Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Fantasy*Age

  1. #11
    UN Basic Recipient
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12

    Re: Fantasy*Age

    Anavai takes a sip from her drink while looking over at Bodag. She starts shuffling her nice, but quite worn tarot deck and starts laying out the cards in a sun-shaped pattern face down on the table in front of her.

    "I'm guessing from the similar treatment we got, that you are new to this town as well? They don't seem to take well to strangers around here. I'm Anavai," she says, looking at Bodag, and flips the card furthest to the left. She glances at it and reaches for her cup. "I think we'd both could gain from traveling together, don't you?" She raises her cup to Bodag, as if to toast him, waiting for an answer.

  2. #12
    Keeper of the Freeport Errata Freebooter timemrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    539

    Re: Fantasy*Age

    Just a couple suggestions for things I've seen on other PbP boards:

    1. Keep separate IC (in character) and OOC (out of character) threads for your game. That way, the in-game action and roleplaying won't get lost in the clutter of bookkeeping, stat blocks, etc. (and vice versa).

    2. Rename this thread (and any related threads) with a title for the campaign to distinguish it from any future Fantasy AGE games that start up in this forum. Rhonin's thread for "Titansgrave: Nestora by Night [Recruiting]" is an excellent example of this.

    I look forward to seeing how the game plays out! (If I could commit to posting more regularly, I'd join in myself...)
    Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
    Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
    Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
    Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
    Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

  3. #13
    OPA Belta
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,671

    Re: Fantasy*Age

    Quote Originally Posted by Petraliten View Post
    Anavai takes a sip from her drink while looking over at Bodag. She starts shuffling her nice, but quite worn tarot deck and starts laying out the cards in a sun-shaped pattern face down on the table in front of her.

    "I'm guessing from the similar treatment we got, that you are new to this town as well? They don't seem to take well to strangers around here. I'm Anavai," she says, looking at Bodag, and flips the card furthest to the left. She glances at it and reaches for her cup. "I think we'd both could gain from traveling together, don't you?" She raises her cup to Bodag, as if to toast him, waiting for an answer.
    (Image of Bodag Rockhammer)

    Returning the Salute with his Glass of the Drink,Bodag replies in his typical Dwarven Accent(OOC:I'm using the Gaelik Tounge for the Language,if that's OK with you gm!)
    "It's lookin' ta be just that,lass.Bodag Rockhammer,at yer service.So,what's ta bringin' an Elf this far over?Yer a bit far from home aincha?"

  4. #14
    UN Basic Recipient
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12

    Re: Fantasy*Age

    Quote Originally Posted by MacynSnow View Post
    Returning the Salute with his Glass of the Drink,Bodag replies in his typical Dwarven Accent(OOC:I'm using the Gaelik Tounge for the Language,if that's OK with you gm!)
    "It's lookin' ta be just that,lass.Bodag Rockhammer,at yer service.So,what's ta bringin' an Elf this far over?Yer a bit far from home aincha?"
    "Well, fate, it seems," she says, flipping the next card. "Although if I'd had the choice, I would rather had stayed at home. I was considering heading towards Akesh, in the hopes that a city of trade would take better to strangers. Are you headed that way?" She looks back down at her cards, now flipping the rest, one after the other. she puts down the deck and starts poring over the cards, a slight wrinkle of concentration appearing between her eyebrows.

    (OOC: As the art isn't mine I'll link the original here. My idea of what Anavai looks like, more or less: http://gisalmeida.deviantart.com/art...iane-187524064)

  5. #15
    OPA Belta
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,671

    Re: Fantasy*Age

    Quote Originally Posted by Petraliten View Post
    "Well, fate, it seems," she says, flipping the next card. "Although if I'd had the choice, I would rather had stayed at home. I was considering heading towards Akesh, in the hopes that a city of trade would take better to strangers. Are you headed that way?" She looks back down at her cards, now flipping the rest, one after the other. she puts down the deck and starts poring over the cards, a slight wrinkle of concentration appearing between her eyebrows.

    (OOC: As the art isn't mine I'll link the original here. My idea of what Anavai looks like, more or less: http://gisalmeida.deviantart.com/art...iane-187524064)
    Taking a swig of his Ale,Bodag awnsers her
    "Actually,i just got done with bein' a Caravan guard and are currently atwin' jobs right now,so I'm rather free at the moment."
    Casually looking around the Bar as he talks,bodag is keeping an eye out for any sort of Trouble,having worked at an Inn/Bar before,he knows something will eventually happen& it's not always a good thing that does...
    OOC:I want to check the mood of the place out,try to figure out why they don't like strangers.
    Perception+1(Empathy+2)+roll of 6+5+3=17 total.

  6. #16
    UN Basic Recipient
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10

    Re: Fantasy*Age

    GM to Bodag: You get the sense that the people here are simply not used to strangers, or else they have had trouble in the past from strangers being here.
    The empty establishment offers rooms if you need them. It is early evening. Note that this is a small community with limited commerce and trade.

    Just some information about the town, the following establishments are present:
    a.) Office for the Guild of Research and Exploration (though you find it strange that a guild office is here in such a small community, these are usually present in larger towns and cities)
    b.) Blacksmith
    c.) General Store and Dry Goods
    d.) Brewery
    e.) There are other businesses available, but these are farmers who do other stuff on the side.

  7. #17
    UN Basic Recipient
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12

    Re: Fantasy*Age

    Quote Originally Posted by MacynSnow View Post
    Taking a swig of his Ale,Bodag answers her
    "Actually,i just got done with bein' a Caravan guard and are currently atwin' jobs right now,so I'm rather free at the moment."
    "I see. Well then, as this town, in really the broadest definition of the term, honestly seems to not have that much to offer, how about we leave in the morning? Although, it's quite curious that there is a guild office here. I guess they could be worth a visit as well..."

    Anavai trails off, seemingly lost in thought, and sighs. She puts away her deck of cards, finishes her drink and goes to find the innkeeper to inquire about a room for the night. If my memory serves me correctly, he/she went to the kitchen?

    (GM question: what time of year is it and what kind of weather have we been having the past week or so?)

  8. #18
    OPA Belta
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,671

    Re: Fantasy*Age

    Quote Originally Posted by Petraliten View Post
    "I see. Well then, as this town, in really the broadest definition of the term, honestly seems to not have that much to offer, how about we leave in the morning? Although, it's quite curious that there is a guild office here. I guess they could be worth a visit as well..."

    Anavai trails off, seemingly lost in thought, and sighs. She puts away her deck of cards, finishes her drink and goes to find the innkeeper to inquire about a room for the night. If my memory serves me correctly, he/she went to the kitchen?
    Finishing off the last of his Ale,Bodag leaves the Table also as he replies,
    "That'd bea good Idea,lass,as this place is'bout as Dead as Estra's Virginity.I'm also gettin tha'Nosy itch 'bout that Guild House too,it's not like there's anythin' here that's THAT Important.."
    Having already paid for a Basic room in advance like he usually does on Caravan Jobs,Bodag decide to wait for Anavai to finish...

  9. #19
    UN Basic Recipient
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10

    Re: Fantasy*Age

    It is currently raining. It has been raining for the past 12 days. On some, a storm. On others, a continuous mist. The realm over, dirt has turned to mud. As you look outside, you notice that the town of Ravenrun is busy with its agricultural pursuits. The local farms have brought in workers from neighboring regions to assist with the harvest. The rain and mud has made this all the more difficult, but the work has progressed all the more.

    You find it strange that the Guild for Research and Exploration has a field office in this town. You know the business: escorting nobles as bodyguards, escorting caravans, exploring ruins, and "shadowy" acts, are all performed by the Guild. For a fee, anyone can enlist the help of the Guild, which pays adventurers to accomplish various tasks. Still, though these are all over the world, they are usually located in more populaced areas.

    This particular office is dilapidated and unkept. Still, you recognize the sign hanging above the door. It is a globe with a compass and a globe, the universal logo for the Guild.

    And then you see something.

    As you prepare to go inside, see a small yellow dragon with brown stripes. It is about the size of a large dog, and it flies deftly, close to the ground, does a quick dip and returns to the sky.

  10. #20
    OPA Belta
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,671

    Re: Fantasy*Age

    Quote Originally Posted by G0BL1NK1NG View Post
    It is currently raining. It has been raining for the past 12 days. On some, a storm. On others, a continuous mist. The realm over, dirt has turned to mud. As you look outside, you notice that the town of Ravenrun is busy with its agricultural pursuits. The local farms have brought in workers from neighboring regions to assist with the harvest. The rain and mud has made this all the more difficult, but the work has progressed all the more.

    You find it strange that the Guild for Research and Exploration has a field office in this town. You know the business: escorting nobles as bodyguards, escorting caravans, exploring ruins, and "shadowy" acts, are all performed by the Guild. For a fee, anyone can enlist the help of the Guild, which pays adventurers to accomplish various tasks. Still, though these are all over the world, they are usually located in more populaced areas.

    This particular office is dilapidated and unkept. Still, you recognize the sign hanging above the door. It is a globe with a compass and a globe, the universal logo for the Guild.

    And then you see something.

    As you prepare to go inside, see a small yellow dragon with brown stripes. It is about the size of a large dog, and it flies deftly, close to the ground, does a quick dip and returns to the sky.
    Quickly Sliding one of his Throwing Axes off his belt,in case of trouble,Bodag Knocks on the Guild Door,Being more cautious than he normally would(Owing to the small Dragon he just saw.He wasn't a superstecious fellow by any means,but you don't go poking a Troll with a lit Torch either)...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •