Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Merge: Cosmic Quandaries 3e (recruitment closed)

UN Basic Recipient

Re: The Merge: Cosmic Quandaries 3e Interest check

Well, to try to balance all those Jedi, Sith, and Mandos, I'll be looking over at the Marvel side of things; I was originally thinking Star-Lord circa mid 1970s (before the version folks have come to know from the movie), but I thought I'd try someone a little less known-like Rom, Spaceknight. Or at least a version of the guy....

If we wind up with that much SW influence, I will definitely offer something else.

Neo's merge world is so much the richer if you embrace multiple realities congregating. If we're all SW characters, we should find a SW game...

FYI = Green Ronin's Green Lantern Lite is a combo GL/ Galadorian Space Knight and the Cosmic Handbook has a template for it.
    Last edited by Bladewind; 02-11-2016 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    Well... somehow I missed this.

There are so many possibilities depending on the PL and direction you want...

• Shattered Glass Skywarp
    • Silver Surfer
    • Nova
    • Something with Predator Armor and training.... if not a straight up Predator
    • A certain Jedi...
    • An Imperial Champion - along the lines of Gladiator

This would also be a good setting for a Federation Starship that I had populated for fun with multiversal characters...
    The Scimitar is an Akira Class vessel with a complement of X-Wing fighters, a Twi-Lek Jedi, two X-Wing Autobots, one of which was a Headmaster with Anika Hansen... But I am getting ahead of myself.

Edit: Despite having a Jedi in the wings of the Merge game, I'd cede that role to you.

Edit 2: Voltron !!!!
    Supergirl (redux)

OPA Belta

I'm interested! Here's one of my submissions:

BACKGROUND
    My name is Kyriakiefthaliathekla, daughter of the Master or Missy as she calls herself now and the Doctor and River Song. You can call me Kyra, as I haven't earned my time lord name yet, being underage and all. Mom calls me her cheeky abomination from hell. I kinda earned that...

Well to make a looong and involved story short, Mom managed to steal some of the Doctor's and River Song's DNA and with the help of some device or other, combined hers and theirs in the device and popped me out of it. Now this was just a few months or centuries (depending on how you look at time) before the Merge happened, so when things went cockaloop, me and mom found ourselves in London. During a dragon attack and a goblin invasion.

Mom booked it, but I helped out. Seems, I take more after dad than anything else, though I do like a good tomb now and again. I can sort of feel dad and mum out there and stepmum usually likes to run around with me.

And I love to run. Want to take a ride and have some fun?

COMPLICATIONS
    Enemies: Kyra has her unfair share of enemies, due to being the daughter of three of the most infamous people in her reality and unfortunately, a fair number of those managed to get through as well.

Just want to have fun: Kyra really just wants to have fun, but like her father, her ship takes her where she needs to be, so that means she is often thrust into unlikely situations.

Parents: Her father would like to ground her to Earth, so Kyra tends to not let him anywhere near her ship for that reason. Her mother would like to steal her ship, so she definitely wouldn't want to have Missy anywhere near her ship either. About the only one she halfway trusts is River, because River is pretty content to run around with her! Between the two of them, they cause the Doctor more headaches than Missy does.

Strays: Kyra has a tendency to pick up companions and strays, helping them along the way and them helping her learn as well is all part of the fun.

School: Kyra is an underage Time Lord, one with parental difficulties and political difficulties to boot. The Time Lord Council came up with a solution to both problems. Home Schooling. She has to keep her grades up and her lessons and curriculum are decided by the council. !@#$%.

ABILITIES
    0 STR
    4 STA
    1 AGL
    1 DEX
    1 FGT
    11 INT
    2 AWE
    2 PRE
    PP 44

DEFENSES
    1(11) DODGE
    1(11) PARRY
    4(11) FORT
    4(11) TOUGH
    4(11) WILL
    PP 34

ADVANTAGES
    Benefit-Galactic Reputation
    Close Attack 8
    Equipment 9
    Improved Initiative 2
    Improvised Tools
    Inventor
    Jack-of-all-trades
    Luck 1
    Ranged Attack 10
    PP 34

SOCIAL ADVANTAGES
    Well informed
    Taunt

SKILLS
    2(12) Insight
    2(13) Intimidation
    2(13) Persuasion
    2(12) Perception
    1(10) Stealth
    11 Technology
    11 Investigation
    1(10) Vehicles
    Expertise
    11 Biology
    11 Chemistry
    11 History
    11 Physics
    11 Engineering
    11 Popular Culture/Current Events
    11 Theology/Philosophy
    PP 22

MENTAL POWERS (Dynamic Array)
    Mind Reading: Mind Reading 11 (DC 20)
    Communication: Mental Communication 4, selective
    Comprehend: Comprehend 9 (Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand, Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood, Machines / Electronics, Spirits - Communicate)
    Senses: Time Sense (temporal Awareness), direction sense, distance sense, Postcognition uncontrolled, precognition uncontrolled, spatial awareness.
    PP 25

TIME LORD PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
    Immortality: Immortality 6 (Return after 16 hours; Uncontrolled, Notes: Note when you come back you must roll up new stats, though your powers can remain mostly the same.)
    Respirtory Bypass and Bi Vascular System: Immunity 8 (Environmental Conditions (All), Sleep, Suffocation (All); Limited - Half Effect)
    Timeless: Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison; Custom: Cronal Memory, Custom: Cronal Bulwark, Notes: You have the ability to “remember” other timelines. If someone changes history, your memory contains two versions of events: the current timeline and the original one. These differing recollections let you know, first, that history has been changed and, second, may provide clues as to how and when it changed and what you can do about it. You are “fixed” in time such that when history is changed (see Temporal Tampering, following) you do not change with it. The difficulty is that only you (and others like you) remember the original timeline and you are now unfamiliar with the “new” world. If you have both this and the Chronal Memory Feature, you retain your traits from the original timeline, but remember both.)
    PP 16

DEVICES
    Nano Armor
    Protection 7
    Variable descriptor: Any style or color of clothes
    PP 7

Sonic Screw Driver (Easily Removable)
    Laser Beam: Damage 10 (laser, DC 25; Increased Range: ranged)
    Control Technology: Affliction 10 (Alternate; 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 21; Affects Objects Only, Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception, selective; Limited: Technology, Limited Degree (third only))
    Nullify: Nullify 10 (Alternate; Counters: locks and locked objects, DC 20; Broad)
    Sonice Noise: Create 10 (Alternate; Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Limited: sound)
    Sound Analysis: Senses 1 (Analytical: Hearing)
    PP 14

TARDIS (Nola)
    Time Machine - PL 11
    Strength 12, Defense -2, Toughness 11, Size Gargantuan
    Features:
    Autopilot 1 (+4), Communications 1, Computer, Defense System, Dual Size 2 (Large), Habitat, Hangar, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Self-repairing 1, Intelligent, Summonable 1, Variable Environment, Workshop, hydroponics bay.
    Powers
    Chameleon Circuit: Morph 2 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Narrow group; Limited: Can only change into objects, plants etc Notes: Can only change into objects, plants etc)
    Flight: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
    Movement: Movement 6 (Space Travel 3: other galaxies)(Time Travel 3: any time. Note: GM has final say over destination/time due to the laws of Fixed points and bad things happening therein should they be violated.))
    Power Points
    Abilities 3 + Powers 24 + Advantages 0 + Features 19 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 0 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 46
    Last edited by kirinke; 05-08-2016 at 08:01 PM.

You actually want to play a Timelord !?

Wonder how Neo will appreciate that !
    Blade's Builds

OPA Belta

Hey, he did say cosmic! You can't get much more cosmic than a renegade, Gallifreyan Timelord!

I'm sure I can play one without it being game breaking. Especially if the time machine is more of a Plot Device than anything else.
    Last edited by kirinke; 02-12-2016 at 06:36 AM.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    FYI = Green Ronin's Green Lantern Lite is a combo GL/ Galadorian Space Knight and the Cosmic Handbook has a template for it.
    I did see that, but it's a bit iffy as to its fit for Rom. I've got a sketchwork build put together, based upon my very few issues of those old comics, old OHOTMU entries, the TSR's RPG stats and the work of some of the fine folks at Roll Call, but I'm still tweaking-and which will likely tweak more when PL and point allocation is revealed. The good news is that I can easily have Rom scaling up or down depending on the PL-something which would be a bit trickier with some of the other character concepts I've got floating around.

OPA Belta

Yup, PL and points will definitely affect my choice. Star Phoenix is PL 14, and 400ish points, although he's not very efficiently built, like having immortality 25 and a reaction attack that only triggers on immortality activation. Very fluffy, but very very expensive without adding a lot.
    Ragtop, Autobot! And Zeanthara, Are You a God?
    Fenix, in the Merge, and Alicia DeVries, in the Cosmic Merge
    Supe of the Justice League Academy

Just thought of this one as a possibility...

Big Barda with a GL ring. More precisely, Big Barda with Scott Free as a ghost possessing GL abilitiesť
    Definitely a minion or sidekick style build, so not sure if it'll be acceptable, but...

So many ideas !
    Blade's Builds

Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Hey, he did say cosmic! You can't get much more cosmic than a renegade, Gallifreyan Timelord!

I'm sure I can play one without it being game breaking. Especially if the time machine is more of a Plot Device than anything else.
    I would say Temporal and Cosmic though both Epic are distinctly different