We’ve got some amazing news and some sad news, in regards to our Volunteer GM program aka the Freebooters. We’ve decided to refocus our efforts and launch the Gen Con Freebooters program instead!
We’re a super small company, and we’re spread out around the US. It is difficult to support an international program when you’re an indie company, or even a US-based program. We simply haven’t been able to offer up the perks that larger companies can support, such as the Pathfinder Society and the D&D Adventurers League. These are amazing programs, and we hope someday to build up a most excellent group of volunteers.
We decided at the last Ronin Summit to focus our energy on supporting volunteer GMs at Gen Con, especially as we found out that Mutants & Masterminds is one of the Gen Con High Demand Games. Over the years, we have also received a lot of requests for more Song of Ice & Fire games, plus we’re always happy for more Dragon Age. This year, we’re hoping for more submissions for Fantasy Age and Fantasy Age/Titansgrave.
With all this in mind, we are excited for the Gen Con Freebooter program. We’re looking for volunteers to run games, whether one session or 4-days of sessions. Early submissions starts January 6th! Here’s how it works:
- Green Ronin will pick up your 4-day badge in return for 12-hours worth of game time scheduled
- For 16+ hours of game time scheduled, Green Ronin will reimburse your hotel based on ¼ of a regular rate. As an example, if a room is $200 per night we’ll pick up your part, so $50 per night!
- Green Ronin must submit your games to count towards the free badge and room reimbursement.
- You are still welcome to submit games via your favorite game group or other game companies, but we will only pick up badges/hotel reimburse for our submitted games.
- Free Green Ronin Freebooter t-shirt, while supplies last
Go the Gen Con Freebooter GM Sign Up form!
Don’t need a free badge or hotel reimbursement? We’d still love to feature your game! If you submit a game with your favorite gaming group, or on your own, let us know and we’ll promote your game via our social media and at the Gen Con booth.
Another item of note. We’ll be working with ConTessa and Tabletop Gaymers to promote women and LGBTQIA+ GMs. If you would like to submit to be a GM in these special events, please let me know directly at email@example.com