Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Merge: Cosmic Quandaries

OPA Belta

The Merge: Cosmic Quandaries

Space Station Citadel

It has been six months since the event that would eventually be known as The Merge - that monumental moment when hundreds, if not thousands, of universes crashed together.

Millions of new planets, species and creatures suddenly found themselves displaced, stranded in a universe that had not known them before. Of course, in many cases, panic ruled as supply routes were shattered and warlike species met in unfamiliar terrain.

Only the size of the galaxy has so far prevented all-out warfare. But everyone knows that it will only be a matter of time....

Which is why, in a monumental effort, the remnants of several large governing organizations at home in the Milky Way, have agreed to come together and form an alliance.

As one of the largest space stations, the Citadel, center of the former Galactic Council, has been chosen as the meeting place for representatives from nearly all galactic civilizations. Skrull, Kree, Klingons, members of the Federation of Planets...the number of ships and governments they represent is truly staggering.

The station is bursting with life of all kinds as ship's crews mingle and the representatives prepare for the beginning of the Galactic Peace Summit.

Many opportunistic visitors and lawkeepers fill the station, seeking either fame and fortune or wanting to ensure that everything runs according to plan...

Your characters are on the Citadel from the Mass Effect universe. Let me know what you are doing and why you came, maybe if you know each other already.
    Last edited by Neo-Paladin; 02-29-2016 at 05:38 AM.

Re: The Merge: Cosmic Quandaries

Maefal Nodro and R4-C8
    Condition: Reflecting
    HP: 1

Maefal is sitting on a bench in one of the Citadel's many shopping districts, waiting for R4. She and R4 came here to see the sights and maybe meet up with a mercenary crew or the like, but have had no such luck, so she just sat here, reflecting. Six months. It's been six months since everything changed, since countless universes were smashed together and she was allowed to start over. Things haven't exactly gotten easier - she's faced more than a few bitter Sith and vengeful Jedi in her travels - but they were definitely better. She looks up, and sees a Volus jabbing accusingly a finger at a Quarian. Maefal sighs and walks briskly over to the two aliens.

"What seems to be the problem here?" she asks.

"This...hurk...vagrant stole my credit chit! I demand she...wheeze...return it now!" the Volus replies, enraged.

"I didn't, we bumped into each other! You're just saying that because I'm a Quarian!" the Quarian interjects, offended.

"And? Most of you are...hurk...scavengers and thieves, why shouldn't I think that you --"

"The Quarian didn't steal your chit. You want to go home and think about what you're doing with your life." Maefal interrupts, waving her hand in front of the Volus.

"The...gasp...Quarian didn't steal my chit. I want to go home and...wheeze...think about what I'm doing with my life." the Volus sleepily says, before walking off.

"Thank you, I really appreciate --" the Quarian begins, before gasping upon catching sight of Maefal's eyes and running away.

Maefal sighs, dejected. The more things change...

"<You ok, Mae?>" R4 says, arriving with a small box full of noodles and some chopsticks.

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine. Just...thinking." Maefal replies "Whats that?"

"<Ramen. It's apparently a delicacy back on Earth. Thought you'd like it.>"

"Heh. Thanks, R4." They then head back to the bench, and Maefal happily digs into the ramen.
    Last edited by PauloDeWalshio; 02-29-2016 at 03:12 AM.

OPA Belta

Firelord

His presence onboard the Citadel was not a welcome one! Somebody had finally updated the security protocols and when he had landed in the docking bay unaided, all manner of alarms had sounded as the system scanned him and
    Many of the security forces didn't know who that was, but a few Kree and Skrulls had joined up in the past six months and at least one of them was from a universe where he had not ceased being a Herald of Galactus.

Luckily, the few remaining Nova Corps Centurions had vouched for him and he had been provisionally granted access to the Citadel; a Vulcan named T'Pok had done a quick scan of him for their records, his curiosity outweighing his fear, if they had such emotions. From what he had seen of some of this pointed ear species, they did not show any emotion and yet others demonstrated a warlike demeanour. Evidently there was some schism that had occurred there.

Most of the denizens of the Citadel gave him a wide berth; even if they did not know whom he was, the sight of a man with flaming hair and a flaming staff made people uneasy. New universe, same prejudices!

He could feel the myriad of lifeforces contained with the Citadel; many were familiar, but others were completely new, filled with energies and abilities he was unaware of, including the strange Keepers that maintained the station. There was something unusual about them, though it did not seem threatening.. He liked to ensure he knew as many species as possible, though most did not know of him now, which helped a little.

This Merge that had occurred had meant that he was relearning the pathways of the universe just like all the other factions that now populated this universe. Language had proven a barrier to many and Xandar with its massive computer banks and his ability to speak to anybody thanks to the Power Cosmic! had meant that many travelled to Xandar merely to help be understood. He had been travelling across the universe, trying to find what other cultures had arrived. With this Galactic Summit, he had been asked to attend. Representatives of Xandar would speak on behalf of Xandar, but a reminder of his power might help prevent a few troubles from occurring.

He witnessed a robed individual prevent a disagreement, but the suited individual had fled as well upon looking at her eyes. Sensing great power in this one, he decided to speak to her to establish if she was some form of threat.

"If you are wishing to try human food, I would recommend Pizza. It is truly a delicacy, though best enjoyed when the inhabitants do not interrupt your meal."

Barda of New Genesis
    Scott Free, Lantern Spirit.
    Conidition: Normal
    Active Senses: Extended 1, Radius Sight, Danger Sense (Acute and Analytical)

The towering woman gleaned looks and stares as she inevitably did. A few times someone though they recognized her, but her Apokliptian armour was more subdued and had far more green in it than normal.

Still, she was Barda of New Genesis and when slighted she would respond. For now, she saw no one that she knew, but the fire being... He seemed a kindred soul and she approached him.
    Last edited by Bladewind; 02-29-2016 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

OPA Belta

KYRA HP 1, LP 2, CONDITION oooo Shiny!

After a rather bumpy ride through the vortex, the girl opened the door to her ship and viewed a metal corridor, obviously on some sort of base or even another ship judging from the multitude of species she saw going about their business. "Nola, where have you brought me?" she said aloud eyes alight with delight. She saw two odd people in one corner, odd even by her standards and Nola whispered something inaudible in her ear.

"Right then! Adventure awaits! Tallyho!" she said and sauntered over to the robed girl and the guy on fire.

"Hi!" she said cheerfully. "Name's Kyra. What is this place?" she asked, taking an small 'cutie' orange out of her skirt's pocket and began peeling and eating it. Behind her, the door closed, looking like it was part of the base it was in, with only a very English '42' marking it as different.
    Last edited by kirinke; 02-29-2016 at 05:34 AM.

OPA Belta

V'aryn
    HP:1 Cnd: Curious

Stepping down the boarding ramp, V'aryn virtually stalked through the large crowd gathered on this small craftworld. The vast myriad of races before him made V'aryn...wary. This many different species means that there are that many ways things could go wrong. With that thought, a wide, feral grin spreads across his face. Conflict was a guaranteed. Someone would always find a way to take offense at something as trivial as just being alive.

And right on cue, he hears the confrontation. Like a moth to a flame, V'aryn slides silently through the throng, hoping to catch the birth of a beautiful confrontation...Only to watch as cloaked woman intervene. That, in itself, did not bother the Dark Eldar. The more, the merrier he thought. When the trio parts ways without so much as a single shove, he couldn't help but stare. The female had diffused the budding dance before the first step was ever taken. Like a cat denied it's prey, V'aryn couldn't, wouldn't just walk away. His stride now quickened to a deliberate step, bringing him closer...

Just as others gathered around the peacemaker. His entertainment derailed, V'aryn Ul'Drasra joined the eclectic group...again, the more, the merrier..."A deft deflection, I say. That was...interesting. To what end did you do this?" The question weighs heavy, though the tone is one of curiosity, not malice.

Maefal Nodro and R4-C8
    Condition: "Why are so many people talking to me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Corrigon View Post
    He witnessed a robed individual prevent a disagreement, but the suited individual had fled as well upon looking at her eyes. Sensing great power in this one, he decided to speak to her to establish if she was some form of threat.

"If you are wishing to try human food, I would recommend Pizza. It is truly a delicacy, though best enjoyed when the inhabitants do not interrupt your meal."
    Maefal nearly jumps out of her skin when she sees the fiery being in front of her, but quickly regains her composure. "Pizza, huh? R4, put that down as a reminder."

"<Sure. Sooo...d'ya think he knows he's on fire?>" replies R4

Maefal gives a swift kick to R4, before turning back to the mysterious fire man. "I'm Maefal Nodro. That's R4-C8, but I just call him R4." she says with a friendly smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    Still, she was Barda of New Genesis and when slighted she would respond. For now, she saw no one that she knew, but the fire being... He seemed a kindred soul and she approached him.
    "I think she's here to see you."

Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    "Hi!" she said cheerfully. "Name's Kyra. What is this place?" she asked, taking an small 'cutie' orange out of her skirt's pocket and began peeling and eating it. Behind her, the door closed, looking like it was part of the base it was in, with only a very English '42' marking it as different.
    Maefal begins to shift uncomfortably, as all these people around her cause memories of sadistic Sith lords towering over her to come flooding back.

"Umm...this is the Citadel. It was pretty much the centre of its universe politically, from what I understand." she states nervously to Kyra

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbourne View Post
    as others gathered around the peacemaker. His entertainment derailed, V'aryn Ul'Drasra joined the eclectic group...again, the more, the merrier..."A deft deflection, I say. That was...interesting. To what end did you do this?" The question weighs heavy, though the tone is one of curiosity, not malice.
    "I've done a lot of really terrible things. I'm looking to make up for them." Maefal explains, her voice switching from nervous to melancholic.

OPA Belta

Alicia
    Condition: Curious, not using the Tick
    Senses: Perception +12, Extended Audio/Vision (-1/100'), Danger Sense: Audio, Uncanny Dodge

Alicia was impressed. The Empire had space fortresses, but none as large as this Citadel, and only around its most important systems. And the Empire certainly wouldn't be trusting enough to invite others aboard. Nor would civilians be allowed aboard.

This Merge had brought many strange things. But this potential for cooperation between different civilizations, this alone made it worthwhile.

Of course, there were many who did not wish for peace and prosperity, at least not for others. And they were out there, already skirmishing, bickering, even warring, and it had only been 6 months.

Alicia had participated in several space battles already, and been forced to flee as creatures, apparently space Orks, ravaged a small space colony.

That experience had been enough to inspire Alicia to look for allies. There was brutality and cruelty enough in this Merged universe that Alicia, Magaera, and even Tisiphone couldn't idly sit by, but they needed help. So, when word of this Galactic Summit reached them, they jumped at the chance to join such an alliance.

Now, here they were, at the Citadel. Magaera was docked, and Alicia/Tisiphone were wandering the station, taking in the fantastic sights, and trying to simply not be overwhelmed by the sheer variety of beings here.

At least her combat gear did not seem out of place here. She drew attention, but apparently not enough for most people to actually bother with her. Not like SOME of the beings. She would swear that she had just seen a 2 headed, 3 armed man - and from the looks of it, the third arm and second head had been grafted on.. For fashion??
    Last edited by Nelphine; 03-01-2016 at 05:18 AM.
    Ragtop, Autobot! And Zeanthara, Are You a God?
    Fenix, in the Merge, and Alicia DeVries, in the Cosmic Merge
    Supe of the Justice League Academy

OPA Belta

Firelord
    Senses Energy Sight (4 powers) (33 PP)
    - Detect Energy, Ranged, Extended 17, Acute, Analytical, Tracking (22)
    - Vision: Analytical, Microscopic, Extended 3 (5)
    - Detect Cosmic Power, Ranged, Extended (3)
    - Enhanced Perception 6 (3)

He looked around at the people who had approached. The energy matrices he could sense intrigued him.

"I am Firelord of Xandar. Who might all of you be?"

He leaned down to R4 and whispered to the droid

"And it is cosmic fire."

Maefal Nodro and R4-C8
    Condition: Introducing herself

Quote Originally Posted by Corrigon View Post
    "I am Firelord of Xandar. Who might all of you be?"
    "I'm Maefal Nodro and this R4-C8, or R4 for short." Maefal reiterates for those who weren't there when she initially introduced herself and the droid.

He leaned down to R4 and whispered to the droid

"And it is cosmic fire."
    "<Oh no, you can understand me, can't you?>" R4 replies, though to anyone who doesn't speak Binary it just sounds like a series of bleeping noises.