Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The threat that still remains|DAI:Inquisition

Re: The threat that still remains|DAI:Inquisition

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreyWulf View Post

ARKEN HAWKE
    THRONE ROOM, SKYHOLD

"I shall make inquiries as soon as possible, milady," Arken said as Danarius hesitated. "Even if I am mistaken, and our Dread Wolf is wholly unrelated to the Elves' Dread Wolf, it would still warm my heart to once more be in contact with my dear uncle."

He took his seat once more, his back straight and his chin tilted slightly upward just like Lady Vivienne had ingrained into his very being, and tapped the stone floor with his walking stick twice. "I would so love to hear of his adventures at sea with Miss Isabela, to hear news of the Dalish from Keeper Merrill."

He then leveled a lingering but neutral gaze at Danarius. "And to hear of slave rebellions from Master Fenris, who himself was once a slave in a noble house in Tevinter. Specifically in Minrathous, if memory serves."

She nodded "that's understandable. He is family". Looking at Arken. It was clear to her that this uncle of his means a lot to him. She won't deny him his family or seeing his family. She wasn't the type to do that, even tho she doesn't have blood family that she knew of. She considered her people her family instead switch was the closes thing she can get.

She still waits for Denarius response.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacynSnow
    Last edited by IronBull; 01-02-2016 at 05:42 AM. Reason: quoting
    "My people don't pick leaders from the strongest, or the smartest, or even the most talented. We pick the ones willing to make the hard decisions... and live with the consequences."

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by IronBull View Post
    She nodded "that's understandable. He is family". Looking at Arken. It was clear to her that this uncle of his means a lot to him. She won't deny him his family or seeing his family. She wasn't the type to do that, even tho she doesn't have blood family that she knew of. She considered her people her family instead switch was the closes thing she can get.

She still waits for Denarius response.
    Danarius Vakhan

Giving a Nod towards Arken neutrally when he entered,he thought about the “Unique History” between his Family and the Hawkes.True,his Uncle(and Namesake) had at one time “Owned” The Arcane Warrior/Rebel Fenris but he’d be lying to himself if he didn’t admit that his Late Uncle kind-of had it all coming to him(you don’t give an Aprentise too much power to fast&you don’t give THAT much power to someone who hated your guts).Before Fenris’ Memory had been accidentally erased(an Unforunate side-effect of the Process that Danarius Himself was trying to correct),him& the Rebel leader had actually been Friends,of a sort.

Snapping out of memory lane with a start,Danarius gave a small snort as he retorted,keeping his eyes trained on Arken as he replied
    By all means,messer hawke,do contact your Family,as any Information regarding this Dread Wolf is better than nothing.”

He stands-up,continuing to speak
    No,if you’ll both Exscuse me,I have to go Practice my Magic.I for one wouldn’t want to be Slow with my spells when he set upon these Jackal’s.Don’t you Agree,Master Hawke?”
    He personally hoped that Arken would take the Subtle hint that he wanted to talk to him Privately about their “Unique History” Issues…
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    Lightsabers don`t kill people. People wielding lightsabers kill people.

ARKEN HAWKE
    Throne Room, Skyhold

Arken watched as Danarius turned and strode out of the throne room, his robes waving behind him in his haste. He got the hint, but he was in no hurry to meet the mage. Truth be told, the Tevinter mage was yet to betray anybody's trust, but there was something seated deep within him that warned him not to trust the man.

"You should try and keep a wary eye on that one, Hope," Arken quietly said to the Inquisitor. "The Tevinter Imperium is still at war with the Qunari, and it was by their money and intention that the Book of Koslun was stolen from the Arishok."

When they were alone together, Arken would drop all pretenses. He would call the Inquisitor by her name, and he would slouch in his seat, as he did now, scooting forward in his chair so that the back of his neck pressed against the back of the chair.

"I'll send a message to Uncle later today. Captain Isabela is a hard woman to find, but it is through her contacts that I'm sending the letter. I'm hoping that Uncle is at least with her." He then turned to her. "So, how are you holding up? You don't need to keep comparing yourself to your mother. You are fighting a different fight here, and you are entitled to make your own mistakes. Just know that whatever mistake you make, I'll be right there, cleaning up after you." He had never been able to end a discussion seriously with her, always closing up with a casual joke.

ARKEN HAWKE
    Throne Room, Skyhold

Arken watched as Danarius turned and strode out of the throne room, his robes waving behind him in his haste. He got the hint, but he was in no hurry to meet the mage. Truth be told, the Tevinter mage was yet to betray anybody's trust, but there was something seated deep within him that warned him not to trust the man.

"You should try and keep a wary eye on that one, Hope," Arken quietly said to the Inquisitor. "The Tevinter Imperium is still at war with the Qunari, and it was by their money and intention that the Book of Koslun was stolen from the Arishok."

When they were alone together, Arken would drop all pretenses. He would call the Inquisitor by her name, and he would slouch in his seat, as he did now, scooting forward in his chair so that the back of his neck pressed against the back of the chair.

"I'll send a message to Uncle later today. Captain Isabela is a hard woman to find, but it is through her contacts that I'm sending the letter. I'm hoping that Uncle is at least with her." He then turned to her. "So, how are you holding up? You don't need to keep comparing yourself to your mother. You are fighting a different fight here, and you are entitled to make your own mistakes. Just know that whatever mistake you make, I'll be right there, cleaning up after you." He had never been able to end a discussion seriously with her, always closing up with a casual joke.
    hope raised her eyebrow confused. "huh? what do you mean we shouldn't trust him? You know something?" Looking at him with her full focus on. "sorry for my ignorance but I know nothing of the whole war with the Tevinter Imperium and the Qunari". She didn't knew anything about her history then that she was to be the next inquisitor.

She watched them both leave the room to talk privately. It did however caught her curiosity and wondered what they were going to talk about. After they left Hope got up and went back to the Quarry to finished what she started before the meeting. If they needed her. She left a note on the table saying "Going to finishing counting weapons in the Quarry-Hope Smith"

---------------
    Quarry Room
    ---------------

She picked up her papers and continued to count swords, staffs, and shields. Little does she know there was something in the room, well someone who wants to kidnap her. She didn't see him or heard him because he was under a magical spell to be invisible. As the guy got closer he quickly grabbed her mouth and put a knife against her neck saying "Don't speak inquisitor" and talking in his native language. He was taller, stronger, and had full set of horns that swirled. He turned her around quickly and demanded to go easy but Hope was resistant. Hope looked at him "what do you want?" The kidnapper didn't respond and tried to tie her up but she punched him in the face causing him to step backwards. She immediately scanned the room for a battle axe. Grabbing what she can she made a swing at him but he blocked the attack. The kidnapper grabbed her weapon from her and knocked her out cold.
    "My people don't pick leaders from the strongest, or the smartest, or even the most talented. We pick the ones willing to make the hard decisions... and live with the consequences."

ARKEN HAWKE
    Main Entrance Bridge, Skyhold

It had been a tiresome meeting at the Pick And Shovel tavern, in the small town a couple of miles from Skyhold. Captain Isabela's contact was a fiery Halfling with a taste for taller men, and unfortunately for Arken, he had caught her in one of her feisty moods. It had taken him the better part of an hour in "convincing" her to send the message to Captain Isabela. Now, he intended to meet with Danarius for a private talk. Perhaps the Tevinter mage had another plan of action regarding this "Dread Wolf".

As he was crossing the bridge toward the main gates of the fortress, Arken spotted the form of a tall, broad-shouldered man scaling down the outer wall of Skyhold and perhaps further down the steep mountainside. The man was carrying what seemed to be a person on his shoulder, and Arken's breath caught in his throat as he recognized the unmistakable armor and unconscious form of the Inquisitor.

"Guards! Alert! The Inquisitor is being abducted!" Arken shouted as he jumped off the bridge and made his way along the base of the outer wall. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the guards mobilizing over the bridge, with rope ladders being thrown over the bridge and over the outer wall. They were taking too long, however, and Arken knew that they would not reach the Inquisitor in time.

As he closed the distance between himself and the abductor, Arken was able to identify the abductor as Qunari, with his strong physique and curving horns. Intending to direct the guards' attention to where their quarry was, Arken waved his walking stick and threw two bolts of arcane energy toward the abductor, aiming for the snow near his feet as he did not want to harm Hope. His magic bolts never reached their target, smashing into an invisible barrier that hung in mid-air. It was then that Arken saw another pair of Qunari - a Saarebas that was casting spells to aid the abductor, and his Arvaarad controller - waiting at the foot of the mountain with a horse-drawn carriage. The abductor jumped into the carriage, and the Arvaarad whipped the horses into action, racing away from Skyhold. Focusing on his arcane energies even as he hurried down the side of the mountain, Arken allowed the energies of the Fade to embrace his form and carry him swiftly through time and space, bringing him within striking distance of the carriage in an instant. The Saarebas had been watching him, however, and aimed a bolt of lightning at Arken as the Knight Enchanter leapt into the air toward the carriage. The spell hit Arken squarely in the chest, throwing him several feet backward and away from the speeding carriage. He landed upon his back on the snowy path, the impact jarring him and leaving him dazed, unable to do much beyond watching helplessly as the Qunari sped away with the Inquisitor.

OPA Belta

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    Danarius Vakhan
    Ramparts,Skyhold
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Throwing another Arcane bolt at the Target Dummy,Danarius allowed his mind to wander back over the Conversation with the Lady Inquisitor…
    He admitted that there was something there(what,exactly,it was he had no clue),almost Intangable in it’s simplicity&thiness.
    Originally he’d joined The Crows as a means to an end(The Destruction of the Head Enchanter of Minrathos),but grew to actually love the Thrill of being a Spy,never knowing when you might be outed,it was more Intoxicating than Using The Blood Magic he’d been taught by his Uncle…
    He had to smile at what happened next in his life(as the Irony was not lost on him),as he’d been asked by Lelliana herself to come to Skyhold and help serve as a “Traveling Companion” to the Lady Inquisitor.He’d been absolutely floored when he found out she was (Half?)Qunarri.He almost walked right back out the Door&back to Minrathos then and there….And yet,something in his Head told him not to,it said that this could Possibly fill that Boredom&Loneliness he’d been feeling for years..

Suddenly Jolting out of his Private thought’s by Arkens call,Danarius quickly leaned over the Side of the Ramparts to see what was going on…And Promptly started Curssing as he Raced down the Stairs.He’d told Commander Pentagast that they needed to Improve the Walls,but it had been placed under “Low Priority” since the Qunarri threat reared up.Leaping over the Side when he got to the Second Floor,Danarius Cast his Portal spell and Landed on top of the Carriage.Infortunatly,he was flung almost Bodily off it,grabbing the Side of the Rail before he went under and was Trampled…
    Last edited by MacynSnow; 01-04-2016 at 09:56 AM.

-------------
    Kidnapper
    -------------
    Hope was still unconscious while the male was racing to his group of people. When the intruder entered Skyhold he was looking for the old inquisitor. He never suspected the death nor thought a half breed qunari would be in charge of the whole place. He was unfamiliar of the surroundings but what he been told by his superior he would manage. He didn't give much thought of possible harm to Hope. He was given a order, so he did it without a second thought.

As he was getting closer and closer he noticed he was being followed by two men. He smirked at them as they chased him out of skyhold and trying to rescue the inquisitor. He laughed to himself as they were having difficulty. "Stupid fools".

-----------
    Iron Bull
    -----------
    Iron bull was with the rest of the pack to wait for the kidnapper to appear with the inquisitor. He felt bit remorseful because in his mind it would be his ex lover that was coming. He didn't let his emotions, well tried to get the best of him. He did lover her but found that the Ben-Hassrath is where he belongs. It was something familiar to him, something he naturally used to.

Standing with his battle axe while looking out in the area he noticed his comrade running towards him and seeing he had a woman on his shoulders. He smirked and chuckled. "never thought she would let a lone qunari get the best of her". He didn't notice her skin or face since they were to far away to see any define details.

-------------
    Hope Smith
    -------------
    Hope was dreaming of her childhood when she was 8 years old drawing images in a room with other children. She found comfort in drawing. She drew a dragon breathing fire at her with her teammates in her mind.

(OCC; I am going to let you guys decide if you want to rescue her or not during the kidnapper running.)

ARKEN HAWKE
    Qunari Carriage, Skyhold Mountainside

With the Arvaarad handling the reins and the abductor busy clamping the unconscious Inquisitor in irons, it was the Saarebas that was left to deal with Danarius. As the Tevinter mage hung for dear life to the side of the speeding carriage, the Saarebas turned its mutilated face upon him, and raised its foot to stomp down upon his hand. Before the Qunari mage can complete the action, however, a purple mist suddenly formed in front of him, and an instant later, Arken burst forth from that mist, completing his fade step, and barrelling right into the unsuspecting Saarebas. The impact of Arken's knee on his chest sent the Saarebas staggering backward and then falling off the carriage.

"I hope you weren't planning on dropping out just yet, serah," Arken teased as he reached for Danarius' arm and pulled him into the carriage. "We have a lady in distress. It would be most ungentlemanly to leave her so."

As Danarius found his footing in the carriage, the two Human mages stood face-to-face with the Qunari abductor. To Arken, the creature was more intimidating up close than he had ever expected. Its muscular physique did not have an ounce of fat, making him appear to be chiseled out of a smooth, gray stone. Arken noted that none of the Qunari bore a masterwork sword, and deduced that they were not of the Antaam, the Qunari army. He could only think of another conclusion, and that conclusion just became stronger in Arken's mind as he realized that the carriage was being driven north, and in the horizon, Arken saw the unmistakable silhouette of a Qunari ship, docked peacefully in the water by the shore of the Waking Sea, with the massive form of another horned Qunari standing upon the shore, a gigantic great-axe in hand.

"Ben-Hassrath," Arken hissed, and the Qunari facing them perked up at the mention of the word. "You wish to take the Inquisitor to Iron Bull. I must apologize, but if he wants to see her, he'd have to make an appointment." With a swift, practiced motion, Arken pulled his arcane device from his walking stick, and holding the foot-long, obsidian rod in both hands, produced his Spirit Blade, the magical blade glowing with a purple light and crackling with arcane energy.

OOC: Cheesy lines, I know. I'm not much of a script writer, y'know.

ARKEN HAWKE
    Qunari Carriage, Skyhold Mountainside

With the Arvaarad handling the reins and the abductor busy clamping the unconscious Inquisitor in irons, it was the Saarebas that was left to deal with Danarius. As the Tevinter mage hung for dear life to the side of the speeding carriage, the Saarebas turned its mutilated face upon him, and raised its foot to stomp down upon his hand. Before the Qunari mage can complete the action, however, a purple mist suddenly formed in front of him, and an instant later, Arken burst forth from that mist, completing his fade step, and barrelling right into the unsuspecting Saarebas. The impact of Arken's knee on his chest sent the Saarebas staggering backward and then falling off the carriage.

"I hope you weren't planning on dropping out just yet, serah," Arken teased as he reached for Danarius' arm and pulled him into the carriage. "We have a lady in distress. It would be most ungentlemanly to leave her so."

As Danarius found his footing in the carriage, the two Human mages stood face-to-face with the Qunari abductor. To Arken, the creature was more intimidating up close than he had ever expected. Its muscular physique did not have an ounce of fat, making him appear to be chiseled out of a smooth, gray stone. Arken noted that none of the Qunari bore a masterwork sword, and deduced that they were not of the Antaam, the Qunari army. He could only think of another conclusion, and that conclusion just became stronger in Arken's mind as he realized that the carriage was being driven north, and in the horizon, Arken saw the unmistakable silhouette of a Qunari ship, docked peacefully in the water by the shore of the Waking Sea, with the massive form of another horned Qunari standing upon the shore, a gigantic great-axe in hand.

"Ben-Hassrath," Arken hissed, and the Qunari facing them perked up at the mention of the word. "You wish to take the Inquisitor to Iron Bull. I must apologize, but if he wants to see her, he'd have to make an appointment." With a swift, practiced motion, Arken pulled his arcane device from his walking stick, and holding the foot-long, obsidian rod in both hands, produced his Spirit Blade, the magical blade glowing with a purple light and crackling with arcane energy.

OOC: Cheesy lines, I know. I'm not much of a script writer, y'know.
    ------------
    kidnapper
    ------------

The kidnapper dodged the attack just barely still managing to hold onto Hope. "You're a fool. You attack me. You attack her" As he is trying to making up time for his back up to come.

"get out of my way" he yelled at him angrily. As he was looking past him and back at him. He kept his distance from him to avoid further destruction. He hated mages, just like Iron bull but he had more rage towards them.

----------
    Iron Bull
    ----------
    Seeing the sudden attack he immediately runs towards them to help his comrade, even tho he doesn't care whether he lives or dies. As he got closer to the fight he notice more of the girl and know it wasn't her and wondered why he had this girl with him. He lifted his axe up and took a swing at the mages back causing him to go down. The kiddapper nodded in approval. He didn't severely harm Arken. Just to get him to stop attacking. He looked at the kidnapped with a confused face and asked "who is that?" as the kidnapper responded "The new inquisitor. The old one is no more." Iron bull was shocked and didn't know how to respond to that. He had no info on this girl or offer the group insight. "Damn" he muttered to himself.

-------------
    Hope Smith
    -------------
    She opened her eyes to a blurr feeling a tad drowsy from the attack that happened at Skyhold. She started to mumble and woke up fully few minutes later and noticed Arken on the ground and her being up on a shoulder. She immediately struggled to get free. "Let me go you bastard!" Taking a jab at his side of his back.

--------------
    OCC; Do you want the group to take arken, and darnius with inquisitor or arken and inquisitor or you guys manage to rescue her?

OPA Belta

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
    Danarius Vakhan
    Qunari Ship
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Cursing at himself for not being able to react fast enough to Iron Bull's Attack on Arken(and himself for having to be aided back onto the Carriage by him:He Hated to owe favors to anyone),Danarius called upon The Fade as Black,Etherial armor formed across his Body(Ooc:I don't like the Way Rock Armor looks like it would prevent Movement,so I'm changing a Little of it...Don't hate me for it!) as his staff suddenly apperared before him.Keeping in front of the Kidnapper and Iron Bull,Danarius said to them both
    "I would SUGGEST you place Our Lady Inquisitor down,Unchain her,and state your Business with her before my Raising ally and Myself decide to do it FOR YOU."...