Thread: Looking for TitansGrave Adventure

Looking for TitansGrave Adventure

Still working on the backstory, probably a bit too much teenage angst written into it but there isn't a lot of other background information to latch onto so I picked a "Notable" character and ran with it. I'm not completely happy with it but I wanted to explain how the focuses came about from his past, things like Brawling, Persuasion and Deception. If anyone has any pointers for the background, feel free to chime in.

Name: Xir Nef
    Race: Half-Elf
    Background: Middle - Merchant
    Class: Mage

Accuracy: 1
    -- Brawling
    Communication: 2
    -- Persuasion
    -- Deception
    Constitution: 1
    Dexterity: 3
    Fighting: 0
    Intelligence: 2
    Perception: 2
    -- Seeing
    Strength: 1
    Willpower: 1

Health: 25
    Defense: 13
    Speed: 15
    Magic Points: 12
    Spellpower: 14

Languages: Common, Elven

Weapon Groups: Brawling, Staves

Talents: Dark Sight, Arcane Blast, Chirurgy, Lightning Arcana, Shadow Arcana

Equipment: Backpack, traveller's garb, waterskin, gauntlet (arcane device), quarterstaff.

Background Story:
    It is said that what doesn't kill you, will make you stronger and that those in cryo-sleep feel like time is standing still in a peaceful dream. The people that say that were as intelligence as a sewer jackal.

Shinrya Fenrix should never have been born but the years to come after the Chaos War weren't easy for him or his family. There were many secrets that came about from that time and he ended up being one of them. It wasn't that he was special, it was more like he was a mistake although he never really knew to whom. In another time and place his, birth in a time of destruction could have been a sign of hope. For many he was simply a reminder of what was lost. It didn't help he was buried in a research lab, put on cryo because it wasn't safe nor was it a world to raise a child. It was done to protect him, at least that is what he has always been told.

He never could shake the night terrors properly, no one should have had to deal with that, let alone a child. There is nothing peaceful about a cold sleep. You feel the cold, darkness creeping surrounding you, then there is the whispering while you can't do anything as you scream inside your head. The fact that he wasn't driven insane is a miracle of science, although he still says he was driven crazy. That was what he said when he put Zev in the hospital.

When he was awoken he grew up and was raised in Vorakis. Every week the family would get together to talk about how important their bloodline was, they would recite the history so everyone would always remember. It wasn't too bad and for awhile it felt like home but that wasn't meant to last. He was raised by the elves but he wasn't one of them, although they mostly treated him like family, he was still a half-breed.

Anyone who knew him when he was younger and growing up would never recognize him now. Other than hate, scorn of those around him, he learned how to brawl. It wasn't brawling per chance, it was more scrapping, he wasn't about to take being kicked while on the ground lightly. That in itself is funny when you consider that he isn't a fighter of any sort. He had to learn how to survive. If learning to scrap wasn't a good thing, the first good thing that came of anything was that he made his first friend back then. Xalia was a kind elf, she wasn't related to him but she was often the one who would bandage him up after a rough day. It probably helped that she thought she was beautiful but she always said he was too old for him. It was from her he learned how to properly treat his wounds, although sometimes he did wish he was left alone to bleed out.

It wasn't that he chose to stay living there, he did try to run away many times. Each time Lyria Fenrix would find him hiding and drag him back home. He didn't know who she was back then. It wasn't until later that he would really appreciate her ability as an engineer, her great business sense and her loyalty to her family. He was part of her family but he always felt like he was letting her down and he never understood why. He never understood when she looked at him with those sad eyes why it made him like he was reminding her of something both sad and happy.

If he couldn't fight his way out, he definitely knew how to talk his way through things. He could become very persuasive and deceptive if needed. It wasn't that he was trying to deceive people to cheat them, he just wanted to either be left alone or given a chance to prove himself. It was never going to happen, he just wasn't family and he grew tired of trying to run away.

It wasn't his fault that the lab blew up. He had no idea who or what the thieves wanted but it was trashed pretty bad. He was supposed to meet Lyria there to talk about his apprenticeship to a mage she knew. He tried to stop them but he was a scrapper, not a fighter. The lab blew up and it seemed like a perfect opportunity to finally vanish. Shinrya Fenrix died that night.

He thought he did it well enough, no one should have been able to tell that he had survived. As usual Lyria was always two steps ahead of him but he would never know that. It seemed it was time to let go and time for him to grow up.

Why he chose his name he doesn't know, just thinking about it would make him angry. It wasn't even an intelligent choice, just another example of how he would let down the family. He couldn't completely abandon his name though, strangely he felt a fondness sometimes when he would hear Xir Nef. It reminded him of the shop.

Re: Looking for TitansGrave Adventure

Are you accepting noob players? As in players who never played an RPG before? I wanted to get into RPG's and Titansgrave in particular, was hoping to learn the rules as we play. I can play by post everyday. And at least for this week I'll be free to play on roll20, since I'm on vacation. After that my availability may vary on live games.

I'm sorry I wasn't planning on running an adventure. I've been looking for someone to GM one since I don't have the time to devote to GMing one. I like creating characters, writing backgrounds probably a bit more than playing which is why I've been working on developing some and posted it. Creating a generic character isn't always easy as I still want it to feel part of the world but there still isn't a lot of information lore wise for Titans Grave currently.

OPA Belta

I might be Starting one up on the Nestora By Night Thread if the Current GM Doesn't show-up&your More than welcome in it.I only looking for 4-5 Players,though,as that's all I feel I can Run Well(I tried with a Bigger group IRL,but it was just Too many People to keep track of)

Quote Originally Posted by MacynSnow View Post
    I might be Starting one up on the Nestora By Night Thread if the Current GM Doesn't show-up&your More than welcome in it.I only looking for 4-5 Players,though,as that's all I feel I can Run Well(I tried with a Bigger group IRL,but it was just Too many People to keep track of)
    Will you run just by post or will you also run live sessions via Roll20 and/or hangouts, etc?

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Snowstone View Post
    Will you run just by post or will you also run live sessions via Roll20 and/or hangouts, etc?
    I kinda have no choice but to do it by Post,as I'm kinda stuck using a Public Library Computer 'till I can get the Money Together to get Mine Repaired.

I kinda have no choice but to do it by Post,as I'm kinda stuck using a Public Library Computer 'till I can get the Money Together to get Mine Repaired.
    But knowing you're open to do it (when you can have your pc fixed) is great, means we could eventually have live sessions.
    If you'll have me, I'll be happy to join. Just hope you can help me create my character. Not only because this is my first time actually playing a pen and paper RPG, but because my idea for my character crashes a bit with the main classes. So I need some help to create a proper character.

OPA Belta

But knowing you're open to do it (when you can have your pc fixed) is great, means we could eventually have live sessions.
    If you'll have me, I'll be happy to join. Just hope you can help me create my character. Not only because this is my first time actually playing a pen and paper RPG, but because my idea for my character crashes a bit with the main classes. So I need some help to create a proper character.
    I'm always Open to try new Things,I either don't Have the Time And/or Resources to ever do it with when I want to(Shrugs)
    As for your Character Concept:Just Tell me your Idea&I'll Gladley help you make your Character.I Even have a Series of Questions to help you out some;
    1)Who was your Favorite Character from The Lord Of The Rings/The Hobbit?(I don't Count the Books,cause they Have way to many Characters in them)
    2)If you were Born in the Middle Ages of Europe,where would you be Born&Why?
    3)Hypothetical Question:In Your Travels across The Lands Of...(Thinks Real Hard for a Kingdom Name,Burst Blood Vessel,get's Healed by Bespecled Dwarven Cleric who shakes their Head Sadly at his Stupididty,Returns to Forum with Idea)Valkana,you come Across a Small Villiage that Needs Help,as they are Being Harrased&Attacked Randomly By Bandits in the Nearby Hills.What would you Do&Why?

Hopefully with these Three Questions,you should have a better Grasp of your Character Concept.

I'm always Open to try new Things,I either don't Have the Time And/or Resources to ever do it with when I want to(Shrugs)
    As for your Character Concept:Just Tell me your Idea&I'll Gladley help you make your Character.I Even have a Series of Questions to help you out some;
    1)Who was your Favorite Character from The Lord Of The Rings/The Hobbit?(I don't Count the Books,cause they Have way to many Characters in them)
    2)If you were Born in the Middle Ages of Europe,where would you be Born&Why?
    3)Hypothetical Question:In Your Travels across The Lands Of...(Thinks Real Hard for a Kingdom Name,Burst Blood Vessel,get's Healed by Bespecled Dwarven Cleric who shakes their Head Sadly at his Stupididty,Returns to Forum with Idea)Valkana,you come Across a Small Villiage that Needs Help,as they are Being Harrased&Attacked Randomly By Bandits in the Nearby Hills.What would you Do&Why?

Hopefully with these Three Questions,you should have a better Grasp of your Character Concept.
    I sent you a private message, so as to not spoil the game/character.

OPA Belta

I sent you a private message, so as to not spoil the game/character.
    I couldn't get to the link for it(Stupid Publice Computers.But Any Port In a Storm&all that Jazz).Try Sending it to my E-Mail Addy(sdewey17@yahoo.com)