Page 177 of 293 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2929

Thread: The Merge 3E (Recruitment closed)

OPA Belta

Re: The Merge 3E (OOC)

I'm trying to get together a build of a daughter of the Doctor, the Master and possibly River Song for kicks thrown together.

I got it finally thrown together, it's in my build's thread here.

Oh and Jemal is gonna be out of communication range for awhile:
    http://roninarmy.com/threads/4241-Je...893#post163893
    Last edited by kirinke; 02-03-2016 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemal View Post
    I'm sorry everybody, but recent developments are completely monopolizing my time, and I probably won't be able to post reliably for a while, so I think it's best if I just take a leave of absence from the boards until I get things in order again.

I may be gone for 1 week or several, I'm not quite certain yet.

I apologize to everybody In my games, I will return to them and get them moving again As soon as I can, for any who'd still like to play.
    For those whose games I'm in, feel free to either replace me or NPC me until I return, whichever works better for you.

Please if you could spread the word to any games I'm in, I'd appreciate it.
    *sigh*

Real Life Stinks (TM).

Okay, Bacon was a really cool character, and I would offer to pick him up to compensate and keep the momentum going, but alas my Warhammer knowledge is not up to snuff to do the character justice. I recommend, if possible, to keep Bacon with the Bus and say his attention is focused on Starkiller, or another convenient telepathic type that the good folks of SHIELD picked up.

That leaves us with Captain America, Nightwing and Aggie as solid and reliable players. Death Toll is here and posts when he can (and credit to him for keeping up and making the effort!).

To bolster our ranks (again), I was thinking of offering a second character if would benefit the story. This game setting is just too damn cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

OPA Belta

Well, Bladewind, if you feel like doing another character, feel free. Also, I will sideline Bacon for the time being, but keep him in the game. Jemal has been a stellar player and I hope he'll return soon, safe and sound.

Another tidbit I forgot to mention:

In the Merge universe, certain aficionados are trying to get Chaos worship acknowledged as an official religion. Unfortunately, the side-effects...well, let's just say that the US are considering a bill that would declare religions that cause direct physical or spiritual harm to its adherents illegal...which has civil rights advocates all up in arms.

In Germany, however, Chaos worship was declared verfassungsfeindlich (hostile to the constitution) and thus placed in the same categories as terrorist groups. The same goes for worshipping the Great Old Ones.
    Last edited by Neo-Paladin; 02-04-2016 at 01:10 AM.

You know... this setting has such a neat balance between dumping supers into the real world and the consequences of same that... wow. Just wow.
    Blade's Builds

OPA Belta

I can only see that as a good thing.

Oh, as far as the mind control check goes, if you want her and galen to fight the guy doing the controlling in a mind-scape type thing, I'm for it!

OPA Belta

Quick reminder: Bacon said the mind control was mystical in nature, meaning that someone put a spell on him. That's not Lord's style.

Also, thanks for the compliment. I really enjoy thinking about how our governments and societies would react to a world where all those things were suddenly real.

I still have a lot of details on my mind. So, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask...or give me your own suggestions.

OPA Belta

True. Still, considering the situation, it's forgivable that Aggie would assume that (Plus she considers magic to just be another branch of Psionics or Spark Science at best). Also, I did check the rules and it's possible for Aggie to try to do this. And have a good chance of succeeding. Mind Control Vs Mind Control or Spark vs sorcery, either way. ^_^

And with a roll of 17, that's pretty darned good!

So, how did you like the description of her voice?
    Last edited by kirinke; 02-04-2016 at 06:54 AM.

OPA Belta

I enjoyed it. Anyone who's going to go all dark and creepy... to take a Sith lord away from the Dark Side. Just feels.. right. And yet oh so 'Aggie's going to the dark side! Aggie's going to the dark side!' at the same time.

Having talked to Neo-Paladin, we worked out a character that he would be more interested in.

So I present to you, Fenix, Protoss hero, Zealot, and protector of his species, from the Starcraft Universe.

Fenix
    PL 12, PP 150/150

Background
    In this version, Fenix doesn't get nearly as badly injured when defending Antioch. The proud warrior is still defeated, but he is not so badly injured as to become a Dragoon afterwards. Instead, his continued personal sacrifices convince Tassadar and the other leaders of the Protoss that he is perfect to lead Plan B. Using information gained from the Terrans, a planet far from the Zerg invasion is chosen, and Fenix is sent with a contingent of Protoss (~1000) to this planet, so that if the worst should happen, there will be a backup world that the Protoss can use from which to stage a counterattack on Aiur.

Fenix is outfitted with prototype equipment from the Stalkers that are being designed (although they don't see mass use until after the Brood Wars), gaining the ability to Blink, on top of his own already extremely high fighting ability. Further, during the fight at Antioch, his own latent Psi ability is ripped open by the Hunter Killer - and in order to prevent him from going insane, Fenix has to start training with the Templar in order to put his mind back together. This training has started to develop his own Templar abilities. The only power he has now is Psi Storm, but he can power stunt things like Create and Hallucinations.

Fenix uses these new abilities to help build the new Protoss base. After the initial base is set up and maintained, Fenix starts to realize he is truly nothing but a figurehead. He has Templar abilities - but he can't control them well enough to truly assist. The ground forces look at him and see only a hero, sent away from their homeworld. He knows well enough that they need a leader or none of them would have made the journey at all, but he also knows that all Protoss look to Aiur as their destiny. And for a hero handpicked by Tassadar, to just leave Aiur? In their eyes, something must be wrong with him. And Fenix is no builder - he has the physical ability, as all protoss do, but not the technical knowledge or experience. His role, quite simply, is to give the other Protoss someone to blame for being here. But, in the worst case, they still need him to be their leader - if they are called on to fight once again, they must trust him.

So Fenix goes exploring - this world seems to have various latent Psi 'pools' around, and he wants to investigate them to find out what is happening. To show he still has some value. Finding a particularly strong area of Psi Potential, he starts to construct a second Nexus.

But something goes wrong; instead of teleporting in a Nexus, Fenix is instead teleported out. Fenix blacks out in the intervening time, and when he awakes.. he is on a world full of.. Terrans. SO. Many. Terrans!

And female Terrans! How could there be so many? How have they not destroyed the world, as Kerrigan is destroying the Galaxy? Where IS he?

At first, Fenix is horrified to be away from the Protoss he was sent to lead. But as time passes, two realizations dawn - with him gone, a new leader will be chosen. He will be vilified, just as Zeratul was vilified, but Tassadar showed that even the Dark Templar were true Protoss. And Fenix accepts that making the ultimate sacrifice, uniting the Protoss on the expedition via their hate for him, will ensure the safety of the whole Protoss race. Secondly, this expedition was made possible only by the knowledge that Tassadar gained from Jim Raynor. Jim Raynor exemplifies all that is good about the Terran race - and if this world indeed is about to face the end of it's time, as these 'females' (such a strange concept, sexuality. And from all Fenix has learned, Terrans take the strange concept and make it infinitely stranger with their bizarre courting rituals) must surely symbolize, then he would do all he could to honour Jim Raynor.

By protecting this world, and these newborn Terrans, and ensuring that the insane power lust latent in them does not destroy this world too. (At first he was led to believe that the Overmind had corrupted Kerrigan; but her actions in the Brood Wars seemed to indicate that SHE was corrupting the Zerg! How much power did Terran females have? How could they control such vast power, when they had no Judicators to train them?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanics
    Mechanics!
    Abilities [ 36 PP ]
    Str 6* Sta 8* Dex 0 Agi 4 Fit 4 Int 0 Awe 0 Pre 0
    *Includes Growth

Skills [ 26 PP ]
    Athletics 7 (+13), Acrobatics 16 (+20), Stealth 8 (+10), Combat: Psi Blades 10 (+14) (41 ranks)
    Persuasion 10 (+10), Perception 14 (+14, +10 to detect mental/psionic), Insight 9 (+9), Intimidate 0 (+2/+11*), Treatment 4 (+4) (37 ranks)
    *Leaping Dash bonus

Defenses [ 28 PP ]
    Dodge 10, Parry 10, Toughness 14*, Fort 12, Will 12
    Dodge 6 ranks, Parry 6 ranks, Fort 4 ranks, Will 12 ranks (28 pp)
    *Includes Plasma Shield and Cybertanium Armour

Offenses
    Initiative: +8
    Swirling Blades: +14 vs Parry, 18-20 crit, Multiattack, Toughness DC 25
    Leaping Dash: +10 vs Parry, 16-20 crit, Toughness DC 29, Fort DC 24 (Dazed + Hindered/Stunned + Prone)
    Psi Storm: 300' range, 30' burst, Dodge DC 22 (if successful reduce Will save by 6), Will DC 22 (damage)

Advantages [ 13 PP ]
    Power Attack, Accurate Attack, All Out Attack
    Fearless, Improved Critical 2 (Psi Blades), Improved Initiative
    Move by Action, Uncanny Dodge
    Assessment, Leadership, Teamwork, Interpose

Powers

Protoss Physiology [ 14 PP ]
    Array of 2 powers, base cost 2 pp (3 pp)
    Speed 2, 120' per round (2)
    Leaping 2, 30' leap (2)
    Growth 2, Permanent (4 pp)
    Immunity to Suffocation, Starvation and Thirst, Extreme Heat, Extreme Cold, Vaccuum (6 pp)

Psionic Potential [ 1 PP ]
    Senses Detect Mental/Psionic Powers, Extras: Ranged, Flaws: Reduced Perception 4 (Limited to Detect Mental/Psionic powers) (1)

Plasma Shield [ 4 PP ]
    Regeneration 2, Limited to Bruises only (1 pp)
    Protection 3, Permanent (3 pp)

Cybertanium Armour [ 3 PP ]
    Protection 3, Pemanent (3 pp)

Psi Blades [ 26 PP ]
    Array of 3 powers, base cost of 24 pp
    Swirling Blades (24 pp)
    Damage 4, Strength Based, Extras: Multiattack 10, Affects Incorporeal 2 (16)
    Teleport 2, Extras: Accurate, Change Velocity, Turnabout (8)
    Leaping Dash (24 pp)
    Speed 2, 120' or 500' per round (2)
    Leaping 2, 30' or 120' leap (2)
    Enhanced Intimidate 9, Quirk: Can only be used after leaping 30'+ or dashing 120'+ (2)
    Damage 8, Strength Based, Extras: Affects Incorporeal 2, Improved Critical 2, Flaws: Inaccurate 2, Quirk: Can only be used after leaping 30'+ or dashing 120'+ linked to (9)
    Affliction 8, Strength Based, (Dazed + Hindered/Stunned + Prone, Resisted by Fort), Extras: Extra Condition, Affects Incorporeal 2, Improved Critical 2, Flaws: Limited Degree, Inaccurate 2, Quirk: Can only be used after leaping 30'+ or dashing 120'+ (9)
    Psi Storm (24 pp)
    Damage 12, Extras: Alternate Resistance (Resisted by Will), Increased Range - Ranged, Area (30' burst), Flaws: Distracting (24)

Total: Abilities 36 + Skills 26 + Defenses 28 + Advantages 13 + Powers 47 = 150

Complications:
    Protector (motivation): Fenix is a devout warrior and follower of Khala. He would give everything for his race, and for those under his care. He's already given his body to the Hunter Killer, his mind to the Templar and his social status to abandoning Aiur.
    No mouth (disability): Fenix, like all Protoss, has no mouth. In the fight with the Hunter Killer, his sense of smell was also damaged, and so he has no olfactory senses at all. Note that Protoss are able to speak just fine, despite having no mouth.
    Psi energy (power loss): Fenix's Plasma Shield and Psi Storm abilities are vulnerable to electro magnetic pulses, or other attacks that would shut down energy sources. Strong enough attacks could short out his Psi Blades completely.
    Inhuman (social quirk): A 9 foot tall scaled grey creature with no mouth, and who leaks energy out of his eyes can give some people pause - or heart attacks. This can cause many social problems. Additionally, Fenix only has the most rudimentary understanding of Terran cultures, especially regarding things that do not exist at all in Protoss society.
    Light Source (power loss): Protoss use sunlight (even reflected sunlight such as moonlight) as their version of food. While they can go a long time without being exposed to sunlight, if they don't get any for weeks, they will start to be affected as if starving.
    Hunter Killer (enemy): Fenix is still hunted by the Hunter Killer hydralisk that tried to kill him in Antioch - once assigned a target, the Hunter Killer never gives up the hunt, even if it kills others in the meantime.
    Last edited by Nelphine; 04-21-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    Ragtop, Autobot! And Zeanthara, Are You a God?
    Fenix, in the Merge, and Alicia DeVries, in the Cosmic Merge
    Supe of the Justice League Academy

Okay, want to make two comments, I am going to do it in two posts because one is more game relevant than the other:

One, for Aggie.

Enjoy.
    Blade's Builds

Two... Nelphine... that build. Sweet.

• I noticed you put all the point costs in a nice clean fashion - but what about overall total? I trust your build fu enough not to worry overmuch about it.
    • I was just wanting to make sure that you availed of the House Rules - Skills at 3/PP, extra Advantage (Social) per Point of Presence (Not applicable since our presence is at 0).
    • Also, none of the armour and blades are removable?
    • Your presence in the game gives Neo two more elements to add to the Setting thread. We all brought two items initially... what do you want? It does not have to be related to your character in any way. You could say Metroplex and Lara Croft just as easily as you could say Olympus and Big Belly Burger.

Okay, three things... Neo Paladin - I updated the list in my sig with the links to all the active builds.
    Last edited by Bladewind; 02-05-2016 at 05:36 PM.
    Blade's Builds