Page 333 of 333 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333
Results 3,321 to 3,325 of 3325

Thread: Adventures Assemble S1 Finale: Iron Curtain

Re: Adventures Assemble S1 Finale: Iron Curtain

Quote Originally Posted by Ysariel View Post
    Qora
    State Capitol Building -- Sacramento

The forest of cameras, mics and outstretched recorders swivels towards Cooper as if on command. "Your Honor, does this mean that the Phoenix Bay government shall now reverse its previous anti-alien policies?" "Can you please comment on when Phoenix Bay will be declared the second Sanctuary City?" "Will Miss Tana's proposal be presented during next week's City Council meeting?" etc, etc.

He cracks a very forced and rather nervous smile. "Ah... well! As Miss Tana has graciously said, I am absolutely committed to ensuring the, ahh, prosperity and security of, ahh... our people! As for the proposal to make Phoenix Bay a Sanctuary City, well, if it is the will of the people..."

Backtracking is a skill that human politicians are galactic champions of. But you have made sure that Cooper can't do so without consequences, and you have Governer Meyer's promise to forward it to the State Assembly.

You may be on Earth, but the skills of a courtier navigate labyrinths of power all the same.

The formalities of your proposal occupy you as well as Hamelin, Hamelin and McGill's legal team for some time. Shortly after you leave the Capitol Building, Sparky, tapped into the humans' primitive radio comm network, routes you an incoming text-only reply to your invitation to Beatrice. It reads:

"Interested in a drink?
    Let's meet and talk tomorrow night at eight.

-- B."

There is an address which, a quick reference to Google Maps shows, is an exclusive pub in the glittering downtown core.

OOC

Unless you have anything to add, that's the end of your scene.
    Qora sends a reply, and sets sparky to remind her to go shopping over the next day and a half. Much as she prefers it, Qora knows that her bodysuit isn't what to wear on a prospective drink-date with the technically enemy, and that Earth customs frown upon typical Ozirian high fashion of 'next to nothing'. hopefully she can find something that caters to her tastes and within her surprisingly meagre budget,

March Hare
    Dark Future

The man in the funny hat urges you into the cover of a narrow alleyway as an armored gunship flies overhead. As you approach you realize that what appeared to be one large, multicolored hat is actually three stacked together, and the topmost one has a large price-tag that reads "IN THIS STYLE 10/6".

"What do I have to say!" he exclaims in a huff. "Firstly, I would very much love to hat those ears. Secondly, a sexy bunny woman in an invasion attracts far too much attention. Thirdly, what does a mirror see when it looks at its reflection? And lastly, I dearly need to return to my tea, so we had best get going!"

He adjusts his tower of hats, and gestures for you to follow him. "Wonderland sent you here for a purpose. It has called you --" and he stabs a spindly finger at you in emphasis -- "to this doomed city -- " he affords the hologram of Lord Steel the same treatment -- "to prevent its fall. This is a warning, a vision of what will happen should you fail." He smiles reassuringly.

"Well, well," says a voice from one end of the alley. "Look what we have here!"

A troop of Lord Steel's Foundry Guard appear ahead, blocking the exit from the alley. Behind, more soldiers move in to seal off your route of escape. You are trapped in the darkened alley. You count some two dozen troops and robots, and the leader in front of you has a Dracomech backing him up.

"You think she's a hero? There's a huge reward for capturing escaped heroes," one of the troops asks.

The leader consults a bulky-looking datapad. "Doesn't seem so, but she'll make a pretty gift for Lord Steel himself. Come along, little bunny," he says as his men file in towards you, ignoring the Hatter, we won't hurt you."

OOC
    You have attracted unwanted attention on your path through the city. I trigger your Exotic Beauty complication, gain 1 HP.

The soldiers physically block any exit from the alley. You can attack them, in which case combat begins.

Alternatively, you can try some interaction skills, such as Intimidate or Deception.

You can also try a power stunt if you can think of one that would be useful, or do anything else you consider reasonable.

Gelert
    City park

OOC
    AA Herr Drosselmeyer Toughness DC 26: 1D20+12 = [9]+12 = 21

K.O. and with his boss down and out, Tree Shadow instantly loses his nerve. I fiat and he escapes with the squirrels; gain 1 HP.

Your beam of light, clear and bright like a streak of blue sky, explodes on Drosselmeyer with a squeak and leaves him standing, blackened from head to toe, in the middle of a smoking crater. "T-This... isn't... possible..." he croaks, then topples over face-first.

Tree Shadow shrieks upon seeing his master's defeat and scurries to his side, shaking a little furry fist at you. "You won't get away with this, Hound of Hope! We'll be back to enact our revenge on you and your humans soon enough!"

There is a muffled WHUMP! as a smoke bomb goes off. Your nose notes with displeasure that he has, in an unwelcome streak of innovation, laced his smoke bombs with sneezing powder to try make him harder to track. And with that he flees into the undergrowth, dragging the Count and Gun-Nut behind him by their bushy tails.

You observe that he has left behind the cannon, which is pretty clearly not a squirrel-made weapon, as it has trigger guards and handles shaped for human hands. The small clearing is surrounded with a assortment of mechanical parts, strange chemicals, plans and notes left behind from Drosselmeyer's work.

OOC
    Make an Investigate check (you can take 10) to analyze the scene and see what the squirrels are up to.

March Hare
    HP: 4 LP:1 Conditions: Fine

Looking around, March realizes she can't just power her way through, not with that huge dragon-looking robot on their side. Time to use what she has and play these suckers. "Oh, please can you help me and my godfather, the Mad Hatter. We somehow ended up here from Wonderland and need to a find a way back, I'm the daughter of the March Hare and today is supposed to be my wedding day. I'm to marry the White Rabbit's son. Do you know of any dimensional breaches around here which might allow us to return to our world, we don't belong here. Our very presence here could disrupt the nature of reality, causing things to start acting weird and take on the nature of Wonderland, if we remain too long."

OOC: Deception check: Deception check: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Ysariel View Post
    Gelert
    City park

OOC
    AA Herr Drosselmeyer Toughness DC 26: 1D20+12 = [9]+12 = 21

K.O. and with his boss down and out, Tree Shadow instantly loses his nerve. I fiat and he escapes with the squirrels; gain 1 HP.

Your beam of light, clear and bright like a streak of blue sky, explodes on Drosselmeyer with a squeak and leaves him standing, blackened from head to toe, in the middle of a smoking crater. "T-This... isn't... possible..." he croaks, then topples over face-first.

Tree Shadow shrieks upon seeing his master's defeat and scurries to his side, shaking a little furry fist at you. "You won't get away with this, Hound of Hope! We'll be back to enact our revenge on you and your humans soon enough!"

There is a muffled WHUMP! as a smoke bomb goes off. Your nose notes with displeasure that he has, in an unwelcome streak of innovation, laced his smoke bombs with sneezing powder to try make him harder to track. And with that he flees into the undergrowth, dragging the Count and Gun-Nut behind him by their bushy tails.

You observe that he has left behind the cannon, which is pretty clearly not a squirrel-made weapon, as it has trigger guards and handles shaped for human hands. The small clearing is surrounded with a assortment of mechanical parts, strange chemicals, plans and notes left behind from Drosselmeyer's work.

OOC
    Make an Investigate check (you can take 10) to analyze the scene and see what the squirrels are up to.
    With the Squirrels out of his reach by the time he was finished with the sneezing fit caused by the smoke bomb, Gelert turned his attention to the scene before him.

"Now what were you up to with these fancy evil doohickys" Gelert says as he begins picking through the Squirrels workshop of Probably Bad Things.

OOC: take 10 on investigate for 20.