Page 1 of 303 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

OPA Belta

New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Since the end of World War II, mankind has known about the existence of Neo-Sapiens—men and women who inherit fantastic abilities from one or both of their parents. While some use these powers to terrorize the world, others use them to safeguard mankind. Still, society fears and hates these people…

Resources

Active PCs

Inactive PCs
    • Vladislav "Vlad" Radikovich / Candyman ... Horsenhero
    • Emily Adler / Catalyst ... GPrime
    • Randy O'Shae / Gae Bolg ... Manintights
    • Viktor DeGallow / Impasse ... Anomaly
    • Jason Lamperouge / Prodigy ... Arthur Eld
    • Eve Robbins / Sublime ... ZuluEchoNovember

Go at it, guys.
    Last edited by Michuru81; 06-16-2016 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Linked to the PP Log

OPA Belta
    Okay, since we don't have nifty things like...say...character sheets up, let me be one of the first.

Magnitude

PL8 140PP

Identity: Kasimir Flaegler
    Nationality: German
    Height: 5" 9"
    Weight: 170 lbs
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Milky White (formerly Blue)

Abilities-

Strength 10(+0) Dexterity 16(+3) Constitution 14(+2) Intelligence 12(+1) Wisdom 14(+2) Charisma 14(+2)

Saves-

Toughness 10(Con. 2+ Force Field 8) Fortitude 6(Base 4+ Con. 2) Reflex 7(Base 4+ Dex. 3) Will 8(Base 6+ Wis. 2)

Skills-

Bluff 10(+12), Concentration 12(+14), Diplomacy 6(+8), Gather Information 6(+8), KS:Civics 4(+5), KS:Current Events 4(+5), Language 4 (Native: German, plus English, French, Braille, Arabic), Notice 10(+12), Sense Motive 4(+6)

Feats-

Attack Focus(Ranged) 5, Contacts, Connected, Dodge Focus 3, Equipment 1, Inspire 2, Leadership, Luck 2, Power Attack, Precise Shot 2, Uncanny Dodge(Mental)

Powers-

Contra-Gravity: Flight 5 (250 mph/2500' rd)

Gravitic Armor: Force Field 8 Extra: Impervious (5 ranks)

G-Force: Gravity Control 8 (Targeted AoE) Extra: Selective. PF: Environmental Adaptation High & Low Gravity.
    AP...Particle Beam Weapon: Gravity Blast 8 Extra: Penetrating
    AP...Gravity Well: Snare 8 Extra: Regenerating
    AP...Gravity's Grip: Telekinesis 8 Extra: Damaging
    AP...Orbital Paths: Flight 5 Extras: Affects Others, Area Burst PF: Selective

Read the Void: Super-Senses 5 (Spatial Awareness, Acute) PF: Extended 1

Combat-

Initiative +3
    Defense 16 (Base 10+3 Def. +3 D.F.) FF 11
    Attack 3, Melee +3, Ranged +8
    Grapple +3 Telekinetic Grapple +16
    Knockback -5

Drawbacks & Complications-

Prejudice(Neo-Sapien)
    Secret (Bisexual)
    Reputation(Vienna's Dedicated Protector)
    Reputation (Serious. So very,very serious)
    Motivation (Doing Good)
    Blind (Very Common, Minor-compensatory senses) 3pt

Equipment- Vindicators Uniform (Comm-link, Immunity[Environmental Cold, Low Pressure], Rebreather, GPS) 5ep

Totals-
    Abilities 20+ Saves 14+ Skills 15+ Feats 20+ Powers 59+ Combat 12= 139- Drawbacks 3 = 137pp

PP Earned/Spent- 17/17

Backstory-

Kasimir Flaegler grew up in Dresden, Germany, raised by two caring parents. He along with his two sisters never gave Neo-Sapiens much thought, even though they were vaguely aware their mother was one. Adeltrudis Flaegler made her living as a moderately successful lawyer in service to the government, not by her powers, so the children didn't really think about it. Then, one fateful day, while on a sailboat a horrible accident happened in which Kasimir got entangled in one of the ropes that controlled the sails. The accident blinded him due to petechia as the rope strangled him. In this moment, his powers manifested to a degree that caught his parents by surprise. The very next year, Kas was enrolled at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe in Vienna. A serious and idealistic young man, Kasimir has devoted himself to using his powers to helping others. On occasion this can make him seem boring and something of a drudge to his schoolmates.
    Last edited by Horsenhero; 12-13-2015 at 08:20 PM.

OPA Belta

Re: Greystone build

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooedman View Post

Greystone
    Funny, he doesn't look that grey to me.

OPA Belta

He's embarrassed about the friendship bracelets on his right wrist. Wouldn't you be? A tough guy like that sporting fashion accessories most often found on middle school girls.

And if anyone's wondering where the rating for the thread came from...that's me.

THE BLUE KNIGHT (Power Level 8)

Height/Weight: 1.77 meters/11 stone 1
    Hair/Eyes: Blond/Blue
    Place of Birth: Newport, Wales (June 15th, 1992)
    First Appearance: New Vindicators European Academy #11

Abilities: Strength 15 (+2), Dexterity 14 (+2), Constitution 18 (+4), Intelligence 12 (+1), Wisdom 14 (+2), Charisma 12 (+1)

Skills: Bluff 4 (+5/+9), Concentration 8 (+10), Disable Device 2 (+3), Diplomacy 3 (+4/+7), Escape Artist 3 (+5), Gather Information 4 (+5), Intimidation 9 (+10), Investigate 6 (+7), Knowledge (current events) 3 (+4), Knowledge (history) 1 (+2), Knowledge (literature) 2 (+3), Knowledge (streetwise) 5 (+6), Language 2 (Welsh, German, base-English) Notice 8 (+10), Search 6 (+7), Sense Motive 6 (+8), Stealth 4 (+6)

Feats: Accurate Attack, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Equipment 1, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Luck, Set-Up, Startle, Takedown Attack, Ultimate Toughness

Equipment: Smart phone (Computer, camera, phone), Vindicators commlink, 1 ep unspent

Powers:
    Hellfire Armor Force Field 7, Impervious 5
    Hellfire Wings Flight 6 (500 MPH, 4,400 feet per round)
    Hellfire Control (Array, 27 points)
    Hellfire Claymore Strike 11, Alternate Save-Will, Extended Reach, Improved Critical
    Hellfire Blasts Blast 11, Improved Critical
    Spirit Burn Drain 11 (All Abilities Simultaneously, Resisted by Fortitude, Tiring), Improved Critical
    Blue Flash Visual Dazzle 8, Burst Area, Touch Range

Combat: Attack +5, Damage +11 Strike/Blast/Drain, Defense 15 (13 flatfooted), Initiative +6

Saves: Toughness +11, Fortitude +8, Reflex +6, Will +8

Drawbacks: Involuntary Transformation (hellfire beast, uncommon frequency, cannot resist, -4 points), Vulnerable (mithral, uncommon frequency, major intensity, -3 points)

Abilities 25+Skills 18 (72 ranks)+Feats 11+Powers 51+Combat 20+Saves 15-Drawbacks 7=133

Complications: Prejudice (SPB), Secret (His identity/powers), Motivation-Doing Good, Enemy (Dodger, Vitriol, Ragdoll), Relationships-(His mother; Paladin), Appearance (Glowing eyes)
    Last edited by Arthur Eld; 12-09-2015 at 10:44 AM.

I was definitely misapprehending how Verve's powers worked. In the words of Newman "Damn you Astrid! You useless pustule!"

I guess Gwyn will have to goon-swoop the old fashioned way.

Quote Originally Posted by Michuru81 View Post
    Funny, he doesn't look that grey to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsenhero View Post
    He's embarrassed about the friendship bracelets on his right wrist. Wouldn't you be? A tough guy like that sporting fashion accessories most often found on middle school girls.

And if anyone's wondering where the rating for the thread came from...that's me.
    Yeah, yeah. Yuck it up on the guy who has no clue how things work in the new forum.

That's alright, I'll just give Arkrite the green light to start his FIENDISHLY EVIL PLAN for the two of you....

Also what's the rating? The stars next to the thread name?

If so then thanks to whoever gave my thread some.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Horsenhero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooedman View Post
    Also what's the rating? The stars next to the thread name?

If so then thanks to whoever gave my thread some.
    I'm also baffled by the rating thing. I mean, what's the point? I was able to go around and toss ratings onto your guys' threads without having to post in them. That means a troll could potentially go around and rate other threads as low. [shrugs]

If you spend enough time on Reddit, you start seeing things where someone will downvote another person's comment simply to make theirs rank higher. Other times, a Redditor could say something incendiary enough to illicit someone going through their history and downvoting all of their comments to oblivion. Is that what we're in for here? Arbitrary popularity grading?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Eld View Post
    I guess Gwyn will have to goon-swoop the old fashioned way.
    I think he'll be fine. Gaspar struggled a little, but that's with him not using his powers for most of the fight, and having little in the way of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Michuru81 View Post
    I'm also baffled by the rating thing. I mean, what's the point? I was able to go around and toss ratings onto your guys' threads without having to post in them. That means a troll could potentially go around and rate other threads as low. [shrugs]

If you spend enough time on Reddit, you start seeing things where someone will downvote another person's comment simply to make theirs rank higher. Other times, a Redditor could say something incendiary enough to illicit someone going through their history and downvoting all of their comments to oblivion. Is that what we're in for here? Arbitrary popularity grading?
    Guess it helps that I'm so old & set in my ways that I really don't care about that kind of stuff in the overall scheme of things. Don't get me wrong it was nice that someone did it for my thread (even when I hadn't posted anything but a non-linked index [finally figured that out]) but I don't post stuff here for praise from people, I'm simply sharing stuff I like & use for my games and want to show it others and maybe have some interesting conversations about it all.

OPA Belta
    Violet Lear is the daughter of Baroness Mary Lear, a member of the British House of Lords and her husband August. She was sent to New Vindicators European Academy to learn how to live with her powers (and to insulate her from the British press). However, to her it feels more like she was sent away so the family wouldn't have to deal with the trouble she brought. After all, her sister, Jessica, was the favorite and already well on her way to following in their mother's footsteps.

From the time she was little, Violet always had a low body temperature and was uncomfortable in heat. As she aged, there were various small incidents involving ice and frozen drinks. When she was 12, a sleepover had to be canceled because of frigid temperatures in her room. At 13, she ruined a pool party by freezing the pool solid. Even though the Baroness and her husband used their connections to the fullest, nothing could be done and eventually, the accidents became too much to ignore.

The Baroness Lear is deeply involved with matters of bioethics and is the former chair of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority. She also has interest in educational matters, giving her two areas of connection with the Vindicator's Academy. This made the European Academy the easy first choice for their youngest daughter's education.

Violet is a slim, athletic brunette with an interest in many sports. With her priviledged upbringing, she has been able to indulge in whatever interests her including (but not limited to) equestrian, fencing and skiing. She's very competitive but in a friendly way. She wants to win but losing to a skilled opponent doesn't bother her.

Thanks to Horsenhero for the drawing

Shiver - 134 points - PL 8

Abilities - 16 points
    Str - 12 - 2 points
    Dex - 14 - 4 points
    Con - 14 - 4 points
    Int - 12 - 2 point
    Wis - 10 - 0 points
    Cha - 14 - 4 points

Attack - +5 - 10 points
    Defense - +6 - 16 points

Saves - 17 points
    Fortitude +6 (+2 Con +4 Bought)
    Reflex +10 (+2 Dex +8 Bought)
    Will +6 (+0 Wis +6 Bought)
    Toughness +6 (+2 Con +2 Protection +2 Defensive roll)

Powers - 49 points
    Cold Mastery
    -Environment 4 (Cold 1, Hamper Movement 1, 50 foot radius) - 8 points
    -Immunity 10 (Cold effects) - 10 points
    -Environmental Adaptation(Cold) - 1 point
    -Speed 2 (Move-by action) - 3 points
    Ice Blast 6 (Autofire) - 18+4 points
    -AP:Ice Sword- Strike 7 (Penetrating, Improved Critical)
    -AP:Snare- Snare 7 (Applies Extreme cold to target)
    -AP:Ice Objects- Create 8(Innate, Permanent)
    -AP:Ice Patch- Trip 8(Area, Opposed by Dexterity)
    Ice Defense
    -Dodge Focus 4 - 4 points
    -AP:Ice Armor - Protection 4

Skills - 14 points
    Acrobatics 7(9)
    Bluff 4(6)
    Climb 6(7)
    Concentration 7(7)
    Diplomacy 2(4)
    Knowledge(Civics) 2(3)
    Knowledge(Climatology) 2(3)
    Knowledge(Current Events) 3(4)
    Languages 1 (Base:English, German)
    Notice 6(6)
    Ride 5(7)
    Sense Motive 3(3)
    Stealth 3(5)
    Swim 5(6)

Feats - 14 points
    Acrobatic Bluff
    Attack Specialization 2 (Ice attacks)
    Benefit(Status)
    Defensive attack
    Defensive Roll 2
    Elusive target
    Equipment 2
    -Vindicators Uniform:Protection 2, Commlink, GPS, Immunity Environmental heat
    -Smartphone, laptop, fancy clothes
    Improved Defense
    Improved Disarm
    Improved Initiative
    Power Attack

Drawbacks - 2 points
    Vulnerable - Fire & heat effects- Moderate, Uncommon

Combat
    Unarmed - Attack +5 Damage +1
    Grapple - +6 (Attack +5 Strength +1)
    Defense +10 (+3 permanent +7 dodge)
    Knockback -3
    Initiative +6

Complications
    Cold - Violet is more uncomfortable than most in high temperatures
    Competitive - Violet can turn just about anything into a competition and hates to refuse a challenge or dare
    Family - Violet's older sister is the favorite and she's a bit of a black sheep
    Relationship - Violet is dating Jakob, a non-powered boy who lives in Vienna
    Grief - Eve, Violet's best friend, died recently and Violet has reacted poorly to the loss and her subsequent killing of Eve's killer
    Last edited by Shock; 07-06-2017 at 06:49 PM.