Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creatures of Westeros

Keeper of Secrets

Re: Creatures of Westeros

In addition to the last animals I posted (apes, giant snakes and firewyrms) I want to add that if anyone want to post his own creatures here, please do so. It would be very interesting to see it and I think it help other players. If anyone has remarks to the creatures Paedrig and I have described or an idea for other animals to be described in the future, please let us know this, too.

Inceptor

Hi Kajani
    Thx for the creature update will start using some of them right away

Keeper of Secrets

I am glad if I could help! I hope they fit - with the creatures which are different from those which are given it is often not so easy to estimate, if they are too weak or unstopable killers... well some should be...

Keeper of Secrets

One suggestion I would like to make is to add a rule that all non-sentinent creatures, meaning animals and animal-level of intelligence monsters, have their Combat Defense cut in half. The reason for this is to avoid situations where for example a rider with a shield is easier to hit than the horse he's riding, or where a boar dodge blows like a Water Dancer. I always understood the basic tactic in targeting the horse to be that it was easier to hit than the rider. Not that it was the opposite.

Keeper of Secrets

Well, I think that may make animals a far to easy enemy. The normal animals are already not such hard foes - a good fighter could very likely kill a bear, he must not be SO good (as I have tested myself, and my fighter had mostly fighting 3-4 with only 1-2 bonus dices).
    You could argue if it may not be appropriate to reduce CD for horses indeed. After all they could not act freely if attacked if their are used as mounts (set aside that they have a 100+ kilogramm handicap on their back with their rider and his equipment) since their rider controll them. Normal animals may act more freely. However if you make horses easy target, you may think about what other systems have as rule - attacks against horses may give the rider the opportunity to hit you.