• William Benson
    • Wilt
    • The Wisent
    • Wolf
    • Wuxia

X

Y

Z
    Last edited by Michuru81; 10-21-2016 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Added Ultra Mauler

OPA Belta

Re: OUBLIETTE (2E Original Builds)

Last edited by Michuru81; 02-11-2015 at 03:12 PM.

OPA Belta

#307: Thorn

THORN (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’10” / 130 lbs.
    Hair / Eyes: Blonde w/ a black streak / Blue
    Place of Birth: Venice, Italy (October 31, 1993)
    First Appearance: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #13

Physical Appearance: Rose is an attractive young woman with a svelte frame. She has shoulder-length blonde hair with a black streak through her bangs. She typically dresses stylish, albeit flirty. Her uniform is sleeveless and ends in a short, frilled skirt, which she wears with wrist gloves and knee-high boots.

Relationships: Francesco Caspian (father), Rosella Caspian (mother), Fiore Caspian (elder brother)

Biography: Little is known about Rose’s life prior to her enrollment at the school, other than that her powers had only just manifested. After arriving in Vienna, Rose immediately made an enemy out of Violet Lear, as both girls had set their eyes on Mike Mitchell. Together with her friends inside the school and out, Violet took Rose to Lux. Their night of dancing was cut short, however, when Mike and Wolf began fighting over Rose. (NVAE #13)

On another night at Lux, members of the Serbian mafia tried to abduct Rose, only to be stopped by Lex Murphy and Violet. (NVAE #15)

During Siegfried’s attack on Vienna, Rose teamed up with Kas Flaegler. During this time, she took a codename—electing to take the nickname Lex meant as an insult and made it her own. As Thorn, she and Magnitude worked with Durendal and encountered Francois and Antoine Vitesse. After defusing the situation, Magnitude and Thorn joined Fluxx and Current at the hospital, where she played a role in stopping Cleave. (NVAE #17)

• STR 10, DEX 12 (+1), CON 10, INT 11, WIS 12 (+1), CHA 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Diplomacy 4 (+6/+10 attractive), Knowledge (popular culture) 4, Language 1 (English, Italian [base]), Notice 4 (+5), Perform (keyboards) 5 (+7), Perform (strings) 6 (+8), Sense Motive 4 (+5)

FEATS: Attractive 1, Equipment 2

POWERS: Plant Control 8 (Alternate Powers: Animate Objects 8 [Flaws: Limited {plants, -1}], Plant Growth 8; Power Feats: Accurate 2)

Equipment: comm link, GPS receiver, iPhone (as cell phone, computer, video camera), New Vindicators uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat])

COMBAT: Attack +0 (+4 plant control), Grapple +0, Damage +0, Defense +0, Knockback -0, Initiative +1

SAVES: Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Reflex +3, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Neo-Sapien), Reputation (Mean Girls), Rivalry (Violet)

Abilities 9 + Skills 7 (28 ranks) + Feats 3 + Powers 20 + Combat 0 + Saves 10 = 49 points

Quote Originally Posted by Michuru81
    If Shock ever wondered whether or not Violet could take Rose in a fight, this should help.

I wanted Rose to have room to bloom (da-dum-dunt!). She's young and very inexperienced, having only recently come into her powers and to the school. As she currently stands, there isn't really much to say about her, but... here she is.
    Last edited by Michuru81; 02-11-2015 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Math is hard

OPA Belta

#308: Leannán Sí

LEANNÁN SÍ (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 4’10” / 105 lbs.
    Hair / Eyes: Red / Green
    Place of Birth: Ireland (December 2, 1993)

Physical Appearance: Kelly is a lithe young girl with long red hair. Though most comfortable in a T-shirt and jeans, her style has changed since enrollment, with her electing to emulate Rose’s stylish and flirty style. Similarly, her uniform matches Rose’s: sleeveless and ending in a short, frilled skirt, which she wears with wrist gloves and knee-high boots.

Relationships: Dana O’Laughlin (Fey; maternal cousin)

Biography: Little is known about Kelly’s life prior to her enrollment at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe. Since arriving in Vienna, she has been pulled into Rose’s orbit, joining the freshman’s group.

• STR 10 [1, size] (+0 [-5, size]), DEX 10, CON 10, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 10

SKILLS: Intimidate 0 (-10, size), Knowledge (popular culture) 2, Notice 2, Stealth 0 (+20, size)

FEATS: Equipment 2, Favored Environment 2 (air)

POWERS: Flight 2 (25 MPH; Extras: Linked [Shrinking, +0]; Drawbacks: Power Loss [wings are bound, -1 point]), Shrinking 20 (Power Feats: Growth Strike; Extras: Linked [Flight, +0], Normal Movement [+1]; Drawbacks: Full Power [-1 point])

Equipment: cell phone, comm link, GPS receiver, New Vindicators uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat])—3 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +0 (+12, size), Grapple +0 (-20, size), Damage +0, Defense +0 (+12, size), Knockback -0 (+2, size), Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +0 (-5, size), Fortitude +2, Reflex +6, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Neo-Sapien)

Abilities 0 + Skills 1 (4 ranks) + Feats 4 + Powers 43 + Combat 0 + Saves 10 = 58 points

And here we have Kelly, another student of the NVAE.

Kelly was born from necessity: given the way I set up the world (powers being hereditary), it made sense that powers would not be exclusive at the school. Established NPCs would have siblings and cousins who possessed a similar power set, albeit with some variation so that they're not the same character. Given that Fey gets offed in the narrative, it made sense to recycle her build with a family member who can control it. Plus, I needed someone to be the Amanda Seyfried to Rose's Rachel McAdams.

OPA Belta

#309: Kikker

KIKKER (Power Level 8)

Height / Weight: 5’6” / 135 lbs.
    Hair / Eyes: Bald (Blonde) / Black (Blue)
    Place of Birth: Drachten, Friesland, Netherlands (February 8, 1992)

Physical Description: Annaliese looks like an anthropomorphic frog. Her normal attire typically consists of a T-shirt and shorts. Her uniform sports short sleeves, legs, and a lack of gloves and boots.

Relationship: Jakob Janssen (father, deceased), Dorothea Janssen (mother), Eleonora Janssen (sister)

Biography: On Christmas Eve 2008, Annaliese’s boyfriend Joost took her ice skating. Falling through the ice, Annaliese’s Neo-Sapien powers manifested and she transformed into an anthropomorphic frog. Grabbing Joost, she was able to make it back to the surface, but unable to revert back to her natural form.

Her secret out, it didn’t take long for news to reach Geert van Rijn’s Independence Party—a political movement looking to remove Neo-Sapiens from the Netherlands. The man’s supporters descended on Annaliese’s home and began harassing her family. With the help of representatives from the Department of SPB Affairs, Annaliese, her mother, and her younger sister were moved to Austria, where Annaliese enrolled in the New Vindicators Academy, hoping that with their help, she could find a way to revert back to her natural self, and return to a normal life.

• STR 10, DEX 10, CON 10, INT 13 (+1), WIS 10, CHA 12 (+1)

SKILLS: Craft (writing) 2 (+3), Knowledge (history) 2 (+3), Knowledge (physical science) 3 (+4), Knowledge (popular culture) 2 (+3), Languages 1 (Dutch [base], English), Notice 2

FEATS: Equipment 2

POWERS: Container 7 (Additional Limbs 1 [prehensile tongue; Power Feats: Improved Grab, Improved Pin], Elongation 2 [Flaws: Limited {tongue, -1}], Immunity 1 [drowning], Leaping 4, Protection 8, Strike 4 [tongue lash; Power Feats: Accurate 6], Super-Movement 2 [wall-crawling], Swimming 4; Extras: Duration [Continuous, +1]; Flaws: Permanent [-1])

Equipment: cell phone, comm link, GPS receiver, laptop, New Vindicators uniform (+2 Toughness, Immunity 2 [cold and heat]); 2 free equipment points

COMBAT: Attack +0 (+12 tongue lash), Grapple +0, Damage +0 (+4 tongue lash), Defense +0, Knockback -4, Initiative +0

SAVES: Toughness +8, Fortitude +2, Reflex +6, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Neo-Sapien)

Abilities 5 + Skills 3 (12 ranks) + Feats 2 + Powers 35 + Combat 0 + Saves 10 = 55 points

The challenge with running a game at a super-powered high school is that you need a wide cast (where's the fun in going to a school where the graduating class is only five people?), but you need a cast that can't steal the show from the real stars: the PCs. I'm on a never-ending quest to create unique NPCs who are never too useful to the party. Sometimes I succeed (Aphasia) and sometimes I fail (Vestige). I'm hoping I succeed here with our little frog girl. She'll be accurate in combat, and may be able to take a hit or two, but she's not going to be doing much damage, or dodging any blows. She's also not going to making a lot of saves. Really, there's little reason to take her into battle, and she's going to be much help outside of it either.

One note is her back story, which is meatier when compared to Rose and Kelly's. Biographies tend to be the last thing I write up, and when characters I can see having more interaction, I try to keep myself free of any preset restrictions I might make in writing up a story.

OPA Belta

The first thing I have to say is Yay! A new build thread for Oubliette.

Unfortunately, the second thing I have to say is Rose is totalled incorrectly. She should total out at 49, not 45.
    She has 9pp in attributes, 7pp in skills, but only 3 in feats rather than 7, 4 and 5 respectively. Other than a little math problem, she's awesome.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Horsenhero View Post
    The first thing I have to say is Yay! A new build thread for Oubliette.

Unfortunately, the second thing I have to say is Rose is totalled incorrectly. She should total out at 49, not 45.
    She has 9pp in attributes, 7pp in skills, but only 3 in feats rather than 7, 4 and 5 respectively. Other than a little math problem, she's awesome.
    That's not surprising: math is not my strong suit. Thanks, HH! I'll get that corrected here and in my bible.

OPA Belta

Heh. You should check the OOC thread for INV to see what I did to Rose and Violet for Oubliette-720...total bizarro world.

Also, I'm thinking Rose needs a complication note to point out she can't remember the name of anybody who doesn't "interest" her ;~)

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Arkrite View Post
    Also, I'm thinking Rose needs a complication note to point out she can't remember the name of anybody who doesn't "interest" her ;~)
    That's not a bug, it's a feature.