starts to feel a splitting headache -- no mere migraine, but more like a stroke -- come on. "We'll now see if Ozirians and humans are close enough in physiology for this to work."

OOC
    AA Indigo Child Toughness DC 32: 1D20+12-2 = [18]+12-2 = 28
    Failed by 1 degree, another -1 (total -3)

AA Indigo Child Will DC 25: 1D20+15 = [8]+15 = 23
    -2pp, or 1 rank, of Agi. He recovers 1pp per turn starting with the end of his next turn.

Red Flag attempts to use Prismatic Blasters on the next hostage, but Qora is interposing and receives the hit instead:
    AA Red Flag attack, PA 2: 1D20+14-2 = [11]+14-2 = 23
    Hits, but not by enough to get a Multiattack bonus. Qora should make a DC 25 Toughness check vs Damage.

Deep Blue uses Blue Screen of Death on Qora.
    Perception range so hits automatically
    This power is Sense-Dependent. Make a DC 21 Dodge check. If you pass, there is no effect. If you fail, make a DC 21 Fort check vs Weaken Stamina.

Turn Order
    35 Greenlight
    29 March Hare
    24 Red Flag
    20 Deep Blue

19 Qora *
    17 Nightbird
    16 Kisai

15 Indigo Child (-3, Dazed until R2i16, Staggered, -1 Agi)
    14 Yellowjacket

09 Gelert
    05 Agent Orange

Qora is up!

TOU: 1D20+14 = [4]+14 = 18. bruised and dazed
    DODGE: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24. no effect

attack Deep Blue with Blackblade: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28 NATURAL 20! that's a DC 42... yeah, he dead
    The rainbow 7 get in each other's way, as Red Flag's gunshot turns Qora's head in time to avoid looking into Deep Blue's screen. Instead, she instinctively attacks the second threat with what she has, driving Blackblade through the machine in a shower of sparks as its invincible armor butterflies like finely sliced chicken breast

March Hare
    HP: 1 LP: 0
    Condition: Annoyed

Glaring at Indigo Child, he had obviously been raised to believe in his supposed superiority from birth. "Just a rabbit, I'm a human despite my appearance. I'm the current chosen of Wonderland to help defend it and reality from various threats. You are a product of a breeding program, sounds like something the Nazis cooked up with their eugenics programs. And Nazis always lose in the end."

March Hare, Red Flag, Deep Blue (Round 2, i29-20)

The Blackblade's face, etched upon its hilt, grins in fierce glee. "A mere machine cannot withstand my edge! Strike true, princess blue!"

You promptly do so and split the robotic shell of Deep Blue in two like a sashimi chef at work. The two halves of the shattered screen go dark and the two halves fall apart -- one forward, one backward, exposing sparking internals and components -- before the entire contraption detonates in a hail of smoking parts and blue smoke.

"Okay," growls Red Flag, extremely displeased. "You're good. I'll give you that. The rest of you, withdraw!"

OOC
    AA Deep Blue DC 42: 1D20+13 = [5]+13 = 18
    Yep. Failed by 24, vaporized

Turn Order
    35 Greenlight
    29 March Hare
    24 Red Flag
    20 Deep Blue (Destroyed, Staggered, -1)

19 Qora
    17 Nightbird *
    16 Kisai

15 Indigo Child (-3, Dazed until R2i16, Staggered, -1 Agi)
    14 Yellowjacket

09 Gelert
    05 Agent Orange

Nightbird is up!

Nightbird
    HP: 4 > 3
    Condition: Normal

Disgusted with the actions of Red Flag in firstly trying to use hostages against them and then secondly attempting to blow off the head of a defenseless guard, Imogen turned her attention towards the leader of Rainbow Seven sending two short shrill bursts of sound in his direction.

Nightbird ”Birdy Blast” Sonic Blast 11 PA +/- 2
    Nightbird Blast PA +2: 1D20+11-2 = [12]+11-2 = 21
    If it hits it will be a DC28 Toughness and HP to surge and repeat

Nightbird ”Birdy Blast” Sonic Blast 11 PA +/- 2
    Nightbird Blast PA +2: 1D20+11-2 = [2]+11-2 = 11
    + 10 = 21 and DC28 Toughness if hits