Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The threat that still remains|DAI:Inquisition

Re: The threat that still remains|DAI:Inquisition

Quote Originally Posted by MacynSnow View Post
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
    Danarius Vakhan
    Qunari Ship
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Cursing at himself for not being able to react fast enough to Iron Bull's Attack on Arken(and himself for having to be aided back onto the Carriage by him:He Hated to owe favors to anyone),Danarius called upon The Fade as Black,Etherial armor formed across his Body(Ooc:I don't like the Way Rock Armor looks like it would prevent Movement,so I'm changing a Little of it...Don't hate me for it!) as his staff suddenly apperared before him.Keeping in front of the Kidnapper and Iron Bull,Danarius said to them both
    "I would SUGGEST you place Our Lady Inquisitor down,Unchain her,and state your Business with her before my Raising ally and Myself decide to do it FOR YOU."...
    -------------
    Kidnapper
    -------------
    He looked back and forth between Iron bull and Danrius. "You hurt your lady friend if you hurt me" he said aggressively. His brings the struggling victim down from his shoulder and placed her infront of him with a knife. "Back off or summit".

-----------
    Iron Bull
    -----------
    He struggled to rationalized that the old one died. He didn't know how to deal with that. He was more emotional tuned the majority of Qunaris. Bunch of question came to his mind. Like who is this girl, why she looks like qunari, if he is the father by chance ect... It got him curious about her.

Lifting his battles axe slowly of thinking of who to attack. Darnius, or the kidnapper. He couldn't really decide. If he attacked one of his comrades he would be disobeying his order, leaving him once again exiled out of curiosity of the girl but if he attacked Danrius. He would be gain more trust from his pack. 90% of his group distrusted him because he has disobeyed again. They only reason why he was accepted back is that he had major information on Skyhold.

-----------
    Kidnapper
    -----------
    He yelled at Iron Bull. "FOCUS! ATTACK HIM NOW!" as he kept his knife on Hope neck.

--------------
    Hope Smith
    --------------
    While she had a knife on her neck she noticed that Iron Bull was hesitate attacking. While the kidnappers attention was somewhere else she immeditally grabbed his wrist and took a bite out of his arm. The kidnapper dropped his knife and immediately held his lower arm where she bit. He snarled at her. Hope didn't have a weapon so she ran to Arken side to help him up. She looked at Danerius "Kill the intruder and spare the one eyed for questioning". She looked at the ship and seen the Qun logo. Trying to memorize the appearance. "Quickly! More are coming this way!" Her heart was beating fast.
    "My people don't pick leaders from the strongest, or the smartest, or even the most talented. We pick the ones willing to make the hard decisions... and live with the consequences."

ARKEN HAWKE
    Southern Shore of the Waking Sea, Near Skyhold

Arken cursed silently to himself for having lost his cool, allowing Iron Bull to sneak up behind him. As the ringing in his ears started to die down, he saw the look in Hope's eyes as the young Inquisitor assessed the situation with a level head, even with a knife to her throat. They had grown up together, and had trained for battle under the tutelage of Cullen and Cassandra. Arken had a fair idea of what Hope had in mind, and so prepared himself accordingly.

As Hope wrenched herself free of the Qunari's clutches and Danarius began the quick incantations to a spell that was directed at the kidnapper, Arken sprang into action. With a well-aimed arcane bolt to his opponent's knee, the Knight Enchanter brought the surprised and hesitating Iron Bull down on one knee. The combat training of the Templars and the Seekers ingrained into his body, Arken immediately closed the distance between himself and the enemy before the towering enemy can recover, conjuring his Spirit Blade once more. This time, however, he intended to take his target alive, and so Arken had formed the magical blade to have dull edges. He then stepped into his battle dance, the combat style that Grand Enchantress Vivienne had taught him, his movements graceful and beautiful but his strikes lethal and true. He stepped up to the kneeling Iron Bull and struck him in the neck, causing the Qunari to choke and cough as his airway was temporarily crushed. Without breaking momentum, Arken stepped to the side, twirling around, and brought his dull-edged Spirit Blade down upon the back of Iron Bull's neck. The gigantic beast fell on its face, but Arken knew that such a powerful creature cannot be felled by a single blow - for good measure, he swung his magical sword straight down on the back of the Qunari's skull. With a grunt, Iron Bull stilled, the only movement of his body coming from his breathing.

"I guess that makes us even," Arken whispered harshly as he stood victoriously over his unconscious quarry. It had all happened in the span of a few seconds. He looked up to see Danarius concluding his spell, with the Qunari kidnapper helpless to stop it. From the Qunari ship approached a row boat with a handful of the horned warriors, all wielding spears and short swords, none of which stands out as weapons of the military Antaam. From the direction of Skyhold charged the Inquisition soldiers, with the wizened form of Lady Cassandra on a midnight-black charger at the head of the formation. To Arken, this was turning out to be a very interesting day, indeed.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreyWulf View Post

ARKEN HAWKE

Arken cursed silently to himself for having lost his cool, allowing Iron Bull to sneak up behind him. As the ringing in his ears started to die down, he saw the look in Hope's eyes as the young Inquisitor assessed the situation with a level head, even with a knife to her throat. They had grown up together, and had trained for battle under the tutelage of Cullen and Cassandra. Arken had a fair idea of what Hope had in mind, and so prepared himself accordingly.

As Hope wrenched herself free of the Qunari's clutches and Danarius began the quick incantations to a spell that was directed at the kidnapper, Arken sprang into action. With a well-aimed arcane bolt to his opponent's knee, the Knight Enchanter brought the surprised and hesitating Iron Bull down on one knee. The combat training of the Templars and the Seekers ingrained into his body, Arken immediately closed the distance between himself and the enemy before the towering enemy can recover, conjuring his Spirit Blade once more. This time, however, he intended to take his target alive, and so Arken had formed the magical blade to have dull edges. He then stepped into his battle dance, the combat style that Grand Enchantress Vivienne had taught him, his movements graceful and beautiful but his strikes lethal and true. He stepped up to the kneeling Iron Bull and struck him in the neck, causing the Qunari to choke and cough as his airway was temporarily crushed. Without breaking momentum, Arken stepped to the side, twirling around, and brought his dull-edged Spirit Blade down upon the back of Iron Bull's neck. The gigantic beast fell on its face, but Arken knew that such a powerful creature cannot be felled by a single blow - for good measure, he swung his magical sword straight down on the back of the Qunari's skull. With a grunt, Iron Bull stilled, the only movement of his body coming from his breathing.

"I guess that makes us even," Arken whispered harshly as he stood victoriously over his unconscious quarry. It had all happened in the span of a few seconds. He looked up to see Danarius concluding his spell, with the Qunari kidnapper helpless to stop it. From the Qunari ship approached a row boat with a handful of the horned warriors, all wielding spears and short swords, none of which stands out as weapons of the military Antaam. From the direction of Skyhold charged the Inquisition soldiers, with the wizened form of Lady Cassandra on a midnight-black charger at the head of the formation. To Arken, this was turning out to be a very interesting day, indeed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Danarius Vakhan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Giving a Grin at the Kidnapper,Danarius quickly started his Enchantment flying through hand motions as he called upon the Powers of the Fade.Finishing quicker than the Kidnapper could react,he held both arms out along the Side as 2 Gigantic,Black arms came out of portals on either side of the unfortunate soul before him.

As they grasped either side of the suprised kinapper,Danarius said to him
    "You should have heeded my Warning,Friend.Maybe in the Next Life you'll listen to your Betters.."
    Suddenly spreading his arms wide,the Poor Qunari was literally ripped into 2 Equal Pieces.Turning his Direction towards the Shoreline where The Row Boat was coming from,He says(as he turns towards his Companions)
    "Your Orders,Lady Inquisitor?"

Well,he WAS a little bored today...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by MacynSnow View Post
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreyWulf
    ----------
    iron bull
    ----------

Iron bull went unconscious from the attack of Arken. He won't awaken for a while so it would be a good time before he wakes up. Iron bull went into a deep dream about some stuff like dragons and past memories.

--------------
    Hope Smith
    --------------

"Okay, not help me with this qunari" as she quickly grabbed iron bull arm but she couldn't drag him since she wasn't strong enough. "We have to get out of here before those other qunari's attack" As she kept on pulling on iron bull arm. She hope if she got iron bull in a area surround by other soldiers. The door of the ship slammed down into the ground with female and male qunari's rushing out with there weapons yelling.

She looked at both of them "Do any of you know a teleportation spell?" She had a worried expression on her face.
    "My people don't pick leaders from the strongest, or the smartest, or even the most talented. We pick the ones willing to make the hard decisions... and live with the consequences."

ARKEN HAWKE

Arken knew a teleportation spell, but it was rune-based magic that will require at least a minute to complete, and that will bring everyone in a 10-foot circle to the teleportation sigil that he'd secretly prepared in his quarters. He did not want people knowing about that sigil.

He bowed slightly to Hope. "I know how to step through the Fade, my dear Inquisitor, but I can carry only myself and step through a fairly-short distance." He then gestured toward Danarius. "If I may be so bold, but our dear Tevinter mage seems to know a thing or two about teleportation spells. He did just use one to get onto the carriage."

Just then, the Inquisition soldiers came charging past them to meet the approaching Qunari. Lady Cassandra slowed to a halt beside them, and quickly surveyed their situation. "You seem to have this situation handled, Inquisitor. Stay here. We shall deal with these rabid dogs." And she spurred her black charger forward once more, unsheathing her sword as she did so. Arken could not help but wonder at the woman's strength and determination, despite her age. Still, he had always held a small contempt for that condescending and commanding tone in her voice, ever since he was a small boy.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreyWulf View Post

ARKEN HAWKE

Arken knew a teleportation spell, but it was rune-based magic that will require at least a minute to complete, and that will bring everyone in a 10-foot circle to the teleportation sigil that he'd secretly prepared in his quarters. He did not want people knowing about that sigil.

He bowed slightly to Hope. "I know how to step through the Fade, my dear Inquisitor, but I can carry only myself and step through a fairly-short distance." He then gestured toward Danarius. "If I may be so bold, but our dear Tevinter mage seems to know a thing or two about teleportation spells. He did just use one to get onto the carriage."

Just then, the Inquisition soldiers came charging past them to meet the approaching Qunari. Lady Cassandra slowed to a halt beside them, and quickly surveyed their situation. "You seem to have this situation handled, Inquisitor. Stay here. We shall deal with these rabid dogs." And she spurred her black charger forward once more, unsheathing her sword as she did so. Arken could not help but wonder at the woman's strength and determination, despite her age. Still, he had always held a small contempt for that condescending and commanding tone in her voice, ever since he was a small boy.
    Danarius Vakhan

Bowing slightly at the Acknowledgment of his Power(he DID have a bit of an ego,after all),Danrius replied
    I could easily teleport the four of us back to the Castle,but in order to teleport them..”

He waved his Shadow covered Hand towards Cassandra and the other Soldiers
    I’ll have to do something that you may not like.With your Permission,Milady?”

Getting a Nod from Hope,Danarius moved back about 5 foot chanting as he did.Arken could Feel the Power Of the Fade being Pulled towards the Tevinter Mage,almost to the point of Breaking.
    Reaching a Cresendo of his chanting,Danarius slit his Wrist,Drawing upon his Knowledge of Blood Magic and Increasing his Power tenfold.

Raising his Hands towards the Heavens,he called the Power Down into The Teleportation spell,Creating and almost Empty gap where himself,his Companions,and a good two thirds of the Qunari Soldiers vanished from sight,onlu to reappear in the Middle of the Courtyard.
    Taking a Staggering step forward,Danarius Said to Hope&Arken
    See?...Blood Magic…Does Have…It’s uses…”
    He then suddenly collapses into Hopes arms…

------------------------
    Hope Smith to Arken
    ------------------------

She looked at him and nodded and looked at Denarius for what he was going to say. She was also still holding onto Ironbull arm tightly. She feels if she let go, she would lose him even tho he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

---------------------------
    Hope Smith to Denarius
    ---------------------------

She was worried for a second and thought to herself "that I might not like? What does he mean by that?" but allowed him to do what he intended to do. She steady herself as he teleported them to the courtyard. She opened her eyes and seen Denarius not well and fell to into her arms. She let go of Iron Bull arm and catch Danarius. "GUARDS!" she yelled atop of her lungs. She held him in her arms looking down at him "Don't worry Denarius. You will be okay." Hoping the healers could bring him back to health.

-------------------------
    Hope Smith to Arken
    -------------------------

She looked at Arken ad said "Are you okay? Are you alright? DO you need a healer?" Almost forgetting the whole Qunari ship is still out there. (<Disregard this if Arken is still at the southern shore) She looked around to see if the healer are coming. "Why isn't anyone coming to help?" Almost tears in her eyes. She didn't know any healing spells or anything to help Denarius. She just wanted peace and to prevent a war but clearly she has to battle to win her peace she wants. Even tho, her enemies that are attacking them. She had no hate for them. She understood they're simply under orders. She blames the person who ordered and caused the war.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreyWulf
    Quote Originally Posted by MacynSnow
    Last edited by IronBull; 01-09-2016 at 10:28 AM. Reason: quoting

ARKEN HAWKE, Male Human Knight-Enchanter
    Courtyard, Skyhold

The scent of sulfur and iron hung heavily in the air, lingering traces of blood magic. But Arken did not have much time to ponder on the morality of the so-called 'Forbidden Arts' for Danarius' teleportation magic had been so powerful that it brought a handful of the Ben-Hassrath with them. So much for having control over his blood magic.

"I'm afraid most of the healers have been sent with Lady Cassandra, Inquisitor," Arken explained, casually side-stepping a Qunari attack and severing the creature's head from its shoulders with a graceful swipe of his Spirit Blade. "Fear not, however, for I am learned in the arcane arts of healing. Please just give me a moment as I handle our... guests." Two Qunari warriors rushed at him, but before he could launch arcane bolts their way, a volley of arrows took down both attackers.

SERA, Female Elf Tempest
    Courtyard, Skyhold

The blonde-haired elf had been basking in the nostalgia that the place aroused within her. It had been years since she'd been last here at Skyhold. Sitting on the branch of a large tree in the courtyard, she'd wondered why there were so few people about.

Her trip down memory lane had been cut short when a powerful blast of energy washed over the courtyard, and a dozen or so figures appeared. She could easily recognize Iron Bull, the gigantic Qunari lying unconscious on the ground. She also recognized Hope and Arken, despite the two having become all grown up now. Everybody else was a stranger to her, but she could easily read a situation, and she read this situation as her friends being attacked by Qunari warriors. Big surprise, yeah?

Boy, did Arken grow up into such a fine young man! She could practically see that stuck-up mage, Vivienne, in how his movements were like a deadly dance. Nevertheless, she wasn't about to let some wet-behind-the-ears mage hog all of the spotlight. Within the blink of an eye, she'd let loose four arrows, each one striking true into the body of the Qunari warriors that were advancing on Arken. She waved and grinned when Arken turned and looked at her in surprise.

OPA Belta

Danarius Vakhan Tevinter Blood Mage
    Skyhold Courtyard

Groaning as he started trying to sit-up,he said to Arken(still taking Deep Breaths as using Blood Magic can drain you pretty Bad)
    My thanks…Master Hawk..For the Timely…Healing.Unfortunately,We’ll have to postpone our Private Chat …for Later
    Just as Hope was helping The Mage to rise,one of the Qunari that had “Tagged along” swung his blade down towards them both,trying to take their Heads off…
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Valeros Howell Fereldan Champion
    Main Entrance Bridge,Skyhold
    Having just come back from the Pick And Shovel(Having gone to collect a couple of Guards that couldn’t remember when their visit was up),Valeros sighed to himself as he contemplated his current standings,Running a Gauntleted hand through his Short Brown Hair.While there was no dought that he knew he was doing his duty to Thedes by being Part of The Inquisition,he missed his Mother&Sister Terribly.

Suddenly snapped out of his Private thought by sounds of Combat in the Courtyard,Valeros Immdeiately drew his Sword&shield,Practically flying into the ‘yard.Seeing that the Lady Inquisitor&the…Tevinter Mage were going to be struck,Valeros Collided with the Qunari Soldier,practically throwing him into the Nearby wall,Shouting towards Arken as he did so
    What in Andraste’s Nikker Weseal’s is going on,Arken?!”…
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------
    iron bull
    ------------
    Iron still remains unconscious and dreaming about red headed girls.

--------------
    Hope Smith
    --------------

Hope grabbed on the ground and swung at the Qunari and knocked his head straight off. She felt guilty for killing him but she had to do what she had to do. She took no pleasure in ending a life. "That was a close one" She looked around to see what damage was taken switch was lucky none.. so far. "She looked at Arken and Denarius. "What about the other qunari's?" she asked.