Page 24 of 382 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

OPA Belta

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #15: Deport (IC)

Martin didn't even try to explain how potent and versatile and formidable Tellemaja's Neo-Sapian abilities were, nor the fact that she's likely met more people in her extensive life to draw from - power-wise.

Martin shifted again this time choosing from the students who were off-campus. Jack stood out too much, the blue-armored Harry might be checked up on since he had some connection to the Paladin/Blackguard person, he decided on Gaspar and headed for Dag's dorm room.

OPA Belta

HOFBURG PALACE
    The princess saw how her brother loved her fiancÚ, and moved to use it against him: "Where are our parents' bodies, Oscar?" she asked. "If it's not too late--if Gabriel can revive them... then perhaps their won't be any need to try the herzog for conspiracy to commit regicide."

Herzog Kasamir narrowed his eyes on Sophie. He realized what she was doing, even if her brother did not. As Oscar gave up the location of his parents' corpses, Gabrielle disappeared, taking Christian with her. The Drifter looked back then, spotted Kas' display of power, and quietly slid in place beside him.

Her fingers fit perfectly in the spaces between his, and the dimension-hopping woman gave him a reassuring smile. "It's not the outcome I would have hoped for," she said, "but it's better than the alternative."

Astrid stood behind the pair: her gaze was on their hands.

NVAE (Martin)
    Standing outside of Dag's door, Martin could almost smell Tallemaja behind the door. Her scent was masked by the array of aromas in the air: it was pungent and sweet and musky and earthy and sweaty all at the same time. It was like almonds and mushrooms; it was like scallops and an overripe banana. It was bitter and sweet, and it made Martin think of Tatjana.

OPA Belta

Any plants in the hallway outside his door or windows that birds could watch through?

OPA Belta

Magnitude
    Kasimir Flaegler
    HP 5 LP 2

Kas had to admire Sophie's political savvy, manipulating Oscar's feelings for the Herzog. Certainly it wasn't incredibly subtle and it certainly was rather ruthless, but given the circumstances, it was completely warranted.

When Beth laced her fingers through his, he gave hers a gentle squeeze. He should have then extricated his hand from her grasp, since at some point in the future, it would not be him, but Gwyn who had her affections, but for this moment the attention was nice. Later he could wrap himself in the cold comfort of his duty, but for this fleeting instant he would allow himself the fantasy of a girlfriend.

He was anxious for this to end though. He had Vienna waiting for him on his own earth. Truth be told, he would miss both Sophie and Beth. Beth most of all, but he would content himself with this brief moment in time.

And he would even ignore the lurking Astrid...for now. Her jealousy and feelings for him would have to be addressed at some point and while he couldn't be sure she was staring daggers at Beth, given her response to Drifter and Sophie earlier, he could assume that was the case. That, like so much else, was business for another time however.

OPA Belta

NVAE (Martin)
    A potted plant at each end of the hall, as well as windows.
    HOFBURG PALACE
    Things began to happen fast: as Oscar allowed himself to be taken into custody, the herzog moved to repair the damage done to his relationship with Sophie. "I'm so glad that you're safe," he said.

She eyed him wearily. "Guards," she called, "take this man away as well."

The herzog looked shocked. "You heard your brother--I've done nothing wrong!"

"Perhaps," said the princess, "but you said it yourself: there are obviously impostors about." She looked to Kas, and nodded. "He is the real Kasamir Flaegler, which means you are no doubt an impostor."

"My sister will vouch for me!" the herzog shouted, scanning the crowd for Gitta. "Gitta! Gitta, where are you?"

"I've already seen to having Miss Farouk transport your sister home, so that she might tell everyone what has happened here. After all, I'd hate for these events to lead to a war between our countries."

As the warden took the herzog away, the Drifter frowned at Sophie. "You realize we can't stay here, yes? It's going to create problems when you can't produce a Kas other than that one."

"I'll let my father work that out with the Kaiser," Sophie explained. "Oscar's confession will go a long way in ensuring that the herzog is not punished for what he's done, but I doubt he'll get off completely free and clear."

It wasn't much longer before Gabrielle returned with the emperor and his wife. Gabriel worked his magic and revived both, and Sophie moved to try and explain the strange course of events that had led to their resurrection.

Once good byes were said, the Astrolabe worked its magic: a brilliant rune appeared on the ground below their feet. The radiance filled their senses as the world shifted around them. When the light faded, they were standing outside of the school... but something was wrong. There was no sound. No traffic from the city; no students rushing to class; no birds in the sky.

There was no grass below their feet.

Kas could "see" much further out: he saw that this place was so still and dead. Jack's nose and ears brought the same revelation. As far as either boy could tell, there was nothing living here for miles.

The Drifter looked at her watch: it was 6:39. "This isn't your home," she said. "The Astrolabe brought us somewhere else... It wanted us to be here."

"Why?" asked a timid Astrid. "What is this place?"

Gaspar bent down and put his hand to the dry, cracked earth. "Everything here is so dead. Why would it bring us here?"

Almost as soon as the question was asked, the runes appeared around them all once more. The light filled everything, and when it receded, the grass had returned. The sounds of life filled their ears. Though to the casual observer, it looked like they were standing on the front lawn of the school, the Drifter checked her watch to ensure they had come home. "1:37," she said. "You're back home."

Gaspar removed the helmet of the armor he'd stole and looked at the sky. He seemed to appreciate it--whether because of the journey they'd taken, or the desolation they'd just seen, no one could tell. There, in that moment, looking up at the sky, Gaspar seemed to genuinely be content.

Astrid, on the other hand, shot a venomous look at the Drifter.

"I... I should go," the Drifter said. "For whatever reason, the Astrolabe wanted me to see that place. That it then brought you all back might be it's way of saying that I needed to drop you all off and get moving--figure out what happened back on that other world."

"Yeah," said Astrid coldly. "You'd better go."

She looked up at Harry nervously. "Gwyn," she said uneasily. "I need to... You need to know that I'm..." She caught a look from Jack and remembered what he said about making decisions for them. "I'm sorry," she told him.

She turned then to Kas and smiled. "I'll be back as soon as I can," she said. "We'll talk then."

Suddenly, the runes appeared under her feet. There was a blinding flash of light, and the Drifter was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Michuru81
    New post coming as quick as I can.

One power point for everyone but Martin. PM coming soon, flynn...
    Last edited by Michuru81; 07-13-2014 at 09:39 AM.

OPA Belta

NEW VINDICATORS ACADEMY OF EUROPE #16: Live

Saturday, March 21, 2009

FRONT LAWN (Harry, Jack, Kas; NPCs: Astrid, Gaspar)
    There was a flash of light, and the Drifter was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Michuru81
    Though to the five, it's only been a few days, a full week has passed in this world. It's up to you guys to determine if/how you discover that.

It is roughly 7am.
    BOYS' DORMS (Martin)
    Martin, wearing Gaspar's face, stood outside Dag's door. There was a window at each end of the hall, and while he could see no birds sitting on the window ledge, there were potted plants under both that Robor could certainly see through.

On the other side of the door was Dag and Mary. Tallemaja. The shapeshifting enchantress who had once been a part of Chuck's consortium of mages and once been a part of Laputa. Everything Martin knew about her made it sound as though she was driven only by a desire for more power. She had deceived the entire school into thinking she was a harmless girl from Sweden whose only power let her alter her appearance. In truth, she was a dangerous shapeshifter who been a match for Jack. Factor in her training as a wizard gave her an ability to control minds--that she likely had several students under her thumb--and there was telling how deep her control was.

She wanted more power, and she was determined to hide until she had it in her grasp. Whatever was in that cylinder was supposed to give her more. It was a gamble: she was already far too strong for the Frenchman's liking, but if that power could help him save Tatjana...

How far was he willing to go to save the woman he loved? Was he willing to offer his help in making someone like Tallemaja even stronger than she already was? He had been up all night, debating it with Gwen, and now, in the early morning hours, he was standing outside Dag's door, trying to decide what to do...

LEX'S ROOM
    Sunlight came through Lex's window. The memory of last night was fresh in his mind: how cold Kirstie had been--how hurt she had looked...

VIOLET'S ROOM
    Violet's phone turned on, revealing no new text messages, but one missed call. It wasn't from any number she recognized, though it was apparently a local call.

A different sort of person might have tried to figure out where the call had come from before dialing but Violet didn't see what the harm could be. Whoever it was, they already had her number. And she didn't know anyone outside the school aside from the boys. It had to be one of them. She pressed redial on the number and watched the screen to see if any identification would come up.

"Landespolizeidirektion Wien Verkehrsamt," said the bored man who answered the phone.

Vienna Police.

OPA Belta

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #16: Live

Martin pondered the dilemma. Everything he knew of Laputa showed they were idealistic, or maybe that was his justification because his parents were part of it and he wanted to ascribe a positive, if misguided, trait. Martin pushed aside the thoughts of if he were romanticizing terrorism or not. He also knew that Tallemaja liberally spread around mental commends to 'help' people, and Rembrandt confirmed there was no hidden mental commands in Tatjana at least. It could be that Tallemaja was trying to create the psychological dependence that Martin feared. But it could also be that she was just trying to help in her own way. The attack on the U.N. by that Ugandan terrorist (prompted by Tallemaja) that seemed to swing support toward clearing warlords out of Africa... Martin had to admit was a pretty selfless act, she didn't gain directly from that, did she? Was there a reason she cared about Africa? Or maybe the allocation of U.N. resources?

Martin-Gaspar grimaced. He *wanted* to think the best of people, it was his nature. He *had* to believe there was some drive to make the world a better place.

He knocked on the door in typical brusque Gaspar fashion and spoke in the Spaniard's voice. "Hey guys, you were loud *again*. Oh, and Dag, you got some mail, a thick letter, looks important." Martin tried to sound annoyed as he'd heard the student be so often.

While carrying on as he was, 'Gaspar' moved his foot by the lower door crack a some of himself trickled in forming raised by connected letters. He figured Dag would sense a change and look over. 'I NEED HELP. COVER ANY PLANTS. PLAY ALONG.'

The Blue Knight

Gwyn could only crinkle his face up in confusion at Lamperouge's words. Sorry for what? And now, after seeing the Astrolabe in action three times, he wasn't sure it was it that had saved him from that little nothingness prison. There hadn't been any of those squiggly symbols or anything.

He still had The Burned Man's armor on as well, and was happy to be free of the helmet. "Should make a good souvenir, what?"

He fumbled with getting the rest of the armor off, and then grabbed his cellphone-it had been useless the whole time they'd been in the other dimension, but it should still work here, even if his battery was low.

"Aw, damn. A whole week has flown by, its the twenty-first!" A whole week's worth of classes he'd missed-maybe he should've gotten a note saying "Harry will be away in another dimension for a few days, please have a school mate pick up any work he may have missed."

Probably wouldn't fly, anyway.

Alex "Current" Murphy
    HP: 2 CND: Normal

Lex grumbled as the sun hit him in the face.

He swore he'd closed that damn curtain.

He sighed as he considered getting up. After all he had so much to look forward to.
    Kirstie was mad at him, and after the Viktor incident he'd come to understand that Kirstie would stop being mad when she decided to stop being mad and nothing between that time was going to do any good.

Doug was pissed at him too because... reasons.

Mike was still palling around with Rose, which made hanging with him as much fun as stabbing himself in the hand (and Lex could test that theory out without much difficulty).

And Gaspar was still missing.

He groaned, rolled over and buried his face under his pillow trying to go back to sleep. Maybe tomorrow would be a better day.

OPA Belta

Violet Lear
    HP: 3

Violet
    was disappointed it was just the police. No excitement there. "Uh... no spreche Deutsch. This is Violet Lear. Can someone speak English to me?"