Page 330 of 349 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3488

Thread: Adventures Assemble S1 Finale: Iron Curtain

Re: Adventures Assemble S1 Finale: Iron Curtain

Kisai

Philip squints thru the smoke in the direction Forge was at. The smoke is as much an impediment to Philip as it is to everyone else. Still, it was a necessity. He needed to cover everyone on the campus with it, and Forge was between him and the campus.

But Philip needed to find a way to keep this Forge character occupied until Michelle dealt with all the pawns. Firing blindly towards the campus was just as dangerous.

Philip moves in the direction of Forge, trying his best to stay on the defensive, he does his best to keep Forge between him and the campus. That way as long as Forge was shooting at him, then no stray shots would hit the innocents.

"You know, loser, it really is a shame we just met. I have a feeling I am going to enjoy stomping you like a bug, and I really feel bad I missed out on all the previous beatdowns you have been handed."

OOC
    Move action to close a bit with Forge and go full defensive.

Qora
    State Capitol Building, Sacramento

You grab the Governor by the collar, vanish with him, and appear in the middle of the Capitol front lobby. You get a glimpse of staffers scurrying for shelters and armed guards running by and Governor Meyer saying "My sincerest--" before you reappear in the office.

An instant later Beykin explodes to full size in a blast of steam. The massive biomecha stands hunched on all fours, shoving the Governor's table, visitor chairs, and miscellanous furniture to the corners of the room. There is a discordant jangle as his head brushes against the chandelier hanging from the ceiling and the sound of glass crunching under armored boots as the Banshees are pushed back against the far wall. You materialize atop his shoulder.

"Blast this scum off our planet!" shrieks the leader, and the Banshees raise arm-mounted vibro-cannons. The air shimmers as the weapons bombard you and Beykin with tight beams of resonant sonic pulses. The entire room thrums as if under a mild earthquake; small items and books skitter off shelves.

OOC

You are able to pick up the unresisting Governor as a Move action, teleport to the reception hall, and then teleport back (with Move-by action) as a second Move action.

Beykin expands to full size and goes Total defense as a standard action. However, while the room is 30x30 (and probably of considerable height) he needs to crouch on all fours and has little room to maneuver: imagine an adult human trying to fight off rats in a box that's 2ft wide by 6ft tall. He is considered Vulnerable if he wants to avoid damage to the Capitol building. Smaller combatants (you and the Banshees) are not affected. This is part of the disadvantage included in Growth's cost. On the bright side, he gives Cooper and Beatrice total cover, so the Banshees have no way to shoot around him, not even with area attacks.

The Banshees use Vibro-Cannon. Two Banshees attack you, and both hit: make a DC 25 and a DC 23 check. One goes after Beykin, but misses after his Total defense.

Turn Order

25 Qora *
    -- Beykin (Minion; Total Defense, Vulnerable)

19 Silver Banshee x3 (Minion)

You are up!

Gelert
    City park

You follow the trail easily through the dense undergrowth, leading to a remote section of the park where humans don't seem to come: they can't squeeze through the small spaces. You emerge into a small clearing where you see Drosselmeyer surrounded by various machinery. He is wearing a large robotic harness with mechanized arms and is tinkering with a massive cannon.

You arrive just in time to hear him screaming "You dolts! You've led the cursed canine straight to us!" at Gun-Nut and Tree Shadow, who look appropriately terrified.

Drosselmeyer turns to you and his voice turns sickly sweet. "Hound of Hope! I was in the middle of preparing my newest toy for you... but it seems my surprise has been ruined. I suppose you'll just have to accept it as it is!" The robotic arms on his back hold up a giant cannon: it is obviously a human-sized weapon rather than a squirrel-sized one. "Get him!"

Drosselmeyer fires the cannon at you and you hear a sharp, keening screech in your ears that a human if they could hear it might describe as nails on chalkboard. Gun-Nut's autocannon makes a heavy thumping sound as armor-piercing shells explode on your forcefield. Just as the barrage subsides, Tree Shadow pops up in front of you, scampers all around super fast, and makes a 'phbbbbbbbt' sound at you from behind your back.

"Catchmeifyoucan," he chirps, and scampers up a nearby tree.

OOC
    Herr Drosselmeyer uses Anti-Gelert Ultrasound Destructor. He cannot use weapons designed for humans without a penalty to attack, but his Toymaker's Harness (which has robot arms) cirumvents that.
    AA Herr Drosselmeyer attack vs Gelert: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10
    Misses

Captain Gun-Nut uses N.U.T. Shells on you.
    AA Captain Gun-Nut attack vs Gelert: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18
    Hits, make a DC 21 Toughness check. This attack is Penetrating.

Tree Shadow uses Deception to feint and transfers the benefit to Drosselmeyer with set-Up.
    AA Tree Shadow feint vs Gelert: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11
    You resist with Insight or deception, whichever is better. Gelert has insight 10, so he can't fail. If you like, you can accept a -5 penalty on your roll and gain 1 HP. This counts as your Now pay attention this is very important... SQUIRREL! complication. It is not compulsory, and there are more opportunities to get HP, so don't feel pressured to accept.

Turn Order
    20 Herr Drosselmeyer (with anti-hero ordnance) (Minion)
    16 Captain Gun-Nut (Minion)
    09 Tree Shadow (Minion)

06 Gelert *

You are up!
    Last edited by Ysariel; 07-16-2017 at 10:47 PM.

March Hare
    Whatley's Folly -> Dark Future

OOC
    The 3 smugglers fail and are defeated. I trigger your Wonderlandian complication, gain 1 HP. Immediately after your attack is resolved, you are sucked through time and space elsewhere.

You gaze at the watch. The face of the watch was made with a piece of the Looking Glass. In it, your reflection is warped and distorted. The hands of the watch are spinning wildly, so fast they are a blur, making the watch quiver gently in your palm.

You easily take out the remaining men before they can get to the weapons. But as the last three smugglers freeze solid in time, you are overwhelmed by a sensation of vertigo.

You have looked through the Looking Glass, and you feel yourself falling, falling, falling. In a flash you are brought somewhere else by the strange power of Wonderland.

The evening sky is the color of caked blood. The clouds are streaks of greased smog and the sun a dying, sputtering flame on the horizon. The roar of explosions, war machines and automatic fire ring through the city.

When you confronted the smugglers it was late morning, but now nightfall is almost here. You are by the pier where you confronted the smugglers, but there is no Flagship Island in the bay. Instead the waters are choked with the wreckage of ships and National Guard tanks and burning oil.

Flights of Iron Men robots and Dracomech walking tanks fill the sky. Palls of smoke rise everywhere throughout the city. The downtown skyscrapers stand ruined, their mirror-glass surfaces shattered by autocannon fire. The Harborfront is aflame. Lord Steel's conquest is already in full swing.

You need to find some way to get back to your own timeline, however, more immediate concerns arise. A search-and-destroy patrol -- some twenty of Lord Steel's red-coated Foundry Guard, accompanied by robots and Dracomechs -- comes down the side of the pier. They are approaching fast and will be upon you in less than a minute.

OOC
    You may hide from the patrol (Stealth) or confront it (no check required). You may also attempt to flee elsewhere using your speed, since none of the troops can catch you.
    Last edited by Ysariel; 07-16-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Kisai
    Amethyst Tech campus

Forge turns in your direction: speaking allows him to roughly guess where you are. "I dunno who you are, but you're making a huge mistake," he growls. "I've gotta new anti-hero weapon... and any wannabe savior's gonna get pasted with it. Die, maggot!"

He levels what seems to be a giant shoulder-mounted cannon at you and fires. The machine lights up ominously, red vanes glowing in the smog, and it unleashes a beam of scarlet light that blasts past you with a HNNNNNNNNNN sound and a low-pitched thrum, like a really powerful sound system's bass.

Expertise: Science 10
    You can tell that this is basically Broad Simultaneous Nullify Hyperspace powers 15.

Forge swears. "Come out of the smoke and fight me if you dare, coward!"

You can still hear explosions and blaster fire in the distance.

OOC
    Forge uses Anti-Amethyst Hyperspace Jammer on you.
    AA Forge attack vs Kisai (AOA 5): 1D20+8+5 = [10]+8+5 = 23
    Misses due to the bonuses from Concealment (+5) and total defense
    As it is a miss, he doesn't know yet that the cannon has no effect on you.

Turn Order

24 Kisai *
    14 Forge (with anti-hero ordnance) (Minion; AOA 5)

You're up!
    Last edited by Ysariel; 07-16-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Nightbird
    Abandoned factory, King's Junction

OOC
    You dissuade the citizens from going with Blackhawk's suggestion, but this antagonizes her. For acting true to your Motivation: Do right despite disadvantage, gain 1 HP.

Generally it is advantageous to avoid spending too much HP this early. Failure usually leads to situations which not only give opportunities to gain HP, but also reverse any setbacks when solved. Of course, you should go ahead if you feel it is important to you.

Your speech rouses a wave of anxious murmuring in the crowd. Many of the citizens seem to be taking your warnings seriously. People start to leave: a handful at first, then more, and then as if some kind of critical mass has been reached nearly everyone seems to be moving towards the exit.

"You are cowards!" Blackhawk rails at them from the catwalk. "Incompetents! All you care about is protecting yourself. You have no concern for the perils this city faces! One day you will face some threat you are powerless against. Then you will know! Then you will regret not cleaning up this town while you could!"

But the citizens do not seem interested in listening. While her combat skills seem very good, she is rather lacking on the rhetorical side. Soon you are the only one left in the darkness of the abandoned factory.

"You!" she stabs a finger at you. "You have infected them with your cowardice. You... you must be an infiltrator! Sent by the criminal underworld to sabotage any resistance against you. Die!"

As she vaults over the guardrail of the catwalk and drops to the concrete below you realize she is for real!

OOC

Blackhawk uses Iron Talons on you.
    AA Blackhawk attack vs Nightbird: 1D20+11 = [15]+11 = 26
    Hits. Make a DC 21 Toughness check.
    This power is Secondary Effect. If you take damage, next round you take Damage 3 as you continue bleeding from the wound. If you take no damage, there is no bleeding.

She also leaps down to the concrete floor below, so that both you and her are at ground level.

Turn Order

20 Blackhawk
    14 Nightbird *

You are up!
    Last edited by Ysariel; 07-17-2017 at 12:07 AM.

March Hare
    HP: 3 LP: 1 Conditions: Fine

Looking across the war-torn landscape, seeing the robots on patrol, triggers memories which she had thought were only nightmares. "No, no! I thought it was nightmares, my connection to time is worse than I thought. Lord Steel really did conquer the world, the news he came from the future was true. This...this is the timeline before he came back, it has to be with those robots around. But how, how did I get flung into a parallel timeline? It has be more Wonderland weirdness, though this one tops the rest. How to get home can wait for a little while, I'm out of here!" In a blur she ran for the edge of the city and as far away from those robots as possible.

OOC: Going in the opposite direction of where those robots are heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysariel View Post
    Qora
    State Capitol Building, Sacramento

You grab the Governor by the collar, vanish with him, and appear in the middle of the Capitol front lobby. You get a glimpse of staffers scurrying for shelters and armed guards running by and Governor Meyer saying "My sincerest--" before you reappear in the office.

An instant later Beykin explodes to full size in a blast of steam. The massive biomecha stands hunched on all fours, shoving the Governor's table, visitor chairs, and miscellanous furniture to the corners of the room. There is a discordant jangle as his head brushes against the chandelier hanging from the ceiling and the sound of glass crunching under armored boots as the Banshees are pushed back against the far wall. You materialize atop his shoulder.

"Blast this scum off our planet!" shrieks the leader, and the Banshees raise arm-mounted vibro-cannons. The air shimmers as the weapons bombard you and Beykin with tight beams of resonant sonic pulses. The entire room thrums as if under a mild earthquake; small items and books skitter off shelves.

OOC

You are able to pick up the unresisting Governor as a Move action, teleport to the reception hall, and then teleport back (with Move-by action) as a second Move action.

Beykin expands to full size and goes Total defense as a standard action. However, while the room is 30x30 (and probably of considerable height) he needs to crouch on all fours and has little room to maneuver: imagine an adult human trying to fight off rats in a box that's 2ft wide by 6ft tall. He is considered Vulnerable if he wants to avoid damage to the Capitol building. Smaller combatants (you and the Banshees) are not affected. This is part of the disadvantage included in Growth's cost. On the bright side, he gives Cooper and Beatrice total cover, so the Banshees have no way to shoot around him, not even with area attacks.

The Banshees use Vibro-Cannon. Two Banshees attack you, and both hit: make a DC 25 and a DC 23 check. One goes after Beykin, but misses after his Total defense.

Turn Order

25 Qora *
    -- Beykin (Minion; Total Defense, Vulnerable)

19 Silver Banshee x3 (Minion)

You are up!
    first TOU:1D20+14 = [16]+14 = 30
    second TOU: 1D20+14 = [17]+14 = 31

Qora attacks first banshee: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23. DC 27 TOU, if she drops, will use takedown 2 on the rest.

Grotesk will take 10 for a takedown 2 attempt of his own, starting with Banshee 3, but with his eye lasers, so 20 to hit, DC 23 TOU
    With bystanders out of the way, Qora crosses the distance between herself and the banshees, deliberately taking their blasts without breaking stride and striking their leader once she's in reach, while Grotesk lays down cover fire with his eye beams

Nightbird
    HP: 1 > 2
    Condition: Dazed

Not expecting the masked woman to attack her, Imogen managed to get an arm up to block the slash to her face.

Imogen grunted "B!tch ... that hurt" as a spray of blood flew from her arm from the impact of Blackhawk's claws.

Ignoring the pain Imogen thrust her fingers into Blackhawk's shoulder joint then several other pressure points in quick succession "Let's see just how good you really are" "And remember to wear my costume under my clothes next time"

Nightbird Toughness DC21: 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13

Bruise x1 & Dazed

I am assuming that Nightbird is not wearing her costume under her clothes so her Toughness is only +6

Nightbird Stunning Attack (Affliction 7 vs Fortitude Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitate
    Nightbird Attack: 1D20+13 = [14]+13 = 27

Should be a hit and save vs Affliction DC17

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Ysariel View Post
    Gelert
    City park

You follow the trail easily through the dense undergrowth, leading to a remote section of the park where humans don't seem to come: they can't squeeze through the small spaces. You emerge into a small clearing where you see Drosselmeyer surrounded by various machinery. He is wearing a large robotic harness with mechanized arms and is tinkering with a massive cannon.

You arrive just in time to hear him screaming "You dolts! You've led the cursed canine straight to us!" at Gun-Nut and Tree Shadow, who look appropriately terrified.

Drosselmeyer turns to you and his voice turns sickly sweet. "Hound of Hope! I was in the middle of preparing my newest toy for you... but it seems my surprise has been ruined. I suppose you'll just have to accept it as it is!" The robotic arms on his back hold up a giant cannon: it is obviously a human-sized weapon rather than a squirrel-sized one. "Get him!"

Drosselmeyer fires the cannon at you and you hear a sharp, keening screech in your ears that a human if they could hear it might describe as nails on chalkboard. Gun-Nut's autocannon makes a heavy thumping sound as armor-piercing shells explode on your forcefield. Just as the barrage subsides, Tree Shadow pops up in front of you, scampers all around super fast, and makes a 'phbbbbbbbt' sound at you from behind your back.

"Catchmeifyoucan," he chirps, and scampers up a nearby tree.

OOC
    Herr Drosselmeyer uses Anti-Gelert Ultrasound Destructor. He cannot use weapons designed for humans without a penalty to attack, but his Toymaker's Harness (which has robot arms) cirumvents that.
    AA Herr Drosselmeyer attack vs Gelert: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10
    Misses

Captain Gun-Nut uses N.U.T. Shells on you.
    AA Captain Gun-Nut attack vs Gelert: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18
    Hits, make a DC 21 Toughness check. This attack is Penetrating.

Tree Shadow uses Deception to feint and transfers the benefit to Drosselmeyer with set-Up.
    AA Tree Shadow feint vs Gelert: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11
    You resist with Insight or deception, whichever is better. Gelert has insight 10, so he can't fail. If you like, you can accept a -5 penalty on your roll and gain 1 HP. This counts as your Now pay attention this is very important... SQUIRREL! complication. It is not compulsory, and there are more opportunities to get HP, so don't feel pressured to accept.

Turn Order
    20 Herr Drosselmeyer (with anti-hero ordnance) (Minion)
    16 Captain Gun-Nut (Minion)
    09 Tree Shadow (Minion)

06 Gelert *

You are up!
    Toughness save 1D20 + 12 = [11]+12 = 23
    I'm gonna pass on the deception thing.

While Gelert's head starts to swing towards Tree shadow, the oncoming fire from Gun-Nut and the painful shriek of Herr Drosselmeyer's weapon hold his attention. He blocks the attacks that were on target with his shields and then returns fire, the area around him flashing blue.

"Oh no, you won't get me that easy you tricksy squirrelses. PEW PEW."

Blast: Shapeable Area Damage 8 (DC 23)