Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The threat that still remains|DAI:Inquisition

The threat that still remains|DAI:Inquisition

story (sorry for my writing skills)
    After the betrayal of the Iron Bull when he joined Ben-Hassrath. The inquisition fell apart, especially the inquisitor who became pregnant with is unborn child. She faced hardship through out the years of the abstinence of the Bull, as same of others who followed Bull in war for many of years, even before the inquisition. They all wondered why he would do such a thing. Through time they healed but not for the inquisitor. She was left with the Anchor still stuck on her hand that was causing much pain and having to give birth in 9 months as well switch she knew would die soon.

The night she gave birth to a baby. She used up all of her life energy to save her unborn and trusted her friends like Cassandra, Black wall ect.. to guide the child to become the next inquisitor.

20 years later...

The child got the titled Inquisitor at Skyhold. Now, the new inquisitor has to deal with all of the problems and how to short them out but there was one major problem that a raised. The Ben-Hassrath is making threats to the inquisition. Now, it's up to the inquisitor fight against them.

*check out occ/recruiting thread here:http://roninarmy.com/threads/3977-DA...92#post153492*
    Last edited by IronBull; 12-27-2015 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Putting a link in
    "My people don't pick leaders from the strongest, or the smartest, or even the most talented. We pick the ones willing to make the hard decisions... and live with the consequences."

OPA Belta

Re: The threat that still remains|DAI:Inquisition

Danarius' Study(Skyhold Castle)

The noise outside his window reminded him of Minrathos,though smaller in scale.The Forgers working at their craft's,the Soldiers working with their steel,the Archers with their bows,it was almost...Peaceful.
    He knew it wouldn't last.
    His Portents were never wrong,even when he had wished they were.It was one of the Main Reasons why Leliana sent for him.With the threat of the Ben-Hassrath breathing down the Inquistion's Collective necks,they needed any Edge they could get,even if it was Blood Magic.

Giving out a sigh and closing his Book with an audiable SNAP,Danarius set out his Tea set and Prepared to meet with the Inquisitor,Who he Barely even Knew..
    Last edited by MacynSnow; 01-04-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: finally got the City Name
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by MacynSnow View Post
    Danarius' Study(Skyhold Castle)

The noise outside his window reminded him of Tevinter's Capital(OOC:I can't remember it's name to save my life right now,even though I ran 5 RL games in it..),though smaller in scale.The Forgers working at their craft's,the Soldiers working with their steel,the Archers with their bows,it was almost...Peaceful.
    He knew it wouldn't last.
    His Portents were never wrong,even when he had wished they were.It was one of the Main Reasons why Leliana sent for him.With the threat of the Ben-Hassrath breathing down the Inquistion's Collective necks,they needed any Edge they could get,even if it was Blood Magic.

Giving out a sigh and closing his Book with an audiable SNAP,Danarius set out his Tea set and Prepared to meet with the Inquisitor,Who he Barely even Knew..
    Hope was in the Quarry room counting all of the weapons and shields trying to take hold of things, mostly her emotions. A soldier told her that Danarius was ready to talk about the whole Ben-Hassrath situation. She nodded and left her materials on the table. When she got up the stairs he was there waiting at a table in the throne room. She sat on the other side of him and took a small breath before saying "How do we deal with this threat? How can we prevent a war?" she also sent her solders to find Arken. She would much prevent a war then to engage in them.
    "My people don't pick leaders from the strongest, or the smartest, or even the most talented. We pick the ones willing to make the hard decisions... and live with the consequences."

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by IronBull View Post
    Hope was in the Quarry room counting all of the weapons and shields trying to take hold of things, mostly her emotions. A soldier told her that Danarius was ready to talk about the whole Ben-Hassrath situation. She nodded and left her materials on the table. When she got up the stairs he was there waiting at a table in the throne room. She sat on the other side of him and took a small breath before saying "How do we deal with this threat? How can we prevent a war?" she also sent her solders to find Arken. She would much prevent a war then to engage in them.
    Skyhold Throne Room
    Raising a dark-haired Eyebrow at her Bluntness,he replied
    "Well good morning to you,as well,my Lady Inquisitor.."
    Clearing his throat(Mostly as a way to calm his mild temper down:he loathed rudeness),he took a sip of his Tea,Savoring the Flavors&smell for a moment,he awnsers her question with one of his own before he begins
    "How do you prevent Scolding children from attacking each other?How do you stop 2 people from fighting?...you take away the reason for the Fight in the First place."
    Putting his hand under his chin,he strokes his Dark Goatee as he ask's her
    "Do we know why they're Threatening us or are we as stuck in the Dark as the Dwarves..."
    Last edited by MacynSnow; 12-31-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Skyhold Throne Room
    Raising a dark-haired Eyebrow at her Bluntness,he replied
    "Well good morning to you,as well,my Lady Inquisitor.."
    Clearing his throat(Mostly as a way to calm his mild temper down:he loathed rudeness),he took a sip of his Tea,Savoring the Flavors&smell for a moment,ha awnsers her question with one of his own before he begins
    "How do you prevent Scolding children from attacking each other?How do you stop 2 people from fighting?...you take away the reason for the Fight in the First place."
    Putting his hand under his chin,he strokes his Dark Goatee as he ask's her
    "Do we know why they're Threatening us or are we as stuck in the Dark as the Dwarves..."
    She took in a breath and exhaled "my apologies sir. Good morning to you too" Forgetting to be polite to him. She is under stress of the threat. She layed out the note that she held and placed it on the table. "they're saying that we are involved in this dread wolf mission to destroy the world and how..." she didn't want to say it "we are all going to die if we don't stand down. I don't even know who this dread wolf is" Her breathing got heavier. "They still think my mother is still inquisitor".

OPA Belta

She took in a breath and exhaled "my apologies sir. Good morning to you too" Forgetting to be polite to him. She is under stress of the threat. She layed out the note that she held and placed it on the table. "they're saying that we are involved in this dread wolf mission to destroy the world and how..." she didn't want to say it "we are all going to die if we don't stand down. I don't even know who this dread wolf is" Her breathing got heavier. "They still think my mother is still inquisitor".
    Skyhold throne room
    Noticing how shaken she suddenly started getting,Danarius Placed his gloved hand atop her's as he sat down(Moving the Chair closer as he does so).Giving her a small smile,he tells her
    "Relax,Hope.The Gods work their will in their own way,and I don't think they intend for anything bad to happen to you.I Know what it's like to have something thrusted upon you at a young age,Uncertain of weither or not you Can Fill the Heavy Shoes you were given.I do not lie to you when I say that I Believe in you as shurly as I believe in the Fade.The Awnser to our problem is staring us right in the face,it so simple..."

Danarius hold's up the slip of Paper that Portents of their Doom.Giving her a "Cat-that-ate-the-Canary" grin,he says
    "We simply find this Jackinape that's Calling himself The Dread Wolf and his followers&destroy them before they can mobilize.."

Skyhold throne room
    Noticing how shaken she suddenly started getting,Danarius Placed his gloved hand atop her's as he sat down(Moving the Chair closer as he does so).Giving her a small smile,he tells her
    "Relax,Hope.The Gods work their will in their own way,and I don't think they intend for anything bad to happen to you.I Know what it's like to have something thrusted upon you at a young age,Uncertain of weither or not you Can Fill the Heavy Shoes you were given.I do not lie to you when I say that I Believe in you as shurly as I believe in the Fade.The Awnser to our problem is staring us right in the face,it so simple..."

Danarius hold's up the slip of Paper that Portents of their Doom.Giving her a "Cat-that-ate-the-Canary" grin,he says
    "We simply find this Jackinape that's Calling himself The Dread Wolf and his followers&destroy them before they can mobilize.."
    "but we don't know anything about this dread wolf or how to start" Trying to keep calm. "What would my mother do?" unintentionally speaking that out loud. "i don't want anyone to get hurt" She was feeling more comfortable with him. (if you want me to make more sentence. Just say so )
    Last edited by IronBull; 12-31-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Arken Hawke
    Arken's Quarters, Skyhold

Arken awoke to the knocking on his door. The morning light cast a warm glow upon his beautiful face. It was later than his usual morning wake-up, and he expected that the Inquisitor would be rather put-off with his tardiness.

The Inquisitor. That'd take some getting used to, after knowing her as simply Hope for all his life.

He bolted up, and hurried to his wardrobe, not even paying attention to the sleeping woman that shared his bed. His wardrobe had already been so organized into sets of clothes that he can just grab a set and it would be a finely-matched set. He took one set, and put it on with the ease and elegance of many years of practice under the Grand Enchantress Vivienne's watchful gaze.

"You are truly a sight to behold, Master Hawke," came a feminine voice, from the woman on the bed. "You are as beautiful putting your clothes on as you are taking them off."

Without missing a beat, Arken searched his mind for information about the woman. He recalled that she was one of Skyhold's guards, and was off-duty when he tempted her to his bed last night. Just like Lady Vivienne had taught to him, the lower classes become easily intoxicated with even just the illusion of elegance, nobility, and beauty, and so Arken did not even have to use his magic to lure her in.

Arken finished donning his clothes, and finally pinned on the badge of the Inquisition. He waved his metallic walking stick, and a magical wave of cleansing washed over him, removing all traces of the previous night's trysts. He then turned and smiled dashingly to the woman, whose name he had never known, "Thank you, my dear. I hope your night was as wonderful as you had made mine. Even now, my knees are weak, and my body is atingle with your magical talents. I should know - I am a mage, after all."

The woman blushed at that, and before she could reply, Arken swept gracefully out of the room, nodding and winking at the knocking female guard as he walked past. He had no time to pay attention to the surprise in the two guards' eyes as they recognized each other.

Arken Hawke
    Throne Room, Skyhold

Just as he entered the room, Arken overheard Danarius' suggestion to assassinate the Dread Wolf, and Hope's indecision. With a graceful bow, he announced himself.

"I bid you both a good morning, messeres. I apologize for my tardiness, Hope... er, Milady Inquisitor, but I had been deep in... magical research."

Arken did not trust Danarius, especially after his uncle, the Champion of Kirkwall, told him of the incident regarding one of Danarius' escaped slaves, Fenris. It did not sit well with him that he was holding Hope's hand and was sitting so close to her.

Without giving an outward sign of his distrust and discomfort, Arken takes his place on the other side of Hope, opposite to Danarius. He looks the note over, and muses, "I pray that we have grown past trying to assassinate every threat that crosses our path. I think we've made more enemies than solved problems that way." And then he smiles at Danarius.

Still holding the note, Arken stood up and began to gracefully pace the room as he searched his mind for relevant information. "I remember of Dalish legends of Fen'Harel, the elves' god of betrayal and rebellion. These legends refer to him as the Dread Wolf. Perhaps this is related? If it is, my dear Inquisitor, then perhaps we can contact the Champion of Kirkwall. He counts among his companions a Dalish elf of significant renown and power, Keeper Merrill."
    Last edited by TheGreyWulf; 01-01-2016 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Fixed locations

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreyWulf View Post
    Arken Hawke
    Arken's Quarters, Skyhold

Arken awoke to the knocking on his door. The morning light cast a warm glow upon his beautiful face. It was later than his usual morning wake-up, and he expected that the Inquisitor would be rather put-off with his tardiness.

The Inquisitor. That'd take some getting used to, after knowing her as simply Hope for all his life.

He bolted up, and hurried to his wardrobe, not even paying attention to the sleeping woman that shared his bed. His wardrobe had already been so organized into sets of clothes that he can just grab a set and it would be a finely-matched set. He took one set, and put it on with the ease and elegance of many years of practice under the Grand Enchantress Vivienne's watchful gaze.

"You are truly a sight to behold, Master Hawke," came a feminine voice, from the woman on the bed. "You are as beautiful putting your clothes on as you are taking them off."

Without missing a beat, Arken searched his mind for information about the woman. He recalled that she was one of Skyhold's guards, and was off-duty when he tempted her to his bed last night. Just like Lady Vivienne had taught to him, the lower classes become easily intoxicated with even just the illusion of elegance, nobility, and beauty, and so Arken did not even have to use his magic to lure her in.

Arken finished donning his clothes, and finally pinned on the badge of the Inquisition. He waved his metallic walking stick, and a magical wave of cleansing washed over him, removing all traces of the previous night's trysts. He then turned and smiled dashingly to the woman, whose name he had never known, "Thank you, my dear. I hope your night was as wonderful as you had made mine. Even now, my knees are weak, and my body is atingle with your magical talents. I should know - I am a mage, after all."

The woman blushed at that, and before she could reply, Arken swept gracefully out of the room, nodding and winking at the knocking female guard as he walked past. He had no time to pay attention to the surprise in the two guards' eyes as they recognized each other.

Arken Hawke
    Throne Room, Skyhold

Just as he entered the room, Arken overheard Danarius' suggestion to assassinate the Dread Wolf, and Hope's indecision. With a graceful bow, he announced himself.

"I bid you both a good morning, messeres. I apologize for my tardiness, Hope... er, Milady Inquisitor, but I had been deep in... magical research."

Arken did not trust Danarius, especially after his uncle, the Champion of Kirkwall, told him of the incident regarding one of Danarius' escaped slaves, Fenris. It did not sit well with him that he was holding Hope's hand and was sitting so close to her.

Without giving an outward sign of his distrust and discomfort, Arken takes his place on the other side of Hope, opposite to Danarius. He looks the note over, and muses, "I pray that we have grown past trying to assassinate every threat that crosses our path. I think we've made more enemies than solved problems that way." And then he smiles at Danarius.

Still holding the note, Arken stood up and began to gracefully pace the room as he searched his mind for relevant information. "I remember of Dalish legends of Fen'Harel, the elves' god of betrayal and rebellion. These legends refer to him as the Dread Wolf. Perhaps this is related? If it is, my dear Inquisitor, then perhaps we can contact the Champion of Kirkwall. He counts among his companions a Dalish elf of significant renown and power, Keeper Merrill."
    She looked at Arken as he entered the room and smiled a bit. "no worries Arken" feeling more relieved that he is here trying to help put the problem. She looks back at Danarius with equal trust in her eyes. She appreciates him trying to comfort her in a hard time.

She squinted. "Fen'Harel?" a but puzzled of who this character is. She thinks to herself for a few minutes. She remembers a mage who used to serve her mother by the name Solas but for now she will keep quiet and talk about this champion. She look at Arken from her thoughts. "Anything is better then doing nothing. We will find this Champion and talk to him" as she looked back to Danarius to see if he approved. "Do you agree Danarius or is there any other options that could help" she asked kindly. She wanted him to have a voice as well in this matter.

She looked at Arken as he entered the room and smiled a bit. "no worries Arken" feeling more relieved that he is here trying to help put the problem. She looks back at Danarius with equal trust in her eyes. She appreciates him trying to comfort her in a hard time.

She squinted. "Fen'Harel?" a but puzzled of who this character is. She thinks to herself for a few minutes. She remembers a mage who used to serve her mother by the name Solas but for now she will keep quiet and talk about this champion. She look at Arken from her thoughts. "Anything is better then doing nothing. We will find this Champion and talk to him" as she looked back to Danarius to see if he approved. "Do you agree Danarius or is there any other options that could help" she asked kindly. She wanted him to have a voice as well in this matter.

ARKEN HAWKE
    THRONE ROOM, SKYHOLD

"I shall make inquiries as soon as possible, milady," Arken said as Danarius hesitated. "Even if I am mistaken, and our Dread Wolf is wholly unrelated to the Elves' Dread Wolf, it would still warm my heart to once more be in contact with my dear uncle."

He took his seat once more, his back straight and his chin tilted slightly upward just like Lady Vivienne had ingrained into his very being, and tapped the stone floor with his walking stick twice. "I would so love to hear of his adventures at sea with Miss Isabela, to hear news of the Dalish from Keeper Merrill."

He then leveled a lingering but neutral gaze at Danarius. "And to hear of slave rebellions from Master Fenris, who himself was once a slave in a noble house in Tevinter. Specifically in Minrathous, if memory serves."