Page 374 of 382 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 3817

Thread: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #24: Press Your Luck

Greystone:
    [Jack Rexroth]
    HP: 2

"Okay," the Drifter said, "Aisha, give Fach your communicator." They needed to keep a force here to occupy Apoctastasis, but they also needed to communicate. That meant splitting up Fach and Derryl. Apocatastasis could only mimic genetic abilities; she didn't know if Fluxx's powers were something he could copy and she wasn't willing to test it. He would insist on going with Fach; sending her away was the most efficient way to remove him from the battle. "Aisha, Cyndi, Fach, Fluxx, Greystone, Prehistoric, and Ursa! You're all going with Eric to the Empire State Building. You need to find Herta. Once you have her, we'll all rendezvous at the school.
    Jack nodded his head, he wasn't wild about splitting up the group but it dealt with their problem the best way possible given.

As they readied to go the tattooed teen overheard parts of Martin's conversation with one of the other kids, after he turned into a T-Rex (which was kinda cool as hell). Jack made another mental note to have a talk with Martin about telling too much to people as he included a short description of Jack's powers to total strangers, again.

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
    HP: 1
    Condition: Normal

Nodding to Drifter Tamati shimmered into his watery form, was it wrong for him to feel relieved that he was asked to fight here rather than go with the others to track the speedster though to be honest unless Herta was in the river or ocean he didn't know what he could contribute to finding her.

"Power mimic right understood." now what was a power mimic again, he was sure they had covered it in a class at school but he probably had been looking out the window thinking it was a great day for surfing at the time, ahh they copy your powers like the Zoo or Apocatastasis.

Looking at then older teen Magnitude who from his accent was probably German or Dutch, Tamati smiled as much as he could in his watery form.

"We can do this dude, say blast him or get him to come in close where I could try to put him to sleep.." Tamati's hand turned into a globe of water like a fishbowl " .. well unless he can breath water. Anyway I could also hide in the water over there and take potshots, if Simi can't see me then can't copy powers right?"
    Last edited by Gilliam; 10-14-2016 at 11:39 AM.

OPA Belta

OUBLIETTE-731, MANHATTAN (Fluxx, Greystone, Prehistoric, and Ursa; NPCs: Aisha, Cyndi, Eric, Fach)
    "Just start walking," Eric said, "and I'll take care of the rest." As if to demonstrate for them, Cyndi took a step forward and vanished. Fach tepidly followed her, followed by the rest of the retrieval team.

They took one step forward on Coney Island, only to arrive at the base of the Empire State Building. "My power lets my fold spatial topography," the freshman said. "I link two places, letting you move almost instantaneously between them."

Fach stepped out and looked around. There was no sign of Herta. Cupping her hands around her mouth, she tilted her head back and shouted. "Herta!" she yelled. "It's Fach! Stay put! We're here to rescue you!"

And like that, they were off: the trackers took off, sniffing out the young girl. Standing there, Aisha smiled at Fach. "I love your hair," Aisha said sweetly. "It's such a pretty color."

"Yeah," said Cyndi, "what number is it?"

"I... I don't know..." said the flummoxed German girl. "It's my natural color."

Cyndi smirked. "Suuuure. And your boobs are real too, right?"

"I'm so sorry," Aisha whispered to their guests. "Please don't hate us."

"Cyndi," warned Eric, "behave."

Cyndi rolled her eyes and folded her arms across her chest. "I didn't realize you all were suddenly best friends with Chesty McBoobface."

After a few minutes, the group came back, accompanied by Tantivy. "All right," Eric said, "call it in to the Drifter--tell her we're headed back to the school." Taking another step forward, the group was transported back to the New Vindicators Academy, where Cooker was already waiting.

OUBLIETTE-731, CONEY ISLAND (Cooker, Key, Magnitude, Taheka; NPCs: Apocatastasis, Baron Malevolence, Cataclysm, Derryl, Dirk, Doohickey, The Drifter, Ebb, Goo, Henbane, Hikari, Lodestone, Quake, Simulacrum)
    Key moved cooker into position. With an arm outstretched and palm facing outward, her unleashed the full totality of his powers: a beam of energy bigger than he was erupted from his palm and swallowed Apocatastasis and those around him whole. Before the energy could dissipate, Key sent Cooker back to the New Vindicators Academy.

"What the hell was that?" asked Simulacrum, looking at where Apocatastasis was standing. It was the opening Magnitude needed: pouring the gravity on, he forced the rogue Vindicator to the ground where Taheka lay in wait. Clogging Simulacrum's breathing passages, the teen started to suffocate the man, only for him to suddenly turn to water himself.

Cataclysm flew past and Taheka only just barely jumped out of the way. It seemed that the teen didn't care whether ally or enemy were harmed by the lightning bolts he commanded. Nevertheless, it had the desired effect: Simulacrum cried out in pain.

Cooker's attack had rendered Apocatastasis tangible, and the combined forces gathered around him refused to waste such an opportunity. Goo morphed his arm into a spiked mace and swung it up into the monster's jaw, only for Quake to clobber him with chunks of earth. Henbane jumped onto Apocatastasis' back, stabbing him in the neck with a syringe. He bucked and she jumped away from him, leaving him open to a slash from Hikari's light blade.

Shaking off the effects of Cooker's blast, Dirk wrapped himself around the monster. "John!" he screamed. John grabbed one of the Gilgamesh robots and brought it down over Apocatastasis' head.

Ebb rose up from the ground and grabbed Apocatastasis' ankles. Turning him intangible, he pulled him into the ground and released him, leaving him partially permeating the beach.

The immortal's head sagged forward.

"We need to pull back!" the Drifter shouted. "He won't stay down for long!"

"I've got control of the Gilgameshes!" Doohickey shouted.

"Key, start evacuating people!"

At the Drifter's order, the tall youth began teleporting whomever he could back to the New Vindicators Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michuru81
    Hero points to Cooker, Key, Magnitude, and Taheka.
    OUBLIETTE-731, NVA (Cooker, Fluxx, Greystone, Key, Magnitude, Prehistoric, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Aisha, Baron Malevolence, Cataclysm, Cyndi, Derryl, Dirk, Doohickey, The Drifter, Ebb, Fach, Goo, Henbane, Hikari, Himura, Lodestone, Quake, Simulacrum)
    Upon their arrival, they found the retrieval team waiting for them. The Drifter set eyes on Herta. "Good," she said. "Now, we can-"

The words hadn't left her lips when a glowing glyph appeared under her feet. It was a phenomenon Derryl had last seen almost a year ago. He knew what it meant... Just as he had made the Astrolabe take him from his home dimension, Derryl rushed at the Drifter, determined to flee another doomed universe.

Eric moved to grab his roommate and their teammates hurried to join them. They didn't know what was happening--only that something was happening...

OUBLIETTE-137, NVAE (Cooker, Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Key, Magnitude, Prehistoric, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Aisha, Cyndi, Derryl, Dirk, El Campeador, Eric, Fach, John, Lluvia, Nelson, Newton, Ogre, Oscar, Prodigy, Shakes, Sublime, Tantivy, Telekinetic Storm)
    There was a flash of light signalling the Drifter's return. When the light had faded, they quickly realized that the team she'd taken had expanded: their numbers had grown by seven. Tantivy was with them, as were six other teens garbed in the Vindicators uniform.

Prodigy stared at them all for a moment, then pushed all of the questions he wanted to ask aside. "Martin," he said, "let's find out what your doppelganger left inside of my sister."

Tantivy didn't register that he was talking about her until Fluxx put a hand on her. "What are you-"

"You missed a lot," Prodigy told her darkly. "Apparently, after her capture last year, my mother was sentenced to life in Pandora, was recruited into the Armada, plotted mutiny, conceived you, escaped to our dimension's past, where she died bringing you into this world. Also, another dimension's version of Martin left a message inside of you for him regarding how to save the world. Any questions?"

Tantivy stared blankly at him. "Tons."

"Tough." Prodigy looked at Fluxx. "What have we got?"

OUBLIETTE-137 (Current)
    I'm dispatching Impasse and Medic to your location, Prodigy texted him.

Sure enough, after a few moments of waiting, Impasse descended, carrying the girl from the other world with him. As they worked to save one life, Current moved to help find other survivors.

It wasn't long after that he got another text from Prodigy: The others are back. Can you get back here? We're putting an end to this and need all the firepower we can get.

Hero point to Lex.
    OUBLIETTE-137 (Shiver)
    As Shiver continued to evacuate the building, help arrived. A teen wearing the same uniform she wore lunged past her. His skin, she realized, was green and translucent; there was a slight sheen on it as well. He jumped, bouncing into the air. Strands of taffy shot from his wrists to help him reach the highest windows. Vanishing inside, he soon emerged, carrying someone in his arms. Using the same taffy rope trick he'd used to enter the window, he repelled down the side of the building.

As he climbed down, a slender girl with emerged from the building's shadow, leading out a pair of children. Her short, black hair had white highlights in it.

Shiver turned, realizing someone was standing beside her. It was a short, chesty girl a year her senior. Like the other two, she wore the Vindicators uniform. Unlike them, she didn't seem to be in any rush to charge into the building and pull anyone to safety. Still, she seemed friendly, smiling serenely at Shiver... and then tossing her a flirtatious wink.

Before she could question it, her phone vibrated with a text message from Prodigy: We have Herta and are ready to bring this to an end. Head back to the school when you can.

Hero point to Violet.

Unless anyone has anything else, I'll conclude this session and start the next one shortly.

OPA Belta

NVAE #25: Jeopardy!

NVAE #25: Jeopardy!

Friday, June 19, 2009

OUBLIETTE-137, NVAE (Cooker, Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Key, Magnitude, Prehistoric, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Aisha, the Blue Knight, Cacophony, Candyman, Confectionery, Cyndi, Derryl, Dirk, Dispatch, the Drifter, the Drifter, El Campeador, Eric, Fach, Hemophiliac, John, Ion, Kelpie, Lluvia, Newton, Ogre, Oscar, Paladin, Prodigy, Shakes, Sublime, Tantivy, Telekinetic Storm, Ultra Mauler, Vespertine, Viscosity)

As Fluxx transcribed the data he found imprinted on Tantivy’s genetic code, the Blue Knight returned to the war room, bringing a small group with him. “Everyone,” he said, “this is Paladin, the man who trained me.”

The man looked almost identical to Blackguard, albeit a few years older. He was a tall man with a muscular build worn under the standard uniform of the Vindicators. His dark hair was tied back and he sported a beard touched by faint streaks of grey around his chin.

With him were several others: a young girl, maybe twelve or so, with dirty-blonde hair; an older, dark-haired teen whose uniform was unzipped, exposing some of her chest; a pudgy boy with bushy eyebrows and short, blonde hair; a tall, thin, boy with dark hair and pale skin; and a boy with short brown hair.

Bringing up the rear was a young woman several in the room recognized: it was clearly the Drifter, though a year or two younger than the one who had just returned from Oubliette-731.

“Apparently, he didn’t end up in Blackguard’s home dimension,” the Blue Knight said. “He ended up almost twenty years in the future. There was… an incident… Most of the heroes of that world have been killed. He took the survivors—students at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe—and has been training them underground.

“I’ve… been talking to them, and… Look, it’s probably for the best that we don’t know too much about our futures—even if it’s only a possible future… so I’ve asked them to only go by their codenames.

“This is Cacophony,” he said, gesturing to the eldest girl. He looked to the pudgy boy. “Ion. Dispatch.” He nodded to the mousey-hair youth. “Kelpie.” The pale boy waved awkwardly. “And… Ultra Mauler…”

“HI!” exclaimed the youngest of the bunch. She flashed everyone a toothy grin. Her eyes found Greystone and lit up. “Hi, daddy!” she cheerily said. She continued scanning the room. “Where’s mummy?”

Paladin knelt beside the young girl. “Remember what we talked about, Mauler? About how you could accidentally prevent them from-”

Ultra Mauler clapped her hands over her mouth and her eyes went big. She looked fearfully to Greystone. “Sorry,” she said, “I was terribly mistaken! Youjustkindoflooklikemydaddy,butnotreally. Definitely.” Again, she flashed a big smile, though this one was a very nervous grin.

“Luckily, I don’t need to worry about any of that,” said Dispatch. “My father left before I was born. I don’t even think the son of a bitch knows I exist.”

It also didn’t appear to be a problem for the young boy Shiver arrived with: “Bunică?” the chiseled teen asked as he saw Confectionery.

As he ran forward to hug her, the former KGB agent looked around for someone to explain what was happening. “I’m sorry,” she said, “who are you?”

“J.R.!” he exclaimed. “J.R. Radikovich! I’m your grandson!”

“We’re from the future,” said the short, chesty girl with them. “I’m Bianca. This is J.R. and Tina. We’re… sort of new to time travel.”

As Shiver explained how she’d met the trio, Prodigy returned to the room, having read what Fluxx found etched on Tantivy’s DNA. “Everyone,” he said, “if I can have your attention… It looks like we have a lot of reinforcements—I assume from different worlds…”

The trio Shiver had brought to the school tensed at the sight of the American.

“I’m afraid introductions will have to wait. We have something more pressing to deal with…

“Here is what we know,” Prodigy said. “Argus is a robot bent on destroying us. He gathered an army of super-powered criminals and sent them off on an endless mission to wipe out as many universes as they can. Something is wrong with their ship, however. One of their members—Ganze—tried to figure out a way to control where the ship goes, instead of making random jumps. Because of this, their ship is now stranded between three dimensions, and their people are trying to figure out how to get it unstuck. If they succeed, we all die. It’s as simple as that.

“We have to look at this logically: we can’t stop them all. There’s simply not enough time. The Elpis has made the connection. We can’t hope to stop them… but we can contain them. Ganze’s data cuts off oddly, but it looks like… well, like they got stuck in an infinity loop.”

“Infinity.” A sigh came from Derryl—the sound controller who had hitched a ride to this dimension with the Drifter. “Dennis knows what I’m talking about.” He inclined his head towards Imago, yet another refugee in this universe. “My home dimension was wiped out by the Armada… but something weird happened there. When they arrived, it shattered time. Have you ever seen Groundhog Day? The same day kept playing out over and over on an infinite loop. My friends and I used that to our advantage and we learned what we could about the Armada—about their ship.” He cast a strange look at Ursa—had he known the Finn in his home dimension?

“I’ve looked at the data,” Prodigy said, “and the only way to win is to lose. He was horrified by what he was thinking, but knew there was no other way. “We can sacrifice one universe to save two.”

“Oh, big surprise!” snapped J.R. “In our time, Jason Lamperouge is the biggest villain there is!”

“And let me guess,” snapped John Saxon, “your universe isn’t on the chopping block?”

“There has to be another way,” Newton was saying. “We can’t let an entire world just-”

“Everyone shut up!” roared Cacophony. “Now isn’t the time to bicker! It’s like he just said: as soon as the Armada figures out how to fix their ship, all of us are gone!”

Prodigy thanked the bewitching girl with a nod. “From what I’ve learned of our three dimensions, one of them has an immortal monster on the rampage there.”

“There are people at our school,” said Dirk, knowing which dimension he was talking about. “Our classmates and teachers—my parents!”

“My Rita!” John exclaimed before adding as an afterthought, “And my girlfriend!”

“Not to mention, oh, everyone else on the planet!” Eric glared at the genius. “There are billions of innocent people there! People you’re talking about just… just…” He couldn’t bring himself to say it.

“I don’t like this any more than the rest of you,” Prodigy said, “but what else can we do? The Armada has the numbers. We could try to rush them—to take every single one of them out—but there are multiple problems with that. Even if we defeat every single member of the Armada—capture or kill—Argus is still in play. Confectionery, Greystone, Fluxx, Ogre, Oscar… all of them say Argus doesn’t stay on the ship. If we don’t find a way to shut down the ship, then nothing stops him from forging another Armada, bringing them here, and we’re right back where we started. Hell, maybe next time he’ll park his ship over the Philippines, and we won’t be able to get there in time to stop him. Maybe he’ll appear over Amarillo? How’s about somewhere in Greenland?

“Next time he shows up, we very likely won’t all be together. We won’t have an army to stand against him with. Right now, though… we do. Ogre said that the Armada has destroyed hundreds of dimensions. Hundreds! Maybe the next time they surface, they’ll have destroyed thousands!”

“Fine,” Shakes, “so… what if we take him out? Him and the Armada? Like you said: we have the numbers. Why can’t we just put them all down?”

Prodigy pretended to consider the teen’s point. “It might work,” he lied. “We’ll still need to untangle our dimensions, though… This won’t be easy. As I see it, we’ll need to split into six teams and hit key locations.

“Epsilon Team will go to the Stoicheion containment chambers to sever the connection the Elpis has to our universes.

“Next, Delta Team will need to go to navigation and force the Elpis’ computer to accept the destination for the next shift. We will be using a slightly modified version of Ganze’s algorithm.

“The next problem is the grey men. Argus created these guys to maintain the Elpis. If we disable it, there’s no telling how long it will take them to get it up and going again.” He froze, knowing that he was about to suggest a team commit genocide. “We have to stop the grey men. Ganze’s data suggests that they’re connected by a hive mind. I think that we can use that… We’ll need someone to shut their minds down—with an attack like Gwyn’s claymore. However, a group will need to go and shut down the incubator, to keep any further grey men from being created.

“Anyone who volunteers for Gamma Team needs to keep that in mind: these creatures were created—fabricated by Argus with the purpose of destroying us.

“Beta Team will be tasked with destroying a door.” The schematics Ganze, the Drifter, and Confectionery all provided suggest that there is a door that leads nowhere aboard the Elpis. I think I know what it is, however: I believe it’s a portal to whatever dimension Argus resides on. A team is going to have to go there and disable this door to prevent him from coming through to undo our hard work.

“Lastly, Alpha Team… They’ll need to initiate the shift once everyone else has evacuated. They’ll also need to be able to evacuate themselves before the ship takes them with it. I suspect they’ll have a split second to escape the ship before they become a permanent fixture on this planet.

“Merle… you’re the only one who could do something like that…”

“Merle and me,” corrected Eric. “I can tele-”

“No,” said Prodigy. “Even if we remove the threat of the Armada, your world still has Apocatastasis to deal with. I have a plan for dealing with him, too, but you’ll need to evacuate the school. He’ll be drawn there—all those powers in one place? You’re going to need to get everyone there and bring them here, or to the school in Sao Paolo.”

Alarms sounded in Aisha’s head. “If you go back there, won’t the monster have your power? He could come here-”

“I have to be able to clearly picture where I want to go,” Eric said. “He’s never been to this world—never seen it. So long as we keep him from being able to… look inside someone’s head and see what we’ve seen, he’s stuck on our world.”

“Wait,” said Lluvia, “that’s only five. You said six teams…”

“The last team will be support,” said Prodigy. “Fiore and Thorn are still in Vienna, working to rescue as many people as they can. Many of our classmates are out there with them. Sao Paolo will also need relief.”

“I’ll go back,” Telekinetic Storm said. “Vantage and I can start digging through the rubble, looking for survivors.”

Prodigy nodded to him. “Each of the attack teams will need a navigator. Greystone, Fluxx, Confectionery, Ogre, and Oscar have all lived among the Armada for months and know the ship well. Derryl said he has a mental map of the places from exploring it so many times on his world. The Drifter has schematics drawn up by one of Derryl’s old associates. Likewise, my memory means I’ve got a mental map of things.”

“I’ll take Gamma,” Confectionery said without hesitation. “I’ll be the one to take out the Grey Men.”

“I’m taking Delta,” Prodigy insisted. “If we’re going to do this, the algorithm will need to be precise.”

In short, there are five missions. Let me know who's going on which team.

Alpha (attacking the bridge to shift the Elpis)

Beta (destroying Argus' door)

Gamma (taking down the Grey Men): Confectionery

Delta (messing with the Elpis' computer): Prodigy

Epsilon (destroying the batteries)

OPA Belta

Cooker
    HP: 2

Francis was more than a little aghast at the idea of destroying another world. Just like this Armada? No. He was more visibly relieved at the second plan. "I'll go with Epsilon."

OOC
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

OPA Belta

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #23: I've Got a Secret

Imago
    HP: 8

He wasn't fooled. Jason may have said the algorithm needed to be precise, but Eve or Herta or Martin could likely follow the instructions to the letter if Prodigy gave them. Jason was still going to set up 731 as the sacrificial lamb. On one hand, the flat out scale of the Armada's destruction needed to be stopped. But an entire universe?

Dennis knew the necessities of hard choices. It still sickened him. "Gwyn" and he wondered what the name change was behind Harry, "isn't the only one who can attack minds. I'll go with Gamma."

OOC
    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
    Crinoverse - Avengers
    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
    Crinoverse - Time After Time
    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
    Extreme Unction

OPA Belta

Fluxx
    HP:3

"Stoicheion is ze essential element of biblical fame. I'd love a chance to look at it again... just before destroying ze collection cells. I can guide team Epsilon zough I request a side mission - zere is a man and 'is wife on ze Elpis 'oo are not part of ze crew and wish evacuation. I owe 'im my aid in zis. I do not know 'oo 'e is zough but I suspect a technopath of some sort. I know time is tight but per'aps 'e can be of assistance. We still do not 'ave a plan to board ze ship, correct?" Fluxx says.

He was still adjusting to everything happening so fast. German Martin had a ruthless genius about him - Herta's Genetic code had been packed to the gills with extra data. Martin suspected that if she didn't have a rapid cellular refresh rate that she would be prone to cancerous growths as the superfluous code impacted normal functioning. He didn't know if he could fix this anymore. As a fetus, German Martin had many fewer cells to affect, the correction would have to be applied to trillions more. Maybe something in his parent's secret laboratory would help - he'd yet to go back to the Curie institute to find it but he knew it had the genetic equipment to create and sustain a clone of Tatjana, maybe it'd have something to help Herta.... But that was all for another day, they had worlds to save.

When the subject of parentage of the future children came up the scientist in Martin couldn't help himself. As he shook hands with the new kids in greeting he took a bit of DNA to compare to others. Ultra Mauler was so clearly a pairing of Jack and Kirstie it would be uncomfortable if it weren't humorous.
    Last edited by flynnarrel; 10-14-2016 at 01:46 PM.

Greystone:
    [Jack Rexroth]
    HP: 3

Jack had kept quiet while Jason went over the information Martin somehow pulled out of Herta, even the arrival of the new group didn't raise an alarm from him since he'd kept the enhanced senses. He'd recognized the "new" Drifter amongst their number and he trusted her enough to not bring more trouble to them.

Then the Blue Knight introduced his mentor's troop.

“This is Cacophony,” he said, gesturing to the eldest girl. He looked to the pudgy boy. “Ion. Dispatch.” He nodded to the mousey-hair youth. “Kelpie.” The pale boy waved awkwardly. “And… Ultra Mauler…”

“HI!” exclaimed the youngest of the bunch. She flashed everyone a toothy grin. Her eyes found Greystone and lit up. “Hi, daddy!” she cheerily said. She continued scanning the room. “Where’s mummy?”

Paladin knelt beside the young girl. “Remember what we talked about, Mauler? About how you could accidentally prevent them from-”

Ultra Mauler clapped her hands over her mouth and her eyes went big. She looked fearfully to Greystone. “Sorry,” she said, “I was terribly mistaken! Youjustkindoflooklikemydaddy,butnotreally. Definitely.” Again, she flashed a big smile, though this one was a very nervous grin.
    Jack was reminded of a conversation he had with the Drifter on his first trip to a different world many, many months ago.

"Every world is different," the Drifter explained. "Somewhere out there, I'm sure there's a world where Hitler was a humanitarian. For instance, in another, I fought alongside your daughter, Roselyn Arnett-Rexroth. You and Kirstie decided to hyphenate your children's surname so that they take advantage of the reputation her family has in certain circles."

"Me and Kirstie's..." Jack trailed off as he thought about that world--a world where he and Kirstie married, and started a family. "Quit telling me about other world's me."

"Dully noted," the Drifter replied.
    The tattooed American looked at the young girl for several moments, honestly unsure of how to respond, or if he should at all because now sure as hell wasn't the time to get into this particular can of worms. He couldn't be sure if this was even the same girl the Drifter had told him about, but the way she talked left little doubt in his mind that the girl's mother was likely Kirstie Arnett.

Those thoughts kept him quiet as Jason resumed explaining his plan. It was a hard choice to be made, but from what he understood about the Apocatastasis situation on the other world it wasn't exactly the worst idea he could think of. Though Jack did understand why the folks from that world would be upset, he likely would be as well and he made a mental note to keep an eye on any of them that might be part of the same group he went with.

Then when the subject of teams came up, Jack didn't hesitate to volunteer himself. "I'll guide Alpha team to the bridge." What Jack didn't share was that he wanted to have a few choice words with the Admiral of the Armada.

OPA Belta

Magnitude
    Kasimir Flaegler
    HP 3

Kas let most of the conversation wash over him without reacting. Children. Other dimensions. Genetic data. The only thing that gave him pause was the necessity to sacrifice an entire dimension to complete their task. He wondered why the decision of which dimension must go couldn't simply be randomized? It was more than likely so Jason could make sure he was on one of the worlds that survived.

Still, that was a potential problem that could be dealt with later. For now they had missions to attend to.

"I will go for Argus' door. If he manages to get to the portal I can make myself a singularity and drag him back to his dimension with me. Whoever accompanies me will then have free rein to destroy the door while he remains trapped with me. If he does not make a rush for the portal, I will just crush it it with my power. Either way, after we are finished, Argus will be a non-issue."

OPA Belta

Violet Lear
    HP: 3->4

It was all too big for Violet. In school, she was still wrapping her head around the implications of climate change. Having the fate of three dimensions in their hands was too much to ponder. She'd just have to trust smarter ones to know what they were doing so they wouldn't all die. "I'll go with Alpha to the bridge." If she could be the one that actually pushed the button to end it all and save the world? What could be more heroic than that?