Page 201 of 215 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2149

Thread: Emerald City Knights: Knight Errant

  1. #2001
    Hierophant kenseido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas
    Posts
    7,216

    Re: Emerald City Knights: Knight Errant

    Kisai

    "We appreciate your immediate response to the threat against us. I would agree that an advertised tryout such as this one we have today would attract random attacks by villains. This, however, was a coordinated effort, and you were warned about a specific villain being present, yes? That seems odd that you would be warned about a villain by name, but Feng-Li didn't warn the person she wanted to lead the team - whom she saw literally minutes before we were ambushed."

    Maybe he shouldn't have dropped what Mockingbird told them about what he overheard, but he wanted to get them thinking about Feng-Li as a "benefactor."


    OOC
    Diplomacy: 1D20+13 = [8]+13 = 21

  2. #2002
    Keeper of Secrets Ysariel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,967

    Re: Emerald City Knights: Knight Errant

    All
    Rooftop helipad -- Emerald Tower

    The Emerald City Dragons exchange glances. "We were warned that major baddies were gonna come stir things up," Witchgirl nods. "Specter was one of those mentioned."

    "It's still really strange that Jackie wasn't told," Phoenix admits. "I can only guess that if Ms. Chen didn't tell you, Jackie, she must have some reason for doing so. Maybe she got sidetracked before she could say it?" Rook just looks thoughtful and says nothing.

    OOC

    If you have nothing else to say to them, the Dragons decide to leave since the villains are already taken care of. Then the next scene (taking place the same night) will start.

  3. #2003
    Hierophant kenseido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas
    Posts
    7,216

    Re: Emerald City Knights: Knight Errant

    Kisai

    "That is definitely one possibility."

    They weren't ready to hear the truth, but hopefully, Jackie was now.

  4. #2004
    Hierophant FuzzyBoots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    5,770

    Re: Emerald City Knights: Event Horizon

    Mockingbird
    HP: 0
    Status: Normal


    Mockingbird's easy smile twisted into something more cynical. "I suspect that anything we might say would be seen as biased, the result of either envy or something darker. I just ask that you consider all of the facts and how they fit together. I can attest from my own history that following orders without questioning, believing information without verifying... it can lead to some very dark places." He sighed and offered a more genuine, if sad, smile.
    "Unfortunately, it is a lesson most people need to learn on their own before it sinks in. I hope that your experience is not as painful as mine was."


    OOC
    Diplomacy: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12 is not really going to help much, I suspect.

  5. #2005
    Keeper of Secrets Gilliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,212

    Re: Emerald City Knights: Knight Errant

    Jackie Frost
    HP: 2 > 3
    Condition: Bruise



    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    "It's still really strange that Jackie wasn't told," Phoenix admits. "I can only guess that if Ms. Chen didn't tell you, Jackie, she must have some reason for doing so. Maybe she got sidetracked before she could say it?" Rook just looks thoughtful and says nothing.
    "That could be ... it. Thank you for your offer of help I am sure between us all we will find out what was going on. If you come across anything let us know and we will do the same .. is there any way to get hold of you?" Jackie asked feeling that the Dragons seemed to be genuine in wanting to help.

  6. #2006
    Hierophant kenseido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas
    Posts
    7,216

    Re: Emerald City Knights: Knight Errant

    Kisai

    After Rook and crew leave, Kisai heals everyone of any remaining injuries from the fight.

  7. #2007
    Keeper of Secrets Ysariel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,967

    Re: Emerald City Knights: Knight Errant

    All
    Rooftop helipad -- Emerald Tower

    Mockingbird's speech prompts more confused looks among the Dragons. "You almost sound as if Miss Chen's hiding something," Princess blurts out. "Wasn't she a good friend of Jackie's? Why would she have anything to hide?"

    "She's also done a ton of public works. Charity, scholarships, sponsorships... that kinda thing," Hornet points out.

    At Jackie's question Phoenix hands you a communicator. "Yep. We're based off a new facility in Jadetown. You can reach it by emergency hotline --" she hands you a card with number -- "but the communicator's the fastest. Let us know if we can do anything."

    Unless you have anything more to say, they bid farewell and leave.

    * * *

    The rest of the day goes by (relatively) uneventfully. The tryouts are conducted without event, with an obstacle course and a hostage rescue exercise, although by evening, news of the supervillain attack and your conversation with the Emerald City Dragons has overshadowed the actual tryouts. The media is rife with speculation regarding both events. For their part the Dragons have responded to all media questions on the issue with 'no comment'.

    As the tryouts draw to a close and the rookie heroes leave for home, you find William Chin (Dragoneye) waiting for you near your headquarters entrance.

    "May I ask a favor?" the young Chinese man says. "I don't dare to go home for now -- I've offended the Golden Dragon Society, and their influence in Jadetown is very strong. If it is possible, perhaps I could be hired as a live-in caretaker for a while? I'm pretty handy, can fix things around the place, and I make award-winning potstickers."


    OOC

    Unfortunately, Mockingbird's check indeed isn't good enough to change their attitude.

    In lieu of actually running the tryouts, I'm skipping to the next scene at night and you will be given the results of the the tryouts to deal with directly. I need some preparation for the next scene, which will go up hopefully tomorrow. If there's anything else significant that your character would want to do during the day, let me know.

  8. #2008
    Hierophant kenseido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas
    Posts
    7,216

    Re: Emerald City Knights: Knight Errant

    Kisai

    Philip puts his hand on Mockingbird's shoulder to indicate not to say anything more as Rook and crew leave.

    "They aren't ready to hear it yet," he says after they are gone. "It will only make them defend her more. I think Rook may do some checking on his own."

    * * *
    During the tryouts, Philip is distracted. He had retrieved Spectre where Mockingbird said she was and deposited her in a cell and is waiting for AEGIS to arrive.

    He wants to make sure William delivers his statement to them.

    Afterwards, he addresses William.

    "Of course you can stay. Consider yourself a guest for the time being."

  9. #2009
    Keeper of Secrets Gilliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,212

    Re: Emerald City Knights: Knight Errant

    Jackie Frost
    HP: 2 > 3
    Condition: Normal


    Nodding her thanks to Phoenix Jackie watched them leave before passing their contact details to the rest of the Knights and Mr Mars.

    "Yes welcome it will be nice to have another person round here." Jackie said agreeing with Phillip's offer to the new DragonEye.

    Looking over the results of the trials Jackie couldn't help wondering whether any of them would actually be interested in joining the Knights after all that had happen earlier in the day. And Feng-Li seemed to be the common denominator, coincidence? Maybe not? Sounds like it is time to have a chat and a cup of tea with Mum.

    Making a quick phonecall Jackie called out as she was leaving "I am just popping out for an hour or so. Yes I do have my communicator with me .. geez I only forgot it a couple of times well 10 or so but still. Don't get into any trouble without calling me first"

  10. #2010
    Keeper of Secrets Ysariel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,967

    Re: Emerald City Knights: Knight Errant

    All
    Later that day

    Kisai is able to deposit a still-unconscious Specter into her cell. The tryouts proceed without event, and are duly filmed by an eager and attentive media. Two events are held: an obstacle course and general fitness test, and a mock hostage rescue crisis. The rookie heroes took part both singly and as a team.

    Meanwhile, you have been advised by phone that AEGIS will not be able to formally bring the villains into custody right now.

    "Our secure transports, the armored ones with the power nullifiers, were damaged during the attack last week," Nguyen explains. "We've requisitioned new ones but they won't be arriving until early tomorrow morning. We are taking no chances. Until the transports arrive, the most secure place for those baddies is your HQ."


    Mockingbird
    Headquarters -- Emerald Tower

    With no commitments for the day, you are left in your HQ in the top 5 floors of Emerald Tower as evening approaches.

    The setting sun turns the forest of skyscrapers outside into an indistinct glare of orange and gold, light reflecting off countless mirrored glass panels. The sky turns red, then cobalt blue, and outside you see amber lights turning on in office towers all about you, as employees prepare to toil late into the night. A checkerboard of light and darkness in the night sky.

    Your base computer monitor has a dozen windows open, showing media and news feeds regarding the day's events.

    William, the young Chinese man Kisai rescued this morning from Quantum, approaches you. "What would you like for dinner?" he asks brightly. "If I may say so myself, I'm a reasonably good cook. My sister even claims the food is edible. If you're interested, I can rustle up a little dinner for both of us. You must be hungry after all those tryouts."

    You realize the prisoners will need to be fed too; presumably you don't plan to starve them into submission.

    OOC
    You can talk with him, watch the news feed, or check on the prisoners. You can also do anything else or go anywhere you consider reasonable.

    You also still have your set of power nullifiers, which you took off Specter after she was transferred to her cell.



    Kisai
    Headquarters -- Emerald Tower

    Mars lingers after the tryouts, as if he has something to say to you. But then eventually he seems to decide against it. "It can wait," he offers by way of explanation.

    William lavishes profuse thanks on you for offering to let him stay as a guest. It is actually some time before he leaves you alone and wanders off to talk to Mockingbird about dinner.

    Your phone buzzes. You look and see a new text message from an unrecognized number:

    "I need help. I'm in the Emerald Tower car park. Come now."

    OOC
    You can reply, go to the car park, or ignore the request entirely.



    Jackie Frost
    Misceo Cafe & Bar

    A friendly chat with Mum sounds like just the kind of thing one would look forward to after a long hard day: reconnecting with family, bonding over a good cup of tea, enjoying the ambience at someplace warm and cosy. Indeed, there was once a time when most conversation with your parents would involve not so subtle exhortations to find a job and make something of oneself and the prospect of spending an evening alone facing those barely-restrained looks of disappointment would've been daunting.

    Unfortunately, what you see in Mum's eyes this time is positively terrifying by comparison.

    You see pride.

    "Aoife," Mum says, beaming at you. A waiter comes to take your order. You can tell that she's practically bursting with something to say, but is restraining herself. "How was your day? Did the tryouts go well?"

    Notice

    Looking out of the windows, you see two Chinese men in plain clothes and dark glasses loitering by a car parked alongside the curb. The glasses make it hard to be sure, but it looks like they are staring in your general direction. As you sit down, one pulls out a phone and starts talking into it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •