Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Singleton Art

OPA Belta

Re: Joe Singleton Art

Some new sketches to share. These 4 are all members of a group called The Union. Killers with minor powers from various crime groups who have banded together to sell their services to the highest bidder. First up is Brute, the Russian:

Drive By, a former gang banger with some super speed:

Hatchet, ex-Triad thug highly skilled with twin axes:

Killshot, ex-mafia and expert with guns, especially pistols:

OPA Belta

Also part of that group is Kumori, former Yakuza with minor darkness powers:

This is Combustion, a thug for hire who wears an antique battlesuit:

OPA Belta

A new sketch from Joe. This is Armato, which means Tank in Italian. He's part of an Italian super team from WW2. The suit is supposed to be based off early plans for what would become the armor worn by Hauptmann Zero (which can be seen in the Brian Brinlee art thread). I wanted the suit to be kind of boxy like Italian tanks at the time were. Came out pretty much like I wanted it to:

OPA Belta

A few new sketches from Joe. First up are 2 pieces for Paladin Security, a Private Military Contractor, and subsidiary company of Palond Industries. First up is the rank and file troops:

This is the powered armor troops they can field in limited quantities:

Lastly, this is Deva. He's a high tech operative who once worked for a Middle Eastern nation, and now works freelance. His costume is inspired by a few pieces of concept art for the Falcon's outfit for Winter Soldier:

Do you mind if I post a few other pieces of Joe's artwork in this thread?

OPA Belta

I must say that I'm very glad to see that Mr Singleton is continuing to produce further excellent works!

Hope you don't mind me posting these.

Here are some mock covers for one of villain groups in Joe's universe, Dynasty. First up is a group shot of the entire group.

Dynasty

"Dynasty is an alternate time-line super-team, in the HeroBlog universe. If the mainstream team Legacy is the Justice League, then Dynasty is the Crime Syndicate.

The front man, there is Abraxas, the second of that name. Behind him, and being inappropriate with a co-worker is Valkyrie. The tiny guy falling from someplace up high is Virus. In the cowl and cape is The Raven. The guy in yellow and black is Overlord, in his time-line, a member of the Overlords, an interstellar group of enforcers, like an evil Green Lantern Corps. The armored guy is Panzer, basically a walking tank. The big guy is Orqa, basically an anthropomorphic killer whale.

Peeking out from behind Orqa is Quickfire, a speedster who literally burns up the road, and snaking her way through the group is the green-skinned Serpentine. She's very stretchy.

It's been awhile since I wrote any HeroBlog stuff, but I'm planning to get back to it, soon."

Next is a cover featuring Overlord.

"It was all going so well.

In just over ten years, Dynasty had risen from a powerful criminal organization to a world power. When, in the early years of the empire, Abraxas had saved the world by destroying a two-mile long asteroid, public opinion had changed and Time Magazine had named him "Man of the Year". Medical innovations pioneered by Raven were making their way into the outside world.

In a few months, their laser launch system in Ecuador will give them access to space.

The empire was weeks away from acceptance into the League of Nations, weeks away from taking its place in the community of nations...

...when the first of Omnedon's scouts appeared in the skies over Earth.
    ------------------------------------------------
    In this mock-issue, Overlord fights off a squadron of advance scouts over coastal Venezuela."

And here's one of Raven and Serpentine

"Raven and Serpentine sneak aboard one of the harvester's mother ships. Serpentine stands guard while Raven hacks the alien computers and download vital data on the interdimensional transporter used by Omnedon's horde. Earth has been made desolate by repeated coronal mass impacts which have torn away much of the atmosphere and killed more than 3 billion people, in the process.

The Earth is lost, they fight only for survival, now"

Here's another piece I really like

Olympia vs. Harpy

Olympia is a member of another group of heroes in Joe's Hero Blog universe, the Valiants.

And here's a few of the characters he's done up for me.

Marauder

Sea Devil

Kestrel

Prof. Atmos

Another mock cover