Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222
Results 2,211 to 2,216 of 2216

Thread: Emerald City Knights Finale: Their Finest Hour

Re: Emerald City Knights Finale: Their Finest Hour

Jackie Frost
    Outside the Medical Center

Nguyen's answer is interrupted by a blast going off in the background. "Roger," she says. "We're making a fighting withdrawal now. But hurry."

The heroes listen attentively as you issue your orders. Phoenix and Hornet roger and soar off towards the northwest on blazing trails of fire. "Knights! Ride out!" Princess cheers, hops on Witchgirl's broom, and they zoom off to ECPD HQ -- not much further than Emerald Tower from your location. Rocky leaps onto your ice platform without a word as you slowly rise off the ground, gripping the edges of the ice to keep himself steady.

You rise into the air under dim moonlight. In the distance flicker small fires and plumes of smoke rise here and there from impacts of the Collapsatrons' orbital re-entry or attacks. As you increase altitude you realize that the comets are apparently not uncontrolled: two of them make a sharp turn towards your ice platform, hurtling in at incredible speed.

"Watch out!" Rocky yells. The comets explode some distance from you, bursting to reveal ten buzzing, droning machines that flit at you and unleash scorching red blasts from rifles they carry!

OOC
    Renaming 'Collapsatron Locust' to 'Collapsatron Death Swarm'.

The Collapsatrons act as two squads of 5. They use Disintegrator on you, four using aid actions on the leader who actually attacks, however despite some pretty good rolls and aid bonuses they actually all miss you.

Turn Order
    17 Collapsatron Death Swarm x10 (Minion)
    10 Jackie Frost
    10 Rocky

Jackie Frost
    HP: 5
    Condition: Concerned

"Okay bang goes that theory." Jackie comments annoyed that the incoming shooting stars have a mind of their own and are actually aware enough to notice her flying block of ice.

Lifting a hand Jackie made a shooing motion sending a wave of icicles and rock hard snowballs towards the Locust Swarms.

"Now scoot we are in a hurry."

Jackie will use "Ice Storm" [Cold Blast 12 (Extra Area Cone; Flaw Touch Range)]

DC22 Reflex Save and DC27/21 Toughness Save

Kisai
    Headquarters -- Emerald Tower

Kn: Physical Science 8
    The Collapsatron drones show the characteristic pitted appearance (due to micrometeorite impacts) of objects that have been in space for a long time. While detailed analysis will take a lab, you guesstimate that the oldest of these drones has been in space for some 10,000 years.

The amount of weathering is not the same among the three drones, suggesting that new ones were produced to replace old, destroyed ones.

The tank holding Warp and Spellweaver seems to be some kind of power drainer. From what you can tell, it injects the victims with nanites that replicate cells responsible for superpowers; these nanites then replicate and synthesize new drones bearing the same superpowers. You don't have expertise: life sciences so it's hard to judge the precise effect on the victim, but it can't be pleasant.

The strange alien tank disengages with a hiss and there is a gurgling, flushing noise as it empties itself of the strange orange fluid, which pools all over the floor. With a whine the glass canopy lifts and the machine unceremoniously dumps Warp and Spellweaver, sputtering and soaked to the skin, at your feet.

"Damn," Warp coughs, wringing orange gunk out of her hair. "What the hell happened there? We were watching the screens and messing around, out of nowhere something blasts through the windows and that's all I remember. What's going on?" she looks at you for answers.

Spellweaver stands, smoothing out her robe. "We are tremendously grateful for your help, Kisai. We-- William?! What are you doing here?"

"I was upstairs when I heard the explosion. Then I saw a dragon," he says, eyes growing distant. "Vast and golden. It told me I was... Dragoneye's heir. I don't know what it meant, but I've apparently been given the power to help." He looks down at his hands, then turns to you. "I don't think there's time for a costume, Kisai, but I'll gladly fight by your side."

"Great! That's one more person up for kicking their butts," Warp grins fiercely, kicking one of the dead Collapsatrons across the floor. "What do we do now?"

Kisai

Philip nods to William. "Thanks, I appreciate that."

He then turns to the others.

"I need you three to hit the streets and coordinate with Jackie. There are a lot of people down there getting hurt and killed."

"I need to find Mars and get him to help me analyze these nanites."

Collapstron uses nanites and the Silver Storm was nanites. Hopefully, Mars has enough experience to come up with something useful.

Jackie Frost
    Above the city

Your hail of ice and sleet smashes the killer drones and sends many spiraling down to the city below, but about half still remain. The drop their strange guns, now expended and useless, and close in around you like angry wasps, slashing and biting with razor-sharp claws. They are met by Rocky, who slams his massive stony arms down before you and deflects their whirring, buzzing mandibles completely. The drones, however, don't seem discouraged despite their attacks being completely ineffective. In fact, they feel almost perfectly content to annoy you, as if they know they're pinning you down for something bigger and nastier to arrive.

OOC
    I will resolve this as two squads of 5, each squad only rolling once and applying the results to all members.

ECK Collapsatron Death Swarm Reflex DC 22, Toughness DC 27/21: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
    1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
    1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
    1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15

Both pass their reflex saves. The first squad passes toughness but the second is wiped out even at the lower DC.

Rocky uses Interpose on you. He can't attack because he has no ranged attacks. He also doesn't want to start breaking chunks off the platform you're standing on to toss.

The Death Swarms then close to melee range and use Shred on you, resolving the attack as a squad like the last time. This attack is autofire. They get a total of 23 on attack (18 plus three aid bonuses, capped at +5), which hits, but Rocky interposes and takes the hit. His Impervious 8 absorbs the attacks.

The Death Swarms now surround you on all sides, in melee range. You can get only 2 of them with a cone attack. An area burst will get all of them, but also hit Rocky.

Turn Order
    17 Collapsatron Death Swarm x5 (Minion)
    10 Jackie Frost *
    10 Rocky

You're up!

Kisai
    Headquarters -- Emerald Tower

Spellweaver gestures to the broken window. "The city and her people need their heroes. Knights! Ride out!" She flies out on her magic carpet, followed by William, and finally Warp ports out with a snap! of air rushing in to fill the spot the was in a second ago, leaving you alone in the destroyed HQ.

OOC
    There are a few things you can try to find Mars. You can stunt a finding spell, such as the one you used to find Aranea long ago. This is essentially Detect Mars, with a few ranks of extended on it, easily fitting within your primary magic array. You easily pass any perception check to find him as long as he is not hidden from plain sight.

You can make a DC 10 Search check (as Mars is not attempting to hide and is easily recognizable to you) to find Mars without magic, at a -5 penalty for general chaos and disorder due to the attack. A cursory search of a 1mi radius around Emerald Tower will take about 2 minutes, assuming you are not attacked.

You can also call Mars on your commlink and ask him where he is (no checks needed). You can also try anything else you consider reasonable.