Page 280 of 280 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280
Results 2,791 to 2,798 of 2798

Thread: The Merge 3E (Recruitment closed)

Keeper of Secrets

Re: The Merge 3E (Recruitment closed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    That would be accurate - but I got my init up.

I really need to take about an hour every two days to post everywhere. I keep forgetting how cathartic it is to RP sometimes.
    I know the feeling. I also know (and hate) how RL sometimes makes it feel like more of a chore.
    My builds can be found in the Roll Call forum here. And, here's the latest version of The Cast.
    Currently playing in: Identity Lost and The Merge: Prologue to Annihilation.

Keeper of Secrets

Trust me...if anyone understands, it's me. Thank you for taking the time.

Keeper of Secrets betterwatchit's Avatar

Evolución, I'm sure you mean you're using Pacification, right?

Quote Originally Posted by betterwatchit View Post
    Evolución, I'm sure you mean you're using Pacification, right?
    Ah yes, you are correct.
    心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Keeper of Secrets

I cannot believe I got a frickin 2 on a dice roll. Especially when the save was 14! LOL. Them's the kicks though.

At least it wasn't a one.

Heh. I try to have fun with her getting hit. She really doesn't react to things like normal people should. ^_^
    Last edited by kirinke; 11-15-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Keeper of Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Evolución View Post
    Using first of Buddha, penetrating, multiattack, subtle. The hand tools a 28.
    http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=187406
    This means his target needs to roll perception to see the attack coming. Otherwise it's vulnerable to it.
    Hmm.

I believe that usually, Subtle doesn't keep the opponent from defending against an attack, it just (1) makes it difficult to see who threw it, or from where, and (2) sometimes qualifies as a surprise attack. Considering that your attack is close range, I could see it being "invisible", but it still might not qualify as a surprise attack. (Just going off what I've seen elsewhere. I am curious to see Neo's commentary on this.)

He also needs to save from the secondary effect from last round, so another toughness DC 25. He ought to fail some of these rolls
    You had said that your first attack was Palm of Buddha here, but that's not listed on your character profile here (edit: or rather, it's not a damaging attack.) I presume you had meant Fist of Buddha instead?

If so, then unfortunately, the Secondary Effect doesn't kick in; Koschei still only saves against one attack, according to the RAW.

RAW: Secondary Effects don’t stack, so if you attack a target with your Secondary Effect on the round after a successful hit, it doesn’t affect the target twice; it simply delays the second effect for another round. You can attack the target with a different effect, however. So, for example, if you hit a target with a Secondary Damage Effect then, on the following round, hit with an Affliction, the target suffers both the Affliction and the Secondary Damage.
    Last edited by Rush; Today at 01:29 PM. Reason: Palm of Buddha is listed, but not as a damaging attack
    My builds can be found in the Roll Call forum here. And, here's the latest version of The Cast.

Pacification was the first attack, sorry, fist of Buddha is another attack so he had to save vs both
    心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Keeper of Secrets

Pacification was the first attack, sorry, fist of Buddha is another attack so he had to save vs both
    Ah, I was confused by that. It would indeed be two saves, then.