Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: I (Still) Hate It Here: Scope Casanova's Rough Guide to Earth-Prime

Re: I (Still) Hate It Here: Scope Casanova's Rough Guide to Earth-Prime

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
    <hand over eyes> Yes. Definitely need a better name.
    Check out my new super hero/science fiction novel, Unbelievable: A Tale of the Exotica Chronicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Davies View Post
    <hand over eyes> Yes. Definitely need a better name.
    ^_^ As Ecclesiastes 1:9 put it, "What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun."

^_^ As Ecclesiastes 1:9 put it, "What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun."
    Koholeth was a smart guy.

Nevertheless.
    The Steel City Angels

In addition to the Witness and Blackjack, Ferroburg has also recently seen the arrival of a small team of armored vigilantes who have begun taking action against criminals in the area. Unlike the former pair, however, these 'Angels' are definitely known to exist, as they have accepted bounties for recapturing fugitives from justice. It is also rumored that they accept contracts as 'heroes for hire', though no official means of contacting them has ever been revealed. Unfortunately, it must also be admitted that their activities have caused a great deal of property damage, and while the Angels have not yet been charged with any offenses, the possibility that they should be is under investigation. Also under investigation is the question of how they acquired what appear to be lower-powered versions of the nanotech battle armor employed by Robin 'Songbird' Greyfaulks, one of the major stockholders of Delta Media.

The answer, of course, is that, just like her, they stole it.

Technically, the founder of the team stole the other suit of armor created by the suit's original manufacturer, which was then re-engineered by her partner in crime to build five less powerful suits. They have each been given to individuals recruited to serve as members of the team, with the understanding that membership in the group is for life, since they cannot be removed from the person using it until after the suit returns to an inactive form following the death of the wearer. There are currently only four members of the team ... three others have been members, but the missions undertaken by the Angels are dangerous. Which explains what happened to one-third of the former members.

Code:
    Steel City Angel -- PL6

STR	STA	AGL	DEX	FGT	INT	AWE	PRE
    5/0	2/0	1	5/1	2	2	1	0

Advantages
    Accurate Attack, Power Attack, Precise Shot (Ranged/Concealment), Seize Initiative, Teamwork

Skills
    Acrobatics 6 (+7), Intimidate 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+7), Stealth 6 (+7), Vehicles 6 (+7)

Powers
    Armor: Impervious Protection 5
    Personal Enhancements: Enhanced Dexterity 4, Enhanced Stamina 2, Immunity 2 (critical hits)
    Sensors: Senses 5 (communication link [radio], direction sense [GPS], distance sense, infravision, radio)
    Weapon Systems: Array (14 points) 
    • Sonic Mode: Ranged Damage 7
    • Brawler Mode: Enhanced Advantages 3 (Close Attack 3), Enhanced Strength 5, Power-Lifting 1
    Wings: Flight 5, Wings

Offense
    Initiative +1
    Brawler Mode +5, Close Damage DC 20, Critical 20
    Sonic Mode +5, Ranged Damage DC 22, Critical 20

Defenses
    DODGE	PARRY	FORT	TGH	WILL
    5	3	5	7	4

Abilities 14+Advantages 5+Skills 21+Powers 47+Defenses 11=98

Complications

Motivation-Varies: Each of the team has their own particular motivation.

Secret Identity

Transformation: In order to use their powers, the Angels must transform. This takes no time, but they cannot safely do so while restrained,
    and the process destroys whatever clothing they were wearing.
    Calvina Johnson, the team's leader and founder, has Int 4, Awe 2, Pre 3, Technology 8 (+12), Benefit 2 (Independent Income) & Leadership. Her motivation is Justice, though she finds herself worrying that she's just prettying up the notion of vengeance by calling it that. While brilliant, she is the first to admit that the technology used in the powersuits is beyond her. Fortunately, they have retained the services of a genuine expert in the field, Dr. Sue Evil. ("It's pronounced 'Ih-vil'. Really.")

Diana Mallory, the most senior member of the current team, has Str 1, Fgt 3, Equipment 4 (heavy motorcycle), and carries a Bell-Francis Governor firearm (Ranged Damage 8, Inaccurate) in addition to the arnaments of her powersuit. Her motivation is Mercenary -- while loyal to the team, her primary interest is in surviving long enough to get paid for the jobs they undertake, rather than any higher aspirations. Convincing her that there's more to life than that might be a worthwhile cause.

Gladys Michelle, the next most senior recruit, has Technology 6 (+8) and a small array of Tech Powers (beginning with Comprehend Machines 2 & Communication (radio) 1). Her motivation is Thrill of Adventure -- despite the danger she's constantly in, she's having a wonderful time and finds the entire experience a much better adrenaline rush than any of the other dangerous things that she's tried. She is also the only member of the team who is not biologically female.

Stephanie Benjamin, the most recent recruit, is statistically described above. Her motivation is Stunned Disbelief That She Has Been Recruited Into A Crimefighting Team And Can Only Leave The Team Feet-First. Okay, it's actually Unwanted Power. She's not a happy person, is Stephanie.

And then there's Dr. Sue Evil ("It's 'Ih-vil'. 'Ih-vil') who has many secrets. Like, she's not from around here. And, she's much older than she looks. And, she's actually a fallen member of the original Heralds of Legend who is determined that (a) the Heralds reborn on Earth will not wreck this world too and (b) a group of locals who have access to a technology much like that which created the Heralds in the first place will not misuse it. Her determination and dedication would be admirable, if she wasn't a dirty old man who's neither visibly old nor male.

Portrait of Dr. Sue Evil
    Last edited by Davies; 11-06-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    Check out my new super hero/science fiction novel, Unbelievable: A Tale of the Exotica Chronicles.

^_^

OPA Belta

That's a fun, morally ambiguous group. It's the sort of idea I'd be tempted to steal if I was running a game ;}

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron64 View Post
    A bit of that, a bit of Warren Ellis' Black Sun, a bit of Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    That's a fun, morally ambiguous group. It's the sort of idea I'd be tempted to steal if I was running a game ;}
    By all means go ahead.

Incidentally, the Herald that Dr. Sue (let's call her) used to be, before she tore it out of herself, damaging it quite a bit, has reincarnated on Earth. In Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Davies View Post

Incidentally, the Herald that Dr. Sue (let's call her) used to be, before she tore it out of herself, damaging it quite a bit, has reincarnated on Earth. In Japan.
    Honestly, there are very few things that Pittsburgh hasn't applied "Steel City" to. It's a peril of the area. The Angels march in various parades in the area, and I know one of the girls through local theater and films. I will cease teasing you about such coincidences.