Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124
Results 1,231 to 1,233 of 1233

Thread: Eld's Builds: KITE MAN, DR. DESTROYER

Re: Eld's Builds: KITE MAN, DR. DESTROYER

Yeah Destroyer's supposed to be very scary, but not completely unstoppable. Various rulebooks make note of this with options for scaling him down as necessary. Plus even by canon he lost one on one to Shadow Destroyer.
    Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!

608-610

Followers of Destroyer

Dr. Destroyer has had plenty of soldiers and scientists working for him at one point or another, although his organization was in the decline during his supposed death. Now that he's back, he has troops again and his robots are back out of storage and ready to go. I've decided to just do three examples of Destroyer's forces-although he has many more, from a lighter version of powered armor troopers to infiltration androids and other combat drones. And of course, robot duplicates that are almost as powerful as the real Dr. Destroyer. (Kreuzritter did a great build of such robots here.)

Destroyer Soldier PL 7 80 Minion rank 6/Sidekick rank 16

Strength 3, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages: Equipment 11, Ranged Attack 4

Equipment: Combat Knife (Strength-based Damage 2, Improved Critical), D-11 Blaster Rifle (Blast 8, Multiattack), Destreum-Fiber Body Armor (Protection 5), Destreum-Fiber Helmet (Enhanced Fortitude 2, Limited to Dazzles, Radio Communication 3), DM-1A Jetpack (Flight 4)

Skills: Athletics 4 (+7), Expertise (superhumans) 2 (+3), Expertise (soldier) 6 (+7), Expertise (tactics) 3 (+4), Intimidation 4 (+4), Perception 6 (+6), Stealth 3 (+5)

Offense Initiative +2, D-11 +6 Damage 8

Defense
    Dodge 7, Parry 7
    Toughness 7, Fortitude 6, Will 5

•This is the standard Destroyer soldier, the lowest one encountered in the field. They're dangerous in groups, packing enough firepower to hurt your average superhuman and stand head and shoulders above the forces of most armies. There are various specialized types, with better skill in unarmed combat, skill at piloting vehicles, experts on submarine use (to pilot the Posiedon's Fist, Destroyer's huge submarine), or just better all around skills and higher INT for squad leaders.

•Destroyer also has mecha soldiers in his Black Talon armor. Treat these guys as normal soldiers with the added Device. This makes them PL 10, 156 points. These guys should never be used as Minions. When your PCs see one it shouldn't be, 'this won't take long' it should be 'oh crap, not these guys'. And Destroyer will constantly modify them to have higher Impervious, be faster, stronger or up their area attacks.

Black Talon Armor (Removable) 82
    Strength Enhancement Enhanced Strength 4
    Combat Computer Enhanced Fighting 2, Enhanced Close Attack 2, Enhanced Ranged Attack 3

Primary Weapons Array
    Anaesthetic Gas Projector Burst Area Ranged Affliction 8 (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated), Resisted by Fort, Cumulative
    Explosive Flechette Cannons Blast 8 (Multiattack)
    Destroyer-Beam Cannon Blast 11
    Autofire Energy Grenade Launcer Blast 8, Burst Area
    Destreum Wire Projector Snare 9
    Destruem Armor Protection 9, Impervious Toughness 7
    Hermetically Sealed Systems Immunity 9 (life support, minus starvation and thirst)
    Foot Jets Flight 3
    Leg Servos Speed 1
    Sensors Senses 5 (Accurate Hearing, Radio, Ultravision, Infravision)
    Comm Suite Radio Communication 3

We also have the basic Destroid, of which there are many other kinds.
    Destroid PL 8 208-Minion rank 14/Sidekick rank 42

Strength 2, Stamina -, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 7, Intellect 4, Awareness 0, Presence -

Powers
    Electric Blaster Blast 9, Improved Critical 19
    Energy Shield Reaction Damage 6 24
    Energy Form Insubstantial 3 15
    Robot Immunity 40 (Fortitude, mental effects) 40
    Computer Brain Mental Quickness 2 1
    Armored Shell Protection 9, Impervious 18
    Energy Jets Flight 3 6
    Robot Legs Speed 1 1
    Universal Translator Comprehend 5 (Languages-read all, speak all, understand all, Machines/Electronics) 10
    Sensors Enhanced Perception 6, Senses 15 (Infravision, Ultravision, Microscopic vision 2, Vision Penetrates Concealment-not through lead or gold, Accurate Hearing, Ultrahearing, Radio, Range Sense, Time Sense, Direction Sense) 18
    Comm Systems Radio Communication 3 12

Advantages: Fearless, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 4, Teamwork

Skills: Athletics 4 (+6), Expertise (Tactics) 4 (+8), Expertise (soldier) 8 (+12), Perception 6 (+12)

Offense Initiative +7, Unarmed +7 Damage 2, Blaster +7 Damage 9

Defense
    Dodge 7, Parry 7
    Toughness 9, Fortitude -, Will 4

•This is your garden variety Destroid, easily able to engage superhumans and working well in numbers. They're experts at warfare, skilled in small unit tactics and able to spot the uniforms and fighting styles of most every human army on the planet. Turning Insubstantial makes them more vulnerable to Electrical effects, though. Other units include Heavy Combat Destroids (Strength 4, and with a Cone Area Blast and a stunning Affliction Beam); Maulers-Strength 10 and 2 more ranks of Protection so they're PL 9; Mark IVs-the same as normal, but with 4 arms, giving them Multiattack to their blasts and increasing their Ranged Attack by 1, and they can be given Equipment to represent mission specific weapons like flamethrowers and missile launchers. Destroids also have a rank 10 Burst Area Damage effect to represent their plot device, but seeing as how that requires them to die, I left it off the sheet.

Given that Destroyer has about 20,000 people working for him, and an entire hidden valley's worth of worshippers/followers, he also has various trained specific individuals who fall somewhere in the line between his mooks and the supervillain types that work for him. I decided to stat up one, Captain Karnavati Ashtekar upon reading just how awesome she is.

Captain Ashtekar
    PL 8 102

Strength 3, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages: Equipment 5, Fearless, Inspire 2, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Skill Mastery (Vehicles), Task Focus (Tactics-Naval warfare)

Equipment: Combat Knife (Strength-based Damage 2, Improved Critical), Destreum-Fiber Body Armor (Protection 5, Subtle), D-12 Blaster Pistol (Blast 6, Subtle, Improved Critical)

Skills: Athletics 4 (+7), Expertise (science) 2 (+4), Expertise (superhumans) 2 (+4), Expertise (tactics) 8 (+10/+15), Intimidation 7 (+9), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion 2 (+4), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 8 (+10)

Offense: Initiative +2, Unarmed +6 Damage 3, D-12 Pistol +8 Damage 6

Defense
    Dodge 8, Parry 8
    Toughness 7, Fortitude 6, Will 8

Abilities 42+Advantages 17+Skills 24+Defenses 18=102

The Captain exemplifies one of Destroyer's elite subordinates, the kind who might be in charge of a secret base, or leading a large team of agents. In charge of the Poseidon's Fist, Destroyer's massive submarine, Ashtekar is a skilled naval officer from the Vale of Javangari who gets Fearless because she once questioned one of Dr. Destroyer's orders to his face. He knocked her out for her trouble, but later did what she advised anyway. Anyone standing up to Destroyer is a big deal, but the people from the Vale are raised to see him as a living aspect of Shiva-so Ashtekar basically asked the Almighty where he went for naval training. That takes Kite Man levels of guts.
    Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!

Keeper of Secrets

Re: 601

Quote Originally Posted by Davies View Post
    ... blech. Well, at least you didn't include the "if I'm losing, I get a new variable pool and extra actions to make sure I win" power.
    How badly power-geeked did Dr. Destroyer end up getting, over in the HERO system? I used to be a pretty avid Champions fan, player, GM, etc., but honestly drifted away prior to 5th edition, and in the last dozen years or so mostly focused on M&M (of course), ICONS, and the recently revived V&V/Mighty Protectors (my Champions groups split up many years prior to now).

Did the character really get those kinds of game mechanics?

PS: I relied to your comments/questions re: Oblivion Knight over at my Rogues Gallery thread.

All my best!