Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age Core Rulebook - Missing Things and Mistakes (Errata Collection...)

Keeper of Secrets

Re: Dragon Age Core Rulebook - Missing Things and Mistakes (Errata Collection...)

Quote Originally Posted by Maerwynne View Post
    (...)
    It also makes more sense for an entropy spell to increase magic ability over healing, but that's a personal view.(...)
    I don't think so. Metamagic (as in: spells affecting other spells, spellpower, mana etc.) is almost exclusively the domain of Spirit school while Entropy does include some healing (of the life-draining variety). Spirit magic on the other hand has no healing whatsoever - it's too focused on immaterial. Even Spirit Healer, while relying on Spirit magic a lot, casts Creation spells when it comes to actually applying the spirit-derived healing capability. Seems like healing is, generally speaking, restricted to the schools of Matter that deal with life and, well, things material.

Inceptor

Re: Dragon Age Core Rulebook - Missing Things and Mistakes (Errata Collection...)

Quote Originally Posted by eliastion View Post
    I don't think so. Metamagic (as in: spells affecting other spells, spellpower, mana etc.) is almost exclusively the domain of Spirit school while Entropy does include some healing (of the life-draining variety). Spirit magic on the other hand has no healing whatsoever - it's too focused on immaterial. Even Spirit Healer, while relying on Spirit magic a lot, casts Creation spells when it comes to actually applying the spirit-derived healing capability. Seems like healing is, generally speaking, restricted to the schools of Matter that deal with life and, well, things material.
    Again, that was a personal view regarding mana vs health. My real question sprouted from the fact that the flavor descriptions of the spells seem contrary to the spell schools listed.

There is a Errata PDF coming out soon, right?

Inceptor

I too would like to know the status of either an official errata or a collected fan-made version for the Core Rulebook.

(Also, is the Ultimate Edition going to be available again in the store?)

Inceptor

Question MISSING: Does using the "Arcane Lance" Class Power require a Major or Minor action?

Does using the "Arcane Lance" Class Power require a Major or Minor action?
    *** PLEASE give the source for your answer, with specific document/book titles and page numbers where applicable, or "I am one of the Green Ronin Dragon Age game designers" 🙂 . (I am interested in *the* rule and supporting documentation -- proof. So I really expect very few replies, possibly only one. I am completely uninterested in any guesses, reasoned inferences, offhand recollections or opinions, etc., because our group already has our own decision made if it turns out that there is no rule actually in place yet. I'm not being mean or standoffish, just making it clear what I actually want 😘.)

Here, there is just more unnecessary, but maybe informative, babble ...

Tl;dr: I tried to do my own homework first
    We were not able to *find* the answer in our group's PDF rulebook, which our DM got from the kick-starter. It was not listed under spells because it isn't one, and the focus description & "the mage's class power of the same name" to which the focus description specifically referred did not mention either Major or Minor action, or anything about time required to use it. I also used Google to search for an answer, and searched specifically within this forum, without finding an answer. ... This "missing items & errata" thread seemed like a good one in which to post my question, better than starting a new thread for the single question perhaps.

Tl;dr: Why the question came up for us...
    (I had written "minor action" for it on my character sheet, and I would not have made up any stats myself; but our DM questioned my casting it twice per round several rounds in a row last night, so we tried to look it up without any success. Last night, I figured that I must have found it in the book; but it occurs to me now, that in not finding it, I would have asked our DM, so *maybe* he just made an offhand judgment call at the time. We are ALL -- even the DM -- playing this for the first time, so we built our PCs mostly with the DM's guidance, and with us players *not* reading the book in advance or thoroughly. Arcane Lance also might look more powerful to him now that I have 5 points in MAGIC, than it did when I had 1, since the damage is D6+MAG 😋. In any case, for now, we already have his house ruling that it requires a Major action to use since most *spells* he looked at use a Major action, and since he thought it was getting too powerful, especially with me rolling stunt points and getting extra spells off of it multiple times last night. That is why I am not interested in guesswork or "figuring it out" or "it looks like" sorts of answers. I just want the right answer from the rules [or failing that, the game designers], either to back up our own DM's judgment call, or to show that I can cast it twice per round after all, definitively.)

Thanks from,
    -- Pootmonkey =)

Inceptor

Quote Originally Posted by joeilvirago View Post
    Actually if you purchase dried strawberries for example, you will find yourself paying about 4 times the pound value of fresh, since much of fresh food's weight is water. It should be more acute a difference, but it should be affected by the season, kind of food etc. Either way -- quite expensive. This probably should have been more like 40 coppers and 30 coppers rather than silvers.
    Right! To be clear, you're getting a lot more *berry* in that dried pound than in the fresh; also, if you think about it, drying the berries takes more work. (Replace "berry" with "food" for the original poster.) Just a clarification and thought for later readers, given that the post to which I am replying is about three years old already. *wink*

Inceptor

Does using the "Arcane Lance" Class Power require a Major or Minor action?
    The description of the Arcane Lance power says (emphasis mine):
    If you are holding a quarterstaff, you can make a special ranged attack that damages foes with a lance of magical energy. This is resolved like a normal ranged attack (so stunts are possible), but the attack roll is a Magic (Arcane Lance) test.
    So it is a ranged attack. Ranged attacks require a Major Action.

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Pytheas View Post
    The description of the Arcane Lance power says (emphasis mine):

So it is a ranged attack. Ranged attacks require a Major Action.
    This. There isn't much that's a minor action.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mask View Post
    There is a Errata PDF coming out soon, right?
    Just heard one of Kot's podcasts today and he mentions something on his book that's different from mine, so i second this. Not something minor either - the classes available to the Dalish Elf background...

Where's our errata, guys?

Inceptor

Hi! I'm new here, but I've been reading for a while before register I have a question about one spell I hope you can solve, I guess this is the best thread to ask.

The description of Blood Wound power (128 Core) says: "Those that fail can only take a minor action on their next turns". żIs that right, "turns", without a limit? Mind Blast causes a similar effect but just for one turn. I know Blood Magic is quite powerfull, but this is remarkable, it almost rends the pcs helpless for all the encounter.

Thank you!