Page 145 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1482

Thread: [3e] Pillars Rise and Heroes Fall (Full)

Re: [3e] Pillars Rise and Heroes Fall (Full)

Quote Originally Posted by TekHed View Post
    Yeah I have not been rolling too great myself.

Monk could you clarify if I have my HP or not?
    I don't have the pm anymore when we discussed this - I think so? Let's go with sure since your getting butt kicked.

Ouch ... he's going to need it with that -5 penalty on his active defenses

Damn...rolled two 18's on his saves. Why do the villains get all the good rolls???

A couple things Monk: How is it a DC 37? The formula for damage is 15+attack rating. He is rolling 8 Dice to hit at PL 12 so at most the attack would be a rank 16, for a DC of 31. Unless you are power attacking which you didn't specify this time but you did last time and that same DC was 33??? Is it multiattack?

Also, from Turbine's sheet he has Regen 1, for every 10 rounds. Have you upgraded him to Regen rank 10?

Here is my Toughness: Toughness: 1D20+10 = [12]+10 = 22

So that's a bruise and Staggered if indeed DC 35, or a Bruise and Dazed if DC 31

The character sheet you're referring to was for the old game. I know that I was given changes for Zzzzt, so you may be misled working from old data. Which is, of course, one of the hazards of metagaming...

Well he did post links to Undine.

Also doesn't explain the math for DC 35. I got dinged for not posting the full details of my rolls a few posts ago so just want to be sure the math adds up, and in this case the difference between being dazed for a round, or staggered is kinda major.

Give it an f-ing break

In our PM conversation Monk admitted he was still learning the rules, and not a day ago didn't understand how multiattack worked. Nothing wrong with hashing things out with new characters and new builds.

Honestly your open and private hostility is bugging me. We should be able to ask for clarification on stuff when it's not stated, especially after he got on me for not spelling out the stacking improved crit.

Turbines normal attack is a +12 - I only added +8 for power attack 4 - you are bruised and staggered.

Turbines regen isn't rank 1 - I only linked the character sheets for you to see the power types not for you to see their stats. If you want to make a technology knowledge check as an action you can find out what his regen capabilities are.

I only asked you to record your stuff so I can keep track - I do know how multiattacks work I just was confused why the DC was so high and asked for clarification. If you'd prefer me to do the same I just like to keep track of everything (running 4 villains and keeping track of all you guys is hard)

Ok. I guessed that but neither in your post nor roll did you mention he was power attacking for 4. Does it still count in that case?

I'm just imagining if I did the same, didn't post power attack for the roll at the time you probably wouldn't let me add it after?

Edit: wait so you are saying his normal attack is +12 to hit and +12 damage, but you power attacked for 4... so he rolled +8, and damage of +16... that's still DC 31, not 35.

It would only be DC 35 if you started with a +8/+16 attack and then power attacked for 4...but then you'd be rolling with +4 not +8, and the attack would have missed entirely.

I'm not trying to be difficult just to be an ass here. The roll just doesn't add up....
    Last edited by TekHed; 07-17-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TekHed View Post
    Ok. I guessed that but neither in your post nor roll did you mention he was power attacking for 4. Does it still count in that case?

I'm just imagining if I did the same, didn't post power attack for the roll at the time you probably wouldn't let me add it after?

Edit: wait so you are saying his normal attack is +12 to hit and +12 damage, but you power attacked for 4... so he rolled +8, and damage of +16... that's still DC 31, not 35.

It would only be DC 35 if you started with a +8/+16 attack and then power attacked for 4...but then you'd be rolling with +4 not +8, and the attack would have missed entirely.

I'm not trying to be difficult just to be an ass here. The roll just doesn't add up....
    Hold on - let me double check what I did and make sure, because now your making me second guess what I did.

Also forgot to say this earlier, but everyone please treat each other with respect. The problem with PbP is we don't read tone very well. Just like in texting. I ask everyone give everyone else the benefit of the doubt and please don't treat others with anything other then respect.