Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaulu's M&M 3e Characters

OPA Belta

Re: Kaulu's M&M 3e Characters

Quote Originally Posted by catsi563 View Post
    might want to boost Elliot's perform skill a bit. in the episode he shows it off hes actually an extremely good singer and musician as evidenced by the fact that Christian kane his actor is a band singer IRL. he shocks everyone with how good he is in spite of blowing it off later.

Also his flaw of mercenaries should be Professionals. hes capable of recognizing agents of multiple goverments, as well as soldiers for hire and law enforcement officers out of uniform.

Also a great feat to give him might be last stand. its a feat that allows a character whose been kod to last one more round, seems appropriate for Elliot who regularly keeps fighting despite several beatdowns he receives and still comes back winning

good stuff so far though cant wait for the rest
    I suppose Last Stand is highly appropriate, even though I don't like it. (It seems weak and it's annoying that it's not in the SRD.)

Do you think his musical performance rates better than a +7? Because I'm assuming that, like most things the characters do in just one episode, it was being boosted by Beginner's Luck in that episode.

Thanks for commenting!

Nps at all I enjoy leverage

Id say at least a 2-4 rank perhaps hes showing clear professional skill as he has the audience eating out of his hand but that granted is just me. its entirely plausible that beginners luck and a nat 20 on the performance check could have the same effect save that he repeats the performance a couple times in the episode which suggests more then a beginners level of skill.

As an aside and a bit fo a funny I just realized a complication of Dammit Hardison!!

might be appropriate given these two seem to have a funny brotherhood
    Last edited by catsi563; 07-06-2016 at 06:48 PM.
    Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

OPA Belta

As an aside and a bit fo a funny I just realized a complication of Dammit Hardison!!

might be appropriate given these two seem to have a funny brotherhood
    What would it do?

Nothing specific its more of a funny then anything else
    Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories

OPA Belta

Dammit Hardison: Eliot is easily frustrated by the quirks/habits of his fellow Leverage teammates, particularly Hardison and Parker, often resulting in a vocal outburst.

Then, if I were Eliot's GM, I'd award him a Hero point every time he uttered "dammit Hardison" or "dammit Parker", etc. (at appropriate times.) Given how often this could happen in a single adventure, it would help explain why Eliot has the stockpiled Hero Points to win some of his more brutal battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth-Two_Kenn View Post
    Dammit Hardison: Eliot is easily frustrated by the quirks/habits of his fellow Leverage teammates, particularly Hardison and Parker, often resulting in a vocal outburst.

Then, if I were Eliot's GM, I'd award him a Hero point every time he uttered "dammit Hardison" or "dammit Parker", etc. (at appropriate times.) Given how often this could happen in a single adventure, it would help explain why Eliot has the stockpiled Hero Points to win some of his more brutal battles.
    there you go that's perfect. especially given that he nearly says that once an episode sometimes twice

Catsi stories

OPA Belta

Parker

"Leverage" character
    Power Level 6 (97 ppt)

ABILITIES [32 ppt]
    Strength 1 (+1) • Stamina 2 (+2) • Agility 5 (+5) • Dexterity 5 (+5) •
    Fighting 3 (+3) • Intellect 1 (+1) • Awareness 0 (+0) • Presence -1 (-1) •
    Load limit 200 lb.

POWERS [6 ppt]

Fingertips Trained by Hanging:3 ppt
    Training Power

Power-Lifting 11 ppt

Enhanced Athletics 62 ppt
    Flaw: Limited to climbing
    Sneaky Shock:1 ppt
    Luck Power

Enhanced Advantage 2 [Improved Critical (Taser) 2] • 1 ppt
    Flaw: Limited to use against Vulnerable or Defenseless targets
    Bone-Conduction Earbud, Device (Removable):2 / 3 ppt
    Technological Power

Feature 1 (commlink) • 3 ppt
    Extras: Extended Range 1, Subtle 1
    5 mi; Perception DC 20 to spot
    ADVANTAGES [25 ppt]

• Agile Feint • Attractive 1 • Benefit 3 (Wealth 3: millionaire) • Close Attack 1 • Defensive Roll 3 • Equipment 4 • Grabbing Finesse • Great Endurance • Hide in Plain Sight • Improvised Tools • Quick Draw • Second Chance 2 (falling, triggering alarms) • Skill Mastery 3 (Acrobatics, Expertise: Burglary, Sleight of Hand) • Ultimate Effort 2 (Expertise: Burglary, Stealth) •

EQUIPMENT [17 ep]

• Smartphone2 ep
    • Climbing Rope1 ep
    • Rappelling Harness1 ep
    • Taser: Affliction 5 (Fortitude; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) • 7 ep + 1 ep for Alternate Effect
      Extra: Increased Range 1 (ranged), Flaws: Diminished Range 3
      • ALT - Affliction 5 (Fortitude; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated)
    • Shared HQ: Leverage Headquarters (detailed under Nate)2 ep
    • Shared Vehicle: Lucille (detailed under Hardison)3 ep

LANGUAGES
    • native: English •
    SKILLS [25 ppt]

Acrobatics 5 (+10) • Athletics 6 (+7, or +13 climbing) • Close Combat: Unarmed 0 (+4) • Close Combat: Taser 1 (+5) • Close Combat: Misc. 0 (+4) • Deception 6 (+5) • Expertise: Burglary 11 (+16) • Investigation 1 (+2) • Perception 5 (+5) • Ranged Combat: Taser 0 (+5) • Sleight of Hand 6 (+11) • Stealth 8 (+13) • Vehicles 1 (+6) •
    Expertise: Burglary is generally Dexterity-based.

DEFENSES [9 ppt]
    Dodge 1 (+6) • Parry 0 (+3) •
    Fortitude 4 (+6) • Toughness (+5/+2*) • Will 4 (+4) •
    *without Defensive Roll

OFFENSE
    Initiative +5
    • Unarmed: +4 • Close Damage DC 16 (Strength-based), bludgeoning.
    • Taser (Close): +5 • Close Affliction DC 15 (Fortitude; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated), electric.
      Crit 18-20 vs. Vulnerable/Defenseless targets.
    • Taser (Ranged): +5 • Ranged (10/25/50 ft) Affliction DC 15 (Fortitude; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated), electric.
      Crit 18-20 vs. Vulnerable/Defenseless targets.
    COMPLICATIONS
    Motivation - Thrills: Parker has always enjoyed the thrill of the heist, and finds that it's even better when she's helping someone in need too.

Orphan: Parker grew up with negative experiences in foster homes. She can't help empathizing with orphans, and has trouble trusting "the system."

Anxiety: Parker fears social interactions, especially being hit on by men she doesn't like.

Insanity: Parker loves plummeting from high places, and generally has tastes that weird out normal people. While she's actually a pretty good driver under pressure, her driving scares normal passengers profoundly.

Sweet Sweet Cash: Parker loves cash and has a hard time letting go of it for any reason (even buying things).

Super-Stealth: Parker is especially good at sneaking up on her own allies at times when it doesn't really accomplish anything. (She can use Ultimate Stealth in these situations without spending a Hero Point.)

Relationship: Parker and Hardison flirt a lot, and eventually date.

Alternate Identity: Parker sometimes has social and logistical obligations to maintain her alternate identity (courtesy of Hardison), "Alice White."
    ABILITIES [ 32 ] + SKILLS [ 25 ] + ADVANTAGES [ 25 ] + POWERS [ 6 ] + DEFENSES [ 9 ]
    97 PPT TOTAL

BIO

The world's greatest cat burglar.

NOTES

Here's a rough draft of Parker. I didn't really do anything too crazy or quirky with this build, which means I'm sure I'm missing out on some of the character's essence. Feel free to offer suggestions!

Landing so close to the PC-ready 90 power points was a pleasant accident.
    Last edited by CaptainKaulu; 09-06-2018 at 10:20 AM.

OPA Belta

Earth Spirit

Summoned by Wildran
    Power Level 9 (135 ppt)

ABILITIES [12 ppt]
    Strength 6 (+6) • Stamina 4 (+4) • Agility 0 (+0) • Dexterity -3 (-3) •
    Fighting 3 (+3) • Intellect -3 (-3) • Awareness 1 (+1) • Presence -2 (-2) •
    Load limit 3200 lb.

When fully Grown:
    Strength (+14) • Stamina (+12)
    Load limit 400 tons

POWERS [85 ppt]

Hard as a Rock:12 ppt
    Primal Power

Protection 410 ppt
    Extra: Impervious [3 extra ranks], Flaw: Noticeable

Feature 2 (mass rank +2) • 2 ppt
    Elemental:12 ppt
    Primal Power

Immunity 12 (aging, disease, emotion effects, poison, sleep, starvation & thirst, suffocation: all) • 12 ppt
    (Dynamic) Huge Size:22 ppt + 1 ppt for Alternate Effect + 2 ppt for Dynamic Effects
    Primal Power

Growth 816 ppt
    +2 size ranks, +8 mass ranks, Strength +8, Stamina +8, Dodge -4, Parry -4, Stealth -8, Intimidation +4, Speed +1 (4 mph, 60 ft/round)

Impervious Toughness 66 ppt
    Stacks with Hard as a Rock: Impervious Toughness 13 total

ALT (Dynamic) - Normal Size:22 ppt
    Primal Power

Enhanced Close Combat: Unarmed 84 ppt

Enhanced Ranged Combat: Throwing 42 ppt

Enhanced Dodge 44 ppt

Enhanced Parry 44 ppt

Enhanced Fortitude 88 ppt
    Tremorsense:5 ppt
    Primal Power

Senses 5 (Penetrates Concealment Ranged touch) • 5 ppt
    Earth Glide:5 ppt
    Primal Power

Movement 3 (Permeate 3) • 3 ppt
    Flaw: Limited to earth and stone

Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2) • 2 ppt
    Flaw: Limited to earthen and stone surfaces
    Rock Hurling:4 ppt
    Primal Power

Damage 2 (Strength-based) • 4 ppt
    Extra: Increased Range 1 (ranged)
    Soften to Mud:19 ppt + 1 ppt for Alternate Effect
    Primal Power

Insubstantial 16 ppt
    Extra: Precise

Regeneration 1313 ppt

ALT - Earthquake:19 ppt
    Primal Power

Affliction 4 (Dodge/Fortitude; Dazed & Vulnerable / Stunned & Prone) • 19 ppt
    Extras: Area (Burst 2), Extra Condition, Flaws: Limited Degree, Limited to targets on the ground
    Linked: Environment 5 (impede movement 2)
    Flaw: Limited to movement along the ground
    Linked: Damage 6
    Extra: Area (Burst 2), Flaw: Limited 2 to structures on the ground
    500-ft radius on Impede Movement effect
    Geological Instinct:2 ppt
    Primal Power

Enhanced Expertise: Science 62 ppt
    Flaw: Limited to geology
    ADVANTAGES [11 ppt]

• All-Out Attack • Benefit 2 (Ambidexterity, Intimidation Based on normal-sized-Strength) • Chokehold • Diehard • Great Endurance • Improved Grab • Improved Initiative 1 • Interpose • Second Chance (mind control) • Takedown 1 •

LANGUAGES
    • native: Primordial •
    SKILLS [14 ppt]
    Expertise: Science 0 (+3, geology only) • Perception 7 (+8) •

When fully Grown:
    Athletics 0 (+14) • Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+4) • Intimidation 6 (+16) • Ranged Combat: Throwing 12 (+9) • Stealth 2 (-6) •

When Man-sized:
    Athletics 0 (+6) • Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+12) • Intimidation 6 (+12) • Ranged Combat: Throwing 12 (+13) • Stealth 2 (+2) •

DEFENSES [13 ppt]
    Dodge 5 (+9) • Parry 3 (+10) •
    Fortitude 0 (+12) • Toughness (+8) • Will 5 (+6) •

When fully Grown:
    Dodge (+1) • Parry (+2) • Toughness (+16) •

OFFENSE
    Initiative +4
    • Unarmed (Huge size): +4 • Close (+10 ft) Damage DC 29 (Strength-based), bludgeoning.
    • Unarmed (Man-sized): +12 • Close Damage DC 21 (Strength-based), bludgeoning.
    • Grab: +3 • Close (+10 ft when Huge) • DC 16, or 24 when Huge size.
    • Thrown Rocks (Huge size): +9 • Ranged (225/450/900 ft) Damage DC 24 (Strength-based), bludgeoning/ballistic.
    • Thrown Rocks (Man-sized): +13 • Ranged (125/250/500 ft) Damage DC 20 (Strength-based), bludgeoning/ballistic.
    • Earthquake: Dodge DC 14 • Close Area (60-ft Burst) Affliction DC 14 (Dodge/Fortitude; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Prone), seismic.
    • Earthquake (on structures on the ground): Dodge DC 16 • Close Area (60-ft Burst) Damage DC 21, seismic.
    COMPLICATIONS
    Density: Being four times as massive as a normal human (even when not using Growth) can be inconvenient.

(see Wildran)
    ABILITIES [ 12 ] + SKILLS [ 14 ] + ADVANTAGES [ 11 ] + POWERS [ 85 ] + DEFENSES [ 13 ]
    135 PPT TOTAL

NOTES

I felt great about this build, then I went back and looked at it again and found that I apparently had a few power points remaining. So I re-allocated them, but I'm still nervous that there's something the build really needs where the points were allocated before (and I just forgot to save some of my work). So let me know if you see any glaring weaknesses.

This guy is the tank/bruiser/meatshield/"big guy" of the Sila Scouts, even though he's summoned. Or maybe because he's summoned.

Recommendations about presentation are especially welcome on this build -- is there a better way to show all the Growth-dependent stuff than the way I did it? And since the size-changing array is Dynamic, is there a good way to show the in-between stats that the build can assume?

Re-vamped again to get rid of the cheese that is Density Growth.
    Last edited by CaptainKaulu; 09-06-2018 at 10:20 AM.

got to love Parker shes the fun one of the crew

The only additions I can think of would be a relationship complication with Hardison. they are shown repeatedly throughout the series to be involved on several levels. there is obvious romatic tension and the relationship develops over the course of the series

also you might want to boost her strength. parker is stated in the series to be very strong much stronger then she appears.

one prominent example is in an episode she grabs Jerry Ryans character and basically dangles her off a roof by her neck. Ryans choked response is Youre very strong to which Parker replies I hang off roofs by my finger tips.

Shes literaly holding her with zero effort shown.

Keep the leverage stuff coming

Catsi stories

OPA Belta

also you might want to boost her strength. parker is stated in the series to be very strong much stronger then she appears.

one prominent example is in an episode she grabs Jerry Ryans character and basically dangles her off a roof by her neck. Ryans choked response is Youre very strong to which Parker replies I hang off roofs by my finger tips.

Shes literaly holding her with zero effort shown.
    Thing is, this is a situation where the system's stats are an abstraction that doesn't apply to the material right. I don't think Parker's Strength should be high overall -- I feel like giving her a 1 was already generous, when it comes to things like how hard she can hit with an unarmed attack.

I could give her Power-Lifting, but is she really strong when it comes to lifting something like a car? Or is it only situations where finger strength (or maybe hand strength) is key?

I could give her Strength, Limited to climbing, or something like that, but I feel like the best way to represent that is just to give her ranks in Athletics anyway. Which is what I did.

Maybe finger strength is actually best represented by Dexterity rather than Strength? Maybe I should give her Grabbing Finesse for strangling Tara Cole, or something like that? I dunno.

Maybe Power-Lifting is appropriate, but only 1 point or so? Would still fit the "you're stronger than you look" theme.
    Last edited by CaptainKaulu; 07-15-2016 at 03:53 PM.